Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page "In Technology News..."

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old July 16th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
only love can set you free
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Brave
There are news websites out there that have their own "technology" section where you can get your quick news fix on what's happening in today's technology world. Aside from that, you also have websites such as The Verge, Engadget, and CNet that gives you behind-the-scenes look at upcoming devices and first looks at what's coming up. During events such as CES or Apple's Keynote are widely covered by many of these websites. There's also technology news podcasts that also count as getting your news too.

Where do you get your daily news fix on technology? If possible, what do you follow mostly? Computer news? Mobile? The latest in tech?
Old July 17th, 2013 (06:07 AM).
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Jolly
I usually get my tech news from the tech podcast, Tech News Today, which uses a multitude of sources such as The Verge, Engadget, TechCrunch, AllThingsD, CNET, ZDNet, etc.. since I'm not very selective on where I get tech news from, I usually watch the show to be in-the-know on the latest tech news, and I say they do a pretty good job at it.

And they link to their sources as well when reading them so you could get a full version of the stories they showcase on the podcast.
Old July 19th, 2013 (06:53 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
http://slashdot.org/

Love that URL. The quality is very hit-and-miss, though.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old July 19th, 2013 (07:32 PM).
Yep, that's me
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
I use my local news website and they have a awesome tech reporter.

BBC is has a good tech section, and best of all is cNet. These three sites are the main ones I use.

Also forums that share news about the tech world.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old July 20th, 2013 (06:05 AM).
a.k.a: ethan.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
I use Gizmodo AU. It's not perfect, but I like the layout (of the Australian site - the US one is horrible) and the two sister sites, Kotaku and Lifehacker are pretty handy, so I like having them all linked (same account, links to relevant articles across the network).

While I don't use it often, the Verge gets major points for beautiful design and polish.
Old July 20th, 2013 (07:58 AM).
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
I like to use sites Kotaku, Lifehacker, and Gizmodo. I especially like all the tips and tricks for my electronics I get from Lifehacker.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links