Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 20th, 2013 (01:56 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Minus Spritzee, none of the Fairies shown have wings at all so I don't see how humanoid with black wings play any part. Fairies don't have to be humanoid either as shown by Sylveon, Swirlix, Spritzee, Jigglypuff, Marill, and Xerneas. Even Flabebe isn't that humanoid leaving only Gardevoir as the only humanoid Fairy type.

I can see an evil tree being a fairy, to me that fits more than the stupid Tinkerbell crap we've been getting so far. A good number older fairies they were just monsters, not humanoids. Treants can also fall under the classification of Fairies and a Treant can be evil just as it can be good.

A lot of people have said this. Personally, do not want. Sudowoodo is fine as is, leave him alone. Let's get a Grass/Fairy Evil tree~
None of the fairies bring Tinkerbell or any of the Disney fairies to mind. Though they are several that are very cutesy.

Also while some fairies were kind some were said to have deceiving appearances, which could be where some of these cute Pokémon could be going. Sort of like the mean Togepi in the anime...

Anyways I do believe that Grass/Fairy tree would be a good take on more evil looking traditional fairies. Ghost/Fairy could work too as it could be like Sudowoodo, only taking the appearance of one...
Old July 21st, 2013 (01:16 AM).
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
first: i don't think sudowoodo need an evolution, unless they want it to improve it's special defence.
second: i agree with the theory of the possible evil tree being fairy, also ghost fairy would probably be an interesting type to see during gameplay, i only hope that combination give a resistance making dark and ghost attack do normal damage and not make a x4 weakness.
Old July 21st, 2013 (01:52 AM).
Conqueror of Castles

Yveltal's typing is not nearly as surprising as Xerneas, but to me both of them are pretty interesting. I think once fairy was released, it could have been inferred that Xerneas would be Fairy type, but no one would have guessed it to be pure. On the other hand, Yveltal looks the part of Dark/Flying, and its move Death Wing sounds pretty cool.

I'm glad that some variety was thrown into the Pancham line with its dual-dark typing and intense character creation. Koronda looks pretty menacing. I still won't be using him haha, but it's nice to see it won't be a boring Fighting type. Also interesting to see what the new way of evolution will be.

The squid typing is amazing, tbh. At first glance, everyone must've thought water, but their true typing is a shock and really intriguing as well. I can see Malamar becoming a powerhouse in competitive battle if its stats are to par with its odd type. On top of all the perks of the line, Maika is so darn cute!

Honestly, as long as Spritzee has a somewhat-good evolution, it's going on my team. I don't know why I like it so much, but along with Skrelp (who is also a Y-exclusive, lucky me), it's one of my favorite new fakemon. Can't wait to see its evolution details. As for the puffy pokemon, it looks cute but doesn't compare to the surperior fairy, imo haha.

The gym leaders both look wonderful! I'm guessing that the robotic-like man will be steel, and the nature-loving man to be rock type. No matter what specialty they turn out to be, I really enjoy their designs.

The professor is fine. I would've liked it to be another female professor, but for a male one, he is acceptable. I like the young, smart and motivated concept he has, and hopefully he'll have a similar aurora to his personality. I like him!

Team Flair/Flare is going to be odd; I really liked where they were going with the more universal evil team concepts, as they had began to move away from the elemental-based ones such as Magma and Aqua, which were too one-dimensonal in my opinion, but hopefully Team Flare proves me wrong.
Old July 21st, 2013 (05:48 AM).

Nature: Timid
Does anyone what Geomancy ACTUALLY does? It's killing me -.-
Old July 21st, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Understand Understand

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by PixelWarrior:
The squid typing is amazing, tbh. At first glance, everyone must've thought water, but their true typing is a shock and really intriguing as well. I can see Malamar becoming a powerhouse in competitive battle if its stats are to par with its odd type. On top of all the perks of the line, Maika is so darn cute!
Indeed, Dark/Psychic is pretty amazing. I can see it being on many teams. Another team member with a bug resistance is needed though; otherwise it will be destroyed by U-turn users xD
People play Celebi who has a 4x bug weakness and it works with the right support, so I'm sure Malamar will be seen a lot in competitive matches if it has acceptable stats.
Also, am I the only one who's wondering why it has 2 ways of reversing stat changes? The ability Contrary and the new move (forgot the name)? That sounds confusing lol.
Old July 21st, 2013 (01:45 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Why are you saying that the squids(too lazy to type their names) will get owned by bug types? Sure, they're x4 weak to them, but we don't know their stats yet. So maybe they'll be awesome walls.

Has anybody seen that horse silhouette(spelling?) thing yet? It's on bulbapedia.
Old July 21st, 2013 (01:59 PM).

I'm pretty sure it's ability reverses all stat changes to itself while it's move (Topsy-Turvy?) affects the opponent.

Quote originally posted by TreeKangaroo:
Why are you saying that the squids(too lazy to type their names) will get owned by bug types? Sure, they're x4 weak to them, but we don't know their stats yet. So maybe they'll be awesome walls.

Has anybody seen that horse silhouette(spelling?) thing yet? It's on bulbapedia.
I feel like everyone is going to nickname their Malamar "Ursula". And doesn't that silhouette look like a pony with an over-sized head? Still, we haven't been told if it's a Pokemon or a new franchise, only that "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration".
Old July 21st, 2013 (02:14 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Salt-the-Sloth:
Does anyone what Geomancy ACTUALLY does? It's killing me -.-
I saw this too, it's Xerneas' signature move but that's all I know.. ;;
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:04 AM).
Happy Go Lucky

Nature: Brave
I don't know about this but..... Well who know about Mew Awakening??

Spoiler:
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:35 AM).
Understand Understand

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Salt-the-Sloth:
I'm pretty sure it's ability reverses all stat changes to itself while it's move (Topsy-Turvy?) affects the opponent.
Oh, now I get it. Makes sense.

Quote originally posted by TreeKangaroo:
True, but a Pokemon like Scizor with a really high attack stat could break walls. Even if they're extremely bulky a good team partner will make things easier. I think you're right though, we should wait till we know the stats before we can judge how good they really are.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:44 AM).

Quote originally posted by reshilegend:
True, but a Pokemon like Scizor with a really high attack stat could break walls. Even if they're extremely bulky a good team partner will make things easier. I think you're right though, we should wait till we know the stats before we can judge how good they really are.
First off, I LOVE Scizor and Malamar and I'm definitely having Malamar on my team, so this is just for discussion. Even though Scizor does have a x4 weakness to Fire, it also has 8 resistances, 1 super resistance, and 1 immunity. Malamar has a x4 weakness to Bug, and 1 immunity to Psychic. That's it :/ Everything else is neutral. I'm REALLY hoping Malamar makes up for this with awesome stats, but who can say?
Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Hayabusa-Kun:
I don't know about this but..... Well who know about Mew Awakening??

Spoiler:
That's not official, but there is a rumor that we're getting another Mewtwo forme, which is said to resemble closely to Mew's design.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:40 AM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Pangoro is so freakin' badass! Thank you Universe! My ferocious bear team is that much closer to becoming a reality!

Not really that excited about the others, though. Team Flare looks really cool, and definitely French, haha! I think it is nice modern-day commentary.....
Old July 22nd, 2013 (09:46 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
That's not official, but there is a rumor that we're getting another Mewtwo forme, which is said to resemble closely to Mew's design.
But the rumor states that the one that resembles Mew is the one from the latest movie, while the second unknown looks more like Mewtwo's original forme. That's some pretty nice and accurate looking artwork though, I like it. The second one would make for a cool new Mew forme, if it had one.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Super Moderator, BSCS

Nature: Adamant
Geomancy basically means "Earth Divination". Think occult astrological divination - 'seeing' stuff. Magic, basically. Xerneas is basically a seer tapping into natural earth energies, I guess. That's the best way of putting it.

And oy, Mew having a forme too. -_-
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:57 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Livewire:
Geomancy basically means "Earth Divination". Think occult astrological divination - 'seeing' stuff. Magic, basically. Xerneas is basically a seer tapping into natural earth energies, I guess. That's the best way of putting it.

And oy, Mew having a forme too.
That sounds like a move which would need some charging in order to gather the magic from the earth and turn it into a power array of beams of light.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:32 PM).
dream

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
That sounds like a move which would need some charging in order to gather the magic from the earth and turn it into a power array of beams of light.
Agreed. Seems like a two-turn move.

I also get the feeling that it's a special attack by the way you described it.

Also no thank you @ new Mew forme. :x A second Mewtwo forme is currently just speculation, right?

Old July 22nd, 2013 (08:09 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
As for what Geomancy's effects are, all we really know is that it's a damaging move. Other than that, we got nothing (so stuff like two turns, recharge, etc. are all unknown).

I don't really understand why everyone things Oorotto is a Sudowoodo evolution. Honestly, from all the speculated images, other than looking like a tree, they don't have much in common. All of its leaves actually look like leaves, whereas Sudowoodo's/Bonsly's are just green spheres. It going from cute and derpy to so sinister just seem kind of radical to me as well.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (08:13 PM).
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Pancham's evolution looks totally awesome. The squids are cute and unique. That pink bird and the white fluffy one is cute too.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old July 23rd, 2013 (01:18 AM).

I agree, I don't believe that Orotto/Oorotto/Aurotto will be a Sudowoodo evo. And his typing can be anything at this moment, honestly. Unless they show some moves he uses in battle we can only throw out what... 15 different possible combinations? There are his obvious typings, and then the pseudo typings, and both are very viable considering, as said before, the Inkay and Malamar being dark/psy when they are clearly squid which 95% of the people would assume has the water type somehow involved, but they threw a curveball and made them completely unique types -- and they can easily do the same to Orotto. I think we should just wait it out regarding him tbh.

Geomancy doesn't have known information. But from how it looks, I'd assume it's a one-turn high damage move like most of the legendaries have been getting lately. A signature move.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (05:41 AM).

Geomancy = Fairy Earthquake?!?!? That, would be awesome. And it kind of does look like a wide-range move. That or a 2-turn charge move.

No wait, it's Xerneas' signature move, doubt it'd be a fairy-type earthquake.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (10:02 AM).
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
Oh I do hope Xerneas doesn't have a charging signature move, I like my legends having usable signature moves thank you.

Old July 23rd, 2013 (10:10 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Strawberry:
Also no thank you @ new Mew forme. :x A second Mewtwo forme is currently just speculation, right?
Indeed, it's only shown up in the rumors from Pokebeach, though there is a chance it's true considering a lot of those rumors turned out true. I'm kinda hoping it turns out to be true.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (02:30 PM).
Silver Tier

Well Roar of Time was a Dragon type hyperbeam so Geomancy could be a Fairy type Earthquake.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (05:05 PM).
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Well Roar of Time was a Dragon type hyperbeam so Geomancy could be a Fairy type Earthquake.
Well Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt were essentially Fire and Electric Earthquakes respectively, so perhaps?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)