The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Advertise here
How fast can you type? Can you type a tweet or a facebook status in less than a minute? 30 seconds? Do you look down at the keyboard as you type? Have you taken any keyboarding classes in the past?

To check how fast you type, you can go on this website. You can set the language, length of test (1 minute is recommended!) and the typing passage for your test. Click on "Start Test" and you can begin just as you start typing. When you're done, you can post a screenshot of your results or simply tell us how many WPM (words per minute) you got :D

My results:

Spoiler:
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Noka
Leader of the NSS!

Nature: Jolly

...-coughs- >>

Yeeeah...I've always been a sort of fast typer. Never look down at the keyboard...took maybe one typing class when I was super little?

(Made by Joobell)
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Properly could go a bit faster (82ish), but I am at work and just wanted to quickly try; I type quicker from memory than reading.

Old July 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly

Yeah, I'm slow. Although my problems are with this is that I am under pressure typing, and because of the pressure I was prone to hitting the backspace key more often. I feel that this test would have been better if I typed in my own use of words, because I know that I can type faster than that even if I have to constantly hit the backspace key for simple mistakes such as typos that I catch immediately.
Fairy
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I wish the site recognised the Ctrl + Backspace command, because if I mistype a work, I prefer to delete the whole word and start again, which is actually quicker for me than hitting backspace till I get to the problem.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I need to type slower. xD If I type my memory I do a lot better but I still make errors. :( I don't look down when I am typing or anything. I took one keyboarding class when I was thirteen but that was it. I'm a little bit unorthodox at times because I have such longer fingers, but I do pretty well. I made more errors on this because I was having to read and I type as fast as I can read if not faster. :x

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here