The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
ps3smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcde22 View Post
Shiny Lotad in Pokemon Sapphire. Since then I have expanded... I'm fairly lucky when it comes to shinies. My grey Charizard and gold Steelix are still staples in my teams. Also have a gold Pidgeot, black and gold Luxray, grey and gold Metagross (favourite shiny) and green Skarmory my sister has only ever found a brown Starly... lolz bad luck.

EDIT: I have had others traded to me but these are my wild ones
you have found a lot of shiny pokemon lol
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Shiny Togepi in Gold. I was so sad when I found out the battery in my Gold game died and I lost little Togero. I do have another Shiny Togepi named Tegaro but it will never replace Togero.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I've been playing pokemon for 13 years now. Only one time in my life have I ever found a shiny pokemon. It was a shiny Oddish on the original Silver version, back then I didn't know why it was sparkling like that and accidentally killed it. Never found a shiny since.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
I think it was a Rattata in my Silver version (or Crystal, it was on a Gen II game, that much I recall).

After that it was a shiny Gastly in FireRed I had a while back, but I don't have either of those anymore.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Hmm.... My first was back in Tentacool in original gold but at the time I didn't know what a shiny was. First one I caught was Hoppip in the Safari Zone thing in Heartgold. I was extremely worried it was going to flee, but it didn't

Last edited by Iceman3317; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:34 AM
Psychic-X

The first shiny I got was a Shiny Ralts. I don't even remember how I got it though, I think it was in an egg :p

The second and last so far was a shiny Roselia I got in pearl. It is pretty awesome I think
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
The only shiny I've ever seen in any of my games is the shiny Gyrados from HeartGold.

I do, however, have a cousin who encountered a shiny Buizel, and gave it to me in exchange for a Bellsprout (which was kinda like the money of trading for us, we kept a few dozens in our PCs)

Pairs - -
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
KnockFan
Just a Beginner ...

My first shiny that I've saw and caught outside of the Gyarados in Gold is a Rhyhorn I saw in the Safari Zone from Leaf Green. I pretty much threw the ball and it got caught right there. I was pretty much quite excited at that point.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Ehrgeiz
CustomTitle1.Show()

Mine was a Golbat. I was training a Dragonite in Cerulean Cave for about an hour, then boom! random shiny. I was so excited on getting a shiny Crobat xD
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:23 PM
victreeplume

Nature: Naughty
My first shiny was a blue and cream Medicham in Victory Road in Diamond. I tried using it in the Elite 4 but it wasn't strong enough and I couldn't be bothered training it.

The second was only last month where I caught a level 7 golden Poochyena in Emerald. I decided that sucked too and I didn't use it :/

Tropius, Spearow and Tranquill

PM me if you'd like to add me! Need more friend codes
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:46 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I've encountered a couple of shinies across the Pokémon games I've played. I'm going to assume hacks don't count, but I should say that when I encountered the shinies, hackers had no idea how to make shiny Pokémon appear, never mind making the chances of finding one higher (so long story short, I'm counting the ones in hacks XD). My first was a Caterpie in a game called Pokémon Arcoiris. If memory serves, it was too low a level for me to attack without fainting it :(

If that's not good enough, my first shiny in a REAL Pokémon game (that wasn't the Gyarados in GSC) was a Metapod in LeafGreen. I was so very tense when I tried catching it, and was so very furious when it burst out of the last Pokéball I had. I mean it's catch rate surely isn't remotely high. ;_;

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old August 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
My first (and so far only) shiny is a male west sea shellos named Apricot.
Old August 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Soundless
~

Nature: Lonely
My first shiny was a Zubat in Pokemon Ruby. I was going to try to look for a Bagon in Meteor Falls, but I stumbled across the Zubat instead. I am not going to say I wasn't happy with this (; The Zubat, now Crobat, is currently on my Black at level 100~
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Nature: Quirky
I remember my first experience clear as day. I was playing Pokemon Gold on my gameboy color and I had already beaten the game. I was just exploring in the forest right before you get to Goldenrod city, where you find Celebi. I may have been training a weak Pokemon.

Anyway, I was confronted by a shiny Metapod, which gave it a pink color instead of the usual green. I was dumbfounded for two reasons:

1). When I saw the sparkles I was completely caught off guard and I questioned what it was.

2) It looked darn awesome and I knew it was rare.

It was during the time when I was looking up ways to get the pink Butterfree that the girl has behind the counter at the gate to Goldenrod City, so experiencing this event made me very excited. I had only known about the existence of shiny Pokemon for a short amount of time beforehand.

So I caught it and evolved it into a pink Butterfree which I kept in my PC for safekeeping in case any of my friends or siblings got a hold onto my game. Then I remember the day when I checked my PC and it wasn't there anymore, I think one of my friends tried to do a glitch or a cheat with my cartridge. I was devastated.

Anyway, that is my first shiny. A pink Metapod in Pokemon Gold . A fond memory of mine.
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
My first randomly-encountered shiny was a Shiny Silcoon which I came across one Thursday night earlier this year in HeartGold while doing the Bug Catching Contest at National Park.
Fairy
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
My first Shiny was a Shiny Donphan on Silver while I was wandering around Route 28 for some reason. Was probably heading to New Bark town or something when I found it. But I caught it anyways and I was soo happy. ♥ Too bad that I soon lost the Silver version along with my GBC but I hope someday I'll see a shiny in my Soul Silver that isn't a Shiny that I soft-resetted for or anything.
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
First shiny was a light blue bidoof..
I really can't believe why bidoof, still I was glad.
but man.. what a drag.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Aw man, most of you have had shinies? I've been playing Pokémon for years and I've never found one except the Red Gyarados from Gen II

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old August 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
My first shiny was a Whismur in Ruby. I thought it was diseased, so I just had to catch it.
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Tetra
moonblast
Community Supporter

I remember when I first found a shiny. I didn't even know that it was shiny, so I just ignored it and ran away. Then I thought, was that Geodude gold? I was annoyed by the fact that I could of have had a gold Pokémon. However, when I reached the Red Gyarados (G/S/C) I thought it was a special Pokémon so I caught it that time. I later found out that the gold Geodudes were called shiny and had a very low encounter rate. I was super mad :/
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:51 PM
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
My first shiny encounter was a Snover in Pokemon Diamond. I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw those sparkles! I swiftly caught it and stored it away in the PC.

Sadly, in a stupid move I traded it for my brother's level 100 Espeon. Now that I realize how rare they are, I really wish I didn't trade it.

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
JorgeAamelo
Reality Bender

Excluding the Red Gyrados, I have just found two Shiny Pokémon to date, maybe because I don't play that much (yet I plan to start playing more often again in the near future). I can't remember witch one I caught, as I was jsut able to catch the second one that appeared.

The second shiny that appeared was a Yellow Magikarp, I was unable to catch it though.

Proud Lover of the Brazilian Girl - Annaicat
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Matzeho1996

First shiny:Red Gyarados
second: magnemite in emerald
third: Geodude in Platinum
fourth: Pidgey in AshGrey

There is a R/S Remake? Finally, but I don't wanna get spoiled about new things :D
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Shiny Rufflet in White. Ran out of Pokeballs when I encountered it. It was really good in evading all of my pokeballs.

Not really an "encounter" but technically my first shiny I obtained was a Shiny Treecko via trade. It was a gift from a friend.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM
R.F.
totally human

My first shiny was a weepinbell back in Gold. I was training whatever Pokemon I was training when suddenly this guy came up. After that I got a shiny Spearow in Gold and Unown in Crystal. The only shiny after that was a shapedo which was mercilessly crited by my evil Magnemite in Sapphire ._.

Also in Snakewood I got this ugly piece of (you don't get me parser) which apparently is a rock type thing. Since its whole existence is a act against nature I destroyed its shiny form (which doesn't even have a color swap) mercilessly.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links