Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 15th, 2013 (04:35 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Hells yeah! Let's get this show on the ro-hoad! Can't wait to get going :D

Oh, and... does each room has a kitchen or the like? Because I'm not really seeing any cafeteria or the like. Or do the students eat in the lounge area? Also, toilets. Are the only ones in the rooms, or do we just imagine that there are a couple spread through the school? Annnd finally, are we allowed to RP snagging up the goodie bag in the first/second post?

Very excited to get started!
art by Churaka
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:52 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Sir Bastian:
Hells yeah! Let's get this show on the ro-hoad! Can't wait to get going :D

Oh, and... does each room has a kitchen or the like? Because I'm not really seeing any cafeteria or the like. Or do the students eat in the lounge area? Also, toilets. Are the only ones in the rooms, or do we just imagine that there are a couple spread through the school? Annnd finally, are we allowed to RP snagging up the goodie bag in the first/second post?

Very excited to get started!
1. The Kitchen is in the lounge area, for all students .
2. I didn't really think about toilets... lmao. Use your ensuites and throw a random toilet somewhere if you are ever desperate.
3. Yep! Grabbing your stuff in your first or second post would be ideal.
Old July 15th, 2013 (05:00 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Sounds perfect! I'm gonna get my post up and running in a little bit! Whoo boy! Oh, and... the kitchen, is it stocked up by the staff? Or do the students have to head out every so often after school and shop for whatever they wanna make? And... I'm guessing you only make food for yourself?

*Continues throwing all kinds of questions at Swift* At this point, you might as well make me co-GM so I can help sort things out XD ( Seriously though, if you still need someone to help you out with that, like details and such, I'm up for it! )
art by Churaka
Old July 15th, 2013 (05:05 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Oh the RP is up? Cool, i'll work on my post right away.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old July 15th, 2013 (05:06 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Sir Bastian:
Sounds perfect! I'm gonna get my post up and running in a little bit! Whoo boy! Oh, and... the kitchen, is it stocked up by the staff? Or do the students have to head out every so often after school and shop for whatever they wanna make? And... I'm guessing you only make food for yourself?

*Continues throwing all kinds of questions at Swift* At this point, you might as well make me co-GM so I can help sort things out XD ( Seriously though, if you still need someone to help you out with that, like details and such, I'm up for it! )

Consider it stocked up by staff there will be some chances for students to leave the school grounds but it is easier if they stay put. Make your own food or elect a chef I suppose! XD

I may need a hand formulating lessons and events. If anyone out there has any ideas they would like to put forward I will happily discuss and implement some of those .
Old July 15th, 2013 (05:55 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Aww yeah! Better go to work making my first post. This is going to be legen ... (wait for it) ... dary! xD

But in all seriousness, this is going to be awesome. I've never been this excited about a RP before!
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Been testing out a nice format I am gonna use. Gonna begin drafting my post right now. Ah, the tingly exciting feeling whenever a new RP starts. Gotta love it!

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old July 15th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Progress complete. I know almost nothing about Britain.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 15th, 2013 (07:50 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Cirrus - Very interesting SU. I really like your character, but I am worried about the power... slightly.

I reckon that as long as his deductions are focused on objects and events, rather than the other characters, then it'll be fine. Of course, if you were to VM someone and discuss what he could work out about them then that would be perfectly fine.

We may have to keep the reigns tight, but you are accepted.

One query though - how does he manage socially? Does he spend a lot of the time analysing/assessing people rather than emotionally connect, are his predictions based on a person's emotions less likely to be accurate? etc. Curious XD.

EDIT: Which room do you want!
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:13 AM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Cirrus.
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Emotions are hard to analyze though - this isn't a mindreading type of ability, so (like every other human on Earth) he can only analyze by reading body language, vocal tone, and other clues. It's possible for him to make pretty solid assumptions - for example, if he sees that someone has recently suffered a major accident, that person might be reasonably angry or dejected - but an emotion in itself is not a piece of knowledge that can be easily deduced via simple initialization unless a -lot- of other pieces of information are in place. (So even though there's a 99+% chance of the prediction's correctness, the prediction itself might be something like "this person is likely feeling [x/y/z emotions]".) The realm of the ability is more like "judging from your stance, the appearance of your hands, and the faint smell of formaldehyde, you're a redecorator", except it's magnified to an extreme and the number of details needed is significantly fewer compared to what the standard employment of logic requires.

Yeah, there's personality section so I didn't put that part in - but he tries not to overanalyze closer acquaintances (or rather, doesn't reveal it at all even when he does) because he's realized from experience that the foundation of relationships is mutual interaction ... not one-sided absorbance of information. He's very good at starting conversations, though! By casually employing the ability he's able to tell (at the risk of sounding like a stalker?!), say, what the person's hobbies are or what they were doing last weekend, and carefully probe them on it, so it's actually somewhat useful in social settings as well.

Also I'll take room... I really appreciate your offer, EGKangaroo, but I want an upstairs room so I'll have to decline =(. I choose room 6!

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:43 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

I've gotten my first post... erh, posted! Feel free to interact with mister Matthias, as he's on his way to the 'living quarter' of the school! I'll take any and all interaction you'll throw my way :D You could even throw a VM my way and we could figure something out. Allons-y!
art by Churaka
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a receptionist? I'm worried about the first npc interaction
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
Is there a receptionist? I'm worried about the first npc interaction
Ms Fallcrest is acting as the receptionist she's a busy woman. XD Don't worry too much how you play her, imagine her as some kind of part-time mother.
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
*Whistles*
Well Marquis should be as easy to read as a child's picture book. Glad to have a roommate!

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:19 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

also, is Gilded Halls in a secret location? is it okay if we know about the continent it's on or is even that top secret!
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:22 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
also, is Gilded Halls in a secret location? is it okay if we know about the continent it's on or is even that top secret!
Baha, I've tried to avoid this :X since the cast is so international.

Technically, it is in England/The UK. However, that's pretty much just because of the vocabulary I am used to using.

It is relatively isolated so rural England.
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

oh yaaay no need for expensive plane tickets XD my character should walks there, he's already in the area.

edit: epik grammar.
Old July 15th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
Awesome, I only have to travel from Ireland! xD
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

Quote originally posted by Mac:
You should do au naturale. It's more realistic than magic pants. And yes, I know we're talking about shapeshifting and realism, but come on. Nudity is good for you.

Edit: Excellent bio Chili! I teared up reading it... omg it's so good.
This from the person with a beautiful girl for a character? Tsk tsk.

Haha, just kidding, I've watched too much TV and anime not to appreciate the humor of people being nekkid. I can't wait to (Hopefully) be a part of this happy group here so far, working on my SU right now.
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:05 AM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Colony.
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I would like to reserve a spot.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw where reservations are done. I will have an SU up within 48 hours.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:05 AM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Lord Sephear:
This from the person with a beautiful girl for a character? Tsk tsk.

Haha, just kidding, I've watched too much TV and anime not to appreciate the humor of people being nekkid. I can't wait to (Hopefully) be a part of this happy group here so far, working on my SU right now.
You know, I think she's got other reasons for wanting to see you nekkid than just 'for the sake of the RP' :x We've figured you out, missy!
art by Churaka
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

OMG, can there please be a spiral staircase for the dorms? or something grand like this:

A bit old-fashioned, but pretty!
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
Steadfast Heart of Gold

O.o Oh my, maybe I shouldn't make my character bashful around girls...may make life awkward for him if-wait what am I talking about? It's school, of course it will be awkward for a young man, ESPECIALLY for a guy bashful around girls at a school for extraordinary youngs-I mean kids with special powers beautiful female/closet pervert away Mac!

Man I hope there is a professor almost as awesome as Xavier...I also hope the lounge has lots of cheese.

Dangit guys, stop distracting me with your awesome! I need to finish my SU XD
It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

The professors are few and far between, the headmaster however... hopefully I'll be able to portrait him how I imagine it right now.

Good work so far guys! I am reading the IC thread as I see people are already arriving - yay! >120 posts?! Good lord have mercy on my thread.
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
Baha, I've tried to avoid this :X since the cast is so international.

Technically, it is in England/The UK. However, that's pretty much just because of the vocabulary I am used to using.

Wait, it's abroad then? *flails around and edits his post*

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)