The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I eat meat myself. Having grandparents that supply us with fresh farm meat that isn't full of steroids is awesome, although we get stuff from the store when need be.

Plus if I didn't eat meat I'd be missing on bacon. Mmmmmmmmm.... *drool*

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old August 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Darkroman

Nature: Adamant
I'm a carnivore, pure and simple. I can't live without real hamburgers, ribs (pork or beef), hotdogs, chicken, bacon, sausage, turkey, pepperoni, and sometimes ham.

I eat my vegetables still. I always feel good after eating some broccoli.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I'm almost a vegetarian, lol. I still eat any seafood that isn't boiled alive, since I live with my parents and they don't really like that I want to be a vegetarian, because it means they can't eat steak for every meal anymore, so I have to at least eat some sort of meat for them I guess. I have absolutely no desire to go back to eating any of the meat that I've dropped... it's just disgusting now. Not tempting in the slightest anymore.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 28th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I eat meat but I like white meat or fish more than red meat. I have it from time to time too, though!
I find meat is an easy way to get protein and other vitamins in my diet, and whilst I know you can get it from beans, spinach, etc, the nutrition content isn't exactly the same, and I feel it'd be a bit difficult to me to try and plan my meals around vegetables solely- especially when I'm not bothered about buying or cooking meat. It seems like Sainsburys, Waitrose, or M and S doesn't even sell plain hard or soft tofu. Just small little bits of this pre-packaged/cooked spicy tofu stuff. (I can't have spicy.) Bummer. Chickpeas are good but high in carbs and fat, but also high in fibre, so that's cool too. I rather have a turkey wrap with a bit of hummus spread on a pita though!
I like meat though, so I wouldn't want to substitute it in my own diet unless I had to.
Old August 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I only like spiced meat or meat with very strong flavor (pepperoni, salami, bacon), but I think meat without any flavoring is disgusting. Hamburger, porkchops, non-breaded chicken, non-breaded fish, all disgusting. The only time I'll eat chicken or fish is if its got a thick coat of batter or spice. Taco seasoning makes hamburger meat amazing.

I feel bad about it though, and I always side with vegetarian logic (which makes me kind of a hypocrite), but it's the staple of my diet. Almost everything I eat is some sort of meat product. Plus my mom controls what food we buy and there's no way I'm convincing her to go vegetarian again.
Old August 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
I do eat meat.

I personally don't see the point in depriving myself nutritionally because I feel a certain way about an issue. I don't believe that eating meat is necessarily wrong nor do I really see any significant health benefits from refusing to eat meat that isn't cancelled out from the complications that can arise if you don't get enough protein in your diet. We are omnivores by nature; and therefore we can eat anything that we find palatable. Usually things we find palatable are also things that (should) contain things our body needs. (This doesn't include junk foods which are engineered to taste good and contain minimal nutritional value)

I'm fine with people who; for health reasons; only choose to eat white meat, only seafood or a combination of both without eating red meat. I don't find that reasoning to be flawed, and I don't find any diet modification that includes some meat intake on a semi-regular basis to be unusual. I just don't see any significantly logical arguments for being a vegetarian or vegan myself.

I don't think down on those who do choose to be vegetarian or vegan though. I just don't understand it and don't choose to be that way myself. I don't believe it's impossible to correct one's diet and avoid having too much meat anyways. Meat need not be in every meal. I can go as long as a week without meat provided that there's sufficient nutrition substituted for it, although I personally prefer having at least one meal a day featuring some meat in some way; even if I opt for no meat at any other meal in the day.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old August 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I don't eat a ton of meat but I don't think it's something I could completely cut out of my diet. Usually if I have a meal with meat it's something chicken-based. My mom cooked a lot of chicken meals when I was growing up so it's my meat of preference. I've been pretty turned off by ground beef over various things I've learned about the food industry over the last few years, but I still have my occasional cheeseburger from fast food restaurants.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 30th, 2013, 03:12 AM
AngelKeldeo

Nature: Modest
I dunno what I'd do without bacon, it's too good.
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
If I sit down and think about the killing of animals, then I do feel remorse. I don't however try to do that at all my meals, and thus, do eat meat.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Icecream_pokemons
Y u hate on icecream pokemon?

Nature: Mild
I am a vegaterian I will never eat meat! Why? Lets take a chicken. Imagine being in a hot room crammed with so many other chickens that you have no room. Then your body becomes to heavy for your legs because of drugs so your legs break. Then you get sent to a slaughter house were you a boiled alive. I can never eat meat I have read to many horrors of meat that I can never go back. Also did you know that the grain fed to the animals could be used to feed hungry people? It's true. I don't miss meat and I love beans so I eat those a lot and I'm completely healthy and against meat. I don't see how people can go with eating meat and not feeling guilty

Last edited by Icecream_pokemons; September 5th, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

I do. Just another apathetic soul with the fortune to be born human, left to trifle some moral conscience over my (in)actions as an individual.
Old September 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream_pokemons View Post
I am a vegaterian I will never eat meat! Why? Lets take a chicken. Imagine being in a hot room crammed with so many other chickens that you have no room. Then your body becomes to heavy for your legs because of drugs so your legs break. Then you get sent to a slaughter house were you a boiled alive. I can never eat meat I have read to many horrors of meat that I can never go back. Also did you know that the grain fed to the animals could be used to feed hungry people? It's true. I don't miss meat and I love beans so I eat those a lot and I'm completely healthy and against meat. I don't see how people can go with eating meat and not feeling guilty
It's just what people do and have always done. In the distant past human needed to hunt down prey to eat. Then the domestication of certain species for consumption (chickens, cows, pigs, goats, etc.) came into being. These animals provide copious amounts of dairy and meat from a single entity. "Why chase the food when you can make it come to you?"

Here's a video of the amount of effort it used to take humans to hunt. Humans literally did, and a few still do, chase the animal for hours on foot until the animal can't flee anymore. Here's a video of a few men persistence hunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

---

I personally eat a lot of meat. Love me some medium-rare steak!
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM
PrettyFly

I'm eating meat. But only chicken. I hate other meats.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
No smoked chicken for the rest of my life? Are you kidding me? I'd rather die. :(

I'm probably the one in my family who loves it the most. Although I'm not as big of a fanatic now, I live eat and breathe meat. Sausages, lamb, pork, duck, honestly who can't live without that stuff? It's amazing and I don't plan on being a vegetarian anytime soon. The thought of bacon or smoked chicken just makes me incredibly hungry and they're ten times better than cabbage or what not. :p

I'M A LEMONDOG.
you can find me on plug.dj
the battle server | skype
rawr
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
I meant to stop, but I can't help it. Our ancestors ate meat, it's in our blood! I refuse to eat meat which has been tortured before-hand, though.

Even then, people don't listen to me and buy me a strange burger. The result?

I ATE IT!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'm not a vegan, and I'll probably never be. I eat meat every single day.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old September 5th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Penta Penguin
You will refer to me as Pentarou.

I do eat meat quite a lot, mostly fish, chicken, beef, pork and steak. They taste even better if marinated in honey, as I found out one time my Ma bought pork chops marinated in honey, but they don't do them now

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
I eat meat for almost every meal I have. The meats I love are chicken, beef, fish and the occasional pork. Don't forget the fruits and the veggies! I'm not a huge fan of veggies, but I don't dislike them either. I don't eat salad though. Fruits, on the other hand, are deeeelicous. It's a must for me to have my share of fruits everyday. This is what my typical meal looks like: meat, veggies and rice with fruits after.

Random trivia: My favourite fish in the whole wide world is salmon. Yum. <3
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:43 AM
anhlong1122

As a guy who lift weight, I eat a lot of meat :3
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:09 AM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
I have a really strange eting habbit. I for some strange reason cant stand the taste of pork,homade chicken, and any other meats. YET I LOOOOOOOOOVE BEEEEEF. GOLLY. Theirs chilly dogs, hamburgers,pepporoni,chille stew,chille frito pies ahhhhhhhhh. I hardly if not EVER eat vegatables nor fruits. yes its unhealthy but I feel perfecty fine Stranger still I actually dont mind the taste of skinny green beans and peas. And potatoes are OF THE CHAIN! Oh and while I hate chicken I LOVE fast food chicken and boiled chicken. yumm. Bacon is good too but only if its hard and burnt. n I also love hotdogs too. (Cept corndogs. those things are nasty) I also love the sausage on pizza.

Last edited by xseed; September 6th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Whisbii
→ Persistence

I'm not too much of a meat eater and I do not really care for most meat. I am skeptical of eating any type of meat that consist of a bone and if I does or if it has fat I will not eat it at all. Yeah, I am a picky eater, but I see nothing wrong with it. The only two meats I will eat are breast chicken and thin beef meat. I'm not comfortable eating things that come from a animal, but I will eat the two items I listed so I would not be able to consider myself a vegan. However, if I were to be a vegetarian I do not think it would be too bad. I see it as bad that I do not eat large amounts of meat because it is a big loss in protein which we all need.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links