Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 28th, 2013 (03:33 AM). Edited September 8th, 2013 by Squirrel.
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Everyone! I've just let out the content I mentioned! Please check just above the little signatures I set out for you.

Good luck~

Yo, peeps! Stay active or I'll be forced to do something you won't like. So can you PLEASE post more before I do that thing? >:c
Old August 30th, 2013 (05:50 PM).

Nature: Docile
Well now I'm curious as to what that thing is (unless it's locking the thread. That would make me sad )

I am quite confused as to the clue thing. I'm not even sure if I'm trying to guess what something is, or if it makes up part of the "toxic question." Haha, it's probably something really obvious, tho. I'm terrible xD

That aside I FREAKING LOVE the Scolipede signature thingamajig... incorporating to sig now...
Old August 31st, 2013 (10:25 PM).
Banned

Well, I'll announce the prizes on the main page.

If you demand a hint, here is one:

One the most popular thread, it is now on the nineteenth of a little part of the forum used by Apple Juice. Good luck! (I made it too obvious, haha!)

Glad you like it!
Old September 7th, 2013 (01:56 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Joinin'! About time. :) I'll pick this adorable little guy as my favorite poison:

..which probably seems boring since it's a starter but I adore him so much. But outside Bulbasaur, whose primary type is grass, my other favorites are Crobat, Gasty's line, Scolipede, Roselia's line, the Nidorans.. it's hard to pick since a lot of them are awesome. Isn't this just amazing:

Spoiler:

Crobat has some great artwork!
Old September 7th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
Banned

Welcome Cirno! Good to have you have you here. Bulbasaur you say? Well, it is so gorgeous! I want one, so I can rub it's belly and feed it lettuce. So cute!

I totally agree! Its so hard to pick which family line is the best. But the Nidorans are just so gorgeous, so I'll have to go with them. :3

That art-work is amazing! I really love the colors used in that one. :O
Old September 8th, 2013 (01:32 AM).
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
I'd love to join, and rep poison types :D
I really like poison types, they make amazing walls when used right. and in my opinion are one of the best types to mix another type with!
my favorites : Haunter and toxicroak

Old September 8th, 2013 (01:43 AM).
Banned

Okay! Welcome to the club! :D

Congrats! I'll sign you up ASAP.
Old September 9th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Right. Bulbasaur. That little thing is so cute, and has almost always been my starter whenever it's offered. It's just too bad I don't generally like evolving Pokemon, but it seems that I must out of necessity, so I end up with Venusaur who I'm a lot more indifferent about (same can be said about most final stages for me).

Fortunately, if I get X or Y, I can have Bulbasaur stay a Bulbasaur, and just evolve the other creature I don't have any attachments towards. :P Not only that, but Mega Venusaur ain't worth it. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look any different, either.

...which coming from me, a person who says Pokemon's designs need to go back to being simple, is saying something.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 10th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Banned

I'm going to have Bulbasaur and Fennekin, can I get some applause? >:D
Old September 12th, 2013 (12:52 AM).
Banned

Yup, I can make an exception. I might not be able to add moves, but I'll do my best. If anyone wants any bonus Pokemon, lemme know.

Welcome, Cloyster! :D
Old September 15th, 2013 (04:20 PM).

I'm gonna join now.

I'll pick...

and...

Arbok because I did a Random Team Challenge on White and Arbok pulled my team along, and Venusuar was always my Gen 1 Starter (Charizard is overrated. ).
Old September 16th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Was it already stated somewhere here that (it appears as if) Fairy types are weak to poison? Considering Poison never had too many Pokémon to hold itself over, I suppose Poison types should should take what they can get.

I'm still holding out on being able to learn some Nidofems charm based moves. All these kissy attacks... why hasn't Nidoran Female learned any of them yet*? D: Unless it has and I just haven't been paying attention? I want to manipulate fools and break hearts play with the power of love**. ;_;

*In game. Any natural move could probably be learned if they have the means to do it iRL. Any Pokémon with teeth can bite, for example.
** I'm aware of Attract. T'ain't enough.

Old September 17th, 2013 (01:59 AM). Edited September 17th, 2013 by Nakala Pri.
Banned

Quote originally posted by joeyhugg:
I'm gonna join now.

I'll pick...

and...

Arbok because I did a Random Team Challenge on White and Arbok pulled my team along, and Venusuar was always my Gen 1 Starter (Charizard is overrated. ).
Welcome to the team, Joey! I hope you are a huge asset to this club, as it's a bit below on the list. :/ Well, with Gen 6 coming along we might have more stuff to talk about. :D

Quote originally posted by dbp:
Was it already stated somewhere here that (it appears as if) Fairy types are weak to poison? Considering Poison never had too many Pokémon to hold itself over, I suppose Poison types should should take what they can get.

I'm still holding out on being able to learn some Nidofems charm based moves. All these kissy attacks... why hasn't Nidoran Female learned any of them yet*? D: Unless it has and I just haven't been paying attention? I want to manipulate fools and break hearts play with the power of love**. ;_;

*In game. Any natural move could probably be learned if they have the means to do it iRL. Any Pokémon with teeth can bite, for example.
** I'm aware of Attract. T'ain't enough.
Yeah, I always reckoned Nidoqueen should learn Attract or Heart Stamp. :D That would be sooooo cool. Hey, they might introduce that in Gen 6. That would rock, huh?
Old September 17th, 2013 (07:25 AM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

^ I want to believe, I really do. Ugh, I want to get this game the Pokémonamie is pulling on me so hard but I can't because I'm a shlub.

What I wouldn't give for a full Pokedex leak right now. Or at least knowledge that people can transfer old Pokémon in straight away. The possibility of a French Nido-anything makes my active imagination go nuts with personality possibilities. :D

*Looks up heart stamp* Ohohoo, that's mean. I want that. There's no way a Woobat is more charming than Nidoran Female. Over my dead carcass. Miltank I'll buy for sure, though.

Old September 18th, 2013 (12:14 AM).
Banned

C'mon, they can't ignore the little Nido's! :3

Haha, Heart Stamp must be one of my favorite moves. Even though it's not thaaaaaaaaat good, I still love using it.

FRENCH NIDOQUEEN FOR THE WIN!!!! C:
Old September 18th, 2013 (01:53 AM). Edited September 20th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

I'm a fan of poison-type Pokémon, so I would love to join this group. I'm picking Gengar as my partner. ^^

Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
Probably generation three. They had access to Dustox, Roselia, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, and so much more!

What Is Your Favorite And Why?
My favorite poison Pokémon would definitely have to be Toxicroak. Its design is quite cool, and I find it to be really helpful when battling competitively. It has an Attack power that's better-than-average, and after a boost with Swords Dance, it could single-handedly take down many of your opposing Pokémon. Its Speed stat is excellent, so it should have no issues when it comes to outrunning other Pokémon. It's also got the Dry Skin ability, which enables it to restore more than half of its health when hit by water-type attacks.

Gengar would have to be my second favorite, because I just love its design. <3 Also, when I was a little kid, I used to think that this Pokémon was some sort of a legendary. Haha.

Least Favorite?
Zubat is my least favorite poison-type. This Pokémon gets in my way on every step whenever I'm in a cave. I had to spend a lot of money on repels just because of them. xD I don't like Tentacool too much, either. They could be pretty annoying whenever you're out in the sea.
Old September 18th, 2013 (01:57 AM).
Banned

Welcome, Haze!

I totally agree with everything you said there, in fact, one day I plan to have a huge Poison Type party. :3

Okay, I'll sign you up with Gengar, I sincerely hope you are a huge asset to the club! :D
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:43 AM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

I forgot about Tentacool. I used to love that thing's cry, I can still hear it in my head. And speaking of, I also really liked that old Pokémon episode "Tentacool and Tenatcruel". The whole idea of a giant Tentacruel was pretty cool, not to mention that one crazy lady. It also proved that Pokémon sizes seem to be relative, even though the giant Tentacruel's size was induced by something I no longer remember.

I haven't seen the anime in years, but I remember it being really bland in comparison when I stopped watching mid Hoenn. Did the show ever go back to season one animesque silliness or is the show still taking itself too seriously (insomuch that a Pokémon anime can)?

If this topic seemed to come from no where, you're right. But then again, are there any active subjects going on right now? Something's better than nothing.

Old September 19th, 2013 (09:09 AM).
Love-Crazy and Music Mad

Nature: Relaxed
Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
Gen four,Eat your heart out Nidoking
What Is Your Favorite And Why?
I really like Crobat,cause he give zubat even more to love!
Least Favorite?
Muk...Pile of Sludge
Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?
Koga
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:32 PM). Edited September 19th, 2013 by Nakala Pri.
Banned

Welcome to the team, Emerald! Glad to have you! :D

I agree with most of that, except that Muk bit. He is a timeless classic! You've got to love that pile of sludge! C:

Quote originally posted by dbp:
I forgot about Tentacool. I used to love that thing's cry, I can still hear it in my head. And speaking of, I also really liked that old Pokémon episode "Tentacool and Tenatcruel". The whole idea of a giant Tentacruel was pretty cool, not to mention that one crazy lady. It also proved that Pokémon sizes seem to be relative, even though the giant Tentacruel's size was induced by something I no longer remember.

I haven't seen the anime in years, but I remember it being really bland in comparison when I stopped watching mid Hoenn. Did the show ever go back to season one animesque silliness or is the show still taking itself too seriously (insomuch that a Pokémon anime can)?

If this topic seemed to come from no where, you're right. But then again, are there any active subjects going on right now? Something's better than nothing.
Haha, I forgot about Tentecool and Tentacruel! They're so underrated... I wonder why. *puts on thinking hat*

I really want to watch the anime, I'll get my bro to download it for me around my B-day, get down to the core of da Poison types!! :D

Thanks, dbp, I really appreicate your posting. Some people aren't that talkative, but hey, at least we're getting more members and X/Y will introduce some rockin' Toxies. c:
Old September 20th, 2013 (04:27 AM). Edited September 20th, 2013 by Patrick.
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Probably because you can't throw a rock without hitting one while surfing. Same reason people can't stand Zubat. And yet everyone seemingly likes Crobat. I never knew!

Even I got tired of Tentacool in Sapphire, since that game is nothing but surfing.

And it seems hard to keep conversations going in clubs, is something I've noticed, unless that Pokemon/character has enough material on its own to go off of. Say, a club on Gary would at least have a lot of source material to fall back on, and character dissections and what not. Pokemon are a species within a species... possibly within another species. Pokemon don't have complicated stories unless you give it to one, and even then, that story only applies to that one, not the whole.

That's the good and bad thing about the series. Pokemon by default are pretty bland save for some iffy things the Pokedex'll tell you, but at least you can take a few of them and make them much more interesting, and people can't really argue against it because it doesn't effect the entire subspecies. I still say it's the only franchise where everyone with active imaginations win.

Anyhow, that's why I fall back on "oh yes, I remember XYZ" or post found fan art, except I don't have any worth posting. No wait, lies. Found this yesterday (1st attach). The second picture's just because it's cute. Still, people in Japan don't draw enough of this family. -_-

ETA: After having looked at that second pic for a while, I feel like the series could use some more unassuming poison types. Like the aforementioned Tentacool. I tend to think water type before I think poison. Or the much earlier mentioned Bulbasaur. A cute little guy/gal that most people would instantly see as grass. I dunno if I'm the only one that sees the Nido family as something that just is. Maybe others make the poison association, but I'm so used to them at this point they're just rabbit chimera and nothing more. Heck, I forget they're poisonous until I see pictures of people holding one, and I think "isn't that dangerous?"

So yeah, more poison types like Tentacool, Bulbasaur, Oddish and Nidoran would be nice. I'm sure they can make some more charming critters that don't seem all that dangerous, like Horsea (who's 100% water, of course).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg awesome.jpeg‎ (483.0 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png 20130324-.png‎ (20.4 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old September 20th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
Love-Crazy and Music Mad

Nature: Relaxed
Anybody like to use Roserade? I think she's a good Posion Type to fight with,she's been winning alot of PokeShowdown matches~ But i kinda like TentaCruel
Old September 20th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Banned

I'm using Roserade on Pokemon Pearl. An absolute charm to have, no doubt. xD Giga Drain and Leech Seed saved my hide on more then one occasion, like with that gruesome Skunktank... which I despise.... ehehehehehe!

Just kidding, I freaken adore Skunktank, it's just when people spam moves over and over again, then... ugh, I'm not going to go into the details, but yeah. xD
Old September 20th, 2013 (11:13 PM). Edited September 20th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

Roserade is all right. It's got a decent Speed stat, which allows it to outrun many OU Pokémon such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Swampert. It has good Sp. Defense, too, which enables it to last quite a few turns when it's facing a special-attacking Pokémon like Espeon or Suicune. This Pokémon has access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and these moves poison your opponent and reduce their health by ten to fifteen percent whenever they call out a new Pokémon on the field. Roserade has extremely low Defense stat though, so it can be taken down instantly as soon as a physical move is landed on it. Whenever your opponent has a physical-hitting Pokémon on their side, you have to be very careful with it. d:

I used to have this Pokémon on my team two-three years ago when battling competitively. Nowadays, I just don't use it as much as I used to. xD"
Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:15 PM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Hey ya'll. Lucky I found this on Google images, and I wasn't even trying. See attachment.

Sure, I don't pay attention to type very much, but it's fun too see the ones included that I wouldn't really think of as Poison otherwise, like Bellsprout, Roselia, or as mentioned before, Bulbasaur, and even the ghosts.

And I gotta say it, the heck is up with Nidorina's forearm? Gah, lrn 2 dra
Spoiler:
Yes, I'm clearly joking. The rest of it looks great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poisoncollage.jpg‎ (254.5 KB, 43 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)