• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAN

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
S0bUZ5F.jpg

Let us discuss this new cartoon. Those Kenji Nakamura colours. That Taka Iwasaki OST. A half naked loli. Muh henshin heroes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I'm still surprised by just how incredibly different this show is from the others. It looks amazing, but I would have enjoyed something more akin to an artistic and updated take on the original than something that looks like it just had the Gatchaman name slapped on it for popular appeal.

That gripe aside, yeah, this is a pretty killer show based on that first episode alone. (though I will say that I am not terribly fond of Hajime)

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Indeed, it most certainly isn't a Yamato (2012) type release, it is a total reimagination. Saw that coming with those staff though.

Years
I watched this, I feared I would hate it (since I was obsessed with the original when I was younger, and it's still one of the only shows I have a possibility of fangirling over if I'm in the right mood)--

...It wasn't actually that bad. Although if it weren't for the title, and the fact they were repeating the word "Gatchaman" or something similar every few minutes, I wouldn't have even guessed it was in the same universe. :( But, regardless. I'll give it a chance. Still not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I'll give it a chance.

(though I will say that I am not terribly fond of Hajime)
Seconding this. My god.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
I am a big fan of the original Gatchaman, to the point where I cosplayed as Ken recently. I kinda like the new series, but the old one is still better. I am hoping that the old characters make an appearance.

Tatsunoko is probably my favourite anime studio. Other series I like from them include Yatterman, Tekkaman, Time Bokan, and The Flying House, as well as their adaptations of Pinocchio and Cinderella.

Back