The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:47 PM
Trainer Brandon

I have always wondered and really really wanted to know, where do our characters go?

I feel somewhat upset that we at the time, the best pokemon trainer, VANISH into oblivion!

Seriously, we need more trainer comebacks. (Maybe a little dialogue too?)

In my opinion pokemon has a very lacking sense of events, and was only barely corrected by saying B/W2 are 2 years after.

I want to use memory link, but for real time... like: "Event Link". It could sync up to your older games, and bring your old player (with the pokemon in party) to your current game as a friend or even rival.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
This is a very interesting concept however there is one issue with this there technically has never been a main series game where the story was the most important thing and personaly I prefer it that way. And the way most people train pokemon (most do not even notice this) they train close to the same teamin every game. Not necessarily the same exact pokemon but relatively the same. So these "rival" battles if you will would be rather boring after a while.

Current Challenge:

Bl 8/8, Pl 0/8, E 0/8, HG 0/16 , FR 0/8
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:49 PM
Kyrul
Long Live the Note

Nature: Hasty
I've always imagined that with each new game comes a new generation. Meaning that the old champions are now dead. Yup, dead. Just a long forgotten legend. You may ask "Well if so many years are passing with each generation then why are their no technology advancements?" Well that's simple. They spend way too much time playing with pokemon to care about advancing their society.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Trainer Brandon

Wow, that's a great concept! But wouldn't pokemon evolve a lot farther over a long period of time? And how can we explain fighting Red in PWT?

Still, neat idea.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:22 AM
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

Nature: Calm
This is a great idea, but if you bring your past self to be your rival... My past self had all level 100's and stats combined with moves that would obliterate EVERYTHING! Maybe your final challenge is this? Like with Red in Johto?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
I'm pretty sure they just stay in their respective regions as champions and live their lives tbh. We know they're still acknowledged because in BW2; Hilbert/Hilda are mentioned a few times throughout the games so they don't just 'vanish'. Just a lot of the time there's no need of a mention.

iirc the RBY hero gets a mention in GSC about defeating TR.

And trainer comebacks? I doubt it; I mean we might get a few appearances of the trainers but we won't get OUR trainers and our Pokemon.

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:03 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I feel like this isn't something explained very well in-game. How is it that we "transfer" the pokemon from other trainers to be our own, despite being new fledgling trainers? This is even more confusing in GSC, when you face who you used to be in another game, theoretically using your own pokemon against yourself?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin

Hmm...I think with the exception of Red, who really likes mountains, our characters journey off around the world, and we just never happen to meet them? I mean, you consider how much of Japan (and NYC) has been covered in the games, presumably there's a lot more land to be explored yet.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Arlo

Most of my old characters are still in whatever regions they're in, doing whatever they're doing. They haven't vanished - they're still there, at the Battle Frontier or out on the Sevii Islands or hanging around White Treehollow or... whatever. I can load those games up any time and go visit them, and they've still got their teams and they're still the champion and nothing much has changed, since no time has passed at all in their lives since I saved them.

Except for the ones that got deleted when I restarted over them, but they got deleted, so they don't exist at all. Poof.

When I start a new character, it's a new character. It doesn't have anything to do with any other character.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links