The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:05 AM
LilithFaye

Advertise here
I guess I've got a normal Canadian/American accent, although outside of like the southern states, new york and Boston, I can't really tell a difference between the dialects of it.

I loooove Australian and Irish accents
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Esper

I have a California accent. We're kind of a mix of accents here, sometimes identical to what people in the Midwest sound like, or the East Coast, but rarely the South. Really though I sound like any given person you might hear on American TV.

And this is totally germane to the topic: an interactive dialect map of the USA.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
I have North Egyptian accent...i also know Lebanon accent,Saudi Arabian accent ...i try other accents but it doesn't come good so no problem

i love the Italian and Swedish accents it comes funny while they try to speak English...i have an Italian friend i liked that he always called Egypt "Egypto" and added the letter o to the end of most of his words ..sounds funny and nice too lol

Old July 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
New Eden
Fading out.
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I'm some sort of sloppy mix. Sometimes my accent switches from general American to Southern for a short time though. Not very many people I know at work are native to my state, and I seem to get a generous amount of foreigners at my work too.

Old July 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
just an american accent.

i love british accents.

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old July 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
American accent here, specifically Midlands. Basically means that I might sound like I come from any given part of the country. There are a few words that have a bit of a hispanic tint because of the area I grew up in, but I actually ended up with a pretty different accent from others I grew up around. I like the blandness of my accent just fine, so I'm happy with the way I speak.

I also kind of like Scottish accents, not quite sure why, but I've always enjoyed the sound of them.

Paired With Signomi - Brothers with Arcanine
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I live in the southern United States, but my accent is not southern sounding at all. I guess I have the typical American accent? One could say there is a slight Hispanic tint to my voice, and for good reason, because I am Hispanic, but I don't really think I do. My accent is sorta plain, lol.
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I don't really have one (Unless there's such thing as a Canadian accent), but I really like Australian accents the most.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
Midwestern American? It's pretty boring.
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Plumpyfoof

Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I have an Aussie accent, it's not like Crocodile Dundee accent (although I do a pretty good impression) more like Adam Hills.

I love Irish accents and the stereotypical British Gent' accent.
But I suppose English accents can be pretty hot when they're not being slaughtered with fecal matter.
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
I got a slight southern accent... No one here notices it cause everyone has really thick ones xD but, when I get mad it comes out a lot more noticably.

<3 I love British Accents, and Australian, and French, and Southern, and Scottish XD
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
I'm Australian, but I've been told by quite a few people that I don't really sound Australian. My accent isn't incredibly strong, and I've taken measures to remove some of the Australian traits that I find annoying out of my voice... so that's probably why lol.

The best example I can think of is generally in Australian accents, when one word ends in a vowel and the next starts with a vowel, Australians conjoin the two with an R sound to maintain the flow of speech. So for instance, if someone were to say "Pamela Anderson", it would some out "Pameleranderson". I've gotten myself out of that habit.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I... don't think I've got a particular accent lol

I grew up watching and learning English through Americans shows in Nepal so most of my pronunciations and I guess my general accent was kinda generic asian-american, but now that I've lived here in London for more than seven years I'm a cross between asian-american and asian-london, so I pronounce different things differently. Like some things I would say in an american way while others in a british way. I definitely use more Londonish dialect and sociolect however in real-life.

I don't know why but I love American accents. I find them weird and funny compared to accents here in the UK aha
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm English/German/Sioux (among many other things, because I'm a mutt) but live in the US and I've really never noticed having an accent. I speak like my family, meaning I use phrases and words that don't make sense to other people, but that's it. Unlike my relatives, I don't pronounce words incorrectly (i.e. "crik" rather than "creek", "warsh" instead of "wash",...).
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; July 27th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I have a Canadian (Toronto) accent. I like a lot of other accents (if they aren't too thick and I can still understand what they are saying.) Though.. I am not particularly fond of South-London accents, and sometimes NZ accents are either a hit or miss for me.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Powalen

I'm from Alabama so I have a bit of a southern accent. I don't think its overly strong though.

Old July 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I like the Irish accents and British accents (but I still don't understand why girls swoon at it so much.. big deal it's a british accent).

I've always lived in California but for some reason over the past 3 years I've found myself talking half a day like a Texan or something. I don't know why, I just do.
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm English so I assume I have an English accent (and have been told I do), so let's go with that!

I love Irish accents above all, they're so cute and endearing and yet carry a hint of robustness and power. I also adore Welsh accents because they've always struck me as jolly and fun, and Danish accents are amazing because they're Danish. I don't like American accents because... in all honesty they kind of annoy me haha. They sound so forced and I can never tell if they're real or not, despite whole states sharing them. Texas is the exception though, that's a fun accent. :D
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

i have a prominent accent, but what does it actually sound like???? a mix of british/australian/new zealand even though out of those places i've only lived in new zealand
i lived in paris until i was 8 and i don't even have anything similar to an french accent oops
here's a relatively recent example of my accent from april when i was dared to read spongebob fanfiction by a friend
PG-13 content!!!!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vS4zec93Et

as for my favourite accents??? all variations of the southern drawl hands down
love 'em
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
White Mage
FEAR
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I guess I have an American accent? I speak pretty clear English without any region-specific accent.

I love British accents. Also, Scottish accents are cool.

VM | PM | MAL
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Dott

Nature: Timid
According to one of my real life friends, I've got a Michigan accent, whatever that is. Which is strange, considering I live nowhere near Michigan.
But I love German and Russian accents, they're beautiful. The language is great, too.

Old July 30th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Green Stache

I'm Australian, and Nowra-bogan.. (It's a hole town in Australia for all you over sea critters out there).

Nah my accent isn't too bad, I don't think.. Well, I can hear me sound Australian, but my voice is pretty deep, and it's not all 'G'day mate hows it garn? Awr dats swell aye!'. But I don't pronounce 'Th' correctly.. I say it like 'fe', which I don't see the problem, but to others they're like 'Talk properly!'

My favourite accent would have to be Italian, it's so sexy. Oh, you speak italian? Stroof me dingo.
Old July 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dott View Post
According to one of my real life friends, I've got a Michigan accent, whatever that is. Which is strange, considering I live nowhere near Michigan.
But I love German and Russian accents, they're beautiful. The language is great, too.
Michiganians don't have specific accents... xD

Y'all might think I got me an accent, but I ain't got none-a them fancy ways-a talkin'.

Like most American chicks, I think British and Australian accents are hot, like omg. Irish and Scottish accents can be cool, too, but they remind me of Craig Ferguson and it makes me laugh :U
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
According to Went, I have a Spanish accent.

According to me, I sound very flamboyant.

According to certain others, I sound like Morgan Freeman.

Take your pick, really.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Lalapizzame
VIOLETTA!

Nature: Careful
I have a bland Californian accent. Sometimes I really do mix up my l's with my r's, though. I like Morgan Freeman accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
According to Went, I have a Spanish accent.

According to me, I sound very flamboyant.

According to certain others, I sound like Morgan freeman.

Take your pick, really.
def Morgan Freeman

Sponsored Links

Advertise here