The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
zoroarkrules25

I'm betting this is real, it would take to much time to fake. I like the concept and I'm sure there will still be new plain evolutions as well. I like the gym leader design and the item that evolves torchic. I'm guessing there be many evolutions like that with items similar to it.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
The Dark Avenger
PumpkaBOO!

Nature: Adamant
SO, should we make a petition and have everyone sign it to rid of the crap to GF?!?!

Either that, or this is some sort of practical joke.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Serebii has in the past confirmed something that is fake. Since none of the new Pokemon and forms reflect the art style of Ken Sugimori, this whole thing could be a big prank. None of the images on Serebii look real at all.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:42 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Gym Leader View Post
Serebii has in the past confirmed something that is fake. Since none of the new Pokemon and forms reflect the art style of Ken Sugimori, this whole thing could be a big prank. None of the images on Serebii look real at all.
Actually, 1, the scan of the corocoro cover confirms their legitimacy, 2, the art style is Very sugimori, it has his signature line art and shading. And painterly style.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I am interested in the MegaPokemon and I'm curious to see how it will be a game-changer.

Are the Pokemon stuck in their mega forms permanently once you turn them into a MegaPokemon?

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
pokerex
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
okay then...it is confirmed to be real.
I like the designs of the mega pokemon. except for mega ampharos.
I'd like to know more of what they exactly are and what their purpose is before i can have a full opinion
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBeams View Post
I am interested in the MegaPokemon and I'm curious to see how it will be a game-changer.

Are the Pokemon stuck in their mega forms permanently once you turn them into a MegaPokemon?
Judging by the fact Mewtwo in the movie could switch at will, it's possible that it's not Permanent, but that's the movie, so it might be permanent, as it does use "Evolution" in the name.

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
http://www.serebii.net/archive/June-2013.shtml

Look at the CoroCoro on that page and compare it to the one on the home page. They are completely different in art styles, and in presentation. There is in no way that today's "CoroCoro" was real.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:47 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Well, that escalated quickly...

Anyway, I'm utterly shocked that the Mega-Evolutions have been confirmed, but I can't help but wonder if it'll be fake all along. I don't have much of an opinion on them, except for Meg Mawile, with its twin jaws; that's interesting, IMO.

From a competitive perspective: Since Meg Mawile gained Huge Power, I wonder if it'll see some use in the lower tiers? Now that Meg Absol gained Magic Bounce, it won't fear status moves like Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp anymore; it may still have those low defenses to worry about. Meg Lucaro's Adaptability Close Combat sure is going to hurt, will it?

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:

Look at the CoroCoro on that page and compare it to the one on the home page. They are completely different in art styles, and in presentation. There is in no way that today's "CoroCoro" was real.
As hard as this is to believe, I think it has been confirmed as true..

Team αlpha
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:

The corocoro on the homepage is last Month's, notice how it shows all Pokémon revealed last month?

Plus, there's a date of 7/13 on the bottom right, that 7, is a month, that month, being July.

Last edited by SolarAbusoru; August 8th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I also noticed the art style. They seem very different then what we have normally. All of this could still be fake. Possibly the same person who showed all the pokemon last generation. Though it has been confirmed. We can not trust it 100% until it comes out.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
BubbleBeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Judging by the fact Mewtwo in the movie could switch at will, it's possible that it's not Permanent, but that's the movie, so it might be permanent, as it does use "Evolution" in the name.
I'm hoping that it's not a permanent thing, but rather just a boost with like a held item or something. I feel like making it permanent would be a little bit extreme. Kind of like giving Pokemon like Blaziken a 4th evolution.

&

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Jigglymilk
Night Of The Final Day

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I'm hoping that it's not a permanent thing, but rather just a boost with like a held item or something. I feel like making it permanent would be a little bit extreme. Kind of like giving Pokemon like Blaziken a 4th evolution.
But then why give a pokemon like Mawile, who desperately needs an evolution, a mega one instead of a regular one? If it is not permanent and just a held item, than this somehow is even WORSE than it already is.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Guys...There is a Stone that comes with Torchic in the Torchic Download event called the Mega Stone.

Read peoples! There is an item to get to the Mega forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii
First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Guys...There is a Stone that comes with Torchic in the Torchic Download event called the Mega Stone.

Read peoples! There is an item to get to the Mega forms.
wasn't it called "balzikan knight"?
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
Hmm... scoop of the century?

Legendary spoon pokémon confirmed!
You know what!

Spoon Pokémon >>>> Mega Pokémon

These mega-evolutions sound like something a 7 year old would make. I'm shocked and most of all disappointed, especially at how all these mega-evolutions look like horribly overdesigned trash. Black/White Kyurem were only a litmus test for this forme overdose.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:03 AM
The Dark Avenger
PumpkaBOO!

I'll seriously take an idiotic idea such as a potato chip bag pokemon over this atrocity any day!!!
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
wasn't it called "balzikan knight"
First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

The bottom portion of the info. The Blaziken Knight was edited after I first saw it as it used to say Torchic was holding the Mega Stone.

Though if they have specific names for the items, then each may be iconic to the Pokemon.

Blaziken's Knight Form may end up the localized name due to the item's name.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:08 AM
BubbleBeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglymilk View Post
But then why give a pokemon like Mawile, who desperately needs an evolution, a mega one instead of a regular one? If it is not permanent and just a held item, than this somehow is even WORSE than it already is.
Maybe they will still be giving Pokemon like Mawile and Absol evolutions, and then we get megaforms of all pokemon if they're holding the megastone? I really don't know. That's probably not the case. I can see how giving them a megaform is kind of a lazy way of avoiding giving them actual evolutions and why that would be a bit dumb. But since we already see there is a Megaform of a fully evolved pokemon in a 3-stage evolution line, I'm hoping it's not permanent because that's a very drastic change from the evolution system we're all used to.

If they can only be in these forms with a held item, at least that would make it a little more complicated to get a team of full mega pokemon for in-game playing and competitive battling. idk

There's not enough information about this feature yet for me to decide if I like it or not.

&

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Maybe they will still be giving Pokemon like Mawile and Absol evolutions, and then we get megaforms of all pokemon if they're holding the megastone? I really don't know. That's probably not the case. I can see how giving them a megaform is kind of a lazy way of avoiding giving them actual evolutions and why that would be a bit dumb. But since we already see there is a Megaform of a fully evolved pokemon in a 3-stage evolution line, I'm hoping it's not permanent because that's a very drastic change from the evolution system we're all used to.

If they can only be in these forms with a held item, at least that would make it a little more complicated to get a team of full mega pokemon for in-game playing and competitive battling. idk

There's not enough information about this feature yet for me to decide if I like it or not.
Well I certainly like this new feature already, I mean, it's still well within the realms of Pokémon, and basically confirms the genetics theme everyone was wanting.

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
DEAR ARCEUS!

I'm baffled! I don't even know what to say. I think they could have come up with a better term than "mega forms" if that is indeed the name... mega is too overused. They look a little overdesigned,especially Lucario, but Absol and Ampharos look kinda cool. How many Pokemon are going to get a MegaForm, I wonder? MegaDelcatty? MegaDunsparce? MegaCastform? This is really surprising, to stay the least. I'm curious about the details of all this!

I haven't seen much mention of the 3 newbies, so lemme say: Gogoat's baby form is adorbs, I want to hug the rabbit thing, and I want Raichu's hamster for a pet.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
zoroarkrules25

There is no way it's fake guys, it's already been confirmed and there is no way you could fake this. The page designs on each issue are different each time. I think this works like a mutation to pokemon.
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:28 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Also, no one's talking about the gym leader, people, what type of gym leader do you think she'll be?

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Khrysta

People...ITS NOT LOCALIZED YET! "Mega Form" is JAPANESE ONLY SO FAR. Stop complaining about the name that isn't even translated. Wait for our official translated versions THEN complain...sheesh.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links