The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
crystalzapdos

Advertise here
Resident Evil Revelations is proof of how much data the Graphics can take up, at 3.15GB. So yeah, most of it is probably the graphics.
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Nothing too surprising, since this is Pokemon we're talking about. The majority of it is obviously graphics and animations since code doesn't take up much space at all, and this is coming from someone who programs frequently. Nevertheless, 1.7 is a good size compared to other 3DS games out there.

What would be surprising to me is if they used the 3DS's limit of 8 Gigabytes, haha(I don't think they will reach up to that number in years, like they did with B2/W2 and the DS's limit). Now that would be a large game! Right now, I'm just hoping for lots of content and gameplay, since that's what really matters to me.
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Docile
I feel like that is mostly graphics and Audio. I am making a Pokemon Starter Kit for RPG Maker VX Ace and the Spread of memory is 3.47 MB in data, 3.32 GB in Audio, 304 MB in Sprites, 99.5 MB in pre-rendered cut-scenes, and a 2.89 text file containing some universal information. Given my kit does take more memory for audio, but that is only because I have the entire soundtrack for Pokemon BW and BW2 and some other sources in wav format. The official games probably use a compressed format akin to OGG Vorbis.

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm not really surprised that X/Y are going to be that large (if the rumor is true that is). Just the sheer size of the new graphics engine (Including the region itself, all the Pokémon models, moves, and NPCs) is going to take up a large amount of space, plus add in all the coding for the region. For a handheld game it is large by any standards, so if this ends up being accurate then I'm going to have high hopes for how much we will have in the game.
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:20 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I wonder how much of this 1.7 GB is for the character and Pokemon models...as the series does tend to have a lot of characters.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:34 AM
SpitfireYoshi

I have room, tons of room
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
I didn't know where to ask so i'm asking here.

I planinig on downloading the game through e-shop intead of buying an actual copy,
I still don't have 3ds, so i don't know a lot about it and i hope you could help me:
The games will be on e-shop? if it does it ill be on the same date the games will be released(October 12th)?
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
I didn't know where to ask so i'm asking here.

I planinig on downloading the game through e-shop intead of buying an actual copy,
I still don't have 3ds, so i don't know a lot about it and i hope you could help me:
The games will be on e-shop? if it does it ill be on the same date the games will be released(October 12th)?
I assume the retail and digital versions of the games will be released on October 12th simultaneously, Animal Crossing was available via e-shop on the day it was released in stores so I'd say so.

Old August 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Kevan
Pokemon Team Analyst

From what i have read Pokemon X/Y will be on the eshop and it is planned to be released at the same time as the actual copy.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here