Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building
Reload this Page Moveset Help & Other Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2013 (10:16 PM).
I am legend
Team Kanto

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
If you're not patient enough to have Volcarona learn Fiery Dance (it learns the move at level 100), then go with Fire Blast. It has more power than Fiery Dance and Flamethrower; its accuracy is more acceptable than Blizzard, Thunder or the like.
Oh well. I guess I'll go with Fire Blast then. Saves a lot of complications, too.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (09:16 AM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Lax
I need help beating clay in W2. My team is all level 31 except for my ducklett who is 33. On my first try, I took out Crokorock no problem. Then I switched to my pignnite to take on excadrill but he 1 hit KOed it and the rest of my team. Any advice?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (10:08 AM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by mozartm99:
I need help beating clay in W2. My team is all level 31 except for my ducklett who is 33. On my first try, I took out Crokorock no problem. Then I switched to my pignnite to take on excadrill but he 1 hit KOed it and the rest of my team. Any advice?
Having a Water Pokemon with you helps against Clay. The best ones available at this point of the game are Psyduck, Huge Power Azumarill (obtained as Azurill in Flocessy Ranch) and Ducklett.

Old September 23rd, 2013 (11:38 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~
Team Johto

Correct me if i am wrong but an EXp.Shared Pokemon still gets all the EVS from a battle even if it didnt participate right?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:37 PM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
Correct me if i am wrong but an EXp.Shared Pokemon still gets all the EVS from a battle even if it didnt participate right?
Yes, a Pokemon holding the Exp. Share still gets EVs.

Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:48 PM). Edited September 23rd, 2013 by AdrianD.
Competitive Trainer
Team Kalos

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
Oh well. I guess I'll go with Fire Blast then. Saves a lot of complications, too.
If you have the poke. In join avenue you can train it to level 100. In the training dojos in there you can level up a pokemon up to 10 levels per day per dojo at the cost of 90k poke per day per dojo.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Team Kalos

Having a Water Pokemon with you helps against Clay. The best ones available at this point of the game are Psyduck, Huge Power Azumarill (obtained as Azurill in Flocessy Ranch) and Ducklett.
I am using ducklett but because it is part flying his Excadrill sweeps me. Same with pignite except he is fire. So should I just level some more or what?
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:08 PM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

I am using ducklett but because it is part flying his Excadrill sweeps me. Same with pignite except he is fire. So should I just level some more or what?
Just level the team some more. Evolve Pignite if you have to.

Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Scald Pokémon
Team Kanto

Nature: Mild
If you're using Ducklett you'll need to evolve it by reaching level 35. Swanna is faster than Excadrill and with a more powerful super-effective Water-type STAB you should have a better chance to faint it. Otherwise I'd select a Fighting, Ground or pure Water type that isn't weak to Excadrill's moves. Even Drilbur has a fairly good chance to beat it.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (05:00 PM).
Team Kalos

Yeah I tried using my excadrill and he 1 hit KO'd it as well. I guess I will just murder audinos for a while and try again.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (05:55 PM).
Competitive Trainer
Team Kalos

Nature: Serious
Is it a good Idea to bred ideal pokemon even if they arent perfect and compete them online?
Old September 23rd, 2013 (06:24 PM).
I hate Smeargle.
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

IV breeding is FAR better than just capturing stuff and selecting the one with the right nature. That's because chances are the stuff you capture has crappy IVs anyway. If you can't RNG and don't want to trade, IV breed. But the answer is generally yes.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 24th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
Team Unova

Nature: Careful
So i just bred a Timid Deino just a few days ago(It's now a Hydreigon), I was thinking of a powerhouse with decent speed, since it lacks power due to its nature what's a good item for him? Choice Specs or Life Orb?

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old September 24th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by TrainerNico:
So i just bred a Timid Deino just a few days ago(It's now a Hydreigon), I was thinking of a powerhouse with decent speed, since it lacks power due to its nature what's a good item for him? Choice Specs or Life Orb?
Actually both items are good for Hydreigon!
While Choice Specs locks to one move until you switch it out.
On the other hand, Life Orb has recoil and you might want to make it learn Roost by a move tutor in Humilau.
Old September 24th, 2013 (02:46 PM). Edited September 24th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it
Team Hoenn

Is your Hydregion a special attacker or a mixed attacker? If special, then I would recommend Choice Specs. Choice Specs raises your Special Attack stat by fifty-percent, which is a lot. If it's a mixed attacker, then Life Orb would be the best option. This item is able to power-up all of your moves, not just the special ones. Another item that you could give to your Hydregion is Expert Belt. This would increase your attack's damage by twenty-percent if your opponent is super-effective to it. Plus, it has no bad side effects at all!
Old September 24th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by TrainerNico:
Quote originally posted by Fiery Dash:
On the other hand, Life Orb has recoil and you might want to make it learn Roost by a move tutor in Humilau.
Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
Is your Hydregion a special attacker or a mixed attacker? If special, then I would recommend Choice Specs. Choice Specs raises your Special Attack stat by fifty-percent, which is a lot. If it's a mixed attacker, then Life Orb would be the best option. This item is able to power-up all of your moves, not just the special ones. Another item that you could give to your Hydregion is Expert Belt. This would increase your attack's damage by twenty-percent if your opponent is super-effective to it. Plus, it has no bad side effects at all!
Generally, Modest is the preferred nature on Hydreigon because 98 Speed, while good, isn't really the best. Also, a Timid nature makes a mixed set moot, so you're better off with a Sub + 3 attacks/Sub + 2 attacks + Roost set or a Choice Specs set. For Sub, use Leftovers if running 3 attacks or Life Orb if running 2 attacks and Roost.

Old September 24th, 2013 (10:57 PM).
Team Unova

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
Generally, Modest is the preferred nature on Hydreigon because 98 Speed, while good, isn't really the best. Also, a Timid nature makes a mixed set moot, so you're better off with a Sub + 3 attacks/Sub + 2 attacks + Roost set or a Choice Specs set. For Sub, use Leftovers if running 3 attacks or Life Orb if running 2 attacks and Roost.
Quote originally posted by Fiery Dash:
My Hydreigon is a special attacker and it is specially defensive(got a good IV in SpDef), thanks for the suggestions!
Old September 25th, 2013 (09:30 AM).
Team Kalos

I need and ice type move for the dragon gym cause I don't have a dragon type or any poke with an ice move. I am gonna get ice beam eventually but I cant get it soon enough.
Old September 25th, 2013 (10:20 AM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

I need and ice type move for the dragon gym cause I don't have a dragon type or any poke with an ice move. I am gonna get ice beam eventually but I cant get it soon enough.
Go for Blizzard. It's your only alternative for an Ice move at this point of the game; you don't even get the Ice Beam TM till you get to the Giant Chasm. If you have any Pokemon with you that can learn Ice Punch, pay 10 Red Shards to the move tutor in Driftveil City. If all else fails, go catch your own Axew in Mistralton Cave.

Old September 25th, 2013 (11:04 AM).
Team Kalos

Okay. I was thinking about getting an axew and then just spreading a few dark type moves throughout my team to compensate for not getting absol.
Old September 25th, 2013 (02:02 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Team Unova

Nature: Lonely
I want to make a Ludicolo, but can't decide on a attacking Swift Swim, or a Defensive Rain Dish Ludicolo. It would be for Battle Tower, PWT, or online battles. They both look pretty easy to make, just need to pick one.
Old September 25th, 2013 (02:17 PM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
I want to make a Ludicolo, but can't decide on a attacking Swift Swim, or a Defensive Rain Dish Ludicolo. It would be for Battle Tower, PWT, or online battles. They both look pretty easy to make, just need to pick one.
Both are equally good, but I'd suggest a Swift Swim Ludicolo because rain helps compensate for Ludicolo's average Special Attack:
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam/Focus Blast
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Damp Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

Old September 25th, 2013 (02:23 PM).
& having to receive it
Team Hoenn

Both of these are great sets. I've used both of them myself, and they're very fun to use. (: Anyway, do you already have a sweeper on your team? If you do, then I think you should probably go with the Rain Dish moveset. With Rain Dish, you'll be able to stall your opponent for an extremely long amount of time. And if you don't have a sweeper, then you should go with its Swift Swim set. Swift Swim doubles its speed, and after only a Swords Dance, it would be able to take out nearly all of your opponent's Pokémon single-handedly.
Old September 25th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
Team Kanto

Nature: Adamant
My question regards EV training.

I'm going to stop at Gamestop tomorrow to get the shiny Palkia.

Is it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon that has never been in a battle and how?
Old September 25th, 2013 (07:06 PM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Gameday:
My question regards EV training.

I'm going to stop at Gamestop tomorrow to get the shiny Palkia.

Is it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon that has never been in a battle and how?
Yes it's possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Gen V, just like any other lower leveled Pokemon.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links