The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old July 24th, 2013, 03:05 AM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
What part in any of the 3d Gen games has annoyed you the most?

For me, I would say Victory Road when I played Ruby version. I don't know why but it always seemed to take the longest time for me to complete and I felt like I would always get lost.

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old July 24th, 2013, 04:42 AM
HSV15

Nature: Modest
Seeing my rival waiting up ahead and thinking to myself 'Oh damn....'

Or, spending ages attempting to make it up to Rayquaza without falling through the cracks in the floor.

| B: 1/8 | R: n/a | Y: 0/8 |
| G: 1/16 | S: n/a | C: 0/16 |
| R: 0/8 | S: 8/8 | E: 8/8 | FR:8/8 | LG: n/a |
| D: 8/8 | P: 3/8 | Pt: 5/8 | HG: 0/16 | SS: 16/16 |
| B: 1/8 | W: n/a | B2: n/a | W2: 8/8 |
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Yeah, Sky Pillar and Victory Road were both tough. However, even as my brain developed and I was able to conquer them with ease like I can now xD, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Well, Emerald was my first game, so I didn't experience day/night until Gen IV and really just forgot about the clock I'd set in Emerald.
However, once I realised there was time, I then thought I could get an Espeon/Umbreon with my Eevee in LeafGreen. how wrong was I.

This is probably my least favourite thing about Gen III - not only could I not get Machamp, Alakazam etc. due to the difficulties of trading pre-Gen IV, but I couldnt get these, two of my favourites, for no apparent reason.

I've also not had internal battery issues with Emerald, so to me there really does seem to be no upside to losing the time feature.

That's my least favourite part. No time in LeafGreen.
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
the part in the Hoenn game that annoyed me the most was trying to get to the part to unlock the regi trio.

and in the kanto ones was not be able to trade my pokemon on from my Sapphire to LG/FR until after the league.
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Victory road was really annoying, due to it using a cocktail of HMs to travel it. It isn't even that hard if you have late 50's Pokémon, but the requirement of HMs is Mt. Cornet bad. (Although Mt. Cornet will always be worse. :/)

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well the unavailibility of VS Seeker so that I could train before the Elites as well to navigate Sky Pillar to reach Rayquaza that bothered me in Emerald
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:35 AM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
I also hate victory road. I took me more time to cross it than to reach it.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wally in victory road and the rouytes with rain and you can't run in the tal grass there. Also the recover spamming militics.

Last edited by TreeKangaroo; July 25th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

The first battle with May at the Lab. I hate those first battles.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Therizinosaurus

if we're including the kanto games, itll be a tie between surge's gym (need I say more) and rock tunnel. that tunnel has put me off replaying the kanto games SO many times because I don't want to face it
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Radioactivechimp

I found the weather effects on the overworld really cool, but they really slowed down the battles. Battling in areas where there is rain or a sandstorm effect annoyed me because of the added text that made the battles last at least twice as long: "It started raining" "___ is buffeted by the storm", etc
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Sabrewulf238

Two things in particular.

No day/night cycle and it was really hard or even impossible to get some pokemon. The third gen felt a bit detached from the previous two...even though overall the 3rd gen was my favourite.
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:29 AM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Victory Road. I just hate going through there with Pokemon that need to know certain HM moves, which means I have to leave a team member behind and they don't get the experience I want them to get.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Click here for information about my Super-Secret Base.

Message me if you've added me.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

The cave you had to went through to get to Lavender town... Man I hate having to use flash. For some reason, Granite cave in RSY didn't annoy me at all, I can easily maneuver through it in the dark.

Also, I hated the Digglet Cave, Arena Trap and the occasional overpowered Dugtrio are such a pain...
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Dr. Zion

Nature: Quirky
i have to say my least favorite part of R/S is the Sky Tower. However, in FR/LG, it infuriates me that they give you the opportunity to begin collecting Pokemon from Gen II, only to find out they only give you a fraction of the Pokemon you should be able to get. Its like giving someone a piece of cake and taking away all of the frosting.

I don't use "uber" Pokémon. I don't calculate stat values. I don't use cheating devices. I don't breed my way to perfection. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Silais
Princess of the Law

The internal clock in Ruby went out after a year or so after it was first played, and after that the tides didn't work and other time-based events could not be completed, which annoyed me quite a bit. I also didn't like Sky Tower's broken tiles, but I liked grinding there and the music was good.
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Victory Road in Hoenn, the amount of HMs required was so insane it wasted my team's movesets quickly.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

It frustrated me to no end that I could never get to Mirage Island in Sapphire. I know that it's not even that special apart from the Liechi Berry, but I must've spent a solid year checking for it every day, and never having it appear. Then when my internal clock stopped, I think I was more upset that I'd never be able to get there over anything else.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

You guys already said everything I had in mind
I'll just quote the parts I agree with:

FR/LG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
No day/night cycle and it was really hard or even impossible to get some pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
Also, I hated the Digglet Cave, Arena Trap and the occasional overpowered Dugtrio are such a pain...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therizinosaurus View Post
if we're including the kanto games, itll be a tie between surge's gym (need I say more) and rock tunnel.
R/S/E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
Victory road was really annoying, due to it using a cocktail of HMs to travel it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
the part in the Hoenn game that annoyed me the most was trying to get to the part to unlock the regi trio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV15 View Post
spending ages attempting to make it up to Rayquaza without falling through the cracks in the floor.
Now let me add my points:

1. The braille in FR/LG where you need to use Cut in front of a door to open it, I had to open the internet for help & inevitably spoiled parts of the game.
2. Receiving the running shoes only after the first gym in FR/LG, it's annoying because I got used to them since R/S/E.
3. The two bikes in R/S/E, each having a different "signature move" needed to reach certain places, I was too lazy to switch in every new area so I missed out on some items.
4. Natures, it was a pain trying to capture/breed a poke with a nature that doesn't suck, especially for someone who knew about them halfway through the game.
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Tyrael
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
Overpowered 7th Gym in RSE. Really hated those twins, always being forced to capture a Sharpedo before them and just hope I could actually get past the Xatu and Claydol

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I rly hated the victory road on hoenn, it was so long and too many HMs required. Also hated the water routes.

On FR/LG surge's gym and that cave where you have to use flash to light it were rly annoying for me. Ugh

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Firecircuit

Way too many HMs. Dive and Flash were really really annoying for me.
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM
BlueMudkipz
Blu

Catching the freaking Regis. It was so unnecessary and frankly wasn't worth it in the end.

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Dr. Zion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMudkipz View Post
Catching the freaking Regis. It was so unnecessary and frankly wasn't worth it in the end.
true but you could also say the same thing about the other trios (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltress) and (Entei, Raiku, and Suicune)

they have no real effect on anything. its more for the challenge of getting them. but i do agree, the Regi trio is probably the hardest and most time consuming

I don't use "uber" Pokémon. I don't calculate stat values. I don't use cheating devices. I don't breed my way to perfection. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
BlueMudkipz
Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zion View Post
true but you could also say the same thing about the other trios (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltress) and (Entei, Raiku, and Suicune)

they have no real effect on anything. its more for the challenge of getting them. but i do agree, the Regi trio is probably the hardest and most time consuming
For me catching Entei, Raiku, Suicune and the legendary birds was fun, but catching the Regis was downright hard and not fun.

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links