The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
So. I see a lot of people that are apparently misanthropic online and, to a lesser extent, in real life. What are your opinions on humankind? Do you loathe this species, or think humans are a plague? Why do you think there is so much misanthropy? What is the state of humankind in general?
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Esper

Some days I really hate people. Usually it's when I'm tired and stressed and have little tolerance for the idiosyncrasies of everyone I have to interact with. People can be terribly inhumane and wretched, but I think that if you educate people, provide them with basic necessities, give them respect and opportunities to better themselves, then they're not so bad.

So, yeah, I think it's just that people get caught up in day-to-day things. Lots of us have to struggle in one way or another so we have to think of ourselves first or we'd go crazy. It's just an unfortunate side effect that it means we shortchange other people in the process.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's easy to love to hate people, but at the end of the day we all need one another <3
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
There's a reason why deities, extraterristrial life, and artificial intelligence belittle humankind in TV shows, movies, video games, and comics, because we are the most violent animals they have ever laid eyes on. We've been a violent species ever since the day we've walked on Earth thousands of years ago by driving animals to extinctions, slaughtering each other for our views, and overpopulating our presence around the world thus leaving very little resource to maintain it. It makes you sympathise with the antagonists who plan to either wipe out the whole species in general or recreate the world in their vision and view humans as the real villains because of how they keep reusing the whole human spirit nonsense that's being shoved down our throats. We're also too lazy to fix the problems we create when they promised they'll do something about it soon, but the problem grows worse a few years later.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I generally dont really like people. I think that sometimes they expect too much and are too selfish and impatient and can rude/not nice to others. Thats really the problems I have with people. Honestly if I can avoid talking to people unless nessesary I do so.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Silais
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
Human beings are very difficult to deal with because we all have very unique personalities and are all dealing with our own problems in our own ways. A lot of times, other humans annoy me, but I actually love people and want to work with them as a career.
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:20 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
We're one of the few species that actually have wars with each other and kill each other in vast numbers. The only other species I can think of that do this are ants and chimpanzees.

I think that speaks volumes about humanity.
Old July 31st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Maybe it's cuz we found out the trick to survival - kill your competitors!

From that perspective, it's only rational that we take things to the next level.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:16 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I think the problem here is that we want to change, but everything thinks "I'm just one man" whereas if everybody went and changed together at the same time it would run relatively smoothly. We're stuck in an entropic rut, we want to do as little as possible and sitting here just over a notch in the road is this massive downhill section that requires even less effort the further down you go.

This is why I hate people.

Spoiler:

Oh and those people that play their music from their phones on the train.
And the elderly that demand respect but give none in return
And those who think they're entitled without pre-requisite.
And people who are rude to waiters and waitresses.
And people who do things
And people who are similar to myself but have a slightly more outwardly self-involved attitude.
People who are overly modest
People who think that I want to talk to them on public transport
People who urinate in public rather than walking 10 metres to a vacant bathroom
People who don't indicate when turning
People who willingly copy something they found on the internet
People who get overly attached and dependent on me

I'm going to spoiler this.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Do we actually hate people, though? Or are we just throwing around a word we use too casually? Hate carries a strong connotation. And, not to be mean, but I can't help but notice that the anti-social crowd tends to be the biggest bastion of so-called misanthropy. Try empathizing with people, you might warm up a little.
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
New Eden
Ascension to heaven
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I don't hate humankind. For me there are a lot of positive and negative aspects that causes it to be a 50/50 kinda thing.

Old August 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
"Misanthropy is the general hatred, distrust or disdain of the human species or human nature"

I don't hate every person I walk past on the street just because they're human and I hate people, in fact i'm usually neutral or inclined to behave positively to the them if they're polite and courteous. I was raised to a certain standard of behaviour and if those around me also reach that standard then i'll think highly of them. If a person or group of people don't behave in a way that I deem suitable then I will certainly look down upon them with simmering disdain.

There seems to be a large portion of humans that are ignorant, stupid, hateful, disgusting, greedy, violent, mean, prey upon other humans for gains, think nothing of morals or showing kindness, doing the right thing, etc. I hate those people, and there are a lot of *******s in this world, why they choose to behave like that I don't know. I see a lot in real life, it isn't just the internet which allows such people to be much more vocal and obvious. But for each bad person there is meeting a genuinely good human being means so much more, I don't hate the whole of humanity, just some parts, even if it seems we are being swamped by the negative aspects just one ray of hope can keep me going

@Livewire i'm probably what you call anti-social and yes I seem to dislike a few people most have no problem with but I keep it to myself for the most part.
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
daigonite
too much water
Community Supporter

I don't think people are inheritly terrible but I avoid people because I don't really enjoy being around them, and I don't really understand most people. Most people you can point up to something and they'll look just to see what you're pointing at, instead of questioning why you're pointing. People are amazingly naive creatures and I think that's their greatest downfall.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

Here's the thing.

I don't hate people in general, I hate very few individuals, but technically... we are a horrible species.

From my point of view, the world would be in a much better place had we not evolved so well, if we hadn't made lucky discoveries so early and if we didn't have an intelligence advantage over other animals. It is pretty clear, hopefully to everyone, the humans are impacting the world and slowly killing it off.

Draining resources isn't necessarily bad, but destroying habitats to get to it and polluting the environment is.

So, I do not hate people but I hate the inevitable influence on the world that we have.

Does that even make sense.

Sponsored Links