Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old August 19th, 2013 (07:45 AM). Edited August 19th, 2013 by jellotime91.
jellotime91

It's a little early to choose my entire time, but I know I will use:

Chespin
Malamar
(Dark/Psychic? I mean come on you HAVE TO use it)
Talonflame (Unless Litleo turns into an awesome Manticore with Fire/Poison typing)

I'm going to want dual-types with Water, Fairy, Poison, Ground, Flying, and maybe Dragon... so I will have to see what Pokemon are available to me. I definitely won't be using Sylveon, though, since I pretty much only use dual-type Pokemon.
Old August 19th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Quote originally posted by jellotime91:

(Unless Litleo turns into an awesome Manticore with Fire/Poison typing)

Now THAT'S something I'd be using. Definitely.
1) A trio of ROM hacks [gen1, gen2, gen3] that, aside from the generation, are pretty much identical: You start in Kanto and post-elite four you travel through Johto as it would have been "3 years ago".
2) A demake of Heart Gold / Soul Silver. Possibly using Fire Red as a base.
3) An official Pokémon game, following the standard "gotta catch 'em all" format, but aimed more at the older players.
Old August 19th, 2013 (08:24 AM).
jellotime91

Quote originally posted by Lucky1Yena:
Now THAT'S something I'd be using. Definitely.
Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Venoshock (or maybe Gunk Shot), Flare Blitz... :D
Old August 19th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
I haven't even thought about my X/Y team until now and I don't even know how to start thinking about this as not all the Pokemon have been released yet and thus little information to depend on. I also will need to get to know each and every one of the new Pokemon before deciding on my team as I don't want to be making bad decisions. As for now, all I can definitely say is that Pancham will be on it for sure. If I finally manage to get myself a 3DS and the game when it comes out.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old August 19th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I would've expceted to have seen more Pokémon by now, with less than two months to go and only 37 revealed I have a feeling we will be getting a lower amount than usual, around 80 maybe? Anyway so far my team is shaping up to be something liiike:

Fennekin (Fire/Psychic?)
Fletchling (Flying/Fire)
Inkay (Dark/Psychic)
Clauncher (Water)
Swirlix or Sylveon (Either way it's going to be a Fairy type)
??? (Reserved for a new, unrevealed Pokémon maybe)
Old August 19th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
My team would be
6x Mega Mawile.
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
jellotime91

Quote originally posted by mucus:
My team would be
6x Mega Mawile.
... You can only have one mega Pokemon on your team at a time. Or I guess you're only allowed one mega evolution per battle is more likely. Though I doubt you're find 6 Mawilite stones in the game.

Old August 19th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Superfox

I know you guys don't necessarily have to follow my advice, but in my teams, I generally try to get all three of the starter types in there: Fire, Grass, and Water. They're very practical types to have as you'll most likely need them in a lot of battles. I mean, by having just those three types on your team, you can already counter about 8 different types effectively, many of which are very common types. And that's not counting any primary or secondary types the Pokémon you choose may have (you'd probably want to pick up a Grass Pokémon with another type to counter some of Grass' weaknesses).

Obviously, my starter (or your starter) fills one of those slots. But I heavily suggest picking up two more to fill the other two.

My Friend Safari type is Flying, with Fearow and Swanna.
Old August 19th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
mucus
Moémon Master

Quote originally posted by jellotime91:
stuff
facts are irrelevant, 6 megamaws
Old August 19th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
madisonblue96

Nature: Jolly
No way, I'll decide once I can see ALL the pokemon that is available in the game. The only one I know I will definetly have is the legendary from Y. Also I'm REALLY hoping for a dargon-type eevee!
Old August 19th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
Romaov
Orra

I don't really like any of the new pokemon enough yet to say who's gonna be on my team, but what I CAN say is that torchic is a definite.
Old August 19th, 2013 (01:27 PM).
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
If absol is available, ill be getting one.
There must be some way of obtaining it because: http://www.marriland.com/pokemon-xy/mega-evolution/4899-mega-absol
1) A trio of ROM hacks [gen1, gen2, gen3] that, aside from the generation, are pretty much identical: You start in Kanto and post-elite four you travel through Johto as it would have been "3 years ago".
2) A demake of Heart Gold / Soul Silver. Possibly using Fire Red as a base.
3) An official Pokémon game, following the standard "gotta catch 'em all" format, but aimed more at the older players.
Old August 19th, 2013 (06:09 PM).
Draqonite
Draco Meteor?

Having a fairy type in your team is probably going to be really usefull ,through out the story mode..so thats why im going to get Sylveon even though its not one of my favorite pokemon.

Grass/Fighting Chesnaught
Fire/Flying Charizard
Fairy Sylveon
Dragon/Poison
Dragalge
Steel/Ghost Aegislash
Ice/Rock Aurorus
Old August 19th, 2013 (06:26 PM).
Superfox

Quote originally posted by Draqonite:
Having a fairy type in your team is probably going to be really usefull ,through out the story mode..so thats why im going to get Sylveon even though its not one of my favorite pokemon.
There are other Fairy types and there will most likely be more Fairy types introduced. So you don't have to get Sylveon if you don't like it.
Old August 20th, 2013 (12:50 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I'm still looking into what they have. So many epic choices, so little time to choose now x_x

I wish I knew more Kalos Pokemon because I never use my Planned teams after finding something in game that intrigues me.

Only definate on my team is Froakie, my Starter....I really want Gogoat and Noivern too....Just don't have a planned team...I do have a very large lists of what I want to catch though XD
Old August 20th, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Sheep

Nature: Timid
All I'm set on at the 'mo are Chespin and Sylveon. Other than that I'll probably just play normally and decide what I want to use as I go along. :3
Burnin’ up, we love, trust in it

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old August 20th, 2013 (01:41 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

So far, I've decided to have Fennekin and Honedge on my team. They're two of my favorite six generation Pokémon. I may include Noivern, too, if it has a good move pool. =) I'm not really sure what the rest of my party will consist of. I'll decide when I get to play the game, I guess!
Old August 20th, 2013 (02:14 PM).
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I'm not the type of person to use pre-set teams when I play a pokemon game. But, let's assume that the newly revealed pokemon are the ONLY pokemon usable in the new gen...this could end up to be my team:
Pokemon Y:
~Fennekin
~Spritzee
~Noivern
~Pancham
~Skrelp
~Heliptile
Alternates: (like, I'll catch them and train them so they're usable, but they're not exactly part of my main team)
~Yvetal
~Gogoat

Of course, all of 'em would be in their final evos.
Old August 20th, 2013 (02:49 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
So far:
-Froakie/Skrelp
-Malamar
-Swirlix
-Helioptile
-Gogoat
-Talonflame/Blaziken (hopefully)

That's for the first run, might as well use pokes from other gens in future playthroughs.
Old August 20th, 2013 (03:17 PM).
Hikamaru
I am Oh.
Community Supporter

Assuming I used a Kalos-only team, it would have been this:

- Froakie
- Pangoro
- Some random Flying Pokemon
- Swirlix (or maybe Sylveon)
- Some random Fire Pokemon
- Some random Grass Pokemon

So yeah, continuing my trend of a Grass/Fire/Water triangle with the starter covering one of the three types, with the other two going to Pokemon that as of this stage I have not decided yet. A Flying Pokemon is always mandatory because I love to fly around, Pangoro since I tend to use a Fighting-type somewhere (but the type's often random because it's one of my wildcard slots) and I also want to try a Fairy-type for once.
Old August 20th, 2013 (03:30 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I've rethought up my team. In the end I'll proably not use it as I rarely use my pre-planned team...

It'll be: Torchic, Talonflame, Fennekin, Gogoat, Helioptile, and the sixth is open.
Old August 20th, 2013 (04:04 PM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Nature: Modest
I'd like to wait a bit more before selecting my team because if I planned it now in a few weeks when more Pokemon are revealed, I will be like "OMG must have on team!!" and have to change it. For now, Chespin and Honedge are the only guarantees for my team.
[14:31] @Christοs: my dream gf is a female zeffy

Old August 21st, 2013 (04:34 AM).
freddy f1shf1nger

This is just my opinion but I have yet to see a Fairy type pokemon that I am interested in which is sad, because I think that the fairy type can be good, i just have little interest in it.

And so I have to say that I am looking more at: the evolution of Litleo, Malamar and Pangoro with either Chespin or Froakie as a starter
Old August 22nd, 2013 (12:42 PM).
squirtle124

i was wondering if anyone has planned there pokemon team yet? or if you just wait and see how it ends up. for me its fenniken,tauros,dragonite,clauncher,and an evolution of eevee the 6th im still not sure about yet.everyone seems to like noivern but im not bothered about it. i really want to use tauros because i have never used one so far.so do you plan your pokemon team in advance or just wait to play it?
Old August 22nd, 2013 (12:57 PM).
TheTorraRegion

I don't know my whole team yet, but I want fennekin, noivern, and talonflame so far.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links