Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old July 15th, 2013 (12:10 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Axeliira.
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
Spots available, you say? My SU is done, soooo yeah! Hopefully I am not missing anything, and I'm willing to make changes if needed~

Note: this is the first time I'm recycling a character, so it was hard to convert it from a Pokemon trainer to "girl with plant powers" lol

Spoiler:

Full Name: Selena Bravo

Appearance: Spunky, tough, and ready for anything that comes to her. Selena likes modern day clothing, from cut-up t-shirts, to jeans with bleached stains or ripped holes. Any t-shirt with a red heart as the design is always her favorite. In fact, her short, tight black t-shirt with an angelic heart picture is her favorite, along with her dark blue skinny jeans. This is usually what she wears on a daily basis. Black military-style boots are also her preferred shoes, and she wouldn’t leave the house without them.

Her natural hair color is dark brown, but currently she has it dyed lighter because it “reflects the sun”. She has a green streak in front, which is visible to the side. The length of her hair is a bit past the shoulders, and prefers to leave it loose rather than style it in a different manner. The length of her bangs cover most of her face, but leaves one eye out to see the world.

Physically, she is tall…about 5’7 at least. Weighing at around 125 pounds and has a pale white skin tone. She is athletic, keeping her body in shape by exercising. She is nicknamed “Plant” because of her emerald green eyes and soon, her unusual ability.

History: Selena was born in Madrid, Spain, and was immigrated to Mexicali, Baja California Mexico when she was just 10 years old. She is an only child and her parents were just 18 and attending University when she was born. Today, her parents are both doctors in Spain, and as they decided to give Selena a better life, they decided to send her off to live with her grandparents, who are also medical workers. Her grandparents couldn’t afford to put Selena in a private school to get a better education, in hopes of her becoming a nurse or a doctor. She stayed in public school for most of her childhood. She was gratefully exposed to music, and plants, and had her sight set on becoming a Botanist when she grows up.

When she was 13 years old and starting her third year of high school (equivalent to Junior High/Middle School in the US), she began to notice something odd to her body. She thought that she might be going through a puberty stage at first, but she noticed that she was getting so many headaches when she was inside the classroom for a long period of time. She also realized that she wasn't drinking as much water. Selena went to the clinic to see what was going on, and the doctor diagnosed her with dehydration. She was now required to go outside for a certain period and to drink two liters of water a day. But the condition never went away, and felt that it was something more severe.

One lunch day, she encountered a female bully who wanted to fight her. The bully kept calling her names, telling her that she was ugly and didn't deserve to live in the world. Until her temper rose to her limit, she decided to fight her. One punch of poison from her arms was delivered from her hot-tempered body. She also noticed that her wrists had vines coming out, stretchable enough to strangle the girl. The whole student body were frightened at Selena, and after that fateful day she decided to not show up to school again. Her grandparents agreed, and decided to homeschool her.

She wasn't aware of what has happened to her. In every plant she got near, depending on her mood, she would either revive it or kill it. She can grow trees in less than 10 seconds, plants and flower beds in less than a minute. She even has the ability to revive dead plants. But, in connection to her dehydration problems, she realized that she was a “human plant” unaware of where or whom she retrieved it from.

Now at 16, and finally has the capability of a college/high school student, her grandparents gave her a brochure of Glided Halls, a boarding school in England. They commented that her parents live several miles from the school and they felt that it was time to send her back to Europe. As much as she didn't want to go to school in Mexicali ever again, she accepts the offer. What Selena was unaware, that her grandparents are sending her to a school for teenagers at or around the same age as her with unusual abilities and gifts. They knew that she had the capability to control landscaping, but they didn't want to make it seem obnoxious.

Ability name: Plant Manipulation
Explanation: Selena has the ability to control anything that grows in the ground. Plants, flowers, trees, fruits and vegetables, etc. If it has roots, she will make it grow. She also has the ability to sprout a vine from both of her wrists, whether she needs to reach something far, or just because. But, her friendly vines can turn poisonous if she's in a bad mood, and those vines can sometimes be lethal if the person infected isn't treated promptly. Selena tries her best to control her mood as much as possible, as since the day she was bullied in high school, she couldn't control her anger at all.
Limitations: 
~must acquire at least 7-8 hours of sunlight
~must drink up to 4 liters of water a day
~If in a bad mood, her plants will turn poisonous and will attack anyone at random. These bursts of anger cannot be uncontrolled until Selena makes contact with a human being.
~vines can only stretch from her wrists to her feet if dehydrated.

Room Number: whichever available is okay!

Old July 15th, 2013 (12:19 PM).
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
whichever available is okay!
Riley still doesn't have a roommate. :3

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old July 15th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If we include Selena, the female-to-male ratio is 3:10. js. to yuma js.
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:52 PM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I gotta ask. Do -we- know that this school is for 'special' kids? 'Cause according to the OOC sign-up thingie, it said 'but you will soon find out', so I figured that the letter didn't mention anything about the kids being special, but rather just seemed like a regular letter. So Swift, which is it? :o
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:56 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by Sir Bastian:
I gotta ask. Do -we- know that this school is for 'special' kids? 'Cause according to the OOC sign-up thingie, it said 'but you will soon find out', so I figured that the letter didn't mention anything about the kids being special, but rather just seemed like a regular letter. So Swift, which is it? :o
Students can know they have powers, but they don't know that the school is exclusively for /special/ kids, yes.

Little do the male-owners know that there is a secret sex-change lab under the dormitory, MUHAHAHAHAHA.
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
Students can know they have powers, but they don't know that the school is exclusively for /special/ kids, yes.

Little do the male-owners know that there is a secret sex-change lab under the dormitory, MUHAHAHAHAHA.
That's what I thought, thanks :D Matthias is gonna be in for a surprise sooner rather than later!

Sorry, there's no female version of the name Matthias, I can't go into the program
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
@Meganium90: Man, I hope you know where that picture for Selena is from. /softcough (actually I am a little surprised to see it, but presumably you didn't get it by searching its actual context... OR MAYBE YOU DID IDK)

Also yes, the gender imbalance is pretty heavy. I would've signed up as a female character, but you know, I can't don't want to play female characters all the time! (Though finding a picture becomes exponentially easier since everybody on pixiv draws female characters but only a few draw non-androgynous non-trap-esque male characters.)

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:05 PM).
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Awh, if I knew you guys wanted more girls, I'd have signed up with a female character. Gosh darnit
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Would it be possible to expand on a character's specific ability later in the RP? Like, the character discovers a new way to use their ability?

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
I usually 50/50 my characters between males and females, but I wanted to give a male character the chance this time. Also, Riley is a recycled character, and I am not gonna gender bender him, because that would be silly! *falls down through the gender bender lab trap doors*

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old July 15th, 2013 (01:14 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Do/would ships happen in this RP? That's the context i was thinking about the m/f ratio
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:15 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Full name: William Valerius Coenen (Pernounced Kur-nen, it's German )

Appearance: (Anybody who has seen more than 1 of my SUs for any reason should be prepared for this, I'm not very creative when it comes to the body of a person I make, usually loosely based on myself, but better and fitting any unique talents they have.)
Liam is tall and thin, standing at 6'1 and weighing 155 pounds despite being thin and without much if any muscle definition. He is pretty pale yet without freckles and has deep emerald green eyes (seen it already but oh well I was going to do it before I read all the other SUs anyways) with larger than average irises. His hair is naturally blond but due to not loving the desert sun nearly as much as the Californian sun it's faded from it's once perfectly-gold to a much duller blond, almost brown, but when the light reflects off of it it has a tint to it the makes it so one can tell he's blond anyways. His hair is always filled with long shallow curls that get more out of the control the longer it is so he usually keeps it just short enough that his bangs won't poke his eyes. Liam's features are handsome but graceful in a masculine way, his looks and movements are regal, you could almost think he was descended from royalty if his personality didn't shatter that part of the image.

Liam isn't too picky about clothing, he usually wears regular denim blue jeans and a T-shirt, tending towards black and white shirts with unique graphics on them. He also has green and blue button-down plaid shirt, he loves plaid but (like most things) thinks it looks much better on women. His shoes are the only thing special about his attire, his casual shoes are a unique pair that fit very comfortably, have good traction, and look pretty nice with a white main body, black fabric, and crimson trim. He also has a very nice pair of black dress shoes for anything formal, he got both his pairs of shoes from a great great uncle who still lives in Germany.

History: Liam was born in a medium sized town in California and lived in a quiet neighborhood cut off from the ridiculousness of the rest of the state when he was younger. From the moment he was moving around he seemed to have great clarity and precision, stacking his blocks almost perfectly aligned to each other, for a while his parents were worried he was obsessively compulsive but his early actions turned out to be caused by a much stranger aspect. Liam continued to do things impressively well, once when he was too young to understand hurting other creatures he threw a rock and bullseyed a pigeon right out of the air, his mom was horrified and made him help her nurse it back to health, which greatly colored his appreciation for the sanctity of life. His early life was normal and uneventful until the immigration boom in California got out of hand and his father was laid off in favor of men who would work for 4$ an hour and he couldn't find another job. Eventually the family moved to a tiny town in the Mojave desert when an old acquaintance who needed work done on his house hired Liam's father to help out.

The town was rumored to be part of a great school system, but it wasn't very long before they found out that just wasn't the case. The school only had a few employees who actually gave a damn about their students, NOT including the principal and early on Liam was bullied, it didn't help matters that he was bitter about moving at first. He almost got expelled when his main bully pushed him, he ignored the thoughts swirling through his head about how much he'd like to knock the guy in the face and when he went to push him back his hands went higher and WAY faster than he expected. He ended up hitting the bully right in the adams apple. He was made to begrudgingly offer the bully his apologies and everything continued on for a while, he tried to do well but Liam never seemed to be able to focus on anything unless it interested him, there were times when he literally stared at a teacher's face and board for a whole lesson, and still didn't absorb any knowledge from it all. The only physical activity that Liam really enjoyed was swimming, and since it was so hot outside any time of the year but winter he became a lot less playful and spent most of his time reading books or playing videogames.

Despite his focus problems Liam always seemed to do wonderfully at anything he focused if it didn't require too much physical exertion at a time, he always aced assignments in English class and he could pitch and hit with near perfect accuracy in Baseball, but he did much better at pitching because he wasn't all that good at running with how much less exercise he got than when he was a kid. One day the school's drama club went on a trip to a much bigger school in Las Vegas for a collaboration, while they were there Liam got the chance to practice at an archery range. He quickly found that as long as he visualized what he wanted before releasing, every arrow he launched hit the target perfectly, even from distances where regardless of his skill the bow shouldn't have been capable of precision, little did he know just who was watching that day. Liam's life continued to be boring for quite a bit longer, his friends were all busy more often than him and he never had any luck in romance because he couldn't seem to talk to a girl unless it was casual. There were multiple times Liam found out that a girl he was friends with HAD liked him and would have gone out with him...after she was already with somebody else or they were in each other's respective friend zones. So nothing really happened until Liam got his letter from Gilded Halls, he was ecstatic, he would really miss his friends and his parents but that town was a pit of stagnation, and he relished an opportunity to get out. It only sweetened the deal that the school was in England, Liam had always wanted to visit other countries, particularly England, Germany, Scotland, Ireland and Italy. As soon as his parents verified Gilded Halls was a legitimate educational establishment they arranged for him to get there.

Ability name: Marksman's Precision

Explanation: Liam has amazing eyesight, he always seems to see every detail of what he's looking at and when something is far away it's almost as if he could zoom in his own vision and see it as if it were much closer. He's not exactly sure if they're related but he also has really good reflexes, can keep his hands perfectly still if he wants, and can hold his breath for a long time with no physical conditioning. He has the potential to one day make his arms move extremely fast and possibly even improve his sight if it's more than just good eyes.

Limitations: Liam doesn't really have any limitations as of yet so to speak, he just can't do all that much yet, the main drawback to his eyesight as that when he is focused on one object it greatly reduces his peripheral vision and he has a hard time focusing on more than one thing so far, he practices a lot to try to improve on it. And of course the harder he looks at something the more sensitive his eyes became, making a stray ray of light across a mirror for instance dangerous to his vision.

Room Number: 1
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Quote originally posted by Cirrus:
@Meganium90: Man, I hope you know where that picture for Selena is from. /softcough (actually I am a little surprised to see it, but presumably you didn't get it by searching its actual context... OR MAYBE YOU DID IDK)
I found that image on Safebooru under the brunette category. Like I said, it's a recycled character and this character's been in my skydrive and I've been wanting to use her in a roleplay until now. It was just.. there and I got it. should i be worried...?

If all possible, I can just go ahead and gender swap Selena, just so I could balance the ratio. lol

Old July 15th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

No way, we need more girls not less =D Especially if they're played by real girls, sadly I can't help with the ratio, I only RP guys because I don't feel I understand the mind of a girl well enough for it hehe, and most of my characters are fantastical twists of myself.

Btw Meganium, wanna be roomies? It would be hilarious =D If not I totally call dibs on room 2 with Riley, I have a long running joke about 'Level 2' And I'm sure Riley and William would get along well.

Also, just so everyone knows, I failed to find a place in my SU to note the detail that Will prefers nicknames to real names (Unless someone has a particularly cool/beautiful name) and he likes to be called Liam, Will, or Lee.
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Wow this OOC moves fast. x3 Still, can't wait for someone to interact with Alicea.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Oh, I see. I highly recommend the original tag when searching! There's nothing wrong with the character, it's just that she's Ichinose Kyou from Imitation Lover, which is a visual novel featuring ... OKAY LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT. (!!) Yui Sakakibara sung the OP for that VN, which is why I recognized her. It's from quite a few years back, though. haven't actually played it, but one of the three heroines is a yandere.

Also, I may genderswap my character. (It'll take a bit of work, though. Oh well. Is this okay?)

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

lmaooo okay. *phew* and yeah, I do that all the time when I search for pics. :D

Okay, Lord Sephear. I'll be your roommate. But seeing as we both haven't gotten the green light from Swifty yet, I'll wait for a little bit. xD

Old July 15th, 2013 (02:01 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

Megan you are now accepted! :D Welcome to the nut house.

Quote originally posted by Colony:
Would it be possible to expand on a character's specific ability later in the RP? Like, the character discovers a new way to use their ability?
Yes, certainly. I expect this will be true for the majority of students at the school (in some form or another).

Quote originally posted by BlahISuck:
Do/would ships happen in this RP? That's the context i was thinking about the m/f ratio
THEY BETTER BE HAPPENING. Just a warning, my characters tend to be bisexual (mainly because I can't pick for them ).

The ratio isn't tooo unbalanced now. When I open the second dorm it'll even out a bit, but yes Cirrus you are welcome to sex change if you wish.

Lord Sephear - to avoid making this post even longer I shall VM you shortly.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:07 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Yeah should be fun, I'm looking forward to it all, finally a chance to experience a GOOD school....even if it is vicariously through a fictional character...Oh well, should be nice, what with Selena's plant abilities and the fact that she's a woman I bet the dorm will smell great! A Plant man would probably smell a lot mustier and not so nice.

Yes sir Major Swift! Ohhhh that makes me wonder...hey maybe you should recruit your own army of soldiers and have the Swift Brigade 2.0!
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:47 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

Lord Sephear, you are in.

That's a full house people! Get posttttin.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Call me Sephy =D And also just one last question, is room 1 still empty or has that guy I saw pick it been accepted yet? Because it would be funny for Selena and Will to be in the same room but if not I'm not sure where to put him.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:54 PM).
Magic
キュウコン

Room 1 is now yours .

I will be posting for Jamie tomorrow :3 gosh this has happened so quickly :') 14 characters and an IC thread within a few days!
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:56 PM).
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
gosh this has happened so quickly :') 14 characters and an IC thread within a few days!
That's what happens when you make an awesome RP Swift that we just can't pass up! :D
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

My Sentiments exactly! And now, it's posting time!
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I missed so much today! So many posts to read n_n -- I just posted my first post in RPC yay! And welcome Megan and the others <33 so glad you've joined us. Peter, I hope you don't mind that I ninja'd you on the room arrival. I hope you don't mind an attractive older girl laid out on her bed asleep when you walk in!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links