The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Sounds fun, I'm in!

Username: Inkblots
Game: FireRed
Ultimate: Yes

Planned team (chosen using random generators mostly, because I like a bit of surprise, haha):
Spoiler:

1. Jolteon
2. Rapidash (you have ranches, right?)
3. Rhydon
4. Farfetch'd
5. Seaking
6. Charmander

Looks like I'll be going for quite a while with only one pokemon, lol

Day 1:
Spoiler:

Decided to name all pokemon after towns/cities in Alabama that start with the same letter as the Pokemon's name

- Got Charmander, named him Cherokee
- Beat Brock
- Found rare candy in Mt. Moon and used it on Cherokee
- Caught Spearow so I can trade it for Farfetch'd in Vermillion
- Got the snot beat out of me by Misty's Starmie several times
- Beat rival
- Got past Nugget Bridge
- Got stomped by Misty a few more times
- Beat Team Rocket grunt
- Headed on to Vermillion City
- Traded Spearow for Farfetch'd (who will be named Fyffe in my head, since I can't change his name). Yay another pokemon!
- Finally beat Misty

Team:
Spoiler:

Cherokee
Lvl 36
Dig | Mega Punch | Secret Power | Metal Claw

Fyffe
Lvl 10
Peck | Sand-Attack | Thief

Last edited by Inkblots; August 11th, 2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:34 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
FIRST UPDATE (no picture because i am using mobile right now, sorry )

-started my adventure as Yveltal
-chose Blaziken, the Torchic, as my starter
-defeated May @ route 103
-caught Breloom, the Shroomish, @ petalburg woods
-defeated gym leader Roxanne
-caught a Nincada for HM purpose
-defeated May @ Rustboro city
-caught Aggron, the Aron with Rock Head ability, @ granite cave
-Breloom evolved into a real Breloom
-defeated gym leader Brawly

Current Team

Aggron the Aron (Lv 17)
-Metal Claw
-Mud Slap
-Iron Defense
-Headbutt

Breloom the Breloom (Lv 23)
-Mach Punch
-Mega Drain
-Leech Seed
-Headbutt

Blaziken the Torchic (Lv 21)
-Ember
-Scratch
-Sand Attack
-Peck
-Fo
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
OMG! I just caught my last Pokemn, Swinub and want to go train it. First encounter: SHINY EKANS!!!

Too bad there is no space to fit it into the team .
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Update #5

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

Spoiler:

Petilil!
Petilil • Petilil • • Level 46
Eviolite • Own Tempo
CutFlashReturnEntrainment

A true Alabamian!
Fluffee • Whimsicott • • Level 47
Soothe Bell • Prankster
HurricaneThiefPsychicPoisonPowder

Crimson Tide striker!
Ferrum • Aggron • • Level 48
None • Rock Head
Dragon TailTake DownDigSurf

Team mascot!
Mammoth • Haxorus • • Level 50
None • Rivalry
Rock SmashSlashDigRock Tomb

The marching musician!
Mongo • Zangoose • • Level 49
None • Immunity
X-ScissorDigClose CombatShadow Claw

A plushie Pokémon!
Zorua • Zorua • • Level 35
Lucky Egg • Illusion
Fury SwipesPsychicDigShadow Ball

Progress

After defeating Skyla, I decided to train my Zangoose in Celestial Tower. After a couple of wins, Zangoose leveled up and learned X-Scissor, which made the rest of the climb extremely easy. Next, I rang the bell and descended back to Mistralton City to board Skyla's airplane. After arriving in Lentimas Town, I did a quick level grind outside of Twist Mountain. It was during that time that I found out I couldn't catch a Drifloon there... The only way to catch one is by a 4% chance encounter in a Hidden Grotto on Route 13 . When I was done level grinding, I met up with Bianca inside Twist Mountain. Thankfully she healed my Pokés after every battle, which made traveling through Twist Mountain a breeze. After finishing up the mountain, I battled Hugh in Undella Town and pulled off a win. I got an Aggron after that battle :3 My next stop was Route 13, in failed hopes of finding a Drifloon... So I decided that I won't get Drifloon and headed south to Route 14 and Undella Bay for training. After defeating every tainer between there and Route 13, I went to Lacunosa Town and met up with Bianca and the Professor. I was given a myth lecture and soon found myself battling Zinzolin and Team Plasma with Hugh. When that was finished, I battled every trainer from Route 12 to Opelucid City, which was when I got my Haxorus. I managed to defeat Drayden on my first try (still not sure how I managed that) and scared Team Plasma out of the city when they froze it. During that time I decided to replace Drifloon with Zorua. After all of that nonsense I was told to go to Humilau City through the Marine Tube , so that's what I did (and Wailord was in there :3).

Next Up: Route 21 and Plasma Frigate

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Third update! Got all eight of Johto's badges, and I'm currently about to face the Kimono Girls.
Spoiler:
  • The red gyarados wasn't too bad, I think. Tacklian (sudowoodo) walled it pretty well, if I recall. In hindsight, I should've caught it for Waterfall (especially since the ultimate rules don't allow my goldeen to learn it).
  • Did the Team Rocket stuff with Lance in Mahogany with little trouble.
  • Now, the guy isn't blocking the gym anymore for some reason. So we go in and reach Pryce. I think this was surprisingly the toughest gym battle! Dixian (togetic) took care of Seel easily, but Dewgong was quite a bit sturdier and stronger. Also, Pryce used an item. I don't really remember what happened, but three pokémon ended up gaining experience from it. Piloswine was another problem; again, three pokémon gained experience from it. In the end, I think Dixian was in the yellow, three others were in the red, and the battle-ender was still green. We didn't lose anyone, but it was the craziest battle I've had this run. And so, the Glacier Badge was aptly earned! ^-^

• Outside the gym, Elm told us about a Rocket broadcast or something, so we get over to Goldenrod. Our infiltration of the Rocket-infested Radio Tower was somewhat ruined by a meddling nobody. I recall lots of leaving to heal at the Center. Blasted poison.
  • In the underground, we defeat that meddler. He wasn't too difficult, thanks to Dixian's strong finish.
  • Eventually, we reach the observation deck of the tower and beat Archer. He often gives me problems, but I think Favian (umbreon) was the hero here.
  • With that distraction wrapped up, we head east from Mahogany into the Ice Path. Here, we finally catch the sixth member of our team, Spirian (swinub), playing the role of The Mascot. He's at a significantly lower level than the rest of the team, so I return to pick up the Exp. Share. Also, so... many... golbat! D:<
  • We make it through to Blackthorn, and I start exploring the mountainside route south of the city, as well as Dark Cave. After a bit of training, I eventually get Spirian evolved into a piloswine, teach it AncientPower using my only Heart Scale, and evolve it once more into a mamoswine. I also realized that this game has phanpy/donphan instead of teddiursa/ursaring around this point. Aww, it would've been fun to use donphan as the mascot. I think I could've taught it Avalanche too. Oh well.
  • Back at Blackthorn Gym, we face off against Clair. She's usually my trouble gym leader in this game, but I think I did alright considering past experiences. With some healing items on both sides, Spirian defeated her gyarados. He also did a great job stalling against Kingdra! Hydro Pump missed like three or four times, and I Endured one. What luck! Also, Rock Tomb lowered its Speed, which is probably useful. After Spirian fainted, I think I had Favian come out to weaken it/confuse it/lower its accuracy. I switched out to Pelouchian (cyndaquil) to get a Defense Curl + Rollout combo going. With this, Kingdra goes down. So does her first dragonair, but not before getting off a Thunder Wave. Rollout did a good chunk of damage to her last dragonair before Pelouchian was taken out. Rhythian's Blizzard wasn't so lucky, though she survived a Thunder. The paralysis was not nice, though so I think I had Favian and/or Tacklian finish off the battle.
  • Being Clair, we don't get the badge, but we have to do stuff in the Dragon's Den first. So we do that and get the Rising Badge! ^-^ Finally!
  • With eight badges, we return to Professor Elm and pick up a Master Ball. He tells us the Kimono Girls are waiting for me in their dance theater, so... that's where I am now.

The team so far:
Spoiler:

NamePelouchianDixianTacklianFavianRhythianSpirian
RoleThe PlushieThe AlabamianThe StrikerThe FavoriteThe MusicianThe Mascot
Level404040404035
GenderMMFFFM
NatureDocileQuietBoldQuietSassyRash
CharacteristicOften dozes offOften scatters thingsAlert to soundsQuick to fleeHates to loseStrong willed
AbilityBlazeSerene GraceRock HeadSynchronizeSwift SwimSnow Cloak
ItemShell BellChoice SpecsQuick ClawBrightPowderSilk ScarfHard Stone
Stats98/64/49/64/56/72106/43/87/92/98/45118/84/116/35/67/45133/65/103/67/116/6390/69/66/43/66/65127/102/75/64/51/73
MovesSwiftExtrasensoryFaint AttackSecret PowerHorn AttackStrength
RolloutShadow BallLow KickTail WhipSupersonicRock Tomb
SmokeScreenFlamethrowerDigFlashBlizzardEndure
Defense CurlAncientPowerMimicConfuse RayAqua RingAncientPower

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Inkblots

My day 2 update:
Spoiler:

- Beat rival on the SS Anne
- Beat Surge
- Started battling my way to Lavander Town, at which point Fyffe decided to stop being cooperative
- Caught a Voltorb to teach Flash to so I could get through Rock Tunnel
- Got Eevee, named him Jasper, bought a Thunderstone, and evolved him into Jolteon
- Found rare candy in Rocket's hideout and used it on Jasper
- Beat Giovanni
- Beat Erika

Team:
Spoiler:

Fyffe the Team Mascot
Lvl 32
Fury Cutter | Sand-Attack | Thief | Knock Off

Cherokee the Plushie
Lvl 49
Dig | Mega Punch | Cut | Metal Claw

Jasper the Favourite
Lvl 29
Helping Hand | Sand-Attack | Growl | Quick Attack
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Started it some minutes ago.
Day 1
Spoiler:
-Named my character Sydian
-Picked Cyndaquil as starter
-Got the PokeDex
-Beat my rival

I'll update again later.
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Inkblots

Day 3 update:
Spoiler:

- Found rare candy in Pokemon Tower and used it in Jasper
- Realized I had Calcium in my bag that I hadn't noticed and used it on Jasper
- Got through the Pokemon Tower and received the Pokeflute
- Decided I'd head on down to Fuchsia City to get some more of my team.
- Found iron on route 12 and used it on Fyffe
- Headed over to Fuchsia
- Found protein in the Safari Zone and used it on Jasper
- Caught Rhyhorn, but he didn't have the "Rock Head" ability
- The second Rhyhorn I found ran away, the third I caught (after using up 10 safari balls), luckily she had "Rock Head". Named her Roanoke
- Got the Good Rod and caught a Goldeen, named her Shiloh

The Team so far:
Spoiler:

Jasper the Favourite
Lvl 35
Volt Absorb
Helping Hand | Sand-Attack | Double Kick | Quick Attack

Roanoke the Crimson Tide Striker
Lvl 25
Rock Head
Tail Whip | Stomp | Fury Attack | Scary Face

Fyffe the Team Mascot
Lvl 37
Keen Eye
Fury Cutter | Sand-Attack | Thief | Knock Off

Shiloh the Marching Musician
Lvl 15
Water Veil
Tail Whip | Water Sport | Supersonic | Horn Attack

Cherokee the Plushie
Lvl 51
Blaze
Dig | Mega Punch | Cut | Metal Claw

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
cy3ry2

Quote:
- Traded Spearow for Farfetch'd (who will be named Fyffe in my head, since I can't change his name). Yay another pokemon!
- Finally beat Misty
sorry to bother, but how did you get farfetch'd before you beat misty?
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Inkblots

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy3ry2 View Post
sorry to bother, but how did you get farfetch'd before you beat misty?
Should you not be able to? It's been so long since I played FR and I'm not following a walkthrough or anything... I am using a ROM, which said it was unaltered, and I did overwrite a previous game where I had just beaten Misty... so I don't know? If I'm not supposed to be able to get at the Farfetch'd at that point, then either something glitched or the ROM isn't actually clean.

Sydian, do you have any issues with me continuing on anyway?

(If it makes a difference, I'm just playing for fun, not prizes. I didn't end up using Farfetch'd in the battle with Misty, and I've downloaded a new ROM just in case there are alterations somewhere)

Last edited by Inkblots; August 16th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Rauzo
Daddy Fat Sax

Ok let's get this show on the road!

Spoiler:
- Enter weird house, promoted by Drayden's alter ego Prof. Rowan to choose a name. I had "Yellow" set up for am ultimate mono electric so yeah. Rival's called Price. I know you're here, stop hitting on british girls :p
- If I were the rival's friend IRL I would probs make him drive and have all the traffic lights turn red for 5mins just to see how he would shake up and internally explode
- Chose Chimchar. Lost the rival battle lmao. He's getting HM slaved now....
-....so I traded in an egg, which evolved into this cutie: . Named him Rick for various reasons, 1. he is round and rolls a lot like a rick roll and 2. he is fat and round like Rick Ross. Hatched him with blizzard by accident, this'll come in handy!
-boring jubilife clown chasing activities. Caught this beauty: . Called her Camellia.
- Camellia got to lv13 and knows mega drain.
- Poor Roark, poor poor rock type gym. However Camellia is lv18 now!
- Beat team Galactic a fair few times. I must say I love them more than I remember. They seem to just make a mockery of their job much like a clown or a disney child star going through puberty would.
- Why is lv17 Purugly a thing.
- No why is it actually, no one cares about cats in the pokemon world aaa
- Had to reset a lot and won by getting it poisoned via Camellia and spamming Super Potions.
- blah blah eternia blah blah free healing
- Camellia is lv24 why aren't you a roselia yet
- Here's another thing: I was legit wondering how I was going to beat Gardenia. Rick is too slow (relaxed nature!) and Camellia is...a budew.
- Did it in the end! Rick managed to beat Cherim and Turtwig with some Blizzards, before falling to Roserade. Paralyzed Roserade with budew, before getting a +6 Growth on and spamming Mega Drain. It was a 9HKO, but I won so idk.
- Tried to make my way up the Eternia Galactic HQ but I lost to the scientist w/ Kadabra because Ice Ball actually has 30% accuracy in my game.
- Went to the Old Chateau and rescued the team mascot from the tv, introducing the lead player: Named him Terry after a series of names I invented for each of Rotom's formes when they were first released.
- Stunktank was much more manageable than Purugly, Stun Spore + Confuse Ray + Ice Balls did their thing.
- Got an egg. Tried to eat it, won't hatch. Need to walk so I can my feast.
- Camellia is lv29, but it won't evolve yet asdfsffgsdfdg
- And onwards I go to get my 3rd badge!

Rick (Spheal) ♂ | The Mascot | Level 30
Relaxed Nature | Ice Body
Water Gun | Encore | Ice Ball | Blizzard

@ Soothe Bell
Camellia (Budew) ♀ | The Alabamian | Level 29
Bashful / prissy entitlement refusing to evolve Nature | Poison Point
Mega Drain | Growth | Water Sport | Stun Spore

Terry (Rotom) ♂ | The Band Member | Level 23
Bold Nature | Levitiate
Shock Wave | Confuse Ray | Uproar | Double Team
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Comet7
Star of the show

Update #4!!!
Spoiler:
I go though the routes to Veilstone and get some levels. Mayleen's Lucario was annoying. I'll be going back to the tower place to get whatever is in there because I forgot about it.

Team:
Spoiler:
Luna - Umbreon - Female - Mild - LV. 31
Return
Cut
Confuse Ray
Tail Whip

Sol - Ponyta - Male - Jolly - LV. 30
Take Down
Tail Whip
Growl
Stomp

Astra - Lopunny - Male - Relaxed - LV. 30
Jump Kick
Thunder Punch
Falcon I mean Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Corona - Eevee - Male - Naughty - LV. 28
Tackle
Growl
Helping Hand
Sand Attack
Old August 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
cy3ry2

Quote:
Should you not be able to? It's been so long since I played FR and I'm not following a walkthrough or anything... I am using a ROM, which said it was unaltered, and I did overwrite a previous game where I had just beaten Misty... so I don't know? If I'm not supposed to be able to get at the Farfetch'd at that point, then either something glitched or the ROM isn't actually clean.
you should be ok, i was just wondering because i wanted a farfechtd before misty but i realised you cant. you should be ok, just make sure sydian says so for sure
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Day 2
Spoiler:
-Easily beat the Sprout Tower Cyndaquil
-Beat Falkner

Also can Mareep be considered as a true Alabamian?
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
waters_echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy3ry2 View Post
you should be ok, i was just wondering because i wanted a farfechtd before misty but i realised you cant. you should be ok, just make sure sydian says so for sure
Uh, no, you can get Ch'ding the trade-farfetch'd before you beat Misty, just head to Vermillion after you get the SS Ticket instead of heading to the Cerulean Gym.

Anyway...
Username: Waters_echo
Game: Crystal (though with updated move stats and trade-evo via randomiser)
Raffle: I might have those games, but wi-fi is a no-go. So nope.

Petlil!:
Either jolteon or umbreon
Alabaman:
Fearow (male) (Alabama bird is the Yellowhammer, and they have long beaks and a red 'crest'/hairdo)
Striker:
Scizor (non-ability gen, haven't used one before)
Mascot:
Donphan
Musician:
Seaking
Plushie:
Cyndaquil

I'm just really wondering about "No room for HM Slaves in the final team, but feel free to use them until you've gathered all 6 Pokémon."
Because while Waterfall is fine (seaking learns it by level up, so sure) and surf is strong enough to warrant teaching it... you kind of need whirlpool to get the eighth gym badge (and only the eighth badge)
So I have a choice between... what? Waiting until post-8 to get my Petlil!eevee or teaching seaking a third water attack that will be used only once?

And now you know what I do when I get bored~
(read: have far too much fun with overlay layers)
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Username: Kanea.

Game: Heartgold.

Ultimate: No.

FC: A bit later.

Team:

Spoiler:
1. Petillil!

2. A true Albanian !

3. Crimson Tide Striker!

4. Team Mascot!

5. The Marching Musician!

6. A Plushie Pokemon!

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:31 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Here's a huge update since I didn't do one for like 14 days.

I finally defeated May and arrived in Mauville City and I did a bit of grinding before facing Wattson, which I won thanks to Hariyama (Which evolved right before the fight with May).

I caught Swablu & Zangoose at the same route (Just like how I caught Aron & Makuhita on the same route >.>)
I named my Swablu, Boo. Since it's my girlfriend's favorite Pokemon (Just like Sydian)
And I named my Zangoose, Zaochen (I don't know why).
I realized how good of a physical attacker Zangoose really is with Sword Dance + Strength.
I defeated Flannery, Norman & Winonah and right now I'm at Lilycove city where I went to Shoal cave to catch myself a Spheal that is level 32 and I was lucky since it's level is on par with the rest of my team.
Also, Aron evolved into Lairon & Makuhita evolved into Hariyama.

Badges Obtained:
Spoiler:

Current Pokemon Team:
Spoiler:

The Plushie Pokemon!
Tifa, the Treecko♀, level 32
Secret Power, Screech, Mega Drain & Quick Attack

The Crimson Tide striker!
Lairon♂, level 32
Iron Tail, Iron Defense, Mud-Slap & Take Down

Petilil!
Boo, the Swablu♀, level 33
Fly, Take Down, Steel Wing & Sing

The marching musician!
Zaochen the Zangoose♀, level 32
Leer, Quick Attack, Sword Dance & Strength

A true Alabamian!
Hariyama♂, level 32
Return, Focus Energy, Sand-Attack & Vital Throw

Team mascot!
Clapper, the Spheal♂, level 32
Surf, Body Slam, Aurora Beam & Hail
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
I finished my challenge, I lost to Iris 6 times, so I got a little mad before finally winning.

Team
Spoiler:

Good Luck to everyone else.
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Janp
Audino master

This is interesting

Username: Janp
Game: White 2
Ultimate: No
Gen V FC for raffle: No thanks

Planned Team
Spoiler:

Petilil!

It's Petilil

A true Alabamian!

I heard that there are alligators in Alabama...

Crimson Tide striker!

Best choice (for me) for Pokemon with Rocky Head.

Team mascot!

Super cute

The marching musician!

It can play the guitar!

A plushie Pokémon!

Never started with Oshawott, so now I can try him

Progress so far:
Spoiler:
- Named Janp, Rival Hugh
- Chose Oshawott for starter, nicknamed her Lil and win against Rival
- Do starting stuff...
- Beat Cheren with Oshawott
- Went to Virbank City and beat Roxie (Oshawott survived with 2 HP)
- Did PokeStar Studio stuff and saved

Team:
Spoiler:

Oshawott - Lil
Female, Lv. 19, Quirky nature
- Razor Shell
- Water Gun
- Fury Cutter
- Focus Energy
Old August 18th, 2013, 07:37 AM
cy3ry2

Quote:
Uh, no, you can get Ch'ding the trade-farfetch'd before you beat Misty, just head to Vermillion after you get the SS Ticket instead of heading to the Cerulean Gym.
oh, im sorry i never knew that. I guess i should make sure i know before i post . Sorry!
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Gotten further on Pearl whilst being driven to Belgium - have reached Snowpoint gym already but couldn't update with the awful WiFi here haha. Unfortunately I can't remember the huge majority of what happened since it was a few days ago now that I last played, but my current team consists of a Piplup (it's a pain not evolving it!), Luxray, Bastiodon, Onix (need someone to evolve him please!) and Snover (newly caught in the Snowpoint routes so haven't had much chance to use him yet; chose him as the Alabamian Pokémon as I know nothing about Alabama but all of the Google Image results returned a lot of trees!). Piplup started out wonderfully and has learnt some great moves, but he's really not great in a team full of much stronger Pokémon - the no evolving rule is tough! Luxray and Onix have both been pretty decent but nothing special, they're the main attackers of the team but are leaving a lot to be desired and Onix especially is levelling up very slowly. Bastiodon is one of the more recent additions to the team because I was stuck trying to find a tusked Pokémon, but he's decent enough. I levelled him up a lot (alongside the others) in the Iron Island and he's been performing decently, but he's certainly not the best on the team. Snover hasn't yet had a time to shine since I've only had him for two routes but he's good enough so far - the Hail is getting pretty annoying for the other team members though (not that his ability matters in the snowy routes).

I've covered Plushie, Petilil (kinda), Tusked, Footballer and Alabamian so far so I'm now going to find a Marching Band member before taking on Candice. I'll use Snover to kill things until finding the final member and hopefully it won't be too low a level (I'm expecting Seaking will probably be the final resort), so I'm thinking it'll be an Abomasnow soon which should provide some nice extra power for him. The challenge so far has been tough but I've been using a lot of things that I wouldn't have before and getting around some of the problems so far has been a lot of fun, but somewhat can't wait to get it over and done with haha.

The only problem I can remember so far has been the Steel-type gym as he's always a bit of a poop to defeat, especially given the Pokémon I've been using which are far from ideal for it (having both Onix and Bastiodon is becoming irksome!). But I made sure to over-level in Iron Island (Luxray was somehow a beast here) and it's carrying me pretty well so far so hopefully there won't be any more problems to come. A little worried about Cynthia as her Garchomp will destroy half of my Pokémon in a pinch, but we'll see! Also desperate for a Flyer now haha.

Team
Squiggles (Plushie) - Level 44
Dash (Petilil...ish) - Level 46
Horny (Tusked Mascot) - Level 44
Rocky (Rock-Headed Footballer) - Level 43
ImATree (Alabamian Forest) - Level 37
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Time for another update on my Emerald Run.
FINAL UPDATE

Spoiler:
After beating Dad and getting Surf, I went on with my journey and earned the rest of my badges.
I had a few more encounters with Teams Aqua and Magma and kinda chased them around until they awoken Groudon and Kyogre, causing Chaos. In the meantime, I stopped by the Safari Zone where I caught my "team mascot". Anyways, after Teams Aqua and Magma messed up, I had to go to the Sky Pillar and wake Rayquaza up so it can go clean up all the mess. After earning the last of my badges, I surfed my way to Ever Grande and entered the Victory Road where a huge training session happened. So, after I beat Wally for the Nth time and grinded my butt off in the Victory Road, I finally found the exit (yeah, I actually got lost for a while >.> ) and healed up, sold all the TMs I've been hoarding, stocked up on Full Restores and Revives and took on the E4.
I mostly abused weak points and that easily got me through to the Champion and I tried the same thing there, but I sort of underestimated the guy's Pokémon a bit >.> (as always) and the fight against the Champion turned out to be a tiny bit annoying with all the Ice Beams and Earthquakes and Sludge Bombs and Hydro Pumps, but I eventually pulled through and became the champion.
And just when I thought I was done, I remembered I had to find and beat Steven too so I rushed over to Meteor Falls and challenged him. Lost miserably quite a few times and then decided to go back to the E4 and battle them a bit more in order to level up some so I won't be as squishy. But I got bored quite fast so I went down to battle Steven once more. The battle was quite exciting, his Metagross still almost trashing my team. After a few revives, full restores, switches, more revives, more full restores, a few ice beams, petal dances, iron tails, surfs and flamethrowers, then a decent petal dance, Steven was finally defeated.
I guess this ends my challenge

Badge Case

Final Team

Petilil

Sydian
Level64
❆ Timid ❆ Natural Cure Lax Incense
Dragon Dance
Fly Ice Beam Dragonbreath

True Alabamian

Cammy
Level 60
❆ Modest ❆ Natural Cure ❆ Miracle Seed
Toxic
FlashShadow BallPetal Dance

Crimson Tide Striker

Hagane
Level 63
❆ Naive ❆ Rock Head Silk Scarf
Strength
Double- Edge Iron Tail Take Down

Team Mascot

Tilly
Level
69 ❆ Sassy Sturdy Soft Sand

Rollout Defense Curl Substitute Earthquake

The Marching Musician

Cheery
Level 62
❆ Calm ❆ Water Veil ❆ Sea Incense
Secret Power
Waterfall Dive Surf

The Plushie

Chi
Level 70
❆ Hardy ❆ Blaze ❆ Everstone
Flamethrower
Cut Rock Smash Slash

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."

Last edited by Orianna; August 21st, 2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: fixed typo >.>
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:33 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Fourth update, with the Elite Four and Champion defeated! ^-^ Beware wall of text, because the last battle's pretty detailed as it's fresh in my memory. We're about halfway through... and running out of time. I blame that Dangan Ronpa LP. >_<
Spoiler:
  • After defeating the Kimono Girls with half the party left (I think Flareon and Vaporeon took a few of my pokémon out), we scaled the Bell Tower (I always want to call it Tin Tower >_<).
  • On the tower's roof, we summoned Ho-oh and proceeded to knock it out in a very hard-fought battle! It just didn't seem to care about its reduced accuracy!
  • We reached Victory Road. Unfortunately, we had to leave someone behind because I couldn't teach Waterfall to Rhythian, my goldeen (no STAB allowed).
  • After defeating the rival at the end of Victory Road in a somewhat difficult battle, we reached the Indigo Plateau, and can now train the entire party of six. So lots of grinding, with the main purpose of leveling Rhythian to 51 for Megahorn before evolving. Unfortunately, I pressed B out of habit during evolution, so that was delayed an extra level. >_<
  • I also participated in the Pokéathlon in order to win a Heart Scale, which I used to teach Tacklian (sudowoodo) Wood Hammer. I think I may need to come back later to win a Shiny Stone, but I don't remember if we can find one in Kanto later.
  • Finally, grinding was complete, with everyone except Rhythian at Level 50, just because I'm a bit OCD about getting levels about equal. So on to the Elite Four!
  • Will was simple. Dixian (togetic) OHKO'd his entire team with Shadow Ball, except for Slowbro. We were also lucky Jynx's Lovely Kiss missed and Slowbro used Curse.

• Koga was really annoying. With a combination of Smokescreen, Defense Curl, and Rollout, Pelouchian (cyndaquil) took out Ariados, Forretress, and Venomoth (with the fifth turn of Rollout getting a crit on Venomoth!). Maybe if he didn't use a Full Restore on Forretress, it would've taken out Muk as well. That would've been nice. Muk was the cause of aggravation during this battle. We spammed Smokescreen and Minimize in the beginning, and eventually Smokescreen would miss all the time. I could attack with Swift, but it held Black Sludge, so I was hoping to try to reduce accuracy as much as possible. Some Toxics got through, and Antidote was immediately used. Unfortunately, Gunk Shot somehow hit twice in a row, knocking out Pelouchian. I tried to continue my strategy with Favian's (umbreon) Flash, but it was tough getting through Minimize. I got in some Tail Whips, and switched out to Tacklian who finally OHKO'd Muk with Earthquake after seven tries. We had better luck against Crobat. Tacklian just spammed Double-Edge, which worked through his two Double Teams and Full Restore. And that was the battle. Finally! Took a lot of PP.

• Bruno was actually tough! Dixian took down Hitmontop and Hitmonchan, but I was stupid and didn't heal against Onix. A Rock Slide took him down. Bad situation because half my team is weak to Fighting. Tacklian came in, endured an Earthquake, and retaliated with a OHKO Wood Hammer. Unfortunately, Hitmonlee didn't miss with Hi Jump Kick, so I lost Tacklian there. Rhythian (now a seaking) replaced her, took a Hi Jump Kick, and countered with Return, leaving only Machamp. Return did a nice chunk of damage, but Cross Chop finished Rhythian off. I had Spirian (Mamoswine) come in and complete the battle with some Strength. Cross Chop didn't do enough damage to OHKO, so that worked. Really quick battle!

• Karen was pretty interesting. Spirian took care of Umbreon and Houndoom (critical!), but lost to Vileplume's Petal Dance. Pelouchian came in and started setting up Smokescreens. When I felt ready, I started off a Defense Curl + Rollout combo, which worked out nicely! It finished off Vileplume, and he was able to withstand Gengar's Focus Blast and OHKO it with the fourth turn of Rollout. Murkrow was last, but Rollout unfortunately missed. Whirlwind switched out Pelouchian for Favian, who finished the battle with some uses of Secret Power. On to the Champion!

• Ah, Lance. I think it would've been a really good battle for me if it wasn't for an untimely critical and/or a small mistake I made. Also, so much paralysis! Anyways, I started off with Favian against Gyarados, who is scarily accurate even with several Flashes stacked as well as Confuse Ray. Eventually, it stopped hitting consistently, though it took longer than I would've liked. Secret Power was also able to paralyze it. Lots of Moomoo Milks were used. Then, I took a huge risk and switched out for Pelouchian. Yep, a little cyndaquil against his Gyarados, and as he used Full Restore too. After three or four Defense Curls, Waterfall did less than 50% damage! Nice! So, I used five Defense Curls, then dug into my bag for an X Accuracy and an X Speed. I was debating with myself about using a second X Speed, but decided against it. So, I put up my sixth Defense Curl and followed up with Rollout, finishing off that Gyarados in maybe two turns? (Favian did use some Tail Whips). Aerodactyl was next. Here was my mistake--not using the second X Speed meant that Aerodactyl was still faster. Also, Rock Slide was a crit. I doubt it would've done enough damage if it wasn't a crit, seeing how much damage Gyarados's Waterfall did after only about four Defense Curls. Grah! Could've taken out Aerodactyl and whoever he sent out next! D: Well, what's done is done. Spirian came out, and Rock Tomb finished it off in two hits. Charizard also took two hits of Rock Tomb, surprisingly. Also, it used Air Slash instead of a Fire-type attack for some reason. Unfortunately, I was expecting a Full Restore at some point, so I wasted a Rock Tomb that could've been great on Dragonite. After doing a bit of damage with Strength, I think Spirian fell to a Fire Blast or something. I sent out Rhythian to blast it with Blizzard, which KO'd it. The second dragonite came out and used Safeguard as I used Agility. I was surprised that I was already faster, so that was a wasted move. Blizzard left it with like 1 HP or so, and he used Thunder Wave. I stupidly used Agility again as he used another Full Restore. I think I was fully paralyzed next turn, and Thunder did heavy damage. I couldn't really do much, but I used a useless Full Restore, as Blizzard missed next turn. Gah, I lost Rhythian while that Dragonite was at full health. Darn inaccurate Blizzard and my stupidity. Favian was my next choice because I expected Thunder Wave. Sure enough, he did use it, and Synchronize worked like a charm. Add Confuse Ray and parafusion! I love being annoying! ^-^ These last two dragonite were really quite annoying. It was basically walling/healing with Favian as he cut accuracy and defense with Flash and Tail Whip. Then Tacklian to take advantage of the lowered defense with Double-Edge. This strategy may be slow and expensive, but it gave us the victory! And so, we are the new champs! ^-^ Roll credits!

The team so far:
Spoiler:

NamePelouchianDixianTacklianFavianRhythianSpirian
RoleThe PlushieThe AlabamianThe StrikerThe FavoriteThe MusicianThe Mascot
Level515150505251
GenderMMFFFM
NatureDocileQuietBoldQuietSassyRash
CharacteristicOften dozes offOften scatters thingsAlert to soundsQuick to fleeHates to loseStrong willed
AbilityBlazeSerene GraceRock HeadSynchronizeSwift SwimSnow Cloak
ItemShell BellChoice SpecsQuick ClawBrightPowderSilk ScarfMuscle Band
Stats123/87/67/80/70/96132/57/119/118/125/60147/108/155/43/82/60167/81/134/83/144/84150/122/102/87/118/96182/154/117/96/75/114
MovesSwiftExtrasensoryWood HammerSecret PowerReturnStrength
RolloutShadow BallDouble-EdgeTail WhipMegahornRock Tomb
SmokeScreenFlamethrowerEarthquakeFlashBlizzardEndure
Defense CurlAncientPowerSucker PunchConfuse RayAgilityRock Smash

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Janp
Audino master

So, today's update... I played a lot so, here it is:

Spoiler:
- Beat Team Plasma guy and sailed to Castelia City
- Did story stuff in Sewers, found Clowns and caught Petilil in Sewers Garden
- Nicknamed Petilil Queen
- At Route 4 caught Sandile, nicknamed him Croc
- Went to Gym and was beaten by Burgh's Leavanny
- Went back to Route 4 and caught Darumaka
- Back at Gym, beat Burgh with Darumaka, then Deposited Darumaka to PC
- Train at Desert Resort, went through Join Avanue and arrived to Nimbasa City
- Beat Battle Subway Brothers
- Went to old Nimbasa Gym, beat everyone there
- Went to new Nimbasa Gym, beat everyone with Croc
- Croc (Sandile) evolved into Krokorok
- Another story stuff
- Get through Driftveil Drawbridge
- Arrived to Driftveil City
- Did another story Plasma stuff...
- Received Zorua from former Plasma leader (can't remember his name) and deposited Zorua to PC
- With Lil and Queen Took down Driftveil Gym, Clay had no chance
- Went to PWT, got beaten by Hugh's Servine
- withdrawed Darumaka from PC and won tourney in PWT
- At Route 6, received Deerling and Surf
- Went to Mistralton Cave and Caught Aron, nicknamed Rush
- While looking for Axew, Rush evolved
- Caught Axew, nicknamed him GoGo (GoGoManTV is best Slovak Youtuber and I was watching his video while I caught Axew)
- Arrived to Mistralton City, healed my team and deposited Deerling to PC
- Trained at Route 7 and Celestial Tower
- Went to Gym and was beaten by Skyla's Swanna
- Caught Joltik in Mistralton Cave and evolved it in Galvantula, nicknamed Mina
- Beat Skyla and got her Badge
- Flew to Lentimas Town
- Deposit Mina to PC
- In Reversal Mountain, Croc evolved
- Arrived in Undella Town and lost to Hugh
- withdrawed Darumaka from PC and trained
- Darumaka evolved
- Beat Hugh, deposited Darmanitan to PC and save the game

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Lil
F, lvl. 38, Quirky
- Surf
- Focus Energy
- Razor Shell
- Revenge

Queen
F, lvl. 36, Lax
- Giga Drain
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Croc
M, lvl. 40, Bashful
- Foul Play
- Strength
- Bulldoze
- Dig

Rush
M, lvl. 35, Timid
- Metal Sound
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Protect

GoGo
M, lvl 36, Hasty
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- Dragon Claw
- False Swipe

I'm also thinking about evolving Axew, because so far, Axew wasn't very good in battles...
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
More car journeys means more time to play, equalling a finished challenge! I beat Candice very easily with Luxray's Fire Fang before going through all the tedious story, ending up in a dead Palkia and a lot of melted Bronzor. His level shot up way past the others and continued to do so given Luxray's low EXP threshold and his great abilities in battle, so I put him to the side for a bit and went to Lake Acuity to grind - the area in which I found my final team member. Halfway through training I decided to start fishing and a level 24 Goldeen popped up so I instantly caught him and shoved a trumpet in his mouth. He was awfully weak and even Piplup was doing a better job than him, but after some training in Mt Coronet I managed to evolve him and he became slightly better. I wasn't happy with this team because only Luxray was proving to be reliable in battle, so I asked my brother to evolve my Onix for me which proved to be a great boost. Snover then evolved soon after and I was left with a decent team, good enough to defeat Volkner.

After taking care of the story and flirting with Cynthia, I headed up past Victory Road (my lord I hated this section) and reached the Pokémon league. Barry was easy enough to take care of and I powered through to the Pokémon Center before taking on the Elite Four. First up was Aaron - my favourite of the four - and he was taken care of easily my Luxray. His Drapion posed a slight challenge but Steelix managed to resist his Cross Poison and crush the scorpion before he could use Ice Fang, so next up was Bertha's turn. Abomasnow managed to take down her whole team with no problem at all (the only team he's ever been useful, mind you!) and Hail helped a lot until her hippo made an appearance, but the Ice and Grass moves were more than enough to take down Bertha's horrifically disadvantaged team. Flint was confusing - a Fire-type user with only two Fire-types is always an oddity but he was easy enough to take care of between Piplup and Seaking (though Piplup fainted to Infernape's Thunderpunch, oops!), and then it was Lucian. His team fell easily to a mixture of Crunches and walling from Steelix and Bastiodon, other than the wonderful Bronzong which had to be taken on by Luxray's Fire Fang, making for the second easiest battle after Bertha. Finally was Cynthia and her famous Garchomp, but the team was very easily dealt with. Luxio fell to Lucario's Earthquake, Bastiodon fell to Garchomp's Brick Break, and Milotic's Mirror Coat proved to be annoying, but Abomasnow and Seaking did a great job of taking on the rest of the team and Steelix finished it off by taking care of Milotic and winning the league.

Best Pokémon - Luxray; he was by far the most useful on the team (mostly because of the move pool) and was definitely my favourite to use too.
Worst Pokémon - Piplup; dear god please let me evolve these things next time.

This was a great challenge to play and I'm glad to see that it turned out so well; can't wait for next time!

Finished!

Final Team
Squiggles (Plushie) - Level 56
Dash (Petilil...ish) - Level 61
Horny (Tusked Mascot) - Level 54
Rocky (Rock-Headed Footballer) - Level 57
ImATree (Alabamian Forest) - Level 52
Trumpet (Marcher) - Level 55

Sponsored Links