Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y Opinions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Do you like the going's on?
I love it! It is a fresh start! 97 71.32%
Yeah, I like it, it's cool. 25 18.38%
Umm... yeah, it's fine. 6 4.41%
2D was for better then THIS! 5 3.68%
Somebody bring me a vomit bag! 3 2.21%
You are murdering POKEMON! 0 0%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15th, 2013 (01:58 AM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Nakala Pri.
Banned

Nature: Naughty
As we have seen more and more Pokemon get released with their evolution's and such, it has become quite clear they wish to bring more light on the Pokemon's designs. But through all of this, do you like the designs, the graphics and the new characters? My opinion is that X/Y is so totally rocking it I might die from excitement! Despite my 'Too Much?' thread, which I now regret, I decided I shall embrace the graphics! :D

Spoiler:

Thanks!
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:32 AM).
Run! Run for it!
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I am actually really excitied for these games, even more so than any others over the past years, I'm loving the designs of the Pokémon and the 3D graphics are outstanding!
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:01 AM).
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

Nature: Jolly
I'm am excited for this one to hopefully they don't get my hopes up like the 4 Gen cuz I was really excited for that ok but they let me down with 4 Gen but I don't think they will with this one I got high hopes for this game lets see how awesome it will be lol

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:08 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

I am trembling each time a new trailer is released.
Never been so excited about a game before.
Still i am sure that they are going to screw something up because everything seems too good to be true.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:33 AM).

Everything about it looks really awesome, has there been any announcement on how the transfer from other gens are going to work? that's really the only thing I am concerned about.
Old July 15th, 2013 (05:58 AM).
Willpower

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I am actually really excitied for these games, even more so than any others over the past years, I'm loving the designs of the Pokémon and the 3D graphics are outstanding!
Ditto! Looks like Gamefreak has done it again, but even better than before! I predict my future self will enjoy this greatly! ;P

Pokémon has come a long way and it continues to improve with graphics and gameplay, it makes me wonder how much more they're going to do with Pokémon...
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:08 AM).
Silver Tier

Well, because I likely wont get this game or a 3Ds for a couple months I hope I get them for christmas. I hope they don't have many wifi events till after christmas and no more stupid dream world where you find weak pokemon would be awesome. To be honest I prefer the 4th and 5th gen graphic (Ow) but the battle graphics for this game makes me want to get it and a 3Ds. But I do think some of the evolutions look stupid like slyveon. My main concern is glitchs and if they have made this game cheat proof. If they did then thats awesome. I think it's unfair how mewtwo has a new form but not me. I don't like the desing to any of the starters but I might pick grass if I get a 3Ds because I rarely use grass. I bave a feeling that they are gonna screw up alittle and everyone wl complain. Honestly as long as it's playable I'd play it.

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:52 AM).
Lametrainer

Quote originally posted by Aaron40:
Everything about it looks really awesome, has there been any announcement on how the transfer from other gens are going to work? that's really the only thing I am concerned about.
No, not yet, announcements like these might come a bit later.
But I don't think it will be possible, because Pokémon like Gardevoir will get new typings & moves, which won't be compatible with previous games :/
Old July 15th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
Silver Tier

I kinda hope they dont allow transfer, this is just my opion tho.

Old July 15th, 2013 (08:14 AM).
Trubbish in the Classroom

Nature: Hasty
I'd be upset if we couldn't transfer. There'd be no way to catch every Pokemon anymore, and there aren't any events around here to get another Mew.

There'll be transfer, no worries. They learned their lesson after Gen 2-3.

Goals: Play with friends much more often, catch every Pokemon ever released, make my character resemble myself, breed excellent Pokemon and share with friends.

Old July 15th, 2013 (09:21 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by The Local Joke:
I'd be upset if we couldn't transfer. There'd be no way to catch every Pokemon anymore, and there aren't any events around here to get another Mew.

There'll be transfer, no worries. They learned their lesson after Gen 2-3.
But transefer is unfair for people who dont have past gen games. They should just add every pokemon in the game. Or atleast all the elementary and they did have events for b/w

Old July 15th, 2013 (01:41 PM).
Madara

Quote originally posted by Flamebot:
But transefer is unfair for people who dont have past gen games. They should just add every pokemon in the game. Or atleast all the elementary and they did have events for b/w
But not transfering will be unfair to people like me who took my time and money and effort to catch all 649 pokemon.

I've had my milotic since my sapphire version and if I can't transfer I'm gonna have a problem .
There are no compatibility issues , its not like your actually taking your pokemon from one game and sending it to a another right?
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I'm really excited about the games, and it seems like the only future release that is getting a lot of attention and hype.

Rewarding people who purchased their other games doesn't make it unfair. If you don't have the past gen games you cn still trade for whatever you want. Transfering just allows people to move their collections forward a generation, and locking one time events in older games would be upsetting for many.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:23 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by L0RD G3NGAR.
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by MrGriszell:
But not transfering will be unfair to people like me who took my time and money and effort to catch all 649 pokemon.

I've had my milotic since my sapphire version and if I can't transfer I'm gonna have a problem .
There are no compatibility issues , its not like your actually taking your pokemon from one game and sending it to a another right?
How did you catch all pokemon? You could only catch mew by cheating or really old events just like jarachi, Darkria, and shaymin. And you most likely didn't get all of those events. And people like me who didn't even know there were events durning some of the gens it is really unfair. I think only non legendaryl pokemon should be transfered if that

Quote originally posted by Keiran777:
I'm really excited about the games, and it seems like the only future release that is getting a lot of attention and hype.

Rewarding people who purchased their other games doesn't make it unfair. If you don't have the past gen games you cn still trade for whatever you want. Transfering just allows people to move their collections forward a generation, and locking one time events in older games would be upsetting for many.
Really? Hmm here is what happens, you goto the gts and try to trade for a jirachi and other legendarys and all people want is a level 1-10 legendary or 3rd evo and to get llegendarys that low you need to cheat, so it is unfair because you cant get things like that. It is just stupid. They should just allow people to trade non legendarys and minnor legendarys. This would be much more fair.

Old July 15th, 2013 (06:44 PM).

You had an event for Mew in Gen 3, you needed a ticket to go on the island and catch him in the tall grass.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:58 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
How did you catch all pokemon? You could only catch mew by cheating or really old events just like jarachi, Darkria, and shaymin. And you most likely didn't get all of those events. And people like me who didn't even know there were events durning some of the gens it is really unfair. I think only non legendaryl pokemon should be transfered if that

Really? Hmm here is what happens, you goto the gts and try to trade for a jirachi and other legendarys and all people want is a level 1-10 legendary or 3rd evo and to get llegendarys that low you need to cheat, so it is unfair because you cant get things like that. It is just stupid. They should just allow people to trade non legendarys and minnor legendarys. This would be much more fair.
Actually a fair number of Legendary Pokemon were released as events at low levels. Three are in game events as well.

They rerelease Event Pokemon every Generation or so. I have all of them except one from 4th Gen (that was released locally for me) since it was at a store I couldn't go to.
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:41 PM).

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well to be personal i don't like the idea of 3D's. The game looks ugly despite all the new features.
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I'm glad I got so many replies!

Personally, I think petting and hand feeding your Pokemon is what we need for the younger viewers. Pokemon are like better versions of pets for young children, so being able to feed them and smooch them and feed them is quite a good idea in my opinion.
Old July 16th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Actually a fair number of Legendary Pokemon were released as events at low levels. Three are in game events as well.

They rerelease Event Pokemon every Generation or so. I have all of them except one from 4th Gen (that was released locally for me) since it was at a store I couldn't go to.
Yes but my point was if you didnt have any of the older games or missed the events, it's rather unfair. Not everyone has wifi. This makes it so some people can't have a completed pokedex.

Old July 18th, 2013 (02:01 AM).
is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
Many of my complaints towards the older games are already being addressed. I'm really excited for all the upcoming changes.
Old July 18th, 2013 (06:57 AM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Sorry to spoil the party and oppose the majority of voters, but I still believe that 2d is better; but that's only in adventure mode, so I'm still excited to see what battles would be like in 3d. To be honest, I don't believe that the camera angles look good in 3d. You can't really see what's behind you, unlike left, right and ahead.
Old July 18th, 2013 (07:24 AM).
CS

I certainly love the way that Game Freak has gone with X and Y, just based on the preview videos and snapshots, and it's enough for me to convince me to get either one of the games. I really like how they're making attack animations look closer to the anime by changing the view to face towards the Pokémom while its attacking, and how it appears that the buildings will be much more scaled to that of a comparison between a person and a real building.
t
o
o
n

n
e
t
w
o
r
k

staff collab
april 2o15
Old July 18th, 2013 (07:45 AM).
Throw a blanket over it!

I'm really liking it so far, I think Fairy was an exception choice for a new type, the legendaries are looking pretty sweet so far, the designs are interesting, I like the biotic theme, the characters look nice and everything so far is great. I hope they keep it up! I'm, like, so excited to see every other Pokemon :D
Old July 18th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
I love the new style of graphics and am very glad we can finally play a main series Pokemon game on the 3DS. It's about time! They look lovely while still staying true to the original style of Pokemon. :)

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old July 19th, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
Yes but my point was if you didnt have any of the older games or missed the events, it's rather unfair. Not everyone has wifi. This makes it so some people can't have a completed pokedex.
Okay, so just because some people didn't get the past gen games we should all be punished and have to lose our collections? I've leveled up 12 of my Pokemon up to 100, no cheats nothing like that, but because a handful of people don't have wi-fi or didn't buy the past games I should lose them and the other 500+ Pokemon I have?

You cannot just say no transferring just because a handful of the players don't have wi-fi for event Pokemon or don't have the previous games. That is unfair. Don't have wi-fi for an event? Go to a ****ing Mcdonalds or some local place with free wi-fi and get it.

I wouldn't say it is unfair that some people don't have the older games or missed events, but, unfortunate. Events run for a rather decent amount of time and you can go buy previous generations or do a little bit of trading. It's unfortunate, not unfair.

Sponsored Links