• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
Naughty nature isn't good for Xerneas, tbh, because its main STAB, Moonblast is a special move. It doesn't learn Play Rough either, though it does get some physical coverage moves. I'd use 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe.

Thanks! I wish I would've paid more attention to its nature before I continued the game, but I wasn't even thinking about natures at the time. I most likely won't use him that much, but I'd like to make it somewhat decent. I haven't put much effort into EVs because I was planning on transferring all of my trained Pokemon from Black 2, but Poke Bank had other plans. xD

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I hope this is the right place to ask:

Illusion copies the pokémon in the back of the party, right? Now, if that pokémon has mega evolved already, does Illusion copy the mega form or just the regular one?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Destiny Knot + Everstone is preferred because you have a better chance of getting an offspring with the nature you want.

my thinking was i have gibite with great stats but speed and wanted to use both items to pass onto a male with ideal stats proceed to breed with a HA.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Has anyone successfully used Knot and one of the power items together in breeding successfully?

It seemed to work for me in a similar situation to yours (31/31/30/x/31/x Ditto and x/x/x/x/x/31 Kangaskhan), but it could have just been luck. It can be useful to do this, but I would recommend doing it before you breed for Nature, for the reasons that PlatinumDude gave.

I hope this is the right place to ask:

Illusion copies the pokémon in the back of the party, right? Now, if that pokémon has mega evolved already, does Illusion copy the mega form or just the regular one?

It copies the Mega form:

80EhoL7.png

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
On Mega-Tyranitar is Ice Fang or Ice beam do more damage against suck Pokemon like Gliscor.

Mega-Tar is Adamant with 0 SPA IVs (estimated).

Ice Punch is Transfer only, so I don't have it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
On Mega-Tyranitar is Ice Fang or Ice beam do more damage against suck Pokemon like Gliscor.

Mega-Tar is Adamant with 0 SPA IVs (estimated).

Ice Punch is Transfer only, so I don't have it.

Ice Fang is a viable substitute over Ice Punch. Jolly is also preferred on Mega Tyranitar because with Adamant, it fails to outspeed base 130s like Jolteon and Crobat after a DD.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What is the best set for Yveltal?

Pick one:
-Dark Pulse
-Oblivion Wing
-Sucker Punch/Focus Blast/Foul Play
-Taunt
Nature: Rash/Mild/Hasty/Naive
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Foul Play
-Taunt
-Toxic/Sucker Punch (latter Impish only)
-Roost
Nature: Calm/Bold/Impish
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef (Calm) or 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef (Bold or Impish)
Item: Leftovers

or
-Dark Pulse
-Oblivion Wing
-Foul Play/Hurricane
-U-turn/Toxic/Focus Blast
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hope this is the right place...
Alright, so whenever I start a battle, I always send out Ambipom first. It's jolly nature, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 SpD. It's holding a king's rock and it's moves are Power Up Punch (for things like Shuckle) beat up (Ghost types, plus it stacks with his King's Rock and technician and because I always send him out first, it has saved me a few times due to it having a 60% chance of making the opponent flinch), double hit (technician, 20% chance to flinch because of king's rock and STAB) and fake out. Any thoughts on this, like how could I make it better?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hope this is the right place...
Alright, so whenever I start a battle, I always send out Ambipom first. It's jolly nature, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 SpD. It's holding a king's rock and it's moves are Power Up Punch (for things like Shuckle) beat up (Ghost types, plus it stacks with his King's Rock and technician and because I always send him out first, it has saved me a few times due to it having a 60% chance of making the opponent flinch), double hit (technician, 20% chance to flinch because of king's rock and STAB) and fake out. Any thoughts on this, like how could I make it better?
Mega Kangaskhan does Fake Out and Power-Up Punch abuse better than Ambipom can because of Parental Bond. Ambipom's main role is supposed to be a fast scout, but things like Noivern do it better. Return is also preferred over Double Hit because a miss from Double Hit can be costly.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Mega Kangaskhan does Fake Out and Power-Up Punch abuse better than Ambipom can because of Parental Bond. Ambipom's main role is supposed to be a fast scout, but things like Noivern do it better. Return is also preferred over Double Hit because a miss from Double Hit can be costly.

I forgot to say I'm battling in UU... but yeah you have a point, although Double hit has saved me a few times because of the flinch, it's also screwed me over because of the miss... thanks :D

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any good set for a physica Yvletal?

Yveltal should probably stick to special or defensive sets, but a possible physical set:

-Yveltal w/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Sucker Punch, Steel Wing, Dragon Rush, Hone Claws

Something like that. I just came up with that offa the top of my head, so its probably not the best thing ever. Too bad there's currently no Flying Gem in X/Y; Yveltal would probably make a good arcobatics user.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Lonely oddish

Got my first shiny and once again I got an oddish but it's a lonely nature.

How should I train my lonely shiny oddish?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Best set for both mega mewtwos (X and Y)

Mewtwo Y:
-Psystrike
-Fire Blast/Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Grass Knot
-Taunt/Calm Mind
Nature: Timid
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Mewtwonite Y

Or
-Psystrike
-Taunt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 Spe
Item: Mewtwonite Y

Mewtwo X:
-Low Kick
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Taunt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Mewtwonite X

Or
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch/Low Kick
-Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide
-Taunt/Rock Slide
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Mewtonite X

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Got my first shiny and once again I got an oddish but it's a lonely nature.

How should I train my lonely shiny oddish?
Defense is important for Vileplume, as it lets Vileplume switch into Pokemon like Primeape and Samurott more easily. Lonely lowers Def, and boosts a stat that Vileplume has no use for: Attack. As a result, it's a poor Nature. If you insist on using this Vileplume, perhaps this would be its best option:

Vileplume @ Life Orb / Black Sludge / Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Moonlight

Functions like a tank. Hidden Power Fire could be used instead of one of the last two moves if Vileplume has it. Still, Sleep Powder is a nice crippling move that would ensure Vileplume's usefulness in any battle, while Moonlight greatly improves its survivability. Be wary of weather negatively affecting Moonlight, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back