Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Transport!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 31st, 2013 (05:03 AM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by Blue.
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
So obviously we know that a new method of transport has been introduced into Pokémon X and Y and that is Roller Skates and riding Pokémon, this lead to people believing that these features was a substitute for the classic Bicycle. However in the latest trailer we can see the player riding a Bicycle through the streets of Lumiose City!

Are you happy to see the return of the Bicycle and the new transport features? Also do you think there will be any extra methods of transport? Discuss!
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:06 AM).
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Roller Skates, Bycicles and Pokemon, oh my!!! I can't believe we will be able to ride on all of these. This will be very cool, although I'll probably be very nostalgic and ride my bycicle most of the time. For extra methods of transportation, maybe the could include skateboards, or a surfboard if you don't wanna use Surf. These can be some pretty good ideas.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Click here for information about my Super-Secret Base.

Message me if you've added me.
Old July 31st, 2013 (06:38 AM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

wailord blimp please

i like how her hair is flowing in the wind
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:14 AM).
ffet

We already know about:
  • Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Well the new trailer proved that there are train tracks, so I'm assuming that there will be a train.

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm glad that the bikes are returning, even though I only used them in Gen. 3... What I'm wondering is why there are new methods of transportation in the first place?
Old July 31st, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
We already know about:
  • Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Well the new trailer proved that there are train tracks, so I'm assuming that there will be a train.

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm glad that the bikes are returning, even though I only used them in Gen. 3... What I'm wondering is why there are new methods of transportation in the first place?

Diffrent places you can reach with diffrent methods I'm assuming. Or...Some methods can't be used in some areas so the new ones might be able to be used in those areas.

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 31st, 2013 (08:34 AM).
L-let's a-go...!
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
I rarely used the bike after Gen IV (mainly because of HG/SS's Follow-Me feature), so I'm not too fussed about transportation. Still, it is nice to see that the bike will be returning. And by the way, have roller skates been confirmed? Because last I checked, they were just kind of a theory, backed up by that one video clip (that really doesn't prove it, in my opinion)...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ NNID: skyluigi
☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

☆ Paired with Tsutarja

Old July 31st, 2013 (08:42 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Is it just me, or does the bike look really ugly? .-. Just a nitpick I guess, but it doesn't matter. I still prefer utilizing rollerskates, and I'm hoping there might be even more means of transportation than the ones we've been presented with so far. n_n

» my dreamiverse
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:27 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

I think because of it being a new addition I'll mainly be using the Roller skates as often I would the Running Shoes, I never bother with the Bike either tbh.
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:31 AM).

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
We already know about:
  • Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Spoiler:

if i remember right it been confirmed in e3 that we can ride rhyhorn and it will help pass through rocky roads
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:45 AM).
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'm just hoping riding Pokemon is more than just Gogoat in Lumiose.
Old July 31st, 2013 (10:02 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Austin1395:
I'm just hoping riding Pokemon is more than just Gogoat in Lumiose.
During the E3 Press Conference, a trailer was shown where the player was riding a Rhyhorn which may suggest it's more than just Gogoat that you can ride.
Old July 31st, 2013 (10:41 AM).
Trubbish in the Classroom

Nature: Hasty
No Cadillac? Pff, not playing this piece of trash.

Goals: Play with friends much more often, catch every Pokemon ever released, make my character resemble myself, breed excellent Pokemon and share with friends.

Old July 31st, 2013 (11:33 AM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Could anyone send me the link to this trailer? And well, the bike seems kind of derpy imo. :3
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old August 4th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
Lametrainer

I was hoping they would replace the generic sprites seen when surfing, diving & flying but then we see the same generic surf sprite but as a model
But I consider riding Gogoat a good way of compensation I hope I can ride it anywhere & anytime & not just in city streets.
Old August 7th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Ammako the Crazy Cat Lady
Silver Tier

I want to ride my biCYCLE I want to ride my biiiike, I want to ride my biCYCLE I want to ride it where I liiiike

I wonder if the roller-blades and the bicycle will have different uses in the games? Just like how the Acro bike lets you pass the white ramps and the stepping stones and the Mach bike lets you pass over crumbling floor and climbing sand slopes.
It wouldn't be too bad if they both did the exact same thing and just existed for customization's sake, but I would like seeing certain areas that can only be accessed by using the roller blades and some areas only accessible with the bicycle.
Old August 7th, 2013 (12:43 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Honestly I think the Roller Skates just replaced the Running Shoes. We have Bike which should be faster than Roller Skates and Roller Skates should be faster than walking.
Old August 7th, 2013 (12:52 PM).

I'm curious if we can ride in the blue car. Maybe it could work like a Taxi? The thing on the top looks like the things on top of taxis.

Also, on the map the train tracks look like the go underground. So maybe its like a Subway, though I have no idea where it could go, or what would be the point when you could just use fly.
Old August 7th, 2013 (01:26 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by crystalzapdos:

I'm curious if we can ride in the blue car. Maybe it could work like a Taxi? The thing on the top looks like the things on top of taxis.

Also, on the map the train tracks look like the go underground. So maybe its like a Subway, though I have no idea where it could go, or what would be the point when you could just use fly.
You cannot fly to a place you never visited. So if there is an area that can only be visited by the Railway then it could be exclusive to that. I don't remember if you can fly to Anville town so they can make it to where you can't fly to the location that the train tracks are supposed to take you.

Also depending on where you are, like in Gen 2 and its remakes maybe you are limited to where you can fly based on regional boundaries.

A lot of people seem to think that that railway leads to Unova since there is an unused train track on the unova subway map.
Old August 7th, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Gentle
I know that they were planning to have a skateboard as well as a bicycle in Gold and Silver, but it never materialized. It would be interesting to see if they ever include that in a Pokemon game. It doesn't seem too far off considering they have roller skates now. I think it would be cool if they had the extra transportation be able to allow the player to reach places they wouldn't be able to without it.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old August 7th, 2013 (02:12 PM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Apparently you can grind on railing with the Roller Skates, now THAT I would like to see! It would probably be the equivalent of jumping down from ledges maaaybee idk. ;;
Old August 7th, 2013 (03:01 PM).
멘붕

I'm really loving all of the little extra things you can do. The extra modes of transportation are awesome.

Do we know if there are running shoes in the game or did the roller skates completely replace them? It would be kind of redundant to have them both.

I'm also curious to see what pokémon you can ride. I wonder if it'll be limited to just a few select pokémon or if you can ride anything that could logically carry the player.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 7th, 2013 (04:06 PM).

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
A lot of people seem to think that that railway leads to Unova since there is an unused train track on the unova subway map.
Lots of people thought that it would go to various places in B2/W2. It's doubtful we'll ever find out where these rails go.

Quote originally posted by AkameTheBulbasaur:
I know that they were planning to have a skateboard as well as a bicycle in Gold and Silver, but it never materialized. It would be interesting to see if they ever include that in a Pokemon game. It doesn't seem too far off considering they have roller skates now. I think it would be cool if they had the extra transportation be able to allow the player to reach places they wouldn't be able to without it.
I'd like something like the Acro/Mach Bike, but I'm not really sure what would be an exclusive area that you can only reach with a Skateboard, other than something like Cycling Road, but for Skateboards. Even then, it seems like a lot. There's the Bike, Rollerblades, and Running shoes, seems like the could just do the same stuff they'd do with a skateboard with a Bike or Rollerblades.

Quote originally posted by Andr3w:
I'm really loving all of the little extra things you can do. The extra modes of transportation are awesome.

Do we know if there are running shoes in the game or did the roller skates completely replace them? It would be kind of redundant to have them both.

I'm also curious to see what pokémon you can ride. I wonder if it'll be limited to just a few select pokémon or if you can ride anything that could logically carry the player.
I could be wrong, but I feel like there was a scene in a trailer with the charecter running though a flower patch.
Old August 7th, 2013 (04:31 PM).
Fly Away

Nature: Calm
I'm a bit confused by the role of roller skates in the game. If there still be Running Shoes and the bicycle, then are the roller skates an in-between thing, speed-wise?
Whatever the case is, I'm sure that it'll be amazing. I'm also looking forward to riding Pokemon. That sounds really cool.
Old August 7th, 2013 (04:40 PM). Edited August 7th, 2013 by CmdrEggnog.

As for the train tracks mentioned earlier, I can remember there being the same thing in... Goldenrod City was it? I wonder where this set of tracks leads, because the other end isn't visible on the map.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

And to add on, riding different types of pokémon (examples: Gogoat and your family's Rhyhorn) get you through different types of obstacles (rocky cliffs etc.). I want to see how GameFreak utilizes that.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old August 8th, 2013 (04:46 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

But Unova and Kalos are completely different regions, the Routes are reset, different continents etc. I just can't see Kalos connecting with Unova in any way other than via air tavel and even that is unlikely IMO.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)