The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?
Dialga 37 33.33%
Palkia 23 20.72%
Giratina 51 45.95%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Radiam
You're not even good enough to be my fake.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I like Giratina the most. It's just so cool! It has a different form and it lives in an alternate dimension! It's design is also pretty good as well. It's also mighty powerful. My second would have to be Palkia because Pokemon Pearl was my first 4th Gen game, and the first legendary I have ever caught! I sucked at catching them so that's why Palkia was my first legendary. I like it's design and it's also pretty epic in my opinion. Dialga would take third out of all three of the dragons. It's not that I hate it or anything, I actually like it. It's just not my favorite. I also don't really have much to say, as I would be basically repeating what I said about Palkia without the first legendary stuff.

-Radiam
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Azure Rathalδs
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

What the hell is a pakia?

Palkia is definitely my favourite. I find the ability to be able to warp the fabric of space something insanely powerful. I also think the fact it's a flying T-Rex and that Spacial Rend is probably one of best moves in the game helps.
Old August 20th, 2013 (04:30 AM).
tommax

Nature: Hardy
The 4th generation was the best generation so far for me and Platinum is my favourite game of all time.
Old August 20th, 2013 (02:14 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I like Palkia better. In my opinion, it has a better design than the other two. Also, its signature move, Spacial Rend, has a huge chance of landing critical hits. If it uses this move on either Giratina or Dialga and it turns out to be a critical hit, then they could be taken out instantly.

Giratina is my second favorite of the trio. It has two separate forms, it has a world of its own, and its background is quite interesting. There are many more reasons to like this Pokémon, but these are just a few. =)
Old August 20th, 2013 (02:44 PM).
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I've always liked Palkia more than Dialga, with its Spacial Rend and I like its design more. Hence why my Pearl version is my main game, along with Platinum, though Dialga is #2 for me.
Old August 20th, 2013 (07:59 PM).
lovechicken

Giratina has got to be one of my favorite pokemon. Hands down Giratina.
I just celebrated mine's 5th birthday :D july 29th 2008.
White: Samurott, Stoutland, Reuniclus, Conkledurr, Escavalier, Zekrom
White 2: Reuniclus, Carracosta, Archeops, Scoliopede, Accelgor, Haxorus
Silver: Arbok, Pidgeot, Espeon, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Lugia
Black 2: Mawile, Politoed, Raichu, Umbreon, Sunflora, Nidoqueen
Pearl: Jirachi, Salamence, Garchomp, Magnezone, Cradily, Empoleon
SoulSilver: Starmie (Twinkle), Aggron (Titanium), Charizard (Sodapop), Breloom (Funguy), Gengar (Malice), Houndoom (Simone)

Old August 20th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
My favorite's Dialga. First off, he just looks plain cool. He's all spiky and if science has proven anything is that people think spiky stuff are cool. Secondly, is his concept. Honestly, if ANYBODY said they didn't want to control time at some point they'd be lying. Lastly, is since he is the master of time, it gives me a good excuse to listen to the Pink Floyd song called Time. Hooray for having to find excuses for no reason!

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old August 24th, 2013 (07:06 AM).
Fiery Dash

I'm a Water-type user, my vote naturally goes to Palkia.
Giratina is not bad too, especially in Origin Forme.
I like it's wide movepool and it's base stats are great!
Besides I have a thing for serpent creatures, not a favorite.
Gyarados, Milotic, Dragonair, Giratina, Servine. :D
Old August 24th, 2013 (07:10 AM).
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Despite agreeing with all of those reasons, I prefer Dialga. I like offensive steel-types (Sinnoh was brilliant for giving me Dialga and Lucario), and although Giratina's typing was more unusual (although both are unique), and it had its own world, I prefer Dialga due to its movepool, and also because I chose Diamond over Pearl initially due to finding Dialga far more appealing than Palkia. Plus the music in the area where you find Giratina in DP just creeps me out too much
^ everything that was said here minus the part about Giratina's music.
I'm not too fond of dragon types but I do adore steel types. And a steel type that can dish out some damage like Dialga is okay in my books.

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old August 24th, 2013 (07:28 AM). Edited August 24th, 2013 by Dark Zapdos.
Dark Zapdos
Arose from Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Palkia Because it has a great typing,also Spacial rend is more useful then roar of time.
Old August 24th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
TheTorraRegion

Giratina, especially in Origin Forme, is my absolute favorite pokemon of all time. I mean, have you seen him?! Great stats, great moves, and, in my opinion, the best design of any pokemon. Giratina looks like a beast!
Old August 24th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Omicron
Prince of Heart

Nature: Modest
Giratina gets my vote hands down. An amazing design and great typing make it a great Pokemon.

mod of Trade CornerShowdown!
Happy Holidays!
Old September 1st, 2013 (01:52 PM).
LegendaryDragonTrainer
Giygogagohgwooh!

Nature: Lax
All the three of them are great legendary pokemon, but there is nothing that could ever beat giratina. I mean... It's just awesome! :D
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:26 AM).
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
Hmm, tough choice. I would probably choose Dialga, just because of its design.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:41 AM).
zakisrage
In the trunk on Highway 10

Nature: Impish
Giratina, definitely. Ghost/Dragon - how cool is that? Palkia is cool too. Not a fan of Dialga, though.
Helga: Look Phoebe, you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleep over you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
Phoebe: Just get out.
- Hey Arnold
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:50 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Honestly I don't like any of them, but based on the Water/Dragon typing and the slightly cooler design I'll have to choose Palkia. I've never been a fan of the huge angry powerful dragons and these three are no exception but I somewhat admire Palkia's design and concept so he narrowly makes it out as being a decent Pokémon. He's also relatively fun to use and has some cool moves to play with, so I quite like him!
Old September 3rd, 2013 (03:24 PM).
Peaverin

Im beetwen Palkia and Dialga. While Dialga is resistent to a lot of types but Fight and Ground deals him x2 damage, Palkia is just resistent to three types and just dragon attacks deals him x2damage.
But Palkia has an insane Special Attack, so I think Palkia is the best one.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Altair
Incognito

Both Dialga and Giratina I found interesting. Palkia... not so much.

Dialga's type combo negated the usual weakness of Dragons being Dragon and Ice type moves. It also comes packing with a really awesome signature move 'Roar of Time' tell me that doesn't sound severely awesome?

Giratina's type combo was very peculiar, it struck me as a Dark type. Giratina has my vote, it's such a badass Pokemon being banished for it's violence, has it's own world on the reverse side of ours and can change it's formes alternating it's Attack and Defense. I never normally use legends in my in-game team, but in Platinum it was too tempting to use Giratina. It's a real solid fighter.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (07:56 PM).
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
i dont know too much about palkia actually.
dialga is awesome to play with, and i hated giritina originally. too creepy looking(which is a good thing for its role). but after watching the movie giritina and the sky warrior, my opinion of giritina has changed. and all dialga and palkia do is fight eachother, like grow up. you guys are like a billion years old.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (09:44 PM).
Mp3beast
Master of Sound

Nature: Quiet
I'm in total agreement, Palkia was always super lame to me. What good is controlling Space with your...pointy head(?)...when you can control time with a roar? Giratina was that surprise I found while I was wandering around in my Pokemon Diamond version. I hadn't heard about it yet by the time I found it. I thought I was so cool for finding this "secret Pokemon." So Giratina will always be special to me. And it has its own reality, that kinda tops warping space.

Ig you want to battle or trade PM me and we'll exchange Friend Codes!
-I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.-
Old September 4th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Palkia all the way. I like water types and was shocked to find out Palkia is one, I was expecting a Dragon or Normal/Dragon or something but NOT water. That basically made him rock.
Only basically.
His signature slash (Spacial Rend, if I may) is so stylish in the anime that just hypes you even more.
And Spacial Rend. Don't get me started. I love that move, absolutely awesome at 100 power. It is this move that takes inspiration from the absolutely amazing Aeroblast.
I played Pearl in my first gameplay of Sinnoh, but that just impresses even more on how Palkia is awesome.
And then in PMD - Explorers of Darkness. Just my god. Saw that face? Just so awesome.

I can't know how the hell he isn't in the history books as the best ever Pokémon.
... alright, maybe a bit exaggerated, but still.
He's just beast. Saw those space-controlling hands? He made the matrix. Of course, Dialga can roar beast too, but here's to more style and action. Awesome awesome awesome.
Old September 4th, 2013 (06:36 AM).
Fighting Girl
Fighting Type Master

Palkia because Pearl was the first 4th gen game I got and because I like its look best.

Maylene is my favorite Gym Leader.
Old September 4th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
BloodFrostX
I miss permaweather.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodFrostX
I prefer Giratina. It has a decent defensive typing, good stats, good moveset.
Old September 12th, 2013 (04:54 PM).
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

I haven't played Diamond or Platinum or Pearl so I don't know much about their Legendaries. Just based on appearances, I think Dialga is the best.

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old September 12th, 2013 (06:19 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
I'm not a big fan of this trio honestly, but I love Ghost types and Giratina looks pretty awesome. Palkia looks like male genitalia and Dialga's teeth are placed awkwardly as if it were an old man that lost his top teeth. So yeah, Giratina it is for me! Plus it lives in a super cool place. Awww yeah.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links