The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Haha, I've been using Chrome so long I didn't know there were animated sprites on Bulbapedia!
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:53 PM
New Eden
Fading out.
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I actually use Pale Moon, which is a browser that bases itself off Firefox. I've found it to be my favourite honestly.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Starry Windy
is Windvisible.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I often used Firefox due to the vast selection of add-ons, even though I occasionally might use Chrome.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
On hiatus until next Monday.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
On my laptop and my smartphone? Internet Explorer. Version 11 for the laptop, and 9 for the smartphone (stuck in 7.x forever). I used to use Google Chrome before I switched when 9's beta was out. Let's just say that even with an anemic CPU (by 2009 standards), you can do a lot more when you pair it with a powerful graphics processing unit. Especially when you're on a mobile platform.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I switched from IE to Chrome about... 4 years ago...? I don't exactly remember. But I haven't looked back since then, and looking at IE now feels very awkward.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
Im using Firefox right now..I started wwith Chrome but It started to lag I use Chrome sometimes though I also use safari and Dont use IE or Opera..
Quote:
IE SUCKS!!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Castform

I mainly use FireFox just because I have never had any real problems with it and that is good enough for me. I do like the look of Chrome better, but I haven't had a chance(I've been too lazy) to re-download it..so yeah I use ff.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
RollsOfSushi
Hotter than Wasabi

Nature: Jolly
I'm using Safari right now, as it came with my Mac. I don't find any problems with it, so I'm good with it.

Gengar
~Hotter Than Wasabi~
" Gengar hides in the shadows. If a Gengar is nearby, it is said to feel ten degrees colder than normal. "
Awesome avatar by Alexial • Wrestling YoutubePokemon Youtube
Instagram

Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:37 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I use Google Chrome. I like Firefox too but I like Chrome more.
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I used to use IE, a long, long time ago. At that time a friend persuaded me to get Firefox, because it was faster, better laid out... stuff like that. I stuck with Firefox for a couple of years, but then there was this game me and that same friend wanted to play. Firefox wouldn't play the game, for whatever reason, so he suggested I try Chrome. And, well... I've never looked back! Chrome's fast, easy to use and nicely laid out, in my opinion.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Chaval
My impediment is no hindrance.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaval
Opera is the way to go for me! (and seems like I'm the only one xD) I love the speed and how many features it has. Also, I LOVE the Opera Portal! It gives me the news without the need to check the websites!
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Nine Inch Nails
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Nine Inch Nails
I've been using Chrome since around the time it came out; it's better than Internet Explorer by a long shot and beats Firefox quite handily too.

Chrome's minimalistic interface, as well as blazing fast loading times deceptively deep customisation options (themes!) and the extensions offered - AdBlock comes to mind - are strong reasons for my continued usage of the browser. I'd definitely never go back to Firefox or Internet Explorer...
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Endless
& got to keep looking

In my opinion, Google Chrome is the best web browser. I always use it whether at school, home, or work, because I find it to be more comfortable than other browsers. It has a fast start-up, a clean and simple interface, better security, and an incredible loading speed. I also like how it syncs your browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, applications, extensions, Google accounts, and all of your other data.
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
AliasHackyCat

ABrowser generic web browser, made specifically for Trisquel GNU/Linux. I, in all honesty, prefer the GNUzilla icecat browser, but I have trouble installing it and making it default, plus using it with TOR. :/ So, I'm stuck with a generic web browser. I do not use Chrome or Chromium for they spy on their users (Also encourage the use of non-free softwares). :/ Though, I quite like the work Google made on them.
Old August 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Dter ic
(=^ェ^=)

I'm torn between using Firefox and Chrome all because of extensions being available only on specific browsers. On my Mac I'm using Firefox becuase DownThemAll exists and is the best download manager I've used. Not an issue on the desktop though because I have a standalone downlolad manager to handle downloads so I've been using Chome on that.
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Samity

Chrome, Chrome and more Chrome. Nothing better.

I used to use Firefox but slowly got turned off of it, I've still got it on my computer and the more recent versions are 10 times better than what it was a few years ago (although even that was better than IE).
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Chrome, all I need is a few addons i.e. Adblocker+, APNG and Auto HD For YouTube then I am all set along with my "My Neighbor Totoro" Theme

PairFriend Code
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Chrome because I am too used to its scrolling, Firefox has this awkward scrolling that makes me want to alt + f4 it. The latest IE just looks weird to me, although it doesn't have that super awkward scrolling effect like Firefox.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've always used Chrome for no adequately explained reason. It's fast, does everything I want it to, has adblock, has Lazarus, and doesn't often crash - plus it's customisable! I'm sure other browsers can do all of this and probably more, and I certainly don't use Chrome to the extent that it's likely designed to be used, but it's always been safe and reliable for me so I'm happy with it. I'd change given a good recommendation, but most people seem to use Chrome too so I see no reason to try yet haha.
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I've always used Chrome for no adequately explained reason. It's fast, does everything I want it to, has adblock, has Lazarus, and doesn't often crash - plus it's customisable! I'm sure other browsers can do all of this and probably more, and I certainly don't use Chrome to the extent that it's likely designed to be used, but it's always been safe and reliable for me so I'm happy with it. I'd change given a good recommendation, but most people seem to use Chrome too so I see no reason to try yet haha.
Same reasons as him, I have been using Chrome for years now and it's easy to use. I can do everything I want on it and it has customization options too. I customized mine in a Hatsune Miku background for now, until I find something better.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old August 18th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
I'm lucky to have a dad working in media and communication because he thought me the existence of Google Chrome. he started using it right when it came out, and then installed it on my computer.

Pairs - -
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Sir Servine
Who wants poffins? :3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Servine Vine Vine, Ser Servine Ser Ser Servine Vine Ser Servine Servine Ser Vine, Servine Vine Vine Ser Ser. (At first I used Internet Explorer, then the annoying pop-up on Google's homepage to download Google Chrome finally made me snap, and I downloaded it not knowing what it even was.)

Servine Servine Ser Ser. (Best decision in my whole life.)
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Arca09

Google Chrome, because back then I used to have such a small, laggy laptop. Google Chrome was fast and clutter the screen. Using firefox was a bit laggy with my laptop... and don't get me started on IE, attempting it is hard enough. (No offense to IE users, this was an old IE version haha)

Now I have a bigger one, but I'm still sticking with Chrome. Its just so simple and does the job.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Amiasek

Righ now I preffer Firefox but no so long time ago I was running Chrome and Maxthon a lot. Decided to switch to Firefox cause it is far less laggy for me. But in the end it doesn't really bother me which browser I use (not counting IE).
Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
revfrank

Nature: Calm
For all the things I like to do FireFox is my prefered browser It dose everything I need and I can customize the way it looks n such.

Pokemon DarkCrystal Mobile

Pokemon DarkCrystal Online

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here