The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old July 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Be Objective & Balanced
When making threads in D&D, you should be making threads with the intent of creating a nice, broad, and long discussion.

This is one of the rules for the titled sector. I've been feeling recently that this needs to stand out more (not necessarily be enforced more) because I've been seeing these threads crop up where there's very little room for discussion because the general conclusion that the majority (if not all) of the people would come to is essentially the same damn thing.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305461

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305195

Those are two examples though the latter isn't so bad I guess. But to me all that happens is that everyone goes and pours their hate (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea) into the party that pretty much everyone thinks is in the wrong. I just don't really see the point in it to be honest, I'd much rather see topics with a degree of controversy that would then allow for, you know, proper debates and discussions to take place. I mean sure, I can play the devil's advocate for those threads above but do you really want me to do that? Really?
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Vital
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
I mean, even if the everyone has the same feelings towards a topic, isn't it still possible to create discussion about it? Like how to remedy the situation, or something like that?
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Magic

Perhaps it would help if, rather than just posting information and commenting, the OP poses some questions with it?

That way people are more likely to put forward their ideas, rather than repeating other people.

For example, in the first thread, questions like "Should there be more warnings with repossession?" "What do you think the bank owes this woman?" "How would this affect your life if it happened to you?"

IMO that would help stimulate more conversation and debate.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Yes, the topic of the threads might be kind of, well, dumb, but it doesn't break any rules really. And to be fair, you can only ask so many questions when that's the topic. The OP should just include some more background information or ask more in-depth questions like what Swify mentioned. I suppose I could crack down on that, but I don't think closing/locking threads like that because they don't ask enough questions or "didn't stoke the fire" would be counterintuitive.

And if you took the time to notice, Scarf did just that, and broadened the topic some more. So there.

Last edited by Lance; July 25th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links