Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?
Dialga 37 33.33%
Palkia 23 20.72%
Giratina 51 45.95%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Hey guys! As we know there were many legandaries in 4th gen, but the main ones were Palkia, Dialga, and Girantina. Which one do you like more?

Discuss and don't forget to vote! :3
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I didn't like these legendaries very much, but I would say Dialga, only because I like the color blue.
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Tradelist
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Therizinosaurus

I looooove dialga. first chose diamond over pearl cause my mate had pearl, and I wanted diamond because blue is my favourite colour, and I was still at the age that pink was a girl colour. and dialgia was always just so cool.
just sucks that palkia has a bit of an advantage, and its signature move doesn't need recharging
my post to your liking?
Pokémon Y : 1864-8444-3175
Friend Safari: Tangela, Petilil, and gogoat
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I do not like Palkia as it looks weird, Dialga is okay but I prefer Giratina as it looks so cool in both of its formes.
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Rizardon

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Rizardon
I like three of them ..but Giratina gets my vote.
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
I prefer Giritina. It's got a badass moveset and it looks awesome (especially its alternate form) :D

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Giratina, I really love its Origin Forme.
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Flying

Message me if you've added me.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Quetzal

Nature: Calm
I don't like the designs of any of them, but I voted Palkia. Partly because I knew it would have the fewest votes, partly because I had Pearl first and partly because it kicked the most arse when I used them.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic411464_2.gif
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
NutellaOnYoBooty
Banned

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to NutellaOnYoBooty
I love Giratina, the look everything reminds me of a serpent of the galaxy he personally set a bit of a standard because Giratina is a bit of a difference than some other flyers such as ho-oh, ect and i love Giratina's coloring! c:
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

While I am not a huge fan of either of these in terms of design, I will go with Palkia. It is the best looking of the three and has a massive Special Attack stat that can really do some damage.

"By force of will!"
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Aslan
the pretender

DIALGA YEAH

Mainly because I'm not a big fan of the other two. Giratina slightly creeps me out if you consider the fact that it looks like a soul-eating monster from god knows what who's coming to haunt your dreams. It just scares me to be honest. And the fact that it needs an item outside of the Distortion World to keep its badass appearance is rather disappointing. I prefer its Origin Forme by far, its Alternate one just looks out of place and awkward. Palkia is overall okay but I don't see the appeal in it. Controlling space is pretty cool but then you've got this blue thing called Dialga walking in and stealing the spotlight. Being able to control time is a feat beyond any Pokemon's capabilities and time itself is the most valuable thing in existence. Being able to control that is pretty badass. Plus its signature move just reminds me of Narnia, so go figure. :o

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Dialga for sure, mainly because I love its color and I played Diamond before Pearl. While Palkia is my fave type (Water) the reason I loved Dialga is because that blue color looks so awesome on it plus its Roar of Time is one very badass attack!
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Girantina for sure! I found its design the most sleek and its back story intriguing. The main reason for its +1 on the other two is probably also because it has its own world. Pretty cool if you ask me. Although, I didn't warm up to its Diamond/Peal forme; its Platinum forme was a whooole other story however, haha.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live

Last edited by curiousnathan; August 7th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I liked Giratina the most because I thought it had a better design, cooler typing, and a better motif, being based on like, the netherworld, alternate dimensions, etc.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
Giratina Definitely Giratina..Its My second Favorite pokemon
This signature has been disabled.
exceeds 350px height limit -- please decrease so no scrollbars appear
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:19 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
What else but GIRATINA !!! Man I just love this poke. Also it has that unique ability of changing forms which few pokes have
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Diagla

I bought Pokemon Diamond originally. And i just thought it looked so cool. And i like how it controls space, Or time. Maybe space time. Im really not sure.

Giratina is cool also but never stood out as much as Diagla.
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Rayquaza818
Living the gamer life

Nature: Naughty
giratina had the most interesting typing
Dragons ftw your argument is invalid
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
Aesthetically I've always been more appealed to Dialga. And I used it on my team after catching it in my Diamond version up through the first time I beat Cynthia.

But my vote actually goes to Giratina. I worked really, really hard to catch mine and it was a solid member of my team for a very long time in Diamond. I'm definitely more attached to it than I ever got to Dialga.
CURRENT CHALLENGE(S)
First Badge Challenge: Johto

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Not only did Giratina have one of my favorite typings in Ghost/Dragon, but it had its very own world- arguably one of the most interesting places in any of the Pokemon games. I also much preferred Giratina's Origin Forme design to that of either Dialga or Palkia's (though I was only lukewarm about the Altered Forme).

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: GHOST // GRASS
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
Not only did Giratina have one of my favorite typings in Ghost/Dragon, but it had its very own world- arguably one of the most interesting places in any of the Pokemon games. I also much preferred Giratina's Origin Forme design to that of either Dialga or Palkia's (though I was only lukewarm about the Altered Forme).
Despite agreeing with all of those reasons, I prefer Dialga. I like offensive steel-types (Sinnoh was brilliant for giving me Dialga and Lucario), and although Giratina's typing was more unusual (although both are unique), and it had its own world, I prefer Dialga due to its movepool, and also because I chose Diamond over Pearl initially due to finding Dialga far more appealing than Palkia. Plus the music in the area where you find Giratina in DP just creeps me out too much :(
Old August 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
It's a close call between Giratina and Dialga. Both look very cool but Giratina gets my vote because of the origin form. Again, it's a very close call and, maybe I could've picked Dialga on some other day.

Palkia, on the other hand, suffers from terrible design, unfortunately.
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I don't really like any of them but if I had to choose I'd go with Dialga. I liked its design more than the other two. :'<

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old August 18th, 2013, 07:10 AM
mwuzatm

Dialga because diamond was my first 4th gen game
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Definitely Giratina, not only because it was my 4th gen. game, but also because he's actually AN EVIL LEGENDARY.

I mean come on, the guy got banned from the overworld for being too badass. Then, when awakened, he saves the whole of Sinnoh from being destroyed by an equally badass villain.

CAN YOU GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT? YES.

The guy has two forms, both epic-looking. He has an exclusive item ALL FOR HIMSELF. And get this: he has three immunities: Ground, fighting, and normal. And that ain't no Shedinja stuff, mind you!

Pairs - -
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here