Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page Origins (OOC)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 10th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
I am under the impression its Game, forgive me if I am wrong.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old August 11th, 2013 (10:30 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Cosmic Fury:
So, before I go off and catch another Pokemon, is this situation going to be Larvesta only or with other Pokemon my character catches as well?
The communication thing? I don't think you have reason enough to be able to talk with other pokémon as well :x Larvesta is okay. Maybe you can spend some time with them and be able to talk with them in a few routes after their capture or so. Just because we say Adrian is unusually attentive to his pokémon's needs and behavior and can read them very well after only a short time. Or something?

Quote originally posted by Cirrus:
A quick question before I finish writing my post (apologies for the long delay, I only have one or two paragraphs left =<) - what geography are we following here, anime or games? Basically, how long does it take to get through the route, Mt. Moon, and so on?
I was thinking mostly games. The anime makes them have seeeeveral days to get through a single route and the RP would move so very slowly then.

I'll post with Bill soon enough!

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old August 11th, 2013 (11:44 PM).
Evil Overlord
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
That sounds feasible. He was pretty isolated as a kid, so he naturally would turn to Pokemon for company.

As for other catches though, I'll keep communication very limited at first, as a rule.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old August 14th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
dreaming a transient dream.

I posted! Yaaaaaaaay okay I actually suck I'm sorry guys that was 2 weeks =[ I'll post faster next time, I was the victim of my own procrastination. (also tiredness but it's still basically my fault so...)

I feel slightly awkward calling Bill Mr. Sonezaki instead of, uh, y'know, nihongo honorifics. Oh well, ENGLISH IT IS; it's not so bad.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:17 PM).
ModeratorCS

Masaki is his last name. Or family name or what you want to call it. Sonezaki is his first name... I think? Bulbapedia says Masaki Sonezaki, and I think they go with family-first right? I just stick Bill in there because it's easier and because it's what he's called in English.

So Masaki-san or Mr Masaki it would be xD

staff collab july 2015
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:25 PM). Edited August 14th, 2013 by Cirrus.

Well, typically yes - but only if the name is actually in Japanese reading order. Bulbapedia English-ified the name first, so that's not the case here. Sonezaki is his last name :O Masaki is a common first name in nihon, so. The kana for his name, ソネザキ マサキ, certainly seems to indicate this (especially since Sonezaki comes first). Since Pokémon games are always in kana, afaik, due to younger players, a kanji version isn't provided, but I'd expect it to be something like 曽根崎 正樹 (but you could write that first name a couple ways, really, even if you wanted to stay in the tree/wood theme for researcher dudes ... like, say, 松前 or 政木 are perfectly great ways to write Masaki as well.) There's nothing wrong with either Masaki-san or Sonezaki-san though, the former just indicates a higher level of familiarity.

(I was going to call him Sonezaki-san but ... WELL, NOW THAT I KNOW IT'S ACCEPTABLE BRB FUTURE HONORIFICS EVERYWHERE)

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 14th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
ModeratorCS

Indeed! Okay then, I'll fix that in his SU ;) Thanks for clarifying!

If I may ask, are you Japanese yourself?

Btw another thing, I don't understand either why Bill would make a campfire in the middle of the day just for lunch xD Maybe he's just not a great hiker, haha.

staff collab july 2015
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:49 PM).

No problem! No, I'm not Japanese; I just happen to know some stuff : o BUT I'LL LEARN IT SERIOUSLY ONE OF THESE DAYS. Completely off-topic, I spent like 15 minutes fiddling with my Japanese IME trying to find out why it didn't work, and fixed it eventually ... so there are also tentative kanji drafts of Bill's name there edited into my last post (or something).

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 15th, 2013 (11:32 PM).

When I said I will edit this later it was just grammar and spelling mainly because I was rushed for time and really tired so when I typed it I was not being so mindful of my grammar

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old August 15th, 2013 (11:33 PM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:
When I said I will edit this later it was just grammar and spelling mainly because I was rushed for time and really tired so when I typed it I was not being so mindful of my grammar
Okay, I see ^^ I'm contemplating letting Bill catch that Ekans but not sure...

staff collab july 2015
Old August 16th, 2013 (12:23 AM).

I would say go for the Ekan it's a snake! also Houndour cannot learn the move Sludge he can however learn the move sludge bomb

Old August 16th, 2013 (02:17 AM). Edited August 16th, 2013 by Apotheosis.
ModeratorCS

Sludge Bomb was a bit too powerful (though in RPing it's all about how you interpret and use it of course) and there's nothing that says I have to follow canon when choosing moves for pokémon here. One of the great things about forum RPing as opposed to playing a video game ;)

EDIT: everyone, Route 3 was mostly for you to get a feel for your character. When you feel like you've "adventured" enough on this route, have your character reach the pokémon center and tiiiiiny village at the entrance to the Mt. Moon cave! Either that or meet up with Bill, Luke and Lingwei on their hill but I'll move them along as well after our little snakefight is done methinks.

Soon enough, Bill will meet with the rest at the pokémon center and we'll have dinner together in some tavern and a chance to interact (either post-by-post or with a Joint Post!) and even battle with another player if someone feels like it. I can say that Bill will want to try and battle against someone to strengthen his bad trainer skills.

staff collab july 2015
Old August 16th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
I'm going through a huge family ordeal... I don't think i am going to post much, if at all for quite some time...

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old August 16th, 2013 (06:52 PM).

Hello, chuckles. I haven't seen you much around here. Welcome to PC, the RP corner, and other stuff, I dunno. Good to see you here, hope you stay for as long as possible, et cetera.

There's something that irks me with your writing; it is quite irritating once I attempt to decipher your post as a singular entity, because you are excessively miserly with your punctuation. This results in, of course, half your paragraphs becoming long, run-on sentences with multiple pieces of dialogue interspersed throughout. Where is the beloved comma, that slant which so effectively divides long trains of thought into coherent segments? Or the wonderful period, a dot with the power to cease even the most chaotic flow of speculation? Yes, I know you use some, but not nearly enough. We're not even going to get into where you should use question marks and exclamations, much less semicolons (though might I add that three exclamation marks do not a calm sentence make... one or two is typically sufficient).

Additionally, I know you want to get a post out as quickly as possible, but could you take ten minutes to edit it first? Dropping it into a word processor and verifying that everything is spelled correctly should take a maximum of 2 to 3 minutes for a post a few hundred words in length. Checking to see if it has any grammatical mistakes should take another 5 or so, which leaves ample time to review the rhythm and smoothness of the post as a whole. When these three actions are combined, the quality of your post is increased exponentially. I'm not really saying that you have to be perfect, but at least, y'know, show some semblance of trying. Mixing the word choice up a bit would be cool too; however, that's not as important as getting the basics down.

tl;dr: Fix your stuff, it's not that hard. I'm asking this as a personal favor. Think of the poor readers! With only some casual edits, you can get from this:
Spoiler:
Quote:
As Leeroy began to run through the rocky terrain he came to a halt by a tall boy around the age of 15 to 16 with closed eyes he had spiky brown hair he wore a green vest, which had four large pockets on the front. He wore it over an orange short-sleeved shirt, along with brown pants and blue and white sneakers. On either side of his belt, which was black with a gold rectangular buckle, he had attached brown belt pockets. "Hey, I saw you capture that Mankey back there it was funny to watch you and that Houndour scramble around the place trying to keep up with it" the mysterious boy said with a chuckle. "Yeah I can tell you I was not prepared for it to move that quick" Leeroy replied with a laugh "I see you must be a Pokemon Trainer, since you're running around and trying to catch Pokemon." "Yeah I am a Pokemon trainer, I am looking for a man named "Bill" he should be travelling with a group of kids have you seen him?" Leeroy asked politely "Yeah I have I think I passed them on the way back from Mount Moon they may be going into the Mountain to train I didn't really listen in on their conversation I was preoccupied do other things. If you are trying to get back to them that means you're going to challenge the Pewter City Gym right?" the boy said with a puzzled look "Yeah I am hoping I can challenge the Gym leader that's why I am training my pokemon out here." Leeroy replied "Well with a Fire Pokemon he might be a bit hard to defeat... Fire is not so good against Rock and Ground... oops look at the time I have to get back to Pewter City!" the boy said before sprinting off. "Hmmm he seem's familiar, well let's go Ace we need to get to Mount Moon before Bill and the others get away!!!" Leeroy told Ace

To this!
Spoiler:

Quote:
As Leeroy ran through the rocky terrain, he came to a halt by a tall boy around the age of 15 to 16 with closed eyes. The boy had spiky brown hair, and wore a green vest which had four large pockets on the front. Under it was an orange short-sleeved shirt, accompanied by brown pants and blue and white sneakers. On either side of his belt, which was black with a gold rectangular buckle, he had attached brown belt pockets.

"Hey, I saw you capture that Mankey back there. It was funny to watch you and that Houndour scramble around the place, trying to keep up with it." The mysterious boy said with a chuckle.

"Well, I can definitely tell you that I was not prepared for it to move that quickly." Leeroy replied with a laugh and a shrug.

"I see you must be a Pokemon Trainer, since you're running around and trying to catch Pokemon." The other boy smirked.

"Yes, I am a Pokemon trainer; I'm looking for a man named Bill. He should be traveling with a group of kids - have you seen him, by any chance?" Leeroy asked politely.

"Hmm. A man named Bill, eh? I think I passed a group like that on the way back from Mount Moon. They may be going into the mountain to train; I didn't really listen in on their conversation, since I was occupied with other things at the time. If you are trying to get back to them, that means you're going to challenge the Pewter City Gym, right?" The boy said with a puzzled look.

"Yeah, I want to challenge that Gym Leader eventually. That's why I'm training my Pokémon out here." Leeroy replied. "Though, the Gym Leader might be hard to defeat with a Fire Pokemon... Fire is not so good against Rock and Ground."

The conversation continued for a few more minutes until an alarm began to beep; Leeroy saw that it came from the other boy's watch. "Oops, look at the time! I have to get back to Pewter City." The boy said, as if on cue, before sprinting off.

"Hmm, he seems familiar somehow... Well, let's go Ace. We need to get to Mount Moon before Bill and the others get too far!" Leeroy told Ace.

Don't take this post as a personal affront; I hope the nature of this post wasn't too out of line or anything. I wrote it to facilitate better RP relations between us as a group! I want the RP to be an engaging experience for everybody, myself included, which ... yeah. Cirrus out.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 16th, 2013 (08:05 PM).

ok I see with speech being sperated thanks I will edit my posts to it. im kind of new to this and constructive criticism I endorse

edit: I think I have fixed it

Old August 16th, 2013 (08:25 PM).

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Re-read my previous post again. ._.;; And, the whole point of my post was to ask you to try editing your own post; copy-pasting my revision completely defeats that purpose. Please don't do that.

Try adding some correct capitalization and fixing your typos. Then, work on adding more commas and periods. Finally, break up your sentences correctly and add a liberal amount of transitioning words. It's a simple three-step process.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 16th, 2013 (09:00 PM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Ugh, I hate school T3T
Busy, busy, hella busy. And I don't want my LoA to be an excuse to fill up spots in RPs and ultimately not post in them so, yeah, I'll try to get a post up... Eventually.

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old August 17th, 2013 (03:42 AM).
ModeratorCS

@ EB - Are you still in? I kind of removed you from the players list because I thought you had dropped out. If you don't have much time to play, I'd actually prefer if you dropped out for a while and then came back and tried to join with either Caleb or a new trainer when you have time to participate actively. For the sake of a thriving RP :3 You're always welcome back~ When you have time, that is!

@ Cirrus & chuckleslucifer - I appreciate posts that are written with care and good punctuation, yeah! But I want to point out that I'm okay with chuckles writing in whatever style he feels comfortable with. As long as he tries his best. So I hope you want to take some of Cirrus' lessons to heart, but I don't want it to be tedious for you to post in this RP. Just do your best to make posts easily readable and spellchecked and such, and that'll be great and enough ^^

staff collab july 2015
Old August 17th, 2013 (04:10 AM). Edited August 17th, 2013 by Cirrus.

Hey! I see that chuckles has made some good changes to readability. Even though there are quite a few problems here and there, overall at least it's much more legible. Keep it up, and thanks for bearing with my commentary : o

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old August 17th, 2013 (10:11 PM).
Evil Overlord
Platinum Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
Alright, I finally posted the conclusion of the battle. Sorry I've not been able to participate as often lately.

However, I'll be doing my best to fix that problem.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old August 18th, 2013 (01:27 AM).
ModeratorCS

It's okay~

I think I've decided to not capture the Ekans. I have plans for Bill in Mt. Moon :3

staff collab july 2015
Old August 18th, 2013 (02:25 AM).

A few questions, in mount moon will there be a moon stone?
will team rocket make an appearance in this Roleplay because you said a group of pokemon snatchers

Quote originally posted by Bulbpedia:
Team Rocket (Japanese: ロケット団 Rocket-dan, literally Rocket Gang) is a villainous team in pursuit of evil and exploitation of Pokémon based in the Kanto and Johto regions with a small outpost in the Sevii Islands.
Quote:
AND EXPLOITATION OF POKEMANS!
Also is it okay that I bunnied a little with Brock because I wrote down what he looks like from the debut of the anime.

Are the cities the same as they look in the anime being really big and city like.

Anyone can bunny with me if they like.

Old August 18th, 2013 (03:35 AM).
ModeratorCS

In the closing evets of the Mt. Moon chapter, one of the trainers will get a Moon Stone! But they have to work hard for it, writing wise ^^ You'll see eventually.

Hm, I'd prefer if you didn't play the gym leaders. I want to play important NPCs, since they have places in the plot.

Yes, cities are big and anime-like.

"bunny with me" is a funny thing to say. You mean that we can control your character a little?

staff collab july 2015
Old August 18th, 2013 (03:42 AM).

Yeah, I just had a small chat with Brock that I don't think will change anything plotwise so yeah anyone can control my character for introductions to the group.

Old August 19th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
ModeratorCS

Probably not, no. I didn't realize that it was Brock first, haha, but then I did.

We have to wrap up the little Ekans episode~ Luke still battling? Then I'll give Bulbasaur and Sandshrew levels because they earned it.

staff collab july 2015
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)