The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:25 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
I've been playing since I could read well enough to understand the games, so I started when I was 4. Which means I've been playing for 12 years. I stopped playing for a few months when Black and White came out because they didn't appeal to me all that much, but I eventually caved and started playing again. I don't even want to know how many hours I have invested into the series total O.o

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
When I was 5, Pokemon was really big at my school, so I wanted to play too. At that point, my brother and I started collecting cards, and my brother's friend lent me a gameboy and Pokemon Yellow. My brother soon after bought Emerald, so I bought Sapphire. Since then, I've been playing the games as they came out, after buying my DS that later broke into pieces. I don't collect too many cards anymore, mainly because I already have 1000+ cards.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
ps3smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
When I was 5, Pokemon was really big at my school, so I wanted to play too. At that point, my brother and I started collecting cards, and my brother's friend lent me a gameboy and Pokemon Yellow. My brother soon after bought Emerald, so I bought Sapphire. Since then, I've been playing the games as they came out, after buying my DS that later broke into pieces. I don't collect too many cards anymore, mainly because I already have 1000+ cards.
i miss the cards. I may start collecting again here soon. I hear the new set of cards has a beast deck.
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Littlecabbit

Nature: Quiet
I first got introduced to Pokemon through the anime, then after about a year I guess, I got a special Gameboy along with Yellow, This was about 99 I guess? anyway I've been playing them ever since
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Ever since I was old enough to pick up a game boy color. I remember me and my brother getting one each. I got blue, he got yellow, and my sister already had red. I chose Squirtle, she got Charmander.

It was a blast when we got the trade cable accessory, trading our hard worked on Pokemon back and forth to help each other advance in the game. Man were those the days. Not to many times like that between us anymore though .

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I first started Pokemon gaming in 2002 with Pokemon Silver, and it was just about one of the most magical experiences I've ever had when I beat Lance.

Old August 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

Nature: Calm
I started playing in 2010 when it was my sophomore year in high school. My parents didn't want me going broke for the franchise when I was little and they thought it was too violent for me (yeah, my parents were WAY overprotective) so I bought Pokemon Black on a school band trip and I've loved it ever since. I started a sort of ladder rank system for my school and I finished my senior year as the number 1 seed. I even earned the nickname "the popemon" (pope + pokemon) and was the go to guy for anything pokemon related. When I got into pokemon I got INTO pokemon. XD

I got a little off track there, but I've been playing for three years.
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
For my 8th birthday my dad got me Yellow Version and a yellow Gameboy Color that said Pokémon on it, had pictures of different Pokémon, and around the Power light was a Pokeball. I've been hooked ever since!
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Rentoray

Started playing when Emerald was out. That was about 8 year ago.

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Since 1999, baby!

First time I reached the Elite Four, Lorelei beat me so bad, I still haven't forgiven her for it. That's what you get for going in with the three mystical birds plus a few underleveled Pokémon. And I thought Dig was boss, because it killed everything. Oh boy, that was fun.

To everyone who started with at least Diamond and Pearl, trust me, you have it better. There were quite a few Pokémon in RBY that learned zero STAB moves. I believe it had to do with the limited cartridge space, but also because GF thought a few Pokémon like Scyther could be strong with only Normal-type moves. Except not. Since when did they have a good grasp of the metagame?

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I have started playing properly since 2012 when I had Pokemon White, although I did briefly play Pokemon Yellow and Pinball about 12 years ago, until my Game Boy Color stopped working. Don't know what happened during my absence of Pokemon playing. I must've lost interest or something like that.

Last edited by Boilurn; August 6th, 2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: correction
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
ps3smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I have started playing properly since 2012 when I had Pokemon White, although I did briefly play Pokemon Yellow and Pinball about 12 years ago, until my Game Boy Color stopped working. Don't know what happened during my absence of Pokemon playing. I must've lost interest or something like that.
consider it a vacation lol.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Elixir.
Fly Away

I played since Fire Red and Leaf Green were released in late 2004. They're still are some of my favorite games of all time.
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Insurgent

Nature: Bold
The role playing games were the last ones I got into - I couldn't play them until I saved up enough money to buy a gameboy and one of the games, and since I was a kid, it took me a couple years of doing craft fairs with my sisters. I was finally able to buy them when I was nine, so I've been playing for nine years.

For a long time before that, though, I played the Nintendo 64 games - my favorites were Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. I believe that I started playing those at age five, so I've been playing some kind of pokemon game for thirteen years.
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Rauzo
Daddy Fat Sax

I bought the Base Deck from the TCG at around 98'? And thought I was the king when my friend gave my all 3 of the original starters, along with a spare Machamp and Gyarados. On that Red flex yo, Blastoise was the one. My first video game was Gold in 2000ish, and I haven't looked back since then.
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
atomtanned

I started playing when R/B first came out in the US... I was 10 or 11 at the time (old lady over here). So I've been playing for 15-16 years! I haven't really taken a break, either, though I did slow down quite a bit starting in college. I wish I had more time to play. I started playing a bit more recently, though.

It's crazy how long it's been! I don't think (aside from other video games) I've stuck with any other hobby this long

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
ps3smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtanned View Post
I started playing when R/B first came out in the US... I was 10 or 11 at the time (old lady over here). So I've been playing for 15-16 years! I haven't really taken a break, either, though I did slow down quite a bit starting in college. I wish I had more time to play. I started playing a bit more recently, though.

It's crazy how long it's been! I don't think (aside from other video games) I've stuck with any other hobby this long
lol you are old? i turn 24 in a few days lol. i am the one that is old.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:26 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
I've been playing since Christmas Eve 1998.
I got red!
My starter was Charmander.

15 years later. . .
Still playing!

oh and I'm 28 now!
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I got Red, along with a Game Boy at 8 years old. I'll be turning 23 in November.
So 23 - 8 = 15 years playing Pokemon :D That's...a long time, and that does not include my hiatuses & stuff. I'm really glad to see that Pokemon has stuck with me ever since. I still have my Silver copy that I was gifted when I was 10. It should work now. ;3

My very first starter was Bulbasaur and it made my first playthrough of Red extremely easy.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
ps3smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
I got Red, along with a Game Boy at 8 years old. I'll be turning 23 in November.
So 23 - 8 = 15 years playing Pokemon :D That's...a long time, and that does not include my hiatuses & stuff. I'm really glad to see that Pokemon has stuck with me ever since. I still have my Silver copy that I was gifted when I was 10. It should work now. ;3

My very first starter was Bulbasaur and it made my first playthrough of Red extremely easy.
wow you are one of the first people ive met that chose Bulbasaur as a starter. Everyone around here (I live in TN) chose the other 2. the only reason we ever chose bulb was to trade him to our main games lol.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
I started with RBY of Gen I. Yes I had all three and yes I played them all through to the end. So I've been playing since Pokemon was released.

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old August 29th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Stokesma

Nature: Mild
I've been playing Pokemon since 1999 when I received Pokemon Yellow (and a Gameboy Color!) as a gift. Ever since then I've been a fan of Pokemon games!
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
My dad gave me Pokémon Blue as a Christmas present back when I was five, and I was a fan of the series ever since. My favorite game so far has gotta be Pokémon Emerald. According to my save file, I've spent a total of 548 hours playing this game. Haha. Pokémon Crystal is my favorite, too. I used to play it a lot when I was nine. I was completely addicted to it. Black and White are also my favorites. I love all the new features that they've introduced to us... maaaybe except the Dream World.
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
ps3smileyface

I am suprised to see how many people have started at the beginning and stuck with it! that makes me feel better!
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

I've been playing since 2009, or 2010. So, about three or four years now. That's nothing when compared to some other people!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links