The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I still need to get a Micro SD card for my phone. I'd like to store my music on my phone so that I don't have to haul my iPod Touch around just for music, and so that I don't have to load up the internal storage on my tablet either.

Also, I really wish that WP8 had a button on the camera to take a photo with on screen like iOS and Android, since having to hold down on the screen or pressing the camera button on my 520 causes a bit of shakiness in most shots.
Fairy
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I still need to get a Micro SD card for my phone. I'd like to store my music on my phone so that I don't have to haul my iPod Touch around just for music, and so that I don't have to load up the internal storage on my tablet either.

Also, I really wish that WP8 had a button on the camera to take a photo with on screen like iOS and Android, since having to hold down on the screen or pressing the camera button on my 520 causes a bit of shakiness in most shots.
I think it's probably a good thing that microSD cards come cheap these days. I bought a 16 GB card at checkout, along with a matching screen protector. Im still getting used to the slightly smaller display: it's tripping me up.

You don't need to hold. Just tap the area you want to focus, and then keep the phone steady. The phone always takes a picture after focusing with that method.

Also, do take advantage of the Nokia Camera beta. It might be a bit slower to start, but it's very capable.

I find it interesting that my phone already came with Lumia Black installed.
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Congrats on the 520, I hope its serving you well!
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stud Muffin View Post
Congrats on the 520, I hope its serving you well!
I'm actually using the Nokia Lumia 525. Compared to the 520, it has a major difference: 1 GB of RAM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Even better then! Didn't it just come out? Also, that plastic body, isn't it worse then the smooth plastic of the 520?
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I like matte plastics better. Thank goodness the black cover is matte and feels soft to the touch.

Seeing as the 520 costs the same as the 525 on actual retail right now, I decided to skip the 520.
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

0_0 It come in matte black? That was the one thing that stopped me from choosing WP8 over android, besides the apps.
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stud Muffin View Post
0_0 It come in matte black? That was the one thing that stopped me from choosing WP8 over android, besides the apps.
Actually, I am pretty sure that every single Windows Phone has some kind of black when it comes to colour choices. Black is a safe colour just in case.

Also, dark colours tend to be matte when it comes to Nokia phones.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I hope you enjoy your new phone. I'm certainly enjoying my new battery and case on my phone! I have over seven hours screen time and 58 percent battery.
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I think I better find a real case for my phone. I'd hate to see the phone meeting an untimely end.
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

My mother recently orded a case for my 520 and I'm still waiting for that to arrive.
Fairy
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
I don't think anyone makes cases for my phone anymore (if they even did at all). Once I get a new phone in a couple years though, I'm definitely getting a case for it. It seems like phones these days are way too fragile without it. :/
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I'm working on getting a phone case for my mom. She wants one that is waterproof, shatterproof, and coffeeproof because she's super clumsy when it comes to using her phone. I was able to upgrade her to the iPhone this Christmas (so we have the same phones again haah) and she hasn't been careful since then. There's already a small crack at the corner of her phone. >_<
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

My mother has a generic plastic case on her iPhone 4 and my father has an Otterbox case on his iPhone 5.. it seems like with the Otterbox cases, they literally double the width of the phones.
Fairy
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

If I could get a case that also acts as a cover for my phone... that'd be nice.

Nice topic. :3

Last edited by Twiggy; January 6th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
ha.

hahahahahahahahaha.

i mistook this as the regular DCC though. D:

My current wallet serves as a case for my phone, which is better because I can't forget one or the other. I just take both. :D
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Seeing as my phone is so new, it's going to be tough trying to find a case. :s
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I know, I know alcatel, but this things a looker. I wish Sony never dropped the light up plastic.
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Whoa, this is cool.. but apparently Android has an Alt+Tab feature whenever you have a physical keyboad attached to it...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2014-01-06-15-39-19.png‎ (638.9 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Fairy
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cordelia
Banned

My phone has a massive case about the same size as an otterbox defender. But it has the massive battery. I'll need to actually charge it tonight lmao.
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

If you still have the same case, it's nowhere near the size of a Defender. They're just big and bulky. I had one on my old phone and, while it's built like a tank, it more than doubled the size of it. Plus the rubber on them doesn't hold up very well...the case that I have (which is the same as yours) has actually held up much better on this phone.

And guys I ordered an SSD for my desktop. Looking forward to installing that Wednesday when it gets here. \o/

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I think someone will probably get around to making a highly protective phone case for the 52x phones because they probably will end up becoming the most popular Windows Phones in the world - wait a sec, they already are!

I suspect I will be getting a soft case. I don't like hard-feeling plastic. They feel cheap. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.)
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula View Post
If you still have the same case, it's nowhere near the size of a Defender. They're just big and bulky. I had one on my old phone and, while it's built like a tank, it more than doubled the size of it. Plus the rubber on them doesn't hold up very well...the case that I have (which is the same as yours) has actually held up much better on this phone.

And guys I ordered an SSD for my desktop. Looking forward to installing that Wednesday when it gets here. \o/
I have a new case because my battery is now about three times larger than my old one was.
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I wonder whether the new case I will get in the future will supplement or replace the current cover...

What do you guys think is better?
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

I honestly say it's up to you really :3

Still waiting on the Trident case my mom bought for the 520 from Amazon...
Fairy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here