The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Miles Hikari
Scientist of Chaos

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Maybe someone can help me here cause something in my research is turning up weird. I was reading about abilities and it said that a Pokemon with the ability found in the first ability slot will evolve and get the ability of its first slot, what ever it maybe. What's confusing me is my own Slowking, Veal. When I got her as a Slowpoke her ability was Own Tempo, the second slot ability. But when she evolved she gained her hidden (third slot) ability Regenerator, not that I can complain. I'm just trying to figure out if that's normal or not.
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Outnumbered
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Outnumbered
That's completely not possible. Regenerator is Slowpoke's Dream World ability. The only was it can have this ability in general is to have either come directly from the Dream World, or to have bred a Slowpoke/other things in evo line, with a Male that's compatible to breed with it. It shouldn't have just randomly changed. :9

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
Release it. I think there's a problem.
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Miles Hikari
Scientist of Chaos

Nature: Relaxed
Well that's what happened... Oh I forgot to mention that she's most likely hacked. A acquaintance of my asked me if I could have any Pokemon what would it be, next thing I know he sends me the exact Pokemon I described. A Shiny female slowpoke at level one, quiet natured with the ability Own tempo. I don't know if that would change anything.
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
That Pokemon is most definitely hacked. When it evolved the ability probably changed to adjust to the Pokemon's data.
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Its not normal. Abilities can only change like that if you evolved it after shifting it up a generation in which it gained a second ability, where the game will give it the appropriate Ability according to the Pokemons PID.

This can only happen in a gen 5 native Pokemon through editing, so you must be mistaken. ;P

Edit: Just saw you got it in a trade. Yeah looks like your friend gave you a crappy hack. :/

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
It's hacked? Definitely get rid of it then. It could become a liability.
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Well, this question has already been answered before I noticed it, but please, next time use the appropriate Quick Questions thread for any question you may have having to do with issues in gameplay that you need help figuring out.

Closed due to being in wrong thread.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here