The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
The only ones I'm considering among the revealed Pokémon are Fennekin and Malimar. I have a feeling the strongest Pokémon haven't been shown yet.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Having to pick a team of six:

Malamar
Fennekin [Final evo]
Helioptile [Final evo]
Clauncher [Final evo]
Flabebe [Final evo]
Gogoat

In order of certainty from most certain to least certain. I love Malamars design so I'm hoping to get him on my team no matter what. Gogoat likely won't be in my team, it's just filler right now. I was sure about Flabebe but it could be a little iffy. It depends on if Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Poison plague doctor....or if Mawile evolves into a Steel/Fairy.

It'll depend on what old pokemon return too though, I'll probably want one old pokemon I've never used before.

You know, I could probably get away without having a water type this gen....since Malamar will probably learn surf because of it's origin. Could be interesting, I can't remember a playthrough where I didn't have a water type.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Moist
other in a month When you,

I'm gonna wait until I see all of the new pokemon, there are too many good pokemon to choose...

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Chespin and Fletchling are the only 2 I've decided on, although the former may change depending on final evolutions.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
I can't even tell you right now. Too many pokemon not yet revealed. I'll make my team once I see the full pokedex, which won't be until the game's release.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Zylas
Dat Trains Kid

Nature: Docile
1. Chespin -----> whatever the heck it evolves into. This is a change for me, because I've always been dedicated to the water starter, but I thought it was time for a bit of change.
2. Pancham (The new Lucario! XD) ----> Pangoro
3. Fletchling --------> Talonflame (yes it may seem pointless, but Talonflame is very similar to the Peregrine Falcon, which is my favorite animal )
4. Gogoat - for traveling
5. Helioptile
6. Inkay ------> Malamar (Uh, ultimate will-bending powers? Sweet! I'm thinkin' the new Gengar!)

This team will obviously change as more Pokes are released.

|Black 2 FC| Best Song EVER|
|Platinum FC| Mah KI:U Neoseeker|
|Old Profile|VM|PM|Credit|

For an innovative, innocent, young boy once said, "I like trains."

Last edited by Zylas; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Having to pick a team of six:

Malamar
Fennekin [Final evo]
Helioptile [Final evo]
Clauncher [Final evo]
Flabebe [Final evo]
Gogoat

In order of certainty from most certain to least certain. I love Malamars design so I'm hoping to get him on my team no matter what. Gogoat likely won't be in my team, it's just filler right now. I was sure about Flabebe but it could be a little iffy. It depends on if Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Poison plague doctor....or if Mawile evolves into a Steel/Fairy.

It'll depend on what old pokemon return too though, I'll probably want one old pokemon I've never used before.

You know, I could probably get away without having a water type this gen....since Malamar will probably learn surf because of it's origin. Could be interesting, I can't remember a playthrough where I didn't have a water type.
Don't be so sure. Eelektross is an aquatic Pokémon and can't learn Surf.

BTW Malimar should already be the final stage.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

This will most likely be completely different once the games come out, but as of now my team will look like this:
- Chespin
- Flabebe
- Talonflame
- Clauncher/Skrelp
- Malamar
- Helioptile

The starter really depends on the final evolution for me. With Unova's starters I was dead-set on choosing Tepig until the evolutions were revealed and I did a complete 180 and went for the much better (in my opinion) Oshawott line.
Flabebe is my favorite Fairy type so far, and hopefully it evolves well. If it doesn't I may go for Swirlix/Spritzee, all depending on evolutions. If I dislike all of their evo's I'll probably go for a retconned Fairy.
Talonflame seems like an awesome fire and flying type, and I like it a lot better than Litleo.
I like Clauncher and Skrelp pretty much equally, so whichever one I choose will likely depend on the version I play which will also depend on their evolutions.
Malamar looks awesome, and Inkay is just so adorable (not to mention their awesome typing!) so as long as their stats match my play style they will likely be on my team.
Not really sure about Helioptile, though it seems promising.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
The Local Joke
Trubbish in the Classroom

Nature: Hasty
Clauncher and Honedge, so far.

Goals: Play with friends much more often, catch every Pokemon ever released, make my character resemble myself, breed excellent Pokemon and share with friends.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
billyjoseph

Fennekin
Skrelp
Maika
Honedge
Gogoat
Noivern

....so far but i think i'll have trouble deciding on just 6 this gen.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Fennekin
Helioptile
Eevee (if we can get one early on) and evolve it into Sylveon
Pancham
Gogoat
and the 6th is undetermined yet.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Great topic idea!

- Honedge
- Noivern
- Talonflame
- Skrelp
- Malamar
- Pangoro

This should make great type synergy both offensively and defensively.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
norbyotter
Victory Starling

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to norbyotter
Hmm well, I'll do the same; using gen 6 pokes only for in-game stuff.

As always, with my first run, I'll go more with the looks than the stats for my party! But I'll change it up if some Pokemon really doesn't cut it for me xD

1- Chespin, evos.
2- Helioptile, evos.
3- Litleo, evos.
4- Sylveon.
5- Honedge, and it's evos if it has any, for sure.
6- Pancham, maybe... I don't like Pangoro at all, but I love Pancham's design ;w;
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I totally read this title as "Pokemon X and Y Partying So Far" and was severely confused.

As of now, I'm thinking Chespin, Clauncher, and Malamar. The other three are still up for debate. I have no idea what I'll fill them with, but hopefully it won't require an HM Slave seeing as they weren't totally necessary last generation. I'd definitely prefer to get a Fire type (Maybe Talonflame, but I'm not sure), an Electric type, and for the third one it'd pretty much be a wild card.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
The Dark Avenger
An Enigmagma

Nature: Adamant
Hmm... I will update this each reveal, as always, but for now this is my plan.

Spoiler:
I need to have a grass, fire, and water pokemon. Also, I rarely use pokemon that don't have a color palette of the trio's typing. So...I won't go with Gogoat; therefore, for now I have to go with the Chespin. I am equally diggin' him and Fennekin anyway. Fire pokemon...well, no Fennekin, unless a new grass is revealed that I like. Other than than there is Talonflame and Litleo. I like talonflame, but it doesn't go any further than like. Litleo on the other hand may not be red/orange predominately in its palette, but I am assuming that he will grow a large fiery mane. The potential for the Litleo line outweighs the already revealed information on Talonflame, which likely will not evolve. So I am going with Litleo, for now. Lastly, we have water. Froakie could be a really amazing toad king with a white crown and bubbly robe, but for now, I can't assume anything, and the Froakie design is just lukewarm for me. The two option I have are Skrelp and Clauncher. I generally don't use pokemon that are more on the ugly or brutish side. I prefer elegant or regal pokemon over anything else, and I am not getting any of those vibes from these pokemon yet (though Skrelp has more potential). Further they are X and Y exclusive, so, for now, I will put this idea on the backburner and go to other version exclusives. Swirlix is the X-version exclusive and Spritzee is the Y-version exclusive. I really like both of them a lot, but I really want Swirlix, and I am predicting that it will evolve into a standard french poodle, which would be insanely amazing. Though, spritzee could very well be a plauge doctor, as many have speculated, I am sensing it will be more of a flamingo, which I would likely have to pass on. Therefore, by default I will go with Clauncher, but I will most likely change this soon! Beyond the elemental trio, I also prefer an electric type. I love Helioptile, and have high expectations on its evolutions. I was sold after watching the gameplay video in which it reveals its frills. Lastly, I could go with Malimar, Pangoro, Noivern, or Villion. I like all of them. Though, I bug-types are my favorite, and I am glad to see that the butterfly scales (of which all butterflies possess) have finally been featured in a design.

Tentative Line-up:

Avatar by Myself & Signature by Suikuzu
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Noivern, Talonflame and Pangoro so far... I'm waiting for the starter evo's to be revealed before I make any further moves.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
So far my team is shaping up to be like this:
Chespin
Malamar
Talonflame
Clauncher

These pokemon have just piqued my interest.

PC SisterPair
Previously, Slayr231
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:28 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I really never have a full team planned out but this time I already have some I'm considering. I'm thinking of have either Fennekin or Chespin as my starter and Talonflame and Pangoro. If I pick Fennekin I might also have Gogoat as a Grass type. My starter choice depends on which has the better final evolution. The rest of the team depends on what Pokemon are revealed next or which previous Pokemon are in the game. If some previous gen Pokemon that I really like are in the game I might use them. I really like having mixed generation teams.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This is my planned team at this point, may change upon further reveals:

- Froakie (gotta have Water starter as always lol)
- Helioptile (Or maybe Malamar if my thoughts change)
- Sylveon (or Swirlix, I want to give the Fairy-type a shot)
- A Flying-type (Talonflame's type doesn't appeal to me so I'm hoping a good one gets revealed)
- A Fire-type (Maybe Litleo but I'm not sure)
- A Grass-type (Again, waiting for a good Grass Pokemon)

I'm still continuing my usual triangle of the three starter types present in my team, although since I'll eventually get both versions I might give some other Pokemon a shot in my other version. My main version is not decided until all version exclusives are revealed. Now that team listed above is assuming I use a 6th Gen-only team, but using old Pokemon wouldn't hurt either.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; July 24th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:01 AM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

I have no idea what my partying will be. For my game run through I usually just catch different type diversities and Pokemon that appeal to me. As for my competitive team, this is a different story since w/ this new type coming out, I will have to see what pairs best/worst with it so I can maintain a solid team.

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old July 24th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I only really know one thing about my party right now. I won't be using a starter pokémon due to how disappointing gen 5's starters where.
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Let's see. I will most definitely have Pangoro and Talonflame as they are my two favorite of the ones revealed. I am also thinking of Honedge because I love swords. I am not into competitive battling so I usually only have pokemon I like.

I will probably switch between a lot of pokemon though. I think I used 10 to 15 different pokemon in Black and White. I love basically every pokemon this generation that has been shown.
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:53 AM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Quiet
For me, it's too early to plan my team since I don't think there is enough Pokemon revealed, but if anything, I'll travel through Kalos catching new generation Pokemon only (with the exception of Eevee, because I want a Sylveon).

Click here to vote for this month's X/Y Player Outfit Contest winner! (This month's theme by me!)

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Flying

Message me if you've added me.
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM
zoroarkrules25

Chespin
pangoro
swirlix
litleo
novierion and
sylveon are my team so far
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM
HollowQueen

I think for my first run, I would want to use a team of only Gen VI Pokemon. This'll probably change as time goes on, but right now, my team will be:
~ Chespin (I always get the Grass starter. )
~ Spritzee (Gotta have a Fairy!)
~ Vivillon (I need a Bug)
~ Clauncher (It's super-cute and I really really hope its evo(s) get Electric as well)
~ Malamar (Dark/Psychic squid? YES PLEASE!)
~ Oorotto (Don't know it's typing yet, but it looks badass, so why not? :D)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here