Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old July 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMudkipz View Post
For me catching Entei, Raiku, Suicune and the legendary birds was fun, but catching the Regis was downright hard and not fun.
I partially agree with that, to catch the Regis you had to solve a puzzle then go to the places where each Regi stayed, the puzzle was a bit hard considering that I don't read Braille but the idea wasn't bad, but catching the legendary dogs wasn't really that fun either, they were like Lati@s randomly roaming the land, you could just encounter them anytime just like you would encounter any other Pokémon.
I personally thought the puzzle wasn't worth the effort because I hated the design of the Regis.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:08 AM
Dr. Zion

Nature: Quirky
throwing the ability to catch one of the Legendary Dogs kind of pisses me off too, for 2 reasons.

1. Having the first encounter can take FOREVER, and without abilities like Arena Trap, it is extremely difficult to catch them. They are like overpowered Abra. It can be just downright annoying trying to catch them.

2. Giving you one of three Legendaries makes me really angry. It makes it so even if you do somehow succeed at catching one of them, you have to trade and completely start from scratch twice to get all three, which can take an outrageous amount of time to do.

Also, one other thing that really bugs me is Mew. Mew makes completing the Pokedex virtually impossible. I only have FR, LG, R, S, and Crystal. There is no way for me to get Mew. I also only have a GBA SP, so i couldnt get Mew even if i had the right game to do so.

I don't use "uber" Pokémon. I don't calculate stat values. I don't use cheating devices. I don't breed my way to perfection. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Lack of certain johto pokemon such as Houndour/doom, Stantler, etc. was bothersome. Though it was remedied with release of Emerald, people who thought R/S and Emerald were basically same game and bought the former instead were out of luck.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

What bothered me the most is that RSE ended ;;. They are my favorite games ever and I would have simply loved to have continued playing them much longer <3

"By force of will!"
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
Tate and Liza really bugged me on Emerald. The Claydol and Xatu combo decimated my team over and over >.>

Also, like many others have said, Victory Road in Hoenn. It required so many HMs and was just overall annoying to get through.

Despite that, Emerald is still my favorite game :D

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM
clefable919

Yeah, most of Emerald's gym leaders. I think Emerald has the hardest gym leaders of any Pokemon game. But a lot of them still give me a ton of problems.
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Fiery Dash

Mainly it's Wallace's Ludicolo and Juan's Kingdra for both, spamming DD.
Wallace, for the worst his Ludicolo knows the move Leech Seed...
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:56 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
I'd say Victory Road is really annoying. I also never liked the Team Aqua Hideout to the east of Mossdeep

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMudkipz View Post
For me catching Entei, Raiku, Suicune and the legendary birds was fun, but catching the Regis was downright hard and not fun.
Haha it's kind of funny how I caught my legendary dog in Leaf Green, I was in the patch of grass right next to Cerulean Cave when I was going to catch Mewtwo. Kind of lucky on my part
If you want to play Dota2 with me, just send me a PM, I'm always willing to play in a stack :D

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old August 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I didn't like how fast Pokémon ran away from me in the Safari Zone, especially the ones that are hard to encounter. Chansey, Scyther, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, and Tauros are a few that comes to mind. Also, there was no way to bring your Pokémon back from the first and second generation games. This made me very upset. D:
for all distractions.
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
The fact that there's not much to do after beating the game. Pretty much just the Battle Tower in RS, and the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

And how terrible training is in Emerald. At least RS has high level Pokémon in the Sky Pillar. This might just be me, but training in HGSS is one thing (there's at least Mt. Silver with decent stuff to fight before Red), but Emerald is just pitiful. Maybe it's just the fact that there's a big water portion of the game with just Tentacool, Wingull and such.
Owner of the Wedlocke Challenge thread and Anime Style Challenge thread
3DS Friend Code: 0619 4289 2312
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Let's see...

I got lost in Victory Road first time I reached it in Sapphire - until I came up with the "go around the walls" method (where you walk along the wall until you get to an exit or ladder).

I didn't crack the regi code until a while after, using a very long process involving a Pokémon magazine, a pen, some paper and my game.

In Emerald I was unprepared for Wallace replacing Steven.

Those were my top three most annoying parts about the 3rd generation Hoenn games.

As for the Kanto remakes, the only thing that really bugged me was the fact that I couldn't trade with any Hoenn games until some time after the National Pokédex - and that in itself was difficult for me because by the time I got around to that point I was too powerful to weaken most of the things you encounter.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:40 AM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
In RSE I really hate going up route 119 because there is just way too much tall grass.
Also wasn't a fan of Victory Road in that game.

I also missed the night and day system since I got so used to it with Gen II.
CURRENT CHALLENGE(S)
First Badge Challenge: Johto

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Sneaky Truth

In Emerald, I think I speak for everyone in saying that the incredibly small bag space for the amount of items able to be picked up got annoying at times. Also, when I was younger the un-linearity of the story line frustrated me in not knowing which city to head to next. But now that I know better, that's what made the game so great.

But I would still go as far to say that Emerald was the best pokemon game, and a remake with the physical/special split and slightly more post-game progressional content along with the original Battle Frontier would keep me entertained forever. Please Game Freak?
Trophy SHINY Bagon for trade!

Currently looking for:
-Competitive shiny and HA pokemon
-Assault Vest
-Ability Capsule
-Tyranitarite

FC: 1993-8587-9003
PM me first
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:34 AM
mwuzatm

I really hated the Physical/special attacks being determined by type rather than the move itself
Old August 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Add this to the list: Finding Latias/Latios. Initially you have NO IDEA where it is, so you waste tons of time and repels trying to locate it.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:46 AM
rxyquaza

What annoyed me the most about Gen 3 was the huntail/gorebyss evolution items. If you could get both of them in one game, I'd have completed the Hoenn dex by now -.-
Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Banz

Trying to talk to Mr. Briney was surely the toughest and the most annoying part.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Dark Zapdos
Arose from Darkness
Community Supporter

The amount of HM's to get through victory road on RSE
Add my FC: 2981-6333-4535 pm yours so I can add you back thanks
FIRE TYPE Safari with, Braixen Charmeleon and Ponyta
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Hoenn: F'n, the electric building south of Watson's Gym. Coudn't run in that building, ECH!!

Kanto: The number islands, such a waste of time.
T!M
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Ehrgeiz
CustomTitle1.Show()

Nature: Relaxed
Catching a Feebas!

Then, Figuring out nothing cool happened after you've gotten 100 successful flights in the Mossdeep Space Center.
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Loki Laufeyson
MOVED to: Magma Leader Maxie

Nature: Lonely
Beating the Elite Four on Ruby. It was a pain in the ass, especially Drake.
But I must say the Victory Road wasn't nice either.

>> MOVED <<
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Sceptile0111

Nature: Modest
No one's mentioned Emerald's Battle Frontier? I bought Emerald when it first came out. 8 years later, STILL haven't beaten it.

For FR/LG it was the Gen II happiness evolutions being disabled for no apparent reason. Especially since they make you watch the animation anyway every time your Golbat/Chansey/whatever levels up with max happiness...
I'm back!
FRIEND CODE: 0003-2828-2754

Currently Playing: Pokemon White
Current Team: Emboar - Zebstrika - Archeops - Simisage - Beartic - Reiuniclus
Pokedexes Completed: Kanto (R), Hoenn (E), National (E) (minus events)

Completed Challenges:
RBY Solo (Nidoking, Blue)
HG/SS Solo (Jirachi, HG)
Ongoing Challenges:
None at the moment!
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:59 PM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
Sky Pillar. I hope I never come across anything like that again.

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Trying to land in Mirage Island and Shoal Cave with dead battery. You know what? I wouldn't have even gone there if it wasn't for Snorunt and Liechi Berry. Thankfully I got a Snorunt in Emerald, and then proceeded to get it on Ruby holding the Liechi Berry. I wouldn't want to go through this trouble again, nope.
~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here