The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Falsever
maybe i'll come back

Nature: Jolly
I've been using Google Chrome the best since I joined PC.
It's fast and useful for my ancient computer.
Old August 24th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

I use Firefox, I prefer it over Chrome as it's more customizable, with so many extensions and what not. The odd time I use Chrome, it's a custom-built version of Chromium, as Google's vanilla browser has privacy issues.
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
firefox for linux. I like my classic look.
it is fast too, and has all the amenities i need.

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Tetra
Community Supporter

I use Firefox. Sometimes I use Google Chrome as it is faster in loading videos. I've been using Firefox for 2 years now and I can say that I like it quite a lot. I do find it better then IE too. Overall Google Chrome is good, but i'd stick to FF.
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
Chromity Chrome, but it hasn't been as smooth as usual for me lately. I'm considering going back to Firefox...

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Seems like there's a lot of Google Chrome users here. Personally I'm not a fan of it, but to each their own, I guess.

I actually like using IE10, if only because it's what you can use on a Surface RT... but it's also because it's what tablet web browsers should be. IE, buttery smooth? Yeah, right, it's happening.

Speaking of IE and Chrome, to all those who switched from IE to Chrome - have you ever thought of giving IE10/IE11 a try on a Windows 7/8/RT/8.1/RT 8.1 machine? While it might not win any benchmarks, I've noticed that it copes well in low memory situations and should handle touch and scrolling better, especially after things have loaded completely.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM
C4
Explosive

Nature: Relaxed
It depends on what I'm using. I use Chrome for most things, browsing the web, reading the news, etc. and I use firefox for cheating on browser-based flash games! :D

EDIT:
After reading this thread I decided to give IE10 a try. I like the way it looks and feels, but Chrome is faster for me so I will stick to Chrome.
Also, more things are compatible with Chrome than are compatible with IE10, so that's another bonus.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
It depends on what I'm using. I use Chrome for most things, browsing the web, reading the news, etc. and I use firefox for cheating on browser-based flash games! :D

EDIT:
After reading this thread I decided to give IE10 a try. I like the way it looks and feels, but Chrome is faster for me so I will stick to Chrome.
Also, more things are compatible with Chrome than are compatible with IE10, so that's another bonus.
Things like...?

I'd also like to know what kind of hardware people using Chrome uses, to see whether how fast some browser has in relation to CPU-GPU power balance. I know that when you don't have a lot of CPU power to throw around, I'd rather stick with IE9+.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
C4
Explosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Things like...?
Almost every app, website and game is optimized for Chrome.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
Almost every app, website and game is optimized for Chrome.
Kins of unfortunate that statement is not as simple as you think. It's more of a "does something support what we need" thing. If a site is truly forward, it shouldn't just be optimised for Google Chrome - usually said "optimisation" if done properly should also mean everyone else that's mew enough also gets a nice, optimised experience, as far as the user is concerned.

I actually like using IE10 for sites that I use a lot, as it pretty much have never let me down. Try going outside of the Chrome App Store - you'd be surprised how you don't need that.
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

I currently use Firefox; I tested a majority plus one sorta unknown browser to different tests, and Firefox came out on top overall. The unknown one I've took a liking to, is called Comodo Dragon. It's based from Chromium, and seems to be more secure and performs better than Chrome, but that's just my opinion. I use it on my small computer.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

I use google chrome for pretty much everything I use. Plus all my accounts are saved on this browser. I use firefox to play flash games and blah.
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

This one's gonna be somewhat interesting, but here goes.. on my tablet I have both the default Chrome browser installed and Firefox too. The only reason I have the Firefox browser is because it supports Flash player, and whenever I need to view flash player content and I'm not at my computer, Firefox for Android comes in handy.
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
Google Chrome is the easiest for me, compared to Internet Explorer or Firefox the design of the browser is simple and easy.
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I used to use IE like everyone at one point until I learned that it was bad in more ways than one. So I switched to Firefox once I got my own laptop (about 5 years ago). Which was fine until a year later and my laptop kept lagging and being really slow. So I was on the lookout for a faster browser. I tried Safari (which, may I mention, is like, the slowest browser ever when it's not on Macs), Opera and lastly Google Chrome. I was so impressed with how smooth Chrome was and how lightweight it was. It didn't have any nasty toolbars at the top, had adblocker..bingo!

Now even til this day I use Chrome and I definitely would recommend it to anyone.

Old September 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I use Opera 12. I love the Presto engine and the sidebar. Unfortunately the new Opera is basically a Chrome copy so I haven't updated to that. I guess I'll just use Opera 12 until it becomes impossible to use anymore.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I use Opera. I just love it more, everythings nice. Turbo for faster connections on a slow network. Built in pdf, irc, ect. I dont know. I just like it Though the sometime crashes and internet connections are annoying.

I usually have trouble with chrome, plus it dosent look good to me. On android I use chrome though, thats good.

IE is usuable.

Old October 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Google Chrome seems to be the top dawg, I always accidently click the Internet Explorer Icon which takes foreveeeeer to open.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:42 PM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Wow, you people are so boring, as you all use Chrome, Firefox, IE, and any other mainstream Browsers.
I'm using ELinks.
Warning: Huge Screenshot.
Spoiler:
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Rezilia

Nature: Sassy
I prefer Firefox 3.6 but I lost it.

Now I use updated Firefox on this laptop and updated Chrome on the other.

Old October 8th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

I always use the latest version of Firefox, which it's currently version 24.0. Firefox is open source, customizable and pretty much anyone can contribute to the source code.

I have Google Chrome set as default on Windows 8 to use from the Start Screen, but I use Firefox most of the time.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Rainecho
-Music is My Life-

I always use Google Chrome. It's the best. Fast and simple. I have experienced Firefox and IE, but they're slow as hell.
Old October 12th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Chaval
#ForzaJules

Send a message via Skype™ to Chaval
I'm using Opera but I used to get along with Chrome Until it failed me and now I got used to Opera and I'm too lazy to change back to Chrome xD
Opera is really fast though and it gets the job done I am considering changing to firefox though...
To forget your love
Credits to Flushed for the amazing sig!
Old October 13th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I used to use Firefox but that changed when I discovered about Lunascape 6 and Opera. Just discovered that Lunascape can render the page in different engines(Trident and Gecko) and Opera is very fast right now. :D

Last edited by Nathan; October 13th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:38 AM
xSkye

Google Chrome it is :D
Haha just because IE has always been bothersome and firefox has always been slow.
IE just random closes on me way too much and firefox cant seem to handle flash very well.
Also does Chrome see to support the most things when it comes to webdesign and coding. IE fails on too many subjects and Firefox seems to display them in it's wicked ways xD

Chrome seems to be doing just fine for the time being :D

TEAM EVE!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links