The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old July 27th, 2013, 10:08 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Hm...actually, I'll withdraw my reservation. It's not so much because of lack of interest but rather because I want to see where it will go with someone else. And...well, because I'm not exactly sure of the direction I want to take with the SU, and it's better that the space remain open for someone with ideas in place than for me who's brainstorming.
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Also erm, I read the rules and the game mechanics, and they both contradict each other at one point. So just to get this straight, are we allowed to capture Pokemon ourselves, or do we need your approval? Also, since we all live in Kalay, surely we must have some kind of knowledge of each other? :p

Anyway, SU BELOW; (to be completed in the very near future!)
Name | Samantha “Sam” Harjo

Age | 17

Gender | Female

Starter | Misdreavus, Female; Egg/TM Move: Aerial Ace

Appearance | Sam is on the higher scale of the average height sector for a 17 year old, being 5’7”, and her weight is... well, I guess average to her height. Sam’s skin is just like anyone in the majority of Tobyan - perfect caramel tan shaped through years of playing and living under the stubborn hot climate. Hair-wise Sam has a distinctive yet modest bowl-cut-kinda fringe with straight bangs alongside and long, flowing black hair behind (think Maya Fey from Ace Attorney). Her eyes have a chocolatey-brown colour and there’s a slight cut on the right side of her lip. Her physique isn’t macho but Sam does possess ‘muscles’ on her legs and arms because of her active lifestyle.

Concerning clothing Sam just wears whatever that fits comfortable with her, whether it may be a male or female apparel.

(What kind of clothes do people in Tobyan wear? I’m guessing like Native American stuff but it would be great to hear more details. Thaaaanks o 3o)

Personality | Sam brims with confidence, and she doesn't let anyone or anything take her ego down.

History | (you can be born anywhere in Tobyan, but you have to have lived in Kalay for at least the last few years. You can talk about how you first met your first pokemon, why you've become a pokemon trainer to go on the race to collect the medallions, etc )

Theme | Up on a hill, is where we begin, this little story, a long time ago...

Last edited by Nauje; July 30th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
@Scyke - I don't understand how that error came about, but, I meant to change that.. earlier; you're allowed to capture pokemon without approval, and I'd decide on the initial level, pretty much.

Anyway, I've read the SUs up to this point;

@amerininja - Alrighty, I'll accept you as Shinx, just as long as you're active!

@The Noob Hacker - Are you sure you still want to stick with Swablu (on account on someone reserving it first) Because if not, Munna and Staryu is still available~ Other than that, your SU is pretty much excellent!

@kosuke - your History and appearance is pretty much okay, but try to flesh out your character's personality more; other than him being timid... how does he interact with pokemon? That, pretty much.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
@Scyke -

@amerininja - Alrighty, I'll accept you as Shinx, just as long as you're active!

Worry not Miss Doronjo, I will be!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive

[ Piper McAdam ]

Name | Piper McAdam

Age | 19

Gender | Female

Started | Shae | Petilil | F | +Ingrain

Appearance | Piper is a cowgirl through and through, the large cowboy hat on her head is the first thing that hints to that. She wears a buttoned thick brown skirt often seen on the few active female ranchers about. The buttons are undone for easier Ponyta riding, with a thin underskirt to ensure modesty. Piper wears a simple cream blouse, sleeves usually rolled up, a lavender neck scarf, very light and simple, and a pair of cowboy boots on her feet. She has a sturdy belt around her waist with two big bags for supplies and a lasso on her right side. Normally she’d carry the rest of her stuff in saddlebags, but since she doesn’t have the money for a Ponyta she also has a satchel-bag for bigger supplies.

Physically Piper is not a big girl, she’s 1.65m tall and weighs very little due to a combination of borderline malnourishment and a physically heavy life. This does allow her to even ride the smaller Ponyta, as her weight is rarely a burden. She has a straight figure, with barely any breasts or hips to speak of. She has a small round face, with brown eyes, thin lips, and a small upturned nose. Her skin is light, spotted with freckles, and prone to burning, which is where the hat and sleeves come in handy. Her hair is strawberry blonde and wavy, but she usually keeps it tied up in a braid for convenience. Though her size (and, for most, her gender) might make her look weak, Piper has thick muscles hidden beneath the clothing. She is very proficient as a cowgirl and one does not succeed in that line of work without the strength to back it up. Her thighs are strong from riding and her arms from doing lifting a d handling cattle. Piper can hold her own quite well, thank you.

Personality | Piper is stubborn as a Tauros. Tell her she can’t do something, she will. Start something and she will finish it. If she sets her mind to something she’s like a dog with a bone, she simply won’t let go. Someone once told her she couldn’t be a cowgirl, and so she became one. She’s fierce and hot-headed, not one to forget or forgive an insult. Piper couldn’t give a Ratata’s ass about acting like a lady. She wears her modest skirt because she has to, as a legitimate rancher, but she’s not afraid to hike it past (gasp!) her knees, and she’d just as soon change it for a nice pair of pants if she had the chance.

Besides being a stubborn hothead Piper is also very impulsive. She has very little preservation instinct and often chases whims and damns the consequences. This has gotten her in a lot of trouble before but she’s too stubborn to learn from it. She’s young and with that comes that strange feeling of invincibility. One unfortunate characteristic is that Piper’s racist. She’s always been taught that the Indians were barbaric and cruel people who raided the Rancher’s cattle, and then after her father’s death it was truly cemented. Indians were despicable and it was a good thing the Ranchers had taken their land. Truth be told, they frightened her, even if in all her life she’d only seen one or two from afar.

Piper has always been one of the boys at the ranch, and the boys have rubbed off on her too. She’s loud, swears like a sailor, and burps freely after a meal. She’d be a disgrace to many an uptight rancher family around. She does have a way with Pokémon though, no one can deny that. She’s always had a gift for handling them and approaching them.

History | Piper was born to John and Annie McAdam, a family living in the Kuroku Gulch. John was a cowboy who made a modest income working for a ranch, but that did mean he was hardly ever at home. His work meant he’d be away from home for days at a time, but he was still Piper’s idol. Piper had never been one for being a lady no matter how much Annie would have liked that, and it was always her dad who was the star of her life, she could spend hours listening to the stories he told about his work. When she was 6 he bought a small frail Ponyta for her so she could learn how to ride like him. Her mother didn’t approve but there was no stopping little Piper from riding the Ponyta whenever she could. It started with just a slow walk but soon Piper was galloping her little Pokémon up and down the town in a frenzy. She was known was the weird McAdam’s cowgirl. From that time onward she’d spend about as much time on her Ponyta as with her feet on the ground.

Whenever John was home Piper would ask him to teach her certain ranching things, like throwing a lasso and how to properly take care of both cattle and mounts. It was Piper who was hit the worst when one day John just didn’t get back. One of the Tauros had shied from a wild Pokémon and ran into the woods close to a known native village. John had pursued the Tauros but he had not returned, the Indians presumed to be the cause. Piper was 13 at the time and unruly as ever. With no man to bring in the money Piper was determined to do things herself. She went up to the ranch, belong to Mr. Abernathy, and close to demanded that he take her on as a cowboy instead of her father. Of course at first he laughed her off, Mr. Abernathy had a large booming ranch, he could afford to hire the best of cowboys, why on earth would he hire an untrained girl? He did feel a certain pity for her, as he’d been on good terms with her father, and he allowed her to much out the stables for a few coppers an hour.

It wasn’t much, but it bought enough food for a meager living, and Piper never gave up on her dream of becoming a cowgirl. She practiced her lassoing every day and made sure to always do her job diligently. Whenever the cowboys were at the ranch she asked them to teach her things. Most brushed her off, but there were always one or two guys who’d have the time and kindness to help her. Two years of plaguing later Abernathy finally agreed to let her on as underpaid worker, to try out her skills. She always made sure to work twice as hard as the men, and her gift with Pokémon was certainly an asset. She became one of the guys and the regulars didn’t think twice about the fact that she was a girl. All the work also evolved her Ponyta into a Rapidash and she couldn’t be happier. Of course, such happiness couldn’t last.

When she had just turned 19 Mr. Abernathy died of a sudden heart attack. Having no sons to inherit his property it went to his brother, who’d already owned a ranch of his own. Abernathy’s brother believed a woman’s place was in the house, and not on the field. He fired her promptly. He also confiscated her Rapidash, not believing it to be hers, as the ranch had its own stables filled with Rapidash for the cowboys. This broke her heart far more than losing her job. She went around knocking on any Ranch’ doors looking to find work elsewhere but no one had room or faith to take her on. With money dwindling her mother decided they should pack their things and move to her sister’s in Kalay, where they might find a solution to their problems. A solution that would probably be made with Piper’s marriage, she knew. Her aunt Bettie was an old-fashioned person, and during her stay there their wills clashed often. Piper’s only reprieve was with a small Petilil that had her mother had bought for her on the way to Kalay with the few spare coppers they’d have, when she’d seen how miserable her daughter was. But perhaps, with the help of the Pokémon, Piper might turn her future around yet.

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Ohhh, I really love that character Swan. :3 Accepted with Petili!

For the rest of the people who reserved; try to get your SU as soon as possible, okay? ^^ I'dlike to put up the actual IC tomorrow afternoon!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Popping in to reserve that Staryu slot. I have a bit of work to do, but hopefully I will be able to get it in today or tomorrow.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old July 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

Nature: Calm
Apologies, I was not aware of the prior reservation of Swablu. Whoever it is that reserved it can still put it as their starter in their SU, but until then I want to hang on to it, if that is of no concern. Once the person who reserved Swablu writes their SU, I'll switch. But switching at this point would be rather difficult considering Kosuke has already taken Munna and still has a chance to revise his SU and be accepted and Staryu has just been reserved again. So, for right now, I'll leave my Pokemon slot empty (however I'm not going to edit my history just yet) and decide how to proceed once all of the reservations and such are sorted out.
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

In the case of two or more people who reserved the same pokemon, I'm going to be looking at the quality of the SUs, and decide on the best from there. Just so you know~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Kranic

Name | Castor Garnet

Age | 17

Gender | Male

Starter | Staryu (M) + Thunder

Appearance |
Castor is a Tobyan native through and though. Like most natives he has the same recognizable dark hair and skin. His eyes have an attractive nature to them and despite being brown, certain lights make his eyes appear almost red. His eyes are common along his father side of his family, making it very clear he is his son’s child.

Castor stands at around 5’10, still having a few years ahead of him to grow. His build is overall fairly average for a boy his age in Tobyan. A fair amount of bulk, but nothing too freakish or really surprising in anyway.

His outfit on the onset of his journey is composed of a brown button up shirt, a pair of black pants, and a pair of red boots. He fashionable wears a black belt to his side, which has a small red sack attached to his hip which usually contains things that he would need quick access to, such as apricorns. Along the belt are small pockets which contain other small but useful items. Over his shoulders is a thick red shawl which Castor is particularly fond of, though tends to be a problem in hot environments.

Personality |
Castor is a fiery youth. He is high energy and his life revolves around this aspect of him. He’s quick to make decisions and as such is very goal focused. If he decides on something, it will happen if it has any say in it. In a way this makes him both impulsive and a bit mischievous.

His mischievous nature tends to get the best of him as the general story that occurs when he does get in trouble for his nature, he ends up having to rely on others to get him out of the situation. This has led to a number of lectures in that Castor has promptly learned to properly ignore. This shows Castor’s pompous nature. When he decides something is right, he will stick to it, until he feels it’s clear he is wrong. To get Castor to change his mind on in issue takes colossal force and usually is not worth it, most will say it is better to manipulate his first thoughts on an issue if you wish to get something done with him.

Castor is a man of his word, so when he tell you something, it will be his bond, regardless of how ‘good’ or ‘bad’ it may seem. If he is told to steal something, he will do it immediately or he will just reject the proposal and leave it at that. He isn’t one to lie to get his way.

Because of his family history, he doesn’t have a strong opinion on The Ranchers and prefers to judge them individually than as a group. That said, he has had enough bad experiences with The Rancher to prefer to stay away from them than enjoy their company.

Castor has one huge goal in life right now: to become a star in Tobyan region. He will do whatever is required to get that done.

History |
Castor’s family are natives to Wanako and originally part of the Onako tribe. Castor’s was once a famous jeweler amongst them during his youth. However, over the years, the tribe began to grow dissent towards Castor’s grandfather and his family because of his decision to take his gems to Dalia in order to trade sacred Onako goods. Once day, after returning to the tribe with gold and other goods purchased from The Ranchers, Castor’s family were exiled from the tribe, forbidden to return to the Onako or Wanako in itself. Stripped of their name, reputation, Castor’s family decided to take the name Garnet, after the jewel that has consistently brought luck into their name and they most prided themselves after. They left Wanako and decided to travel the world as nomads, trading whatever goods they got their hands off. Castor was born a generation after the exile, so he never really had an opportunity to see Wanako, in fact that land is the most mysterious to him, as he has been to the rest of Tobyan throughout his life.

Castor was born in Suijin causing a halt in his families traveling. Shortly after his birth, a local shaman came to the Garnet family and provided them a young Staryu as a gift for their fortune in having a good birth. The Shaman explained that the young Pokémon was destined for the boy and the two would make for a good pair as they grew older. He also felt it was a fitting Pokémon for the familiar garnet in the center of the Pokémon’s core. The shaman’s words came out to be true as the two came to be mirrors in a way. The young Pokémon proved to be highly energetic and a fiery soul, despite being a water type. It would go out of its way to cause trouble and was honestly a huge pain to the family. In addition to Castor’s similar nature the two were known as a huge nuisance during their early years. However, as time went on, the two became great assets to the Garnet family.

When Castor final came to be of age, he decided to chase after the six medallions with the hope of bringing fame to his family name, as well as proving that he himself is a great person. As a child Castor was particularly gifted in his ability to calm Pokémon and while growing up his parents were able to tell that he had what it took to be a great Pokémon trainer. So when it came time that Castor came to them with his proposal, they were quick to accept, as they knew this time was coming for a long time. Castor came to his decision while his family docked in Kalay. After saying goodbye and being given some supplies, he and his Staryu, Pollox, were left in Kalay to begin their adventure as representatives of the Garnet family.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Old July 29th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Accepted your SU, Kranic!

For the rest of you, get your SUs in soon, because I'll put up the first IC post soon!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:46 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
oh. i already updated my SU
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Kranic

Anyword on the status for the first post in the IC?

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
excited for this to start

Sponsored Links

Advertise here