The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted August 20th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed

Update #6 ▣ Completed

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

Spoiler:

Petilil!
Petilil • Petilil • • Level 47
Eviolite • Own Tempo
CutFlashReturnEntrainment

A true Alabamian!
Fluffee • Whimsicott • • Level 61
Soothe Bell • Prankster
HurricaneThiefPsychicPoisonPowder

Crimson Tide striker!
Ferrum • Aggron • • Level 59
Lucky Egg • Rock Head
FlamethrowerThunderboltDigSurf

Team mascot!
Mammoth • Haxorus • • Level 59
Metronome • Rivalry
Rock SmashSlashDigRock Tomb

The marching musician!
Mongo • Zangoose • • Level 64
Expert Belt • Immunity
X-ScissorDigClose CombatShadow Claw

A plushie Pokémon!
Zorua • Zorua • • Level 56
Everstone • Illusion
Fury SwipesImprisonDigShadow Ball

Progress

Before taking on Marlon, I needed to do some training. So I battled everyone on Routes 21 and 22, and a few Trainers in Seaside Cave. After my training session, I challenged Marlon to a battle and won on my second try because Jellicent didn't use Recover that time. Next on my to-do list was to go to the Plasma Frigate and finish all of that nonsense. Colress was easy, the Shadow Triad were a little challenging, but I was able to defeat them all. After Ghetsis almost killed me with Kyurem's Glaciate, N showed up with Reshiram and saved my life. Ghetsis was mad so he battled me and lost, blah blah blah, I saved the world, blah blah blah, all's well that ends well. Next I made my way to Route 23 to enter Victory Road. Victory Road was so long, but it is definitely my favorite of the Victory Roads. At this point my Pokémon were strong enough to take on the League, so I avoided as many Trainers as possible. I bought 40 Hyper Potions, 30 Full Heals, and 40 Revives when I made it to the League. The Elite 4 were pretty easy but Iris ruined everything. I made it all the way to her last Pokémon, Haxorus, which defeated me. I bought 99 Hyper Potions and 99 Revives for my next attempt. My second try was much easier because all of my Pokés were a few levels higher. I still had Fluffee around for Haxorus, so I used its PoisonPowder before Haxorus was able to spam its Dragon Dance and 1HKO my whole team.

A big thanks to Sydian and AlexOzzyCake for this lovely challenge! It was a blast!

The End

Old Posted August 21st, 2013 (12:33 AM).
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Nature: Lonely
Username: chaoticlapras game: heartgold ultimate: no fc: will include when wifi is back (before month ends). Jolteon, jumpluff, corsola, donphan, seaking, meowth. Merry christmas i guess syd...

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index....chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old Posted August 21st, 2013 (09:28 AM).
11wildy
Me!

Managed to play on until I beat Claire this morning. Piloswine really helped there! And Togetics Flash and Headbutt eventually took down Kingdra.

Team:
Cyndaquil
-Flame Wheel
-Cut
-Rollout
-Dig

Eevee
-Quick Attack
-Headbutt
-Iron tail
-Bite

Kingler
-Surf
-Strength
-Whirlpool
-Guillotine

Togetic
-Fly
-Headbutt
-Metronome
-Flash

Piloswine
-Icy Wind
-Powder Snow
-Headbutt
-Hidden Power [Ground]

Sudowoodo
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Dynamicpunch
-Mimic
Old Posted August 21st, 2013 (12:34 PM).
Janp
Audino master

So, today's update...

Progress:
Spoiler:

- Did lot of training on Route 13, 12 and 11
- On Route 12, Rush evolved once again
- On Route 11, GoGo evolved
- Beat Drayden and got his Badge
- Started "Plasma arc"
- Beat every Plasma and Zinzolin with newly evolved Rush
- Shadow Triad stole DNA Splicer
- Beat one Triad member and head back to Undella Town and through Marine Tube to Humillau City
- Found Marlon and get beaten by his Pokemon
- Did Audino/Lucky Egg training on Route 22

Team:
Spoiler:

Lil
F, lvl. 45, Quirky
- Surf
- Focus Energy
- Razor Shell
- Revenge

Queen
F, lvl. 52, Lax
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

Croc
M, lvl. 49, Bashful
- Foul Play
- Strength
- Bulldoze
- Dig

Rush
M, lvl. 46, Timid
- Fire Blast
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Protect

GoGo
M, lvl 43, Hasty
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- False Swipe
Old Posted August 21st, 2013 (07:27 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Hey guys! I'm back from camp, and I'm really lazy, so I will be updating the list when the challenge is over. I just started school and I still have some stuff to get situated. I'll work on the raffle prizes this weekend and I'll try to edit in the movesets and such so that people know what's up for grabs. The raffle won't be done immediately after the challenge deadline, but it will be done before September's over, promise. I'm not that lazy and I don't wanna let anyone down! Glad to see everyone's enjoying themselves and finishing up. :) I'll hopefully have an update this weekend when I get some time to play! x

Quote:
Merry christmas i guess syd...
what lol

Play the game to change the game
Old Posted August 22nd, 2013 (05:05 AM).
11wildy
Me!

Having a small problem. I'm getting close to the league, yet my Eevee has not evolved yet. Do I have to keep training him until I have an Umbreon, before I'm allowed to challenge the league? Or if I don't want that, use a thunderstone on it? Or can I fight the league with Eevee and make sure it evolves before red?
Old Posted August 22nd, 2013 (08:25 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2013 by LilJz.
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Final Update

I defeated Team Magma and I proceeded to grind like hell before heading to defeat Tate & Liz. It was pretty easy with Clapper being in my team now.
Wallace wasn't hard with Tifa Giga Draining his whole team, the hardest was Milotic (obviously).
I then proceeded to grind a lot so that my team was ready to face the Elite 4. The hardest was Phoebe since I didn't have any Pokemon that was super effective against her Pokemon. And surprisingly, the easiest one was Drake. Having Clapper & Boo have super effective attacks against all his Pokemon, I just sweeped through him
But omg, Steven. I thought I'd be strong enough to defeat his Metagross but no. I had to revive my Pokemon back and forth until his Metagross only had Struggle left and killed himself >>
But anyways, I still finished the challenge!

Team after defeating the Elite 4
Spoiler:

The Plushie Pokemon!
Tifa, the Treecko♀, level 45
Secret Power, Flash, Giga Drain Drain & Quick Attack

The Crimson Tide striker!
Aggron♂, level 44
Iron Tail, Protect, Mud-Slap & Take Down

Petilil!
Boo, the Altaria♀, level 45
Fly, Take Down, Steel Wing & DragonBreath

The marching musician!
Zaochen the Zangoose♀, level 44
Leer, Rock Smash, Sword Dance & Strength

A true Alabamian!
Hariyama♂, level 45
Return, Focus Energy, Earthquake & Vital Throw

Team mascot!
Clapper, the Walrein♂, level 48
Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam & Waterfall
Old Posted August 23rd, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Janp
Audino master

Last update before E4:

Spoiler:
- After big battle, beat Marlon and got his Badge
- Got Colress Machine on Route 22 and beat trainers on Route 21 and in Seaside Cave
- GoGo evolved
- Cleared Plasma Frigade
- Went to Giant Chasm
- Once again on Plasma Frigade
- Beat Zinzolin, Colress and Shadow Triad
- Beat White Kyurem with GoGo, Lil and Petilil
- Beat Ghestis
- Started looking for Throh and found a lot of Rufflet
- Caught Throh and nicknamed it Pedro
- Bought lot of items in Poke Centrum in front of Victory Road
- Went through Victor Road
- Had hard battle with Hugh's Serperior
- Return on Route 22 and trained Pedro
- Save the game before league

Team before E4 (still training):
Spoiler:

Lil
F, lvl. 54, Quirky
- Surf
- Focus Energy
- Razor Shell
- Ice Beam

Queen
F, lvl. 54, Lax
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

Croc
M, lvl. 54, Bashful
- Foul Play
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Dig

Rush
M, lvl. 54, Timid
- Fire Blast
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Protect

GoGo
M, lvl 56, Hasty
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- False Swipe

Pedro
M, lvl 54, Lonely
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Endure
- Reversal

So, tomorrow is when Final Battle will take place
Old Posted August 23rd, 2013 (08:41 AM).
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Nature: Adamant
I'm just gonna go ahead and drop this challenge. I was gonna try and get it done in the short time I had left when I picked it up again, but after getting 3 Cascoon in a row, I really don't think I have time to be wasting on senseless grinding with no results. Good luck to everyone still doing this challenge, and I'll catch you on the next event.
Old Posted August 23rd, 2013 (05:40 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Fifth update, with all Kanto badges obtained! ^-^ I don't think I've ever gone through Kanto that quickly before.
Spoiler:
  • After the credits, Professor Elm gave us a ticket for the S.S. Aqua. After a short cruise, we disembarked at Vermilion.
  • Unfortunately, Cut is required quite often in Kanto. So I reluctantly teach that to my poor cyndaquil, Pelouchian. D:
  • Lt. Surge is the first Kanto gym leader we face. Aside from his Double Team spam, I don't think he was too bad. So badge #9 is the Thunder Badge.
  • Our next destination is due north, to Saffron. We check out the gym, and Sabrina is no pushover! Because of my stinginess and stubbornness with Sucker Punch (while she set up Calm Minds), I had to use a Revive, as the whole party got knocked out once. >_< Still, we won the Marsh Badge as the tenth badge.
  • Celadon, to the west, was next. I don't remember much of the battle with Erika, except that Tangela had a surprise AncientPower. The Rainbow Badge was eleventh.
  • We follow Cycling Road south to Fuschia, where we faced off against Janine. I actually don't remember this battle well, but it wasn't too difficult. Number twelve is the Soul Badge. Haha, I just noticed the Soul Badge is heart-shaped.
  • With these four badges, I can no longer avoid the Power Plant generator quest. I went through Rock Tunnel backwards to the Power Plant, went to Cerulean Gym, follwed the Rocket to Nugget Bridge, defeated him, found the stolen machine part in the gym, and returned it to the Power Plant. Finally, Kanto is powered up again. With that, we get the Poké Flute broadcast on the Pokégear, allowing us to awaken the Snorlax blocking Diglett's Cave.
  • Oh yeah, almost forgot. We disrupted Misty's date at the cape and challenged her to battle at Cerulean Gym. Not too difficult. My marching seaking, Rhythian, performed beautifully for the Cascade Badge, number thirteen.
  • Passing through Diglett's Cave puts us just outside of Pewter, where we go and challenge Brock for our fourteenth badge. I struggled at first, but after defeating Omastar, I felt a lot safer bringing Tacklian (sudowoodo) out to Wood Hammer everyone else. I love that his entire team is quadruply weak to Grass. ^-^ So that's the Boulder Badge for us!
  • We head east to Mt. Moon and engage in battle with Rival nobody. I don't remember much, but I think I lost half my team or so? He wasn't too bad though.
  • Next, we Surfed to Cinnabar and met Blue. What arrogance! Anyways, we travel eastward to the temporary gym at Seafoam Islands. Blaine wasn't difficult; I don't think I returned to a Pokémon Center to heal before battling him. So the Volcano Badge is fifteenth.
  • We also explore the rest of the Seafoam cave, defeat Articuno, emerge at the other side of the island, and reach land south of Fuschia, where the workers are done unblocking the path.
  • We talk to Blue, who returns to Viridian Gym. And so we follow. This was actually a tough battle! I beat him on the third try. His Trick Room team is pretty lucky sometimes. Also, I wasn't paying full attention during the first battle. And I performed stupidly both times I lost. And, Pidgeot loves crits. Eventually, we emerged victorious, with the Earth Badge completing the full set. ^-^
  • I go pick up HM Rock Climb from Professor Oak, and am currently outside Mt. Silver. Next time, exploring the world with Rock Climb, grinding, and hopefully the defeat of Red!

The team so far:
Spoiler:

NamePelouchianDixianTacklianFavianRhythianSpirian
RoleThe PlushieThe AlabamianThe StrikerThe FavoriteThe MusicianThe Mascot
Level626261616261
GenderMMFFFM
NatureDocileQuietBoldQuietSassyRash
CharacteristicOften dozes offOften scatters thingsAlert to soundsQuick to fleeHates to loseStrong willed
AbilityBlazeSerene GraceRock HeadSynchronizeSwift SwimSnow Cloak
ItemBrightPowderChoice SpecsQuick ClawLeftoversShell BellMuscle Band
Stats148/104/80/97/84/116160/69/145/145/153/72177/133/190/54/100/76201/98/162/101/175/101178/146/122/103/141/114216/183/139/114/89/135
MovesCutExtrasensoryWood HammerSecret PowerReturnStrength
RolloutShadow BallDouble-EdgeTail WhipMegahornRock Tomb
SmokeScreenFlamethrowerEarthquakeFlashBlizzardEndure
Defense CurlAncientPowerSucker PunchConfuse RayAgilityRock Smash

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old Posted August 23rd, 2013 (11:56 PM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Update #2 on Expert Emerald.
  • Moved through Fiery Path, and Tuskie evolved into Sealeo!
  • Once I got to Route 114 I caught Sydian the Swablu, then defeated Maxie on top of Mt. Chimney.
  • Soon afterwards, Sydian evolved into Altaria!
  • Defeated Flannery in a double battle, with only Marcher left.
  • My team was underleveled for Norman, so I made sure I fought all the trainers I could find and grinded a bit.
  • Norman was another double battle, and he took everyone I had, with Sydian the last one standing.
  • Now I could Surf, so I caught a female Pikachu in the New Mauville plant, then used Thief on a bunch more until I got a Light Ball.
  • Bred Pikachu with a male that held the Light Ball, and out hatched Plushhh the Pichu, with Volt Tackle!
  • After using a bunch of vitamins and training Plushhh up with an Exp. Share, she evolved into Pikachu!
  • Made my way up to Route 113, and Tuskie evolved into Walrein!
  • Defeated Team Aqua at the Weather Institute, then defeated May, and arrived in Fortree City.
  • Winona was much easier than the previous two gym leaders, another double battle here too.
  • Beat up a bunch of trainers around Lilycove City, then defeated May for the final time.
  • Defeated Team Magma and Maxie in the Magma Hideout, then did the same to Team Aqua in their Hideout.
  • Surfed to Mossdeep City, found a Thick Club by the Space Center; after some training around the city, I defeated Tate and Liza.
  • Defeated Maxie again at the Space Center, with not much help from Steven (still is in the 40s while Maxie is in 70s, lol).
  • Dove down to the Underwater Cavern and defeated Maxie for the first time - Plushhh dominated with Light Ball Thunderbolt.
  • I am now saved in Pacifidlog Town, getting ready to go wake up Rayquaza.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Jd:

Marcher the Hasty Kingler, ♂ - L66 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Crabhammer, Brick Break, Earthquake, Cut

Plushhh the Docile Pikachu, ♀ - L66 @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Sweet Kiss, Volt Tackle, Hidden Power (Ice)

Tuskie the Mild Walrein, ♂ - L66 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Surf, Dive

Sydian the Seroius Altaria, ♀ - L68 @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Outrage, Fly, Ice Beam, Sleep Powder

Gridiron the Careful Marowak, ♂ - L66 @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Earthquake, Strength, Rock Slide, Rock Smash

Alabama the Bashful Jumpluff, ♀ - L65 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Aerial Ace, Sleep Powder

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old Posted August 24th, 2013 (04:23 AM).
Janp
Audino master

So, final update...

Spoiler:
E4:
Shauntal
Croc vs Cofagrigus - Long battle... Shauntal used Full Restore so I had to battle Cofagrigus "twice", Croc was Burned
Lil vs Chandelure - This was really short battle Chandelure used Psychic and lil was KO, but I was able to use Full Restore on Croc
Croc vs Chandelure - Another short battle... Croc used Foul Play and was over
Queen vs Golurk - Shadow Punch vs Leaf Storm... Queen won and lvl up
Croc vs Drifblim - Short battle, Foul Play for win
- So, this was really easy battle, only Lil was knocked down

Grimsley
Pedro vs Liepard - Fake out is realyl bad Pedro fall in love with Liepard, but it was nothing for him, 1 Superpower and over
Rush vs Bisharp - Good battle, Rush's Fire Blast make it, Grimsley used Full Restore
Lil vs Krookodile - Earthquake took Lil down in moment, I just used Max Potion
Quenn vs Krookodile - Queen get Crunched, but survived and Leaf Storm for the win
Pedro vs Scrafty - Superpower 1HKO
- So, another easy battle and once again, Lil was knocked down

Caitlin
Croc vs Musharna - Musharna used Yawn and retreat
Croc vs Reuniclus - Focus Blast = Croc with 4 HP and asleep
Rush vs Reuniclus - Focus Blast = Rush KO
Queen vs Reuniclus - Sleep Powder and Reviving Croc and Rush, Reuniclus woke up and took down Croc with Focus Blast
Croc vs Reuniclus - Revived Croc Used last Foul Play and Bulldoze and after all, won
Lil vs Sigilyph - Lil survived Psychic with 1 HP and with Ice Beam took down half HP od Sigilyph, once again, tributed Lil for healing Croc
Croc vs Sigilyph - Sigilyph Full Restored and took down Croc with Ice Beam
Rush vs Sigilyph - Iron Head vs Psychic, Sigilyph was Iron Headed
GoGo vs Gothitelle - Dragon Pulse made nothing, so, Revived Croc
Croc vs Gothitelle - Foul Play vs Shadow Ball, Gothitelle down
Croc vs Musharna - So, continue from first battle, Musharna down
- So, this was more difficult battle, I had to use many healing items, but true challenge is coming

Marshal
GoGo vs Throh - Dragon Pulse vs Bulldoze, Before Final strike, Throh Full Restored and took GoGo down
Pedro vs Throh - Throh vs Throh, Superpower for win, Pedro survived with 14 HP
Lil vs Mienshao - Revived GoGo, but Lil was knocked down with Hi Jump Kick
Croc vs Mienshao - Tried to use Dig to avoid Hi Jump Kick and succeed
Croc vs Conkeldurr - Once again, Dig, but this time wasn't so good and Croc fainted
Queen vs Conkeldurr - Tried to use Conkeldurr speed drop but wasn't quick enough and fainted
Rush vs Conkeldurr - Revived Croc and used it
Croc vs Conkeldurr - Earthquake and Croc survived with 1 HP, another Earthquake and Croc fainted
Pedro vs Conkeldurr - Took down Conkeldurr with Superpower
Pedro vs Sawk - Restored GoGo HP and pedro Fainted
GoGo vs Sawk - Dragon Pulse for win
- So, this was really hard, because I didn't have Psychic or Flying Pokemon or move

Iris - I decide to not Reviving my Pokemon hear
Pedro vs Hydreigon - Last Superpower for win
Lil vs Druddigon - Ice Beam, but before Final shoot, Iris used Full Restore and KO Lil
Pedro vs Druddigon - Reversal was weak, but took Druddigon down
Croc vs Aggron - Dig and Earthquake made it
Queen vs Lapras - Ice Beam made quick ending for this battle
Rush vs Lapras - Used Elixir and restored PP od Superpower and Rush was KO with Surf
Croc vs Lapras - Another tribute to heal Pedro
Pedro vs Lapras - 1 Superpower and over
GoGo vs Archeops - Archeops survived 1 Dragon Pulse, but was took down with Slash
GoGo vs Haxorus - Ultimate battle - Dragon Pulse vs Dual Chop, GoGo was took down (maybe because Rivalry ability and Her Haxorus was female)
Pedro vs Haxorus - Superpower is just OP and took down Haxorus
- So, not much to say about this battle... It was just awesome

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Lil
F, lvl. 55, Quirky
- Surf
- Focus Energy
- Razor Shell
- Ice Beam

Queen
F, lvl. 55, Lax
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

Croc
M, lvl. 57, Bashful
- Foul Play
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Dig

Rush
M, lvl. 54, Timid
- Fire Blast
- Take Down
- Iron Head
- Protect

GoGo
M, lvl 56, Hasty
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- False Swipe

Pedro
M, lvl 57, Lonely
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Endure
- Reversal

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Thanks Sydian for this challenge and I'm looking for another Event
Old Posted August 25th, 2013 (06:32 AM).
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
UPDATE 2 : A MINI UPDATE
  • delivered the letter to Steven
  • delivered the Devon Goods to Capt Stern, and defeated the Aqua Grunts
  • defeated May @ Route 110
  • cycled May way back and forth Mauville City
  • defeated Gym Leader Wattson
  • caught a Gulpin to be another HM Slave
  • got HM Rock Smash, and then HM Strength
  • defeated the Winstrates, and got Macho Brace

Current Team

Breloom, the Quiet Breloom (Female) - Lv29 @None
Effect Spore
Mega Drain | Headbutt | Mach Punch | Counter

Blaziken, the Rash Torchic (Male) - Lv25 @Everstone
Blaze
Scratch | Fire Spin | Peck | Ember

Aggron, the Lax Aron (Male) - Lv27 @None
Rock Head
Metal Claw | Iron Defense |Mud-Slap | Take Down
Old Posted August 25th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Got a little busy with work, and then got distracted by the discovery of the online TCG and the fact that there is now a store in town that sells pokemon cards (big deal for me, as there's been nowhere in town that sells them for nearly 10 years!), but anyway, here's my fourth update:

Spoiler:

- Finally caught enough pokemon to go back and get the Everstone (I haven't really been trying that hard…) so I don't have to worry about forgetting to stop Cherokee from evolving
- Off to Saffron now!
- Got through the Dojo
- Got through Silph Co and beat Giovanni
- Went back to Fuchsia to challenge Koga
- Shiloh evolved
- Defeated Koga (barely)
- got HM02 but unfortunately, can't teach it to anyone in my main party without breaking the no STAB moves rule so… I guess I'm going the long way for everything.
- Taught Surf to the Lapras I got in Silph Co.
- Head to Cinnabar Island
- Roanoke finally evolves into Rhydon on the way, and I taught him surf and boxed Lapras
- Got through Pokemon Mansion then beat Blain
- Went over to One Island with Bill
- Headed to Kindle Road and caught a Ponyta to finally finish my team! Named her Rosa

Team:
Spoiler:

Jasper the Favourite
Lvl 35
Volt Absorb
Helping Hand | Sand-Attack | Double Kick | Quick Attack

Rosa the Alabamian
Lvl 31
Flash Fire
Solarbeam | Stomp | Strength | Take Down

Roanoke the Crimson Tide Striker
Lvl 45
Rock Head
Shock Wave | Fire Blast | Surf | Focus Punch

Fyffe the Team Mascot
Lvl 37
Keen Eye
Fury Cutter | Toxic | Thief | Knock Off

Shiloh the Marching Musician
Lvl 15
Water Veil
Blizzard | Fury Attack | Supersonic | Horn Attack

Cherokee the Plushie
Lvl 51
Blaze
Dig | Mega Punch | Cut | Aerial Ace
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (01:09 AM).
waters_echo

Trainer
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral
Team:
Puff the Plush
Cyndaquil, M, Lv55, Everstone
Headbutt, flamethrower, smokescreen, swift

Beat the Musician
Seaking, F, Lv55, King's rock
Peck, tail whip, waterfall, horn attack

Hammer the Alabaman
Fearow, M, Lv55, Sharp beak
Fury attack, pursuit, leer, drill peck

Tascor the Mascot
Donphan, M, Lv55, Quick claw
Headbutt, defence curl, rollout, earthquake

Sleek the Solid Red Striker
Scizor, F, Lv55, -
Slash, swords dance, wing attack, metal claw

X and Z the HM masters
Psyduck and Paras

-~-~-
Sleek is a steel type.
Hammer is a yellowhammer/ northern flicker

Still a vital question:
Can I, once I have collected my final team-member, deposit one singularly for the task of getting past the whirlpool in the Dragon's Den?
(Or do I have to put off collecting my last member until after I beat Claire?)

And now you know what I do when I get bored~
(read: have far too much fun with overlay layers)
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (06:52 AM).
11wildy
Me!

Alright, so I trained up my wole team to level 40. Then trained Eevee until evolution. So I'm dashing into the league with a team of 40 and a level 46 Umbreon. No real troubles, until reaching Karen, the Houndoom was a small problem, as Umbreon couldn't hurt it very much. Sudowoodo killed it though. Now standing before Lance, without having time to play
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Second Update

Crystal | Raven

Okay so the Elite Four was... all right. Everything went fairly smoothly at least until Lance. Then it was a lot of Max Potions and Lemonades and such hahaha. I think it's the most I've ever used in terms of items. At least potions. Didn't actually revive my Pokemon very often. Either way, I managed to scrape by winning thanks to Asch who KO'd his Charizard with only 6 HP left.

So, now I have a whole week to try and get through Kanto and beat Red. Whoo boy not sure if I'm going to have the time but I suppose we'll just have to see! On a side note though my ID number is 20666. I wonder if that's why I'm having a little trouble completing this challenge haha sob.

Artemis (Umbreon) ♀ | Favorite Subject | Level 41 @ Amulet Coin
Faint Attack, Bite, Sand Attack, Quick attack

Berry (Jumpluff) ♂ | True Alabamian | Level 39 @ Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Synthesis, Stun Spore, Headbutt

Electron (Magneton) | The Striker | Level 42 @ Ice Berry
Tri Attack, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Sonicboom

Gumdrop (Donphan) ♀ | Team Mascot | Level 41 @ Quick Claw
Strength, Take Down, Defense Curl, Rollout

Asch (Kingler) ♂ | Marching Musician | Level 43 @ Mystic Water
Surf, Stomp, Vicegrip, Guillotine

Quilt (Cyndaquil) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 41 @ Charcoal
Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Smokescreen, Ember
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (05:50 PM).
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Update #3
Spoiler:
-Beat the Slowpoke Well and the Team Rocket inside.
-Easily defeated Bugsy.
-Beat my rival.
-Obtained the HM01.
-Caught an Oddish.
-Left the Ilex Forest.

My team so far :
True Alabamian : Oddish lv10(to evolve)
Plushie : Cyndaquil lv22
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
Bob III
Person

Nature: Calm
Finished challenge, lost log
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21SSitS-2.jpg‎ (24.0 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg 21SSitS-1.jpg‎ (16.1 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Current Challenges:

On Hold: (Don't have X/Y)
Water UMC (FR/C/S/D/W)
Dragon UMC (FR/SS/S/P/W)

Complete Challenges:
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise Solo Run (FR)
Flying Monotype (FR)
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
11wildy
Me!

Bob, how can you have finished this without a NFE Pokemon? The plushie has to be NFE.

As for me, got school, so won't make it ;(
Old Posted August 26th, 2013 (11:54 PM). Edited August 29th, 2013 by trotz59.
trotz59
Professor in-training

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to trotz59
Username: trotz59
Game: HeartGold
Ultimate: No
Gen V FC for raffle: 0605 6948 2331

So I know this is really late to enter (especially with a game that has 16 gyms) but this just seems like so much fun, and the minute I saw marching band I got super excited (I'm in colorguard, myself). I will try my very best to get it done and will probably post an update every night for the next three days or so haha.

Team:
Johto has always been my favorite region, and since this challenge is all about your favorites, I thought I should add in a splash of my own. So I'm using an entire team of gen 2 pokemon! (with the exception of Mamoswine which evolves from a gen 2 pokemon, Piloswine).

1. Umbreon - Favorite
2. Jumpluff - True Alabamian
3. Sudowoodo - Crimson Tide Striker
4. Mamoswine - Team Mascot
5. Delibird - Marching Musician
6. Teddiursa - Plushie

Info
YouTube: NidoGia
Twitter: trotz59
Tumblr: trotz59 (barely use)
Deviantart: ka-ting (very old, barely updated)
Serebii and Bulbagarden forum accounts: trotz59
Old Posted August 28th, 2013 (05:52 AM). Edited August 28th, 2013 by 11wildy.
11wildy
Me!

Well, I got an unexpected free day today, so I decided t go all out for the challenge. Went through Kanto speedrun style, having done all 8 gyms within one session of a few hours. Now lets see if I can beat Red while my only Pokemon higher than level 45 is a level 50 Umbreon.

Edit: I started the Red battle at 4.00 PM. Ended at 4:45. 45 minutes of intense fighting. BUT I DID IT!

Final team:
Umbreon lvl 50
-Bite
-Toxic
-Zap Cannon
-Iron Tail

Togetic lvl 45
-Fly
-Double-Edge
-Psychic
-Flash

Piloswine lvl 44
-Powder Snow
-Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Icy Wind

Kingler lvl 45
-Strength
-Surf
-Whirlpool
-Guillotine

Sudowoodo lvl 46
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Dynamicpunch
-Faint Attack

Cyndaquil lvl 45
-Cut
-Flame Wheel
-Dig
-Rollout

Red battle:

Piloswine VS Pikachu
*Piloswine used Earthquake*

Sudowoodo VS Charizard
*Sudowoodo used Rock Slide*

Umbreon VS Espeon
*Umbreon used Bite multiple times, while barely taking any damage*

Sudowoodo VS Snorlax
*Sudowoodo used Low Kick and Dynamicpunch a lot, while Snorlax kept using Rest. After 30 minutes I managed to get lucky with confusion so it couldn't Rest*

Togetic VS Venusaur
*Togetic uses Flash 4 times, then Psychic a few times, while Venusaur had trouble dealing damage*

Umbreon VS Blastoise
*Umbreon used Toxic and missed a Zap Cannon. Fainted to a critical hit Hydro Pump in Rain. Sent out Cyndaquil to use a Revive. Then use Full Restore to stall, until Blastoise missed Hydro Pump. Finished with Zap Cannon*
Old Posted August 28th, 2013 (08:57 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Sixth and final update on my ultimate HeartGold challenge. With Red defeated, the challenge is complete! :D Play time is 80:49. I'm always slow.
Spoiler:
  • Did a bunch of exploring with Rock Climb (found a Shiny Stone, which I used to evolve Dixian into a togekiss), and took down most of the legendaries in an effort to train a bit, as well as gather up some treasures.
  • Lots of grinding, but not quite as much as my last HG challenge, due to lack of time.
  • Made our way to Red and engaged him in battle. We lost the first time, thanks to some badly timed criticals from his side. Also, I forgot that Sacred Ash can't be used in battle. >_< We beat his pikachu and blastoise, but his venusaur...
  • We were victorious in our second battle, though it wasn't really interesting. Like last time, I started off with Spirian (mamoswine) against Pikachu. That pikachu is surprisingly strong! And amazingly accurate. Despite Snow Cloak taking advantage of the perpetual hail in the area, Iron Tail missed liked once, and he used up all its PP for that move. I was able to set up Stealth Rock on the first turn, but for most turns after that, I was spamming healing items as the hail chipped away at its health. After Iron Tail ran out, he had to resort to Quick Attack. A great time to pump Spirian full of X items! So we finished off Pikachu with Rock Slide, but when Blastoise came out to take his place, I realized I had forgotten to use Light Screen! So I do that and he uses... Blizzard? Sure, use hail to your advantage, but your other three moves are super effective. I'm not complaining! I take the time to heal up Spirian and proceed to finish off Blastoise with two Rock Climbs. Lapras came out next, took 25% damage with Stealth Rock, and the other 75% was out with a single Rock Slide. Then, Charizard's HP immediately dropped to half upon entry, and a Rock Slide finished it.

Venusaur. Always causing problems. Light Screen wears off, and Rock Climb doesn't quite one shot it. So Spirian fell to Giga Drain. Probably should've just reset the Light Screen here. Dixian came out next. Oh yeah, before the battle, I replaced Dixian's Choice Specs with Wise Glasses. This was a long battle, but I eventually used two X Sp. Defends, which was great when combined with plenty of healing items every few turns. He used two Full Restores on Venusaur too. Why always on Venusaur!? D: We eventually prevailed, though. Snorlax was last, and was nowhere near as problematic as Venusaur or even Pikachu. Through the magic of Serene Grace, Flamethrower burned it just after he used a Full Restore. In the end, hail damage finished him off, and that was the battle. Roll credits, once again! ^-^

The final team:
Spoiler:

NamePelouchianDixianTacklianFavianRhythianSpirian
RoleThe PlushieThe AlabamianThe StrikerThe FavoriteThe MusicianThe Mascot
Level707170707070
GenderMMFFFM
NatureDocileQuietBoldQuietSassyRash
CharacteristicOften dozes offOften scatters thingsAlert to soundsQuick to fleeHates to loseStrong willed
AbilityBlazeSerene GraceRock HeadSynchronizeSwift SwimSnow Cloak
ItemBrightPowderWise GlassesQuick ClawLeftoversShell BellMuscle Band
Stats166/117/90/109/94/131224/93/179/227/188/134202/152/217/61/114/86229/112/185/115/200/116200/165/137/116/159/127246/210/159/130/101/154
MovesDefense CurlExtrasensoryWood HammerSecret PowerReturnRock Climb
RolloutShadow BallDouble-EdgeScreechMegahornRock Slide
SmokeScreenFlamethrowerEarthquakeFlashBlizzardStealth Rock
SubstituteAncientPowerSucker PunchConfuse RayAgilityLight Screen

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old Posted August 29th, 2013 (01:41 AM). Edited August 30th, 2013 by waters_echo.
waters_echo

Trainer Alba
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L]

Currently: Taking on the League
Will vs Albatross
Bite OHKO across the board
Koga vs Albatross
Ariados got Bite OHKO, Forretress did... something, but was Thunder OHKO'd, Venomoth went down to two headbutts, muk was thunderko'd, and crobat was another biteko. Albatross hit level 66 at some point in the battle.
Bruno vs Sleek
Wing attack OHKOs to the first four, onix was a metal claw-ko
Karen vs Sleek
Swords danced, got sand attacked by umbreon, then metal claw-ko'd the entire team except murkrow, as the first attack missed. It got in eight damage, then we ko'd it. Sleek reached level 66.
-Taught Beat Icy Wind, having realised that it can take out grass types threatening Beat just as well
Lance vs Beat
Gyarados was horn attack 2hko, Dragonite1, 2 and 3 icywind OHKO, aerodactyl and charzard waterfall OHKOs. Beat grew to level 66.

Johto League down.

Team:
Spoiler:

Puff the Plush
Cyndaquil, M, Lv66, Everstone
-Pkrs

Beat the Musician
Seaking, F, Lv66, King's rock
Icy wind, surf, waterfall, horn attack
-Pkrs

Hammer the Alabaman
Fearow, M, Lv66, Sharp beak
-Pkrs

Tascor the Mascot
Donphan, M, Lv65, Quick claw
-Pkrs

Scizor, F, Lv66, Pink bow
-Pkrs

Albatross the Petilil!
Jolteon, F, Lv66, Blackglasses
Headbutt, bite, thunder, double kick
-Pkrs

X and Z the HM masters
Psyduck and Paras
March the Whirlpooler
Gyarados*
Ikkaruhi
Tentacool* aw yiss.

-~-~-
Sleek is a steel type.
Hammer is a yellowhammer/ northern flicker

-~-~-
*sobs*
I don't like rock tunnel I don't like rock tunnel I don't like rock tunnel at least when I have to navigate it in the dark four times
*sobs more*
-~-
sweet blessed freedom I never have to go through rock tunnel ever again.
In this game anyway.
-~-
Oh godsdammit, I never got the radiocard. Back to Johto for meeee...

-~-
Oh sodding hells, I need cut to get to Erika's gym, don't I...
ghggghggggggggnooooooooopeeeeeeee
-~-
WAit
Move Deleter
Is a thinggggggg

-~-
Tore through the Kanto gyms, team now level 70 all around.
RED DOWN
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], Thunder, Marsh, Cascade, Soul, Boulder, Volcano, Rainbow, Earth, [R]
Team:
Spoiler:

Puff the Plush
Cyndaquil, M, Lv70, Everstone
-Pkrs

Beat the Musician
Seaking, F, Lv70, King's rock
Icy wind, surf, waterfall, horn attack
-Pkrs

Hammer the Alabaman
Fearow, M, Lv70, Sharp beak
-Pkrs

Tascor the Mascot
Donphan, M, Lv70, Quick claw
-Pkrs

Scizor, F, Lv70, Pink bow
-Pkrs

Albatross the Petilil!
Jolteon, F, Lv70, Blackglasses
Headbutt, bite, thunder, double kick
-Pkrs

Led off with Tascor. Pikachu got in a quick attack for entirely negligible damage then got taken out with Earthquake.
Venusaur somehow withstood Puff's first flamethrower, but I think it used sunny day? It went down on the second hit anyway.
Espeon took two drill pecks from Hammer and was dropped.
Blastoise took Albatross's thunder and went down.
Snaorlax was unprepared for the swordsdanced metal claw that Sleek launched and went down in a single hit.
Charizard was taken out by a surf and a waterfall from Beat (it did admittedly do a chunk of damage with flamethrower in the one turn it got, though.)

And now you know what I do when I get bored~
(read: have far too much fun with overlay layers)
Old Posted August 29th, 2013 (02:09 AM).
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob III View Post
Finished challenge, lost log
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
Bob, how can you have finished this without a NFE Pokemon? The plushie has to be NFE.
I was wondering that too lol. Guess we're gonna need Syd to once again confirm that the Plushies should be kept in the primary evo stage.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links