The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric

Advertise here
Welcome to the Pokecommunity Minecraft fan club, Cardinal and wertcraft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Hey guys - we (me and Olli97) are looking into creating a Pixelmons server for PC and we're wondering how many people would be interested in joining were this to happen! For those of you that don't know, Pixelmon is a mod to introduce Pokémon into the Minecraft world and you're able to catch/train them and battle/trade with them, etc, and it's honestly a heck of a lot of fun. We'd like an idea of interest levels before going through with it though due to cost implications, so if you're interested then please let us know. :D
Even though I love both Pokémon and Minecraft, I haven't really gotten hooked on Pixelmon, or other similar mods.
I guess I just prefer to keep the two separate or something, I don't know.
But I will totally endorse your Pixelmon server once you get it up an running.

Old October 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
Username: Checkers (i share my brothers account, but soon I'll get my own. :D)
Fav Mob: Creepers!
Fav Item: Pumpkin pie. :D
Fav Block: TNT (yup)

Fav gamemode:
I love creative. I love build random things with all the blocks and such. :3

How cool do you think Minecraft is?:

I love it! Although, I don't think it will ever beat Pokémon or good ol' Crash Bandicoot. :3

I don't yet have a Minecraft account. But when I get one, Imma be KatLovesCreepers. :D

I usually play on PE, since I don't have a fast enough computer to even render tiny without getting a turbulence.

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old October 26th, 2013, 04:39 AM
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
Hey guys! 1.7.2 just came out. It's the update that CHANGED THE WORLD FOREVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Hey guys - we (me and Olli97) are looking into creating a Pixelmons server for PC and we're wondering how many people would be interested in joining were this to happen! For those of you that don't know, Pixelmon is a mod to introduce Pokémon into the Minecraft world and you're able to catch/train them and battle/trade with them, etc, and it's honestly a heck of a lot of fun. We'd like an idea of interest levels before going through with it though due to cost implications, so if you're interested then please let us know. :D
Me! I would love to join!

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
So how's everyone liking 1.7.2? Anyone explored the new biomes yet? Has anyone made anything cool with the new materials? Personally I've been busy playing on the new Nexus server so I've not had much time to explore the new worlds but I'm really excited to; I think I'll make that tonight's mission!
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
pokemonranger109
Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth

Location: Beside the Yolo guy in Kanto. (He said it before it was cool)
Username:Trojan_Kaisar
Fav. Block: Stone Bricks and Glowstone
Fav. Item: Diamond Pickaxe and Axe
Fav. Mob: Withers

BRING ME THAT AXE! -JeromeASF

I play on a server called Lava-craft, I have been there for a year and I have an awesome house.
If you play on that server go to the IP think it's Lava-craft.net or .com not sure but when you get there do /p h:2 Trojan_Kaisar
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Hello and welcome into the Pokecommunity Minecraft fan club, Checkers_Albino_Umbreon and pokemonranger109!
I am happy to see the club keep growing.
I promise that I will take a bit time soon to add some more features to the first post.
College, Pokémon X & Y, and other life events have been keeping me busy/occupied lately.
I have a few things in mind, but does anyone have some suggestions for sections to add to the first post of the club?

Old November 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
DizzleBlitz

Nature: Hasty
Username: DizzleBlitz
Console of Choice: PC-Windows
Favorite Block/Item: Bedrock, can be used to troll people on servers LOL
Favorite Mob: Horse, yahh!!
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I don't suppose anyone knows a good Pixelmon server? I've been trying to find one for a while but they're all soooo laggy which makes it so hard to play properly haha.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity

Username: Danté Solablood
Console of Choice: Console? PC of course!
Favorite Block/Item: Minecart, if you can't build a redstone circuit to operate that machine for you... you can usually bodge-it together with a minecart & some pressure rails!
Favorite Mob: Oscellots, they spawn in jungles at any height & are take no falling damage... the one pet I couldn't kill on my sky base 200 blocks up. I thought.

I play a lot of Minecraft and have done a wee bit of recording in the past. I've just been invited to the Malevolence Server, my LP series SHALL return!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Welcome to the Pokecommunity Minecraft fan club, DanteSolablood!
It's neat that you have a LP and mod/resource pack feature channel on Youtube.
I'll be sure to check it out when I have some free time.

Sorry Ozzy, but I don't know of any good Pixelmon servers.
My nephews used to play on one, so I'll try to remember to ask them.

Old November 25th, 2013, 05:44 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
For some reason I've kinda stopped playing Minecraft, my laptop sort of gives up when I start playing it, but I have one or two questions:

1) What's the "feed the beast" mod like? Is it good? What exactly is in it?

2)Has anyone else had the problem where if they want to access Creative mode in the middle of a survival game and they open their game to LAN, blocks have to be removed by the appropriate tool afterwards? I had loads of problems with this in one of my words, where I couldn't remove stone or things because no pickaxe...

Deceased:

Old November 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Nature: Relaxed
Username:Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Console of Choice: PC (Windows)
Favorite Block/Item: Minecart
Favorite Mob: Horse

Havn't been on for a while with playing X (is the new update with Savannah, clay wilds out yet?)

I love building minecart rail systems or automated farms. Most people I know have it on X box 360 so not done much multiplayer.

Old November 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5

Minecraft 2 gud

Username: earth boy
Console of Choice: PC - Windows
Favorite Block/Item: How could I possibly choose!? If I have to though, I'd say the Beacon (Haste II is ridiculous!)
Favorite Mob: Baby Zombie Pigman =3

Multiplayer-wise, I'm a big fan of Vanilla Raiding servers, which I'd say is my favorite "game mode." Other than that, in singleplayer I love creative for its convenience involving large builds and redstone/farm testing.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Since Zameric is MIA, I added the new members to the first post. Welcome to the club, everyone!

Quote:
1) What's the "feed the beast" mod like? Is it good? What exactly is in it?
Feed the Beast has a lot of different options, depending on what you're looking for. I started off with the "Lite" pack, which is pretty much the introductory pack for the mod. There's different ores, different tools, and different trees to use from what I remember. (It's been a long time since I've played FtB.) Other packs add a lot more, and you can choose from packs with more animals and farming mods or packs with more machines to build and magic to play around with. I think there are extra biomes in some packs as well, some of which are simply beautiful.

It's a good pack to have when you're really bored with vanilla Minecraft, which is the reason why I downloaded it. I wanted something different to do in the game, and Feed the Beast was the best way to go because of the variety.
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

OTL

I'm so sorry for being inactive!
I was just really busy with college and my part time job.
Thank you Astinus, for adding the new members to the first post.
I'm on break until mid-January, so I'll try to be more active.

Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer and Earth Boy!

What is a Vanilla Raiding server, EB?

I haven't played around with FTB yet. I probably should since I'm on break now from college.

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Username: TD.
Console of Choice: PC.
Favorite Block/Item: Diamond Sword.
Favorite Mob: Chicken.
Old December 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Zameric
The One and Only

Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, TD!
How long have you been playing Minecraft for?

Old December 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Skybro
Pure Epicness.

Username: Skybro
Console of Choice: PC
Favorite Block/Item:TNT
Favorite Mob:Wolf
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Hi to all new members!

So let's start talking - what's everyone's favourite mod to use in Minecraft? What does this mod add and why do you enjoy it so much? And for anyone who prefers not to use mods, why do you prefer to play this way?
Old December 16th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.
Old December 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.
Ohh interesting, I may well take a look at that! What can be done with the ores, just the general armour/weapon sets or some cool new things? I really like the idea of having a simple mod to make a few more interesting changes to Vanilla Minecraft without propelling it into the realms of Tekkit or FTB or whatever - it can get pretty tedious but Vanilla has always been my favourite way to play. I can definitely get on bored with sprucing it up a bit without making it seem like a completely new game mode.

As for me, I have three favourite mods (/mod packs)! The first, as most people probably know by now, is Pixelmon. It's such a creative way to play Pokémon and it feels so much more 'real' than the Pokémon games; it may be a bit buggy/limited right now but I can see it becoming something truly incredible, especially with the modifications people have made to it on their own servers. My other two favourite mods are WorldEdit (sooo useful) and Hexxit, though I've not actually played the latter so much as watched loads of Hexxit Let's Plays on YouTube so I'm not sure it's worth commenting much there haha. Would definitely love to do some of these in a multiplayer scenario in the future if anyone's interested.

And just a heads up - keep your eyes out for a Pixelmon event coming to PC within the next few months! Details to follow at a later date. ;)
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, TD!
How long have you been playing Minecraft for?
I have been playing Minecraft for about 1 year and 9 months.

Quote:
So let's start talking - what's everyone's favourite mod to use in Minecraft? What does this mod add and why do you enjoy it so much? And for anyone who prefers not to use mods, why do you prefer to play this way?
My favorite mod is the one and only:

OPTIFINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love what this mob does to Minecraft. It improves the graphics and textures so much. However, the problem is my computer is so bad that it won't even allow me to download Optifine and then play all the other mobs which I like to play. So yeah However, I have played with Optifine for a while on my friend's computer.

Other than that I like Divine RPG, Mo Creatures and Orespawn Mod. Divine RPG adds so many weapons and stuff and it's just plain awesome! Mo Creatures is the first mod that I had ever played and I love it due to the variety it adds to the game. Ore Spawn is a mix of the two but is slightly smaller than Divine RPG.

I do like modpacks but only a few of them work for me. My personal favorites were Tekkit Classic and Yogbox, However both of them have stopped being developed. I like Hexxit but I can usually play only a minute of it until my computer lags for the next 1 hour. In other words: I really need a new computer.

Last edited by Chocolate™; December 16th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Username: Knormageddon
Console of Choice: PC, but perhaps one day, PS4 as well.
Favourite Block/Item: Favourite block would probably be brick block/spruce planks, as both together make a great looking house. Item... Ender pearls are pretty sweet. :]
Favorite Mob: Wolves are favourite passive mob (Well, if you wanna call them passive...), while the Ender Dragon is my favourite aggressive mob.

I hope to get a Minecraft series going one day. I've played this game along time now, and I get excited with every update that comes out. However, if that was to happen, I'd need a little help from TD's favourite mod, Optifine. My computer can run Minecraft just fine, but when it comes to recording, it slows down a little bit, and I can only imagine that Optifine will help that.

EDIT: Playing through the PS3 demo of Minecraft, I've forgotten how much I love the stone brick block. Such a lovely block.

Last edited by Knormageddon; December 20th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:03 AM
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
What is a Vanilla Raiding server, EB?
Vanilla speaks for itself: the untarnished game, no mods. (Really I prefer Semi-Vanilla, where mods that prohibit x-ray techniques are present. But I said Vanilla for simplicity.)

Usually servers have commands such as "/home" and "/spawn" to make travelling to and from specific locations easier. Most servers only allow one home -- or base -- per user. Raiding is where no one's base is safe. All users can raid everyone else's bases without punishment. It adds a higher difficulty to Hard mode, for not only do you have environmental hazards and mobs against you, but other players as well.

Things get even more interesting when you team up with others. You gain and lose allies (sometimes at the cost of materials), but the teammates who stick it out for the long haul end up your closest friends on the server. The trust and communal aspects of this mode are great, and often overlooked.
Old December 20th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm bored and wanting to play MC - probably on the Mineplex or Hive server. Anyone want to join and party with me? We can rule at hunger games or just chill in the arcade, I'm not picky!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here