The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
"Highest Stat - Attack" Challenge Update (Hoenn - Emerald)
Summary:
Spoiler:

Nothing like moving into a new town. Littleroot? Seems like a quiet place to call home, for now. Met the neighbors already. They have a daughter the same age as me! After a few introductions, I went off to explore Route 101 and I came across a man who later introduced himself as Professor Birch. He pleaded for help as he was getting chased by a Zigzagoon. Luckily, he allowed me to use one of these rare Hoenn Pokemon! A Mudkip, I think it's called. What's even better, I got to keep it!

Prof. Birch suggested I ask his daughter about what being a trainer is all about. Apparently, he lives in my (one and only) neighbor's house as well! In any case, I think I'll just head off and find May. Route 101's wild Pokemon are relatively easy fodder for my Mudkip, and so I train a bit before heading into a nearby town named "Oldale". A Pokemon Mart vendor directed me to a blue-topped building in the northeast section of town. He gave me a promotional Potion, which I gladly accepted, and explained its uses and where to buy them from (more specifically, from the Mart itself).

Route 103, which is north of Oldale, had slightly more powerful Pokemon, but still relatively easy to beat. May was out there, studying the Pokemon on that route. She decided to have a friendly little battle with me, and I won! She was rather impressed that I beat her despite being a "newbie". After returning to Littleroot, Prof. Birch entrusted me with a Pokedex, and May gave 5 Poke Balls to help me get started.

First thing on my agenda: catch a Poochyena. I've become quite interested in its behavior and would like to have one myself. (OOC: I know Mightyena isn't exactly the /strongest/ Dark-type, but a little variety doesn't hurt.) ... I found one! It's a pretty brave individual, if I do say so myself. ... Oh look, trainers! Let's battle! ... ... ... Well that wasn't much of a problem, plus I gained a few bucks from winning all those battles.

Petalburg...if I remember correctly, my dad is the Gym Leader of this town. Let's see if I can find the Gym...Sure enough, he IS the gym leader here, and he's quite impressed that I'm going to become a Trainer myself. Our talk is interrupted by a sickly boy by the name of Wally, who apparently wants his own Pokemon. Why he's asking Dad, I'll never know... Anyways, my dad gives Wally a Zigzagoon and a Poke Ball to catch a Pokemon (Gee, one ball? Better make it count...or get lucky). He runs into a Ralts, which I have actually never seen before. Quite the lucky one, Wally. Afterwards, we go back to my dad's Gym and Wally happily walks off with his new Pokemon in hand.

Norman (my dad) suggests I take the Hoenn League Challenge, to test my prowess as a trainer. (OOC: No problem, I've only done this several times...) I gladly agree, and he wishes me luck and hopes to see me soon (because after all, he IS the 5th gym leader). On the way out, I got stopped by this guy in a Hawaiian shirt and shades (OOC: Scott.) He says he's looking for talented Trainers, then leaves, thinking I'm not made out for what he has in mind. (OOC: I am more talented than you think.)

Team:
Spoiler:

Italicized - Boosted (nature), Underlined - Lowered (nature), Bolded - Attack stat

Mudkip - Level 5 -> 10 - Quirky Female
Base Stats - 50/70/50/50/50/40
Moves:

Poochyena - Level 2 -> 8 - Brave Male
Base Stats - 35/50/35/30/30/35

Bingo Card:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ckbruin; July 29th, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added Bingo Card
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Below Average Ruby single update.
Surprisingly, Illumise was my best, due it's decent Sp. Atk with a wide range on moves.

Bingo Sheet:
Spoiler:

Team (The average total is 426):
Spoiler:

I've already started Highest Stat - HP on Platinum, so far I have a Turtwig at level 14, and I'm using him until I can catch my first Pokemon, which will be Shellos at Valley Windworks.
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
facekeyboarding
我恨普通话

Nature: Relaxed
hey just posting because I can't do this challenge for a little bit. Really sorry, but I've had a family emergency and I'll be taking a break from PC for a while. I can't wait to come back to this though.

あかちゃん に ぜひ 、 のっ て み ましょ う ❆
f o l l o w ※ m e ❆
c h a l l e n g e s ❆
p o k e m o n ※ x ※ t e a m ❆
c u r r e n t ❆
t r a d e ※ s h o p ❆
p e e r ❆ m e n t o r i n g ❆

Old July 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by facekeyboarding View Post
hey just posting because I can't do this challenge for a little bit. Really sorry, but I've had a family emergency and I'll be taking a break from PC for a while. I can't wait to come back to this though.
There's no need to apologize. Family comes first, especially to Pokemon! I wish you and your family all the best with whatever hardships you are facing. I look forward for seeing your return to the challenge in the future.

CARD ARE IN

I will finish up a few other things tomorrow. I hope :/

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; July 29th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:26 AM
ElFuity

Thanks Fenneking

Username: ElFuity
Bingo Card: (It Is In The Participants, Sorry)
Current Challenge: Blasting Off Again (Johto)
Game: Silver

Last edited by ElFuity; July 30th, 2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Not Sure How To Make A Spoiler?
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Update: Had a couple hours, so I powered through the first challenge on my card.

Copycat challenge: Complete!
http://imgur.com/a/OnWnR#0
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
cystar
Favorite Pokemon is Politoed

thanks so much for giving me my bingo card! i am about to start it up!
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Blaziken42205

Thanks for the card!

Name: Blaziken42205

Current Challenge: Below-Average Challenge

Game: Fire Red

Planned Team:Butterfree, Graveler, Fearow, Haunter, Seadra, Magneton
Team Average - 421

Bingo Card:
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:19 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Another day, another challenge!
http://imgur.com/a/GBavg#0
^
Blasting off again! challenge on Blue complete.
Tomorrow I tackle the Elite Four Mashup challenge, again on Blue.
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:49 PM
ryuzakix7

Update #1 Rainbow Challenge for Heart Gold
Bingo Sheet
Spoiler:

Johto and E4
Spoiler:

vs
- Gyarados vs Ampharos: Gyarados used Waterfall, Ampharos used Thunderbolt, Gyarados defeated.
- Ampharos vs Dragonite1: Dragonite used Outrage, Ampharos defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Dragonite1: Dragonite used Outrage, Feraligatr used Ice Fan and freezed Dragontie, Feraligatr used Ice Fang, Dragonite defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Dragonite2: Dragonite used Dragon Rush, Feraligatr defeated.
- Nidoking vs Dragonite2: Dragonite used Dragon Rush but failed, Nidoking used Avalanche, Dragonite used Dragon Rush, Nidoking used Avalanche, Dragonite defeated.
- Nidoking vs Dragonite3: Dragonite used Dragon Rush, Nidoking defeated.
- Victreebel vs Dragonite3: Draonite used Blizzard but failed, Victreebel used Sleep Powder, come on Scizor.
- Scizor vs Dragonite3: Dragonite fast asleep, Scizor used Sword Dance, Dragonite wake up and used Dragon Rush, Scizor used Sword Dance, Dragonite used Dragon Rush, Scizor used Sword Dance, Scizor used Bullet Punch.
- Scizor vs Charizard: Scizor used Bullet Punch, Charizard used Air Slash Critical Hit, Scizor defeated.
- Victreebel vs Charizard: Lance used Full Restore, Victreebel used Sleep Powder but failed, come on Slowbro.
- Slowbro vs Charizard: Charizard used Air Slash, Slowbro used Surf, Charizard used Air Slash, I used Hyper Potion on Slowbro, Lance used Full Restore, Slowbro used Surf, Lance used Full Restore, Slowbro used Surf, Slowbro used Surf, Charizard defeated.
-Slowbro vs Aerodactyl: Aerodactyl used Crunch, Slowbro used Surf, Aerodactyl defeated.

Final Team
Spoiler:

Feraligatr ♂ Impish Lv.46 @Muscle Band
Torrent
146/125/118/78/86/85
-Ice Fang -Crunch -Waterfall -Swords Dance

Nidoking ♂ Jolly Lv.46 @Choice Scarf
Poison Point
143/120/91/81/86/101
-Double Kick -Earthquake -Toxic Spikes -Avalanche

Slowbro ♀ Modest Lv.46 @Quick Claw
Own Tempo
155/78/121/134/82/49
-Surf -Confusion -Ice Beam -Flamethrower

Scizor ♀ Jolly Lv.46 @Life Orb
Technician
135/151/115/52/83/88
-Bullet Punch -X-Scissor -Swords Dance -Aerial Ace

Ampharos ♀ Modest Lv.46 @Choice Spec
Static
153/84/85/138/106/73
-Thunderbolt -Thunder Wave -Signal Beam -Focus Blast

Victreebel ♂ Timid Lv.46 @Amulet Coin
Chlorophyll
139/106/78/108/65/93
-Sleep Powder -Sludge Bomb -Sunny Day -Solarbeam
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Pokemagician

Due to being rather busy, I'm unfortunately going to have to withdraw myself from this challenge! I just can't commit to something so big at the moment, however, if things settle down, I would be more than happy to re sign up and start again! Thank you for your time!

Old August 1st, 2013, 02:51 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemagician View Post
Due to being rather busy, I'm unfortunately going to have to withdraw myself from this challenge! I just can't commit to something so big at the moment, however, if things settle down, I would be more than happy to re sign up and start again! Thank you for your time!
No worries
I will save the progress that you have already made, and whenever you are ready to start back up, you can just jump back in from where you left off.

Big announcement!

Complete Sydian's Event Challenge and you get a free bingo space cleared of your choice. This is a great opportunity to avoid a challenge that you are just dreading! Please note, you must complete the event challenge in the same region you are applying the free space. For instance, if I want to skip my Rock Monotype in Hoenn, I must complete the event challenge in Hoenn. Let me know if you have any questions. Again, I have been slow on updating cards, so this is my treat for all of you

Retrodex Sprites
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
ryuzakix7

Finished Rainbow Challenge for HeartGold
Bingo Sheet
Spoiler:

Kanto and Red
Spoiler:

vs
- Nidoking vs Pikachu: Nidoking used Earthquake, Pikachu defeated.
- Nidoking vs Lapras: Nidoking used Earthquake, Lapras used Blizzard, Nidoking defeated.
- Victreebel vs Lapras: Victreebel used Sleep Powder, Lapras fast asleep, Victreebel used Sunny Day, Lapras fast asleep, Victreebel used Solar Beam, Red used Full Restore, Victreebel used Solar beam, Victreebel used Solar Beam, Lapras used Psychic, Victreebel defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Lapras: Feraligatr used Waterfall, Lapras defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Venusaur: come on Scizor.
- Scizor vs Venusaur: Venusaur used Giga Drain, Venusaur used Sleep Powder but failed, Scizor used Sword Dance 3 Times xD xD, Scizor used Bullet Punch, Venusaur defeated.
- Scizor vs Charizard: Scizor used Bullet Punch Critical Hit!, Charizard used Flare Blitz, Scizor defeated.
- Slowbro vs Charizard: Red used Full Restore, Slowbro used Surf, Charizard defeated.
- Slowbro vs Snorlax: Snorlax used Crunch, Slowbro used Surf, Snorlax used Crunch, Slowbro defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Snorlax: Feraligatr used Sword Dance, Snorlax used Crunch, Feraligatr used Sword Dance, Snorlax used Crunch Critical Hit!, Feraligatr used Superpower, Snorlax defeated.
- Feraligatr vs Blastoise: Blastoise used Focus Blast but failed, Feraligatr used Superpower, Blastoise used Focus Blast, Feraligatr defeated.
- Ampharos vs Blastoise: Blastoise used Blizzard, Ampharos sued Thunderbolt, Blastoise defeated.

Final Team
Spoiler:

Feraligatr ♂ Impish Lv.65 @Muscle Band
Torrent
206/179/171/113/123/123
-Ice Fang -Superpower -Waterfall -Swords Dance

Nidoking ♂ Jolly Lv.65 @Choice Scarf
Poison Point
201/172/134/117/122/149
-Rock Climb -Earthquake -Poison Jab -Megahorn

Slowbro ♀ Modest Lv.65 @Choice Spec
Own Tempo
217/112/177/193/121/72
-Surf -Psychic -Ice Beam -Flamethrower

Scizor ♀ Jolly Lv.65 @Life Orb
Technician
188/218/173/77/119/133
-Bullet Punch -X-Scissor -Swords Dance -Aerial Ace

Ampharos ♀ Modest Lv.65 @Wise Glasses
Static
214/119/124/200/156/111
-Thunderbolt -Thunder Wave -Signal Beam -Focus Blast

Victreebel ♂ Timid Lv.65 @Focus Sash
Chlorophyll
195/154/122/155/93/139
-Sleep Powder -Sludge Bomb -Sunny Day -Solarbeam
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
★ Aura Draydoblade ★
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
This looks fun. I'd like a bingo card, please
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Matzeho1996

I really like this idea
Can I get a bingo card please?
One question: Why are Nuzlockes/Wedlockes not listed? They also could be a hard challenge
Thanks fenneking

There is a R/S Remake? Finally, but I don't wanna get spoiled about new things :D
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
cystar
Favorite Pokemon is Politoed

Ok im about to start out on my BINGO card.
Leaf Green- Non Evolve Challenge
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
mason385

Nature: Jolly
Hey this is my first time posting, but this challenge looks great! Can i have a bingo card.
Please no special stat challenges? thank you
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason385 View Post
Hey this is my first time posting, but this challenge looks great! Can i have a bingo card.
Please no special stat challenges? thank you
Cards will be posted on Monday, 2 more days

Also, I can't guarantee you will not get a special stat challenge.

Retrodex Sprites
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
mason385

Nature: Jolly
ok! thats totally fine! Thank you so much for making this challenge!
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
★ Aura Draydoblade ★
Lucario's Sword

Thanks for telling me when I'm getting the cards. I was growing impatient, but now that I know when it'll be, I'll be fine.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRayquaza View Post
Thanks for telling me when I'm getting the cards. I was growing impatient, but now that I know when it'll be, I'll be fine.
Impatient already? It's only been one day :p

Retrodex Sprites
Old August 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
Ckbruin

"Highest Stat - Attack" Challenge Update #2
Region/Game: Hoenn/Emerald
In-game Time after Update: 3:12 hours
Total Badges: 1/8
Summary:
Spoiler:

Ah, a beachside! I'd love to stay, but I have to get moving...Rustboro City's through the Petalburg Forest. A Devon Researcher was asking if I had seen a Shroomish before when a pirate-cosplaying man showed up and started pestering the scientist. I told the wannabe pirate to back off, and he promptly challenged me to a battle. It was a cinch to beat this guy. He ran off, saying something about "messing with Team Aqua". I'm going to guess that's the gang he's part of. After that little altercation, the researcher gave his thanks and a Great Ball as well! Moving on...

A guy spitting seeds decided to give me a TM, which contained Bullet Seed. Not really sure if my Pokemon can learn that yet, however... I found a place known as the Pretty Petal Flower Shop, which is a place that focuses on growing and replanting Berries. They saw me as part-florist (although I'm not much of a nature-lover myself), and so they gave me a Wailmer Pail. Good for watering Berries, I guess. ... I battled a girl who had a Shroomish on her team. Boy, would I like one of those...

Finally reached Rustboro! Gotta say, the buildings are rather...a metallic sort of bland. Went to the Trainers' School to try and see if I could salvage some more tips about battling. Unfortunately, my knowledge of battling is just as good as, if not better than, what the school offers. The teacher did give me a Quick Claw, which was very nice of him. I also came across a guy who had his Pokemon cut trees down with HM01. He was happy to give me it (or was it a copy?). I encountered a guy who wanted to trade a Ralts for his Seedot. I don't have a Ralts, and I really want that Seedot, too... (OOC: I think a Shiftry would be a good member for my team.)

After spending about an hour looking through Route 102 for a Ralts (because that's where Wally found his), I found one! Time to see if he will accept this guy... ... On the way back to Rustboro, I found a Shroomish, as well! I caught the Mushroom Pokemon, and, to be honest, I want to see what this guy evolves into (or if it can--it should, right?). ... ... Kobe (the guy who wanted the trade) accepted the Ralts, and gave me his Seedot named "Dots". Hmm, interesting name. I like it.

After a few training sessions, I decide to finally take on Rustboro's Gym. Its leader is Roxanne, and judging from her name, I'm going to guess she'll use Rock-types. No problem for my Mudkip and Shroomish! And sure enough, the Gym Trainers as well as Roxanne all use Rock-types. Mostly Geodude. Cause you know, that's cool and all. I come out victorious, and Roxanne hands over the Stone Badge, which slightly increases my Pokemon's Attack stat. On top of that, she gives me TM39, which is Rock Tomb.

While heading back to the Pokemon Center to heal up and move onwards, I swear I see the same pirate guy head off with...some mysterious goods of some sort. The Devon researcher I helped earlier comes out a few seconds later and pleads "Nooooooo not my goods!" or something along those lines. I guess I have to help this guy...again. First things first, though, I need to give my Pokemon some rest.

Team:
Spoiler:

Italicized - Boosted (nature), Underlined - Lowered (nature), Bolded - Attack stat

Mudkip - Level 10 -> 14 - Quirky Female
Base Stats - 50/70/50/50/50/40
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

Poochyena - Level 8 -> 11 - Brave Male
Base Stats - 35/50/35/30/30/35
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack

"Dots" the Seedot - Level 4 -> 11 - Relaxed Male (obtained via IGT)
Base Stats - 40/40/50/30/30/30 (going for Shiftry)
Moves: Bide, Harden, Growth

Shroomish - Level 5 -> 13 - Careful Male
Base Stats - 60/40/60/40/60/35 (going for Breloom)
Moves: Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Bingo Card:
Spoiler:

Old August 4th, 2013, 04:26 AM
★ Aura Draydoblade ★
Lucario's Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
Impatient already? It's only been one day :p
Because I'm used to people doing this kind of stuff the next time they go online. I noticed you went online yesterday.
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM
drewbie411

May I please have a bingo sheet? This is my first challenge and I would like it to be easy. Thanks!
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:09 PM
darkwaters93
Ninja Vaporeon

Send a message via Skype™ to darkwaters93
May I please have a bingo sheet so I may participate?

Sponsored Links