The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I hardly ever use legendaries on my team no matter what, they're just too OP in my opinion. Although I do have a feeling that Oorotto will be my favorite legendary since Kyogre in RSE based on the sketches I've seen.
He was seen in a horde battle so i dont think he will be a Legendary.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
IMO, it doesn't appear like Oorotto would be any kind of legendary at all. o.o; Perhaps just another Pokemon you would find in a wild maybe, but I don't think it's anywhere near legendary status.

Would be cool if it was this generation's pseudo though, but it kind of looks like a mid-game pokemon, so perhaps not.
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Oorotto would make a great pseudo, it looks like it could be epic/useful and they really do need a change of pace in that department. Metagross was great but since then it's been dragon overload and eh, it gets monotonous.

Old July 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I don't see them showing us the Pseudo. It really doesn't make a difference if they do, but I just don't see them showing us any non-legendaries that far down the Pokedex...I don't expect them to show us any other Legendaries for that matter either.
Old July 15th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Am I the only one who thinks that Oorotto might be a fully evolved Chespin? I mean, Chespin's evo was rumoured to be Grass/Dark and Oorotto looks like a Grass/Dark type to me.
Old July 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

That seems even more unlikely than them revealing the pseudo!

Old July 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Agreed, that thing looks nothing like Chespin...and I doubt they'll change species (from a chipmunk? to a rotting tree) like that for a starter final evolution.
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I heard that the new tree-like Pokémon named Orotto (spelling?) has been confirmed but I can't find much information on it, like its type, stats and even what it looks like. Supposedly it's one of these 2 pictures that came up on Google when I put its name in:

Old July 15th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm surprised that none of the art has incorporated the more "cyclops" aspect of it, though it's possible that could be incorrect. .__.;
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I heard that the new tree-like Pokémon named Orotto (spelling?) has been confirmed but I can't find much information on it, like its type, stats and even what it looks like. Supposedly it's one of these 2 pictures that came up on Google when I put its name in:

There is no information on Oorotto. Technically it has not been revealed yet. Its only available to be seen during the Genesect Movie as an advertisement for Pokemon X and Y. You will not find any information on it until Gamefreak actually releases it to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'm surprised that none of the art has incorporated the more "cyclops" aspect of it, though it's possible that could be incorrect. .__.;
The last picture on Serebii does show it as a cyclops and is supposedly the most accurate depiction of Oorotto.

Old July 16th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Oh, well if it's just a Pseudo then I might end up using it in my team ;;

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
first a cyclops, now a 2 eyes tree; I'll just wait until everything is confirmed how it really looks like and it's typing.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Community Supporter

Yeah it's ridiculous how much different versions of it there is...one has to wonder if it has multiple forms xD Well all joking aside I hope they reveal it official in the next issue.
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Agreed. There is like 10 or more versions of it. Only like 2 of them actually saw it. I hope they reveal it before then... If we have to wait till next issue, there is going to be like 100 versions.
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
Agreed. There is like 10 or more versions of it. Only like 2 of them actually saw it. I hope they reveal it before then... If we have to wait till next issue, there is going to be like 100 versions.
Right, one will be able to make a dex out of the different version by then xD

Maybe Pokémon smash will have it as it's said to have a special show during the 21st...though I doubt they'll show it, or anything new for that matter. Likely it will be next issue at the earliest.
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Am I the only one who thought of Woodmon and Cherrymon from Digimon when they saw the sketch art of Oorotto? In any case, I find it hard to believe that it'll be a pseudo legendary and even less likely Chespin's evolution.

Old July 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Am I the only one who thought of Woodmon and Cherrymon from Digimon when they saw the sketch art of Oorotto? In any case, I find it hard to believe that it'll be a pseudo legendary and even less likely Chespin's evolution.

No....alot of people thought of those two. I think me and Twilight Sky were the only two to think of Treeface from Dragon Quest which actually looked closer to the second/third art attempt XD
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

You know, after reading the last few pages of this thread, seeing all the artwork and everyone's speculation on Oorotto, I've came to a few conclusions.

First off, I do not seeing Oorotto being a legendary, or even a pseudo legendary, at all. It looks cool, sure, but doesn't seem to be pseudo legendary status to me. And I do not see Game Freak showing off another one of the legendaries so early. Not happening.

Secondly, based on the latest two artworks, and what someone said earlier (can't remember who, sorry) about this generation getting a lot of Dark types and Fairy types, I sort of changed my opinion on Oorottos typing. I can still see it becomming Grass/Ghost, but, know, I'm thinking maybe Bug/Dark. I mean, we have already seen a bunch of new type combinations, Bug/Dark is one that hasn't been done yet. So I can definitely see this thing turning out to be Bug/Dark.

Lastly, I can kind of see this thing turning out to be a Sudowoodo evolution, but, I wouldn't count on it. It just doesn't look like it should be, but, because of the whole tree aspect, I can see it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No....alot of people thought of those two. I think me and Twilight Sky were the only two to think of Treeface from Dragon Quest which actually looked closer to the second/third art attempt XD
The resemblance is uncanny. Then again, I guess there's only so much you can really do when you make a monster out of a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1395 View Post
Lastly, I can kind of see this thing turning out to be a Sudowoodo evolution, but, I wouldn't count on it. It just doesn't look like it should be, but, because of the whole tree aspect, I can see it.
In its PokéDex entries, Sudowoodo is said to appear like a tree but is mostly composed of rocks rather than vegetation. To me, from the sketches Oorotto seems more of a living tree than a rock replica of one. I can also picture Oorotto being another Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost type, neither of which I think Sudowoodo would evolve into; a Rock / Fighting type would seem more fitting.
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:06 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1395 View Post
Secondly, based on the latest two artworks, and what someone said earlier (can't remember who, sorry) about this generation getting a lot of Dark types and Fairy types, I sort of changed my opinion on Oorottos typing. I can still see it becomming Grass/Ghost, but, know, I'm thinking maybe Bug/Dark. I mean, we have already seen a bunch of new type combinations, Bug/Dark is one that hasn't been done yet. So I can definitely see this thing turning out to be Bug/Dark.
Where does the Bug aspect come from though? The other ones make sense, there's a definite Grass look, it looking like a tree and all, then a very morbid and obscure look, which would make sense for a Dark or Ghost type. Bug though, I don't see how it relates to the design.

A Bug/Dark would be sweet to have, but I don't see this Pokemon being that.
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:54 AM
flufflepuff
Fluffle Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I saw Dark/Flying as Yveltal's type coming, like 5 months ago. Yveltal's signature move (Death Wing) sounds cool, but I have a feeling it'll be toned down to something else in the English version, like Dark Wing or Night Wing.

I was surprised when I learned that Xerneas was a pure Fairy; it doesn't even look the part, other than its antlers.

Regarding the 5 new Pokemon, I like Koronda the best out of them. I also can't help but wonder why the squids aren't Water type.

Yeah, I agree. Xerneas doesn't really look like a fairy type, but pretty much everyone saw flying/dark for Yveltal.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:06 AM
reshilegend
Let's find the key we've lost

Send a message via Skype™ to reshilegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Where does the Bug aspect come from though? The other ones make sense, there's a definite Grass look, it looking like a tree and all, then a very morbid and obscure look, which would make sense for a Dark or Ghost type. Bug though, I don't see how it relates to the design.

A Bug/Dark would be sweet to have, but I don't see this Pokemon being that.
I think some people say it's part Bug type because of the spider-like legs, however I don't think that's gonna happen. I could see it being pure Grass, Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark though.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

The bug aspect is coming from the first person that saw it and reported it to the fansites.
He and another said it was "spider-like" this is why people are saying it is part bug.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Six generations of Electric type leaders, Four generations of Bug leaders and yet still none with Dark types... I can't figure out the logic behind that.

Old July 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Esper

Going by its name, there are a couple of words you can pick out. オーロット (Oorotto) contains ロット (rotto) rot. That points to a Grass/Ghost combo since plants rot when they die. There's also a possible Poison relationship here, too. The beginning of オーロット is also similar to オーロラ (aurora) which points to an Ice-type, though that seems unlikely given the images we've seen. The beginning of the name, オー, is probably also related to 王 (which is pronounced the same: oh) which means 'king' and is in a lot of Pokemon names like オーダイル (Ordile / Feraligatr), ヌオー (Nuoh / Quagsire), and ホエルオー (Whaloh / Wailord), and ユキノオー (Yukinooh / Abomasnow). Or, like it says on Feraligatr's Bulbapedia page it could stand for "王 ō (king), 皇 ō (emperor), or 大 ō (large)". Basically, it's big and powerful.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links