Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2013 (02:00 AM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by XSky RiderX:
Also, I noticed the EXP bar is no longer a solid two colors, but now has a fade effect to it.
Is it weird that I'm actually so excited for this? Haha it's the little details that count for me and this is totally it!!
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:10 AM).
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

oorotto.jpeg here it shows oorotto in a horde battle.it's been oofficialy confirmed thats what he looks like

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:31 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
They hit the nail on the head with their sketch, obviously it's at a smaller scale due to the Horde Battle but it will be nice to see the Official Artwork once it has been released.
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:55 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Based on looks alone, I kinda want Oorotto for my team. Hoping its some kinda fairy type combo so I have an excuse to add a fairy to my team.
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:05 AM).
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Might be out of line but Awex was seen in a Horde battle, yet I doubt we will see it's evolution in a Horde battle. Yet we might because of this. This also brings me to this, Oorotto could infact be a evolution of sudowoodo. Now, I know not of alot of people think this anymore. But this revives my hope of it being a evolution.

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:55 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It looks skinner than how I had imagined.
Old July 31st, 2013 (10:17 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Flamebot:
This also brings me to this, Oorotto could infact be a evolution of sudowoodo. Now, I know not of alot of people think this anymore. But this revives my hope of it being a evolution.
Soodowoodo is a petrified tree, a dead tree. Oroto could be a Ghost / Grass, a literal "dead tree".
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:05 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Now that I see orotto more closely, to me it looks like it's going to be a single type pokemon. Either grass, dark, poison or ghost. (Steel could be a possibility as something unexpected and random, but i doubt it).
Old July 31st, 2013 (08:44 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
Soodowoodo is a petrified tree, a dead tree. Oroto could be a Ghost / Grass, a literal "dead tree".
But Grass/Ghost type trees tend to be enchanted trees (in this case normal trees possessed by spirits) rather than dead trees.

Now I'm struggling on whether I should use Gogoat or Oorotto on my team as my Grass type, if it's even confirmed to be a Grass type.
Old August 1st, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Community Supporter

I don't think they've announced it. We'll find out soon though, as the next Corocoro comes out in 12 days or so.
Old August 1st, 2013 (09:47 AM). Edited August 1st, 2013 by Sabrewulf238.
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Looking at some fan art of Orotto: http://volatilet1mes.deviantart.com/art/Oorotto-389688413

It kinda makes me wonder if it's actually some sort of dark or ghost stick spider-like creature that wears the bark off of trees as some kind of armour.

Just imagine him without the foliage and bark, like some kind of tubular shadow creature with spider legs.

I can imagine him slipping out of the bark, sorta like how Cohagrigus has his hands coming out of the coffin.

Not sure if I will want him on my team though, at least I prefer him to Gogoat.
Old August 1st, 2013 (09:50 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Looking at some fan art of Orotto: http://volatilet1mes.deviantart.com/art/Oorotto-389688413

It kinda makes me wonder if it's actually some sort of dark/ghost stick creature that wears the bark off of trees as some kind of armour.

I can imagine him slipping out of the bark, sorta like how Cohagrigus has his hands coming out of the coffin.
Whilst I don't ultimately mind the Pokemon being Dark/Ghost, I would much prefer it to be a more...unique typing? Something like Grass/Fairy I suppose would help, I suppose. You do bring up a good point though, it reminded me that this Pokemon might not even be Grass-type at all. I remember a few people still being surprised of Sudowoodo not being a grass-type and being pure rock, so this might happen in Oorotto's case.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (01:15 PM). Edited August 2nd, 2013 by fenyx4.
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Will probably comment on other developments later...but Oorotto's design looks cool (a little reminiscent of the Digimon Cherrymon and Woodmon (moreso Cherrymon), although I'd imagine that all 'tree-based' fictional monsters will look similar to another at one point or another). It also seems like a dreadful thing to encounter in hordes within a forested area... :<

My hopes are that it's a Grass/Ghost type (or maybe Grass/Dark; something part Grass-type, at least, not another Sudowoodo typing-betrays-design ordeal), with a possible English name of Rotroot or Bruteroot (1st Pokemon movie's novelization's nicknames FTW).

Additionally, giving it the Ability Flash Fire would be a bit interesting, as it would nullify the common weakness of Fire and would likely surprise/dash the hopes of Trainers who were planning on taking it on with a Fire-type Pokemon. (I haven't seen Fennekin's recent trailer with Oorotto yet, but if a Fire-type is used, Flash Fire can still be saved for a potential 2nd or 3rd/Hidden Ability).
Old August 2nd, 2013 (03:50 PM).
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Oorotto end up like Sudowoodo, but I really hope it's not the case :( I know Sabre's theory about it being something hiding in bark could be true, and there's a precedent set (kinda) with the new fairy thing that lives ON flowers but isn't one, but I really would rather it be Grass type. Hoping for Grass/Ghost here.

Old August 3rd, 2013 (07:35 AM).
Community Supporter

I also hope that it's Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Fairy. Just as long as it has Grass as a type. I was hoping the fairy on the flower would be our Grass/Fairy, and Xerneas too but both of those ended up being pure Fairy...
Old August 3rd, 2013 (07:50 AM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I also hope that it's Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dark, or Grass/Fairy. Just as long as it has Grass as a type. I was hoping the fairy on the flower would be our Grass/Fairy, and Xerneas too but both of those ended up being pure Fairy...
It'll definitely have a Grass typing whether it be single-type or dual-type, though I think Grass/ghost or Grass/dark is more likely than a Grass/fairy. That's just my opinion.
Old August 3rd, 2013 (11:12 PM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I'm betting that when Flabebe evolves, the flower becomes part of the Pokemon and it gains the grass typing.
Old August 4th, 2013 (08:57 AM). Edited August 4th, 2013 by Livewire.
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Well, here's the official image of Oorotto:

And apparently Fennekin learns an attack called Glow Punch? :o
Old August 4th, 2013 (11:08 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
As I have said, I do not think Oorotto will be a evo of any pokemon. I don't see them putting us up against 5 fully evolved pokemon. Not to mention I think they were only around level 25 or so in the trailer. It is very possible that it is a stand alone pokemon. It does remind me of a spider though. I hope I am very wrong, but it could be considered a bug.

I am starting to hope that Oorotto is part Fairy though.
Old August 4th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote originally posted by Livewire:
I'm hoping it's something like Draco Metoer, Earth Power, etc. Not in terms of power, but that they sound physical at first but end up being special. Kind of like the punch is energy thrown at the target. Also, I'm thinking Glow Punch is either Fairy or Psychic.

I'm just hoping that's the case, Fennekin doesn't exactly have fists, then again neither does Wooper.
Old August 4th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Probably Psychic. It just reminds me of psychic, just by the sound of it. The guy who said that Fennekin was Fire/Psy has gotten a LOT of things correct, but he has been mistaken on some things.
Old August 4th, 2013 (05:23 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I actually thought that Glow Punch would be an Electric-type move, but I didn't to realize that we already have a move in that category, the ThunderPunch. Still, Gamefreak might make this a priority move to make this unique to other moves, so I'm predicting that it would have 40 Base Power, priority and be an Electric-type (Or possibly a Fairy type, as some people have mentioned)
Old August 6th, 2013 (07:01 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Livewire:
Well, here's the official image of Oorotto:

Pretty much the people sketching Oorotto in theaters got it pretty much right. I do like its design a lot actually, seems to be unique from most things we've seen. I'm definitely putting bets on it being Grass type though.

Glow Punch...that makes it sounds like Fennekin would become bipedal, but if it's using it already that isn't necessarily the case. Is that just the name that got translated, or is it the officially released English name for the move?
Old August 6th, 2013 (09:54 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If Glow Punch is a Fairy type and Fennekin does end up becoming Fire/Fairy, I have no doubt that it would become even more popular than it already is and it would certainly be the one for me! ;;

6K.
Old August 6th, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Community Supporter

Fire/Fairy would be cool to see as Kitsune share a lot of similarities with the european fairy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links