The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?
Olivine City 3 50.00%
Mossdeep City 1 16.67%
Snowpoint City 1 16.67%
Driftveil City 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
can you change forms at will?

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
lauerolus

You can.

How I'm going to handle level appropriate onformswitch movesets is going to be a pain. It's the one thing that has made me want to have the "forms" be "evolutions".

Note that their custom abilities grant STAB/Weakness with a typing while active, Balloons!! grants Flying and Gnarly!! grants Water. Being hit 2 times( Balloons!! grants immunity to Ground, Gnarly!! to Water) changes your abillity to a effectless one, simulation balloons popping or falling off the surfboard.
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:13 AM
lauerolus

We have a demo! Linkage. Stick the audio folder inside the extracted game folder.

The demo is complete up to the end of Sable City(but not with the ending) and the end of Mount Moon(but not with the ending). Every Pokemon should have it changes in.

Any feedback on trainer difficulty , npc interaction, or anything else that strikes you is most welcome! Note that yes, the tilesets change almost everymap. I'm still swinging between just using basic GBA tiles or a custom one. Route 3/Sable City is what I'm leaning towards right now.

Credits.
Beta testing: Saving Raven did a huge amount of work cleaning up the early game for me. THANKS! His game, which I'm helping to beta. Linkage

Scripts: FL, Carmaniac, Pokemon Essentials

Pixel Art: To be super safe. If you notice your art here and are not listed please tell me. I've used a few compilations and you may not have been in their credits.
Spoiler:

UltimoSpriter from DeviantArt
Wesleyfg from DeviantArt and...here.
BoOmxBiG from Deviant Art
lightbulb15 from Deviant Art
tyranitardark from Deviant Art
Lark125 from PokeCommunity
Midnitez Remix from Deviant Art
LotusKing from Deviant Art
Zerudez from Deviant Art

Spoiler:
HS/SS
MAJOR CREDIT TO DEWITTY, PRINCE LEGANDARIO, KYMOTONIAN, zetavares852, ALUCUS & CALIS PROJECTS, ThunderDove, AND BULBAPEDIA.NET

To be supersafe
Spoiler:
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Dewitty
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Kymotonian
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
Seiyouh
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles

Last edited by lauerolus; August 25th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
lauerolus

You're all Terrible People for not playing my demo.

But, we have berry farming now! Helping your mom out on the farm will expanded it as well as the selection in the markets in various cities/towns. Mom's berries are just so good that they simulate the whole economy!

I just need to work out a way to randomize which berry type she wants and that'll be golden. Ha, random berries quest working!.

Meanwhile, work continues on Cerulean City + Bill's holdup. How would people feel about getting a badge not with a leader battle, but with a quest?

Last edited by lauerolus; August 27th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
sounds weird an unnecessary, why would you get a badge from a quest what would it be? it depends on what it is really

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 27th, 2013, 01:46 PM
lauerolus

Not wanting to give things away, yes there'd be a hard battle inside the quest. You'd also be working with the Gym Leader during it.
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:53 PM
lauerolus

Anyone play it at all?

While work continues on the game, let's have another Pokemon Mini-review. This episode with be on Furret, that cute little rodent that existed only to exist or be an HM Slave.

Code:
Abilities=THICKFAT,KEENEYE

BSTs: HP:80/ATK:80/DEF:80/SPD:105/SATK:80/SDEF:80

Moves=1,TACKLE,3,LEER,9,DEFENSECURL,13,ROLLOUT,17,TRICK,22,SWIFT,27,FEATHERDANCE,30,SLASH,33,FIREPUNCH,37,WORKUP,37,GRAVITY,40,TRIATTACK,44,AQUATAIL,49,ICEBEAM,49,LIGHTSCREEN,54,BATONPASS,54,AGILITY,59,DRAINPUNCH,63,MEGAKICK,69,RAINBOWSLAM(120 BP PHY MOVE, Type changes based on held plate)
What I've done is give it flat 80 in all of its BSTs save Speed, giving it 105 there. So it's still not a powerhouse, but it has decent bulk and workable attack stats.

"But lauerolus, flat 80s are crap!" Yes, they are kinda low. But Furret is a utility Pokemon, now learning Trick, Feather Dance, Light Screen, Gravity, Agility, Work Up and Baton Pass via level up. So, it's far from dead weight on your team with great support and Baton Passing late game with that speed. If you want to use it as an attacker, Work Up is there to let you take advantage of either attacking spectrum and/or pass it along.

Last, to help out it's average bulk and give it time to use team support or setup moves, Furrets can now have Thick Fat. Sentrets always look kinda pudgy right? Now you can switch it in on those attacks and help out your team. Grass Starters rejoice!

Once again, thank you for your time! Play the Demo.

Last edited by lauerolus; August 30th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old December 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM
lauerolus

Dead? Not yet bub. Working on thing upto third badge as you look at this.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
lucariomaster555

Nature: Calm
I like how you are dedicated even though barely anyone is posting this. I would like to play the demo, but I can't find it.
I have a few questions.
How many pokemon will there be?
Who are the starters?
Old December 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
lauerolus

This is the Demo. it goes upto the end of Mt. Moon+Sable City. It's way out of date because I've switch over to a speedless BST system and redone the movepools again. I'm not in a good spot to make a new demo sadly with a Gymless Vermilion city and a currently unreachable Dark town.

The number of Pokemon most likely to end up at 250-300 mark. All of Gen 1 with liberal sprinklings of Johto and less liberal sprinkling of everything else.

The starters are the standard Kanto ones. As soon as Route 3 you'll be able to catch a starter pokemon with another on Route 4 and a trade for one in Vermilion city.

Thanks for posting!

PS: For the curious, a list of Pokemon outside Gen 1 that are already included(as in catchable).
Spoiler:
BARBOACH
WOOPER
SKITTY
CORSOLA
SEEDOT
POOCHYENA
MURKROW
PANSAGE
TAILLOW
STARLY
PANSAGE
NINCADA
PINECO
HOOTHOOT
SURSKIT
LEDYBA
BUDEW
TEDDIURSA
DWEBBLE
BONSLY
MAREEP
DUCKLETT
WINGULL
JOLTIK
ROGGENROLA
ARON
WOOBAT
TRAPINCH
TYROGUE
SENTRET
ZIGZAGOON
GLIGAR
MAKUHITA
BELDUM
DUSKULL
TOTODILE
TURTWIG
COMBEE
DRILBUR
SNEASEL
SUNKERN
PHANPY
AIPOM

Last edited by lauerolus; December 3rd, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old December 4th, 2013, 06:16 AM
lauerolus

Time for another edition of "You ruined that Pokemon!" staring Ledian.

Ledian is a goddamned joke. 35 Attack, 55 Special Attack, and Iron Fist to power up Mach Punch. Just think of all the revenge kills Ledian can get with that powered up Mach Punch. Take that FEAR users!

Sarcasm aside, Ledian was a cool looking Pokemon who only useful option was screen support. Let's fix that.

HP/ATTACK/DEFENSE/SPEED/SPECIALATTACK/SPECIALDEFENSE

Ledian now learns a dizzying amount of punching moves to go with that new 100 Attack and Iron Fist, while retaining the team support option of Light Screen/Reflect. Hell, give it a little bit of substitute support and let it throw out boosted Focus Punches. It also retains above average Special Defense, retains low Defense to balance that out, and now has a very competitive 102 Base Speed.

Finally, it's now Bug/Fighting, so original, to better reflect its movepool. A lot of the standard Bug/Flying pokemon will have different secondary typings to reflect changes in their levelup movesets.

Given all of the above Ledian is no longer a joke, but hopefully also a balanced, attractive choice for your teams.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by lauerolus; December 4th, 2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:24 PM
lauerolus

Pretty simple, after the events in Vermillion City(and then beating Surge) you get a free ride on the SS Anne. Where should it go? Everywhere aside from Mossdeep offers a new typed gym to the game. Slateport City, with an official battle after meeting with, say, Norman could be an option also. That'd even let you see bratty versions of Brendan/May.

Otherwise slow progress. Do you like the pokemon reviews? They're fun to make, but I can see them as being a bit ranty which I can tone down.
Old January 19th, 2014, 05:41 PM
northrone

Ooh! Ooh! I saw this on reddit!

Looks great by the way! PM me if you need a hand with anything!

-thesuzerain
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
Dionysis05

Where's the download link I missed it :/

All in all, thank you for conceptualizing the game. I used to rely on modding roms to make pokemon more useful. Better abilities of course are best for pokemon with superior base stat totals and terrible abilities. Higher BST for terribly stat'd pokes. I personally like what you did with Furret, however some of the elemental attacks I think should be replaced with slightly weaker versions(give it access to TM versions of the original moves). <-- regardless I look forward to playing whether or not you change the movesets(as they are satill balanced by the lack of STAB).
Old June 24th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Thread reopened at lauerolus' request.

Last edited by Maruno; August 7th, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM
lauerolus

Seven Rockets.
Fifteen enemy Pokemon.
Three double battles in a row.

Are you a bad enough person to save Mr. Fuji and his Cubones?

===================================================================

So, Pokemon Rebalanced has been restarted! I've completed the storyline and eventing up to the end of the Pokemon Tower. That's four gyms, two caves, one ship, a Rocket base, and the Pokemon Tower. I've rebalanced all ~280 Pokemon currently in the game. A hundred new moves are in and slotted into movesets. Following Help14's Pokemon is in. FL's numerous awesome scripts are in. MAK1N0's EV/IV Screen is get.

I'm currently looking for beta tester or two to endure my terrible work so it can be polished. I've attached a document showcasing the some of the work of my only current Beta, Heaven Canceler The Great and Awesome, for the kind of feedback I'd be looking for. Otherwise I'm be updating the OP over the next few days.

http://www.filedropper.com/bugsormis...okemondarkred3
Heaven Canceler's hard work.

Last edited by lauerolus; August 8th, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:42 PM
lauerolus

Pokemon Rebalanced: A Tale of Two Tanks
Blastoise&Meganium

=====================================================

First up is Blastoise. With a Base HP of 95, combined with 105 in both base Defenses it has nothing to worry about in tanking non-super-effective attacks. Meganium has 110 base HP, a little higher then Blastoise, but only 100 Base defenses. So both are about equal mixed tank Pokemon. But the big differences are in the movepools, as we will see.

Blastoise's current movepool:

1,TACKLE,1,TAILWHIP,3,AQUARING,7,WATERGUN,11,WITHDRAW,15,BITE,19,WATERPULSE,
23,MIRRORCOAT,27,RAPIDSPIN,31,WATERPLEDGE,35,REFRESH,35,DRAGONPULSE,
39,AURASPHERE,43,FLASHCANNON,47,COUNTER,51,TIDALWAVE,55,BODYSLAM,
55,ZAPCANNON,55,YAWN,59,DARKPULSE,63,HYDROPUMP

A quick scan will show that it has mostly Special Attack moves, to go with its Base 90 Special attack. But the big thing is the lack of support moves. Blastoise's role isn't to be here and make its wimpy teammates feel safe, it's to be on the front line boosting itself with Aqua Ring/Withdraw and predicting what the opponent will throw at it with Counter/Mirror Coat. It has good coverage, a bit of status infliction with Yawn/Bodyslam and able to troll with Zap Cannon.

Meganium's current movepool:
1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,3,LEECHSEED,7,VINEWHIP,11,POISONPOWDER, 15,SHIMMERGRASS(45BP SPECIAL GRASS MOVE), 19,REFLECT,23,AROMATHERAPY,27,GIGADRAIN, 31,HEALPULSE,35,LIGHTSCREEN,35,BODYSLAM,39,SYNTHESIS,43,GRASSWHISTLE,
47,GRASSPLEDGE,51,REVERSAL,55,SAFEGUARD,59,SOLARBEAM

A quick scan reveal a lack of attacking moves. It seems Meganium will be relying on it's Grass STAB quite a lot. What it doesn't lack is team support. Reflect, Light Screen, Aromatherapy and Heal Pulse are all great moves and doubly useful when you take into consideration several key battles are double battles. Meganium is the opposite of Blastoise, there to make your frail attacking Pokemon feel safe enough to do their jobs while keeping them healthy and status free.

It also has good status infliction with Poison Powder(Upgraded to Toxic later), Grass Whistle(which is now 85% accurate), and Body Slam.

To end this tl:dr page I'll just say this, there are many ways to have a Pokemon fulfill a role and even as I standardize them somewhat I hope to keep each Pokemon a unique as possible. Thanks for reading and comment as much as you want too!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links