Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page DCC Developers, developers, developers, developers

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Closed Thread

Old February 18th, 2014 (09:58 AM).

What ever happened to 3d printing
Old February 18th, 2014 (10:48 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Wackowar:
What ever happened to 3d printing
It's still going on, but it's not quite in the limelight at this point. 3D printing is still rather immature and not quite well suited for the general public at this point, though, as with any technology, it's going to improve soon, consistently. Remember the first 3D printers? I don't want to remember that - today's are miles ahead.

This assignment is making my head kind of spin. I know my logic is good. The only problem? How to make use of pthreads(). (I'm coding within a virtual machine again.)
Old February 18th, 2014 (03:00 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Hmm 3D printing.. that seems like a topic of its own, but I'm not sure how much of an interest it would spark, really :3
Old February 19th, 2014 (12:36 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

There seems to be something with my email address and unexpected sign-ups to dating sites. -.-;;

*contacts Plentyoffish Customer Support*
Old February 19th, 2014 (02:27 AM).
ModeratorCS

I've never had anyone sign me up for stuff using my email address thank gosh, but I've heard of people using their email accounts to make an Apple ID. The person I knew that had their email address used on someone else's Apple ID actually took the account and found information. Then again, this person's email name is something a little more common than my screenname.
Old February 19th, 2014 (02:50 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

I think there is a very good reason why sites should send a confirmation email every time a user signs up
Old February 19th, 2014 (04:14 AM).
Murder is the way.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Fernbutter
Quote originally posted by Twiggy:
I think there is a very good reason why sites should send a confirmation email every time a user signs up
Really? What do you think it's for. Aside from basic security reasons.

In a way it seems good enough to keep bots away, and other types of disturbing nuisances, but if I had to pick having those around and having to go to my email just to do the confirmation, I would go with bots, I am probably too lazy to even be discussing about this.

There should be a signature here somewhere.
I wonder where it's gone.
Old February 19th, 2014 (04:22 AM).
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Fernbutter:
Really? What do you think it's for. Aside from basic security reasons.
Well, here's a thought: would you want someone posing as you on a website you didn't sign up at and using your email? I know for sure that I wouldn't want that.
Old February 19th, 2014 (06:02 AM). Edited February 19th, 2014 by Twiggy.
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

I've personally seen strange registrations using my email address with regard to at least one children-oriented game site and another personals site.

Nuked both accounts.
Old February 19th, 2014 (07:09 AM).
ModeratorCS

Hmm, has anyone ever seen a keyboard for visually impaired people like this before?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140219_001.jpg‎ (379.8 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 19th, 2014 (08:34 AM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Zach:
Hmm, has anyone ever seen a keyboard for visually impaired people like this before?
Yeah, a department store here sells that very model. It's apparently waterproof as well.

I keep getting spam emails concerning a RuneScape account that I don't actually have. They're all spam.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old February 19th, 2014 (10:36 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

I kind of like how you can have piecemeal component upgrades in Windows Phone 8. My phone just received an update for its touchscreen drivers (driving?) and now I can turn off haptic feedback when I press any capacitive button.

After trying it out for a while, though, I got weirded out and reset the setting.

I kind of like how you can have piecemeal component upgrades in Windows Phone 8. My phone just received an update for its touchscreen drivers (driving?) and now I can turn off haptic feedback when I press any capacitive button.

After trying it out for a while, though, I got weirded out and reset the setting.
Old February 19th, 2014 (10:58 AM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave

I'm honestly not a big fan of haptic feedback. I find it weird and not normal.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old February 19th, 2014 (11:13 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
I'm honestly not a big fan of haptic feedback. I find it weird and not normal.
That might be true, but the alternative isn't much better. No feedback at all tends to make you wonder "is it working?".
Old February 19th, 2014 (11:35 AM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I only have haptic feedback on my keyboard, but even then it's very minimal. Maybe 10ms? I'm not sure off the top of my head. My tablet doesn't have a vibrator and I tend to type OK on it.
Old February 19th, 2014 (12:40 PM).
Rocket Boss
Platinum Tier

Haptics on my phone keep me sure that I'm typing something; it's kind of hard for me not to have it on. As for my computer? Naw. :P
Old February 19th, 2014 (12:44 PM).
ModeratorCS

The only haptics I'm aware of on my phone are when I press the back, start, or search buttons.
Old February 19th, 2014 (03:48 PM).
Rocket Boss
Platinum Tier

So, my shiny new earbuds and my 32 GB USB 3 flash drive came in the mail today. ATM I'm transfering all 39,000 files from my old USB 2 drive onto my new one, and I can finally hear good bass again. <3
Old February 19th, 2014 (08:44 PM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

I prefer comfy headphones. I'm actually surprised that a set of over-ear cana can sound so nice and stay comfy after all these bad past experiences. (I use a Sennheiser HD 439 at home.)

Also, once you go USB 3, you don't go back.
Old February 20th, 2014 (06:02 PM).
ModeratorCS

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the world of USB 2.0 because of how hold my systems are.. but my USB external hard drive is USB 3.0-compatible. Can't wait to get my next laptop, because I'm definitely sure that it will have USB 3.0 ports :P
Old February 20th, 2014 (11:53 PM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the world of USB 2.0 because of how hold my systems are.. but my USB external hard drive is USB 3.0-compatible. Can't wait to get my next laptop, because I'm definitely sure that it will have USB 3.0 ports
...I think I forgot to ask about your future laptop. What do you want in your next laptop?
Old February 21st, 2014 (04:17 AM).
ModeratorCS

...I think I forgot to ask about your future laptop. What do you want in your next laptop?
Hmm, at least either an i3 or an i5 processor, more than 4G of RAM, and good graphics (not sure with laptops' graphics lmao).. and touch screen is optional, but it'd be good to have one of those! And something that's not HP.
Old February 21st, 2014 (05:58 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Hmm, at least either an i3 or an i5 processor, more than 4G of RAM, and good graphics (not sure with laptops' graphics lmao).. and touch screen is optional, but it'd be good to have one of those! And something that's not HP.
Cool. What about your expected budget?
Old February 21st, 2014 (06:10 AM).
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Funny, I'm shopping around for a laptop with pretty much those exact specs. i3, i5 or AMD equivalent, 4GB+, 750GB+ HDD. Idc about graphics though, it isn't for gaming. :P

budget is around $600 but I can stretch a little if needed. Don't care about what OS it comes with, going to put Ubuntu on it right away.
Old February 21st, 2014 (06:13 AM).
ModeratorCS

Cool. What about your expected budget?
Unsure.. but if I had to say, somewhere between $500-$700 USD. Oh, and something between 750GB and 1TB for HDD space, SSHD or HDD preferred.

Quote originally posted by SS01:
Funny, I'm shopping around for a laptop with pretty much those exact specs. i3, i5 or AMD equivalent, 4GB+, 750GB+ HDD. Idc about graphics though, it isn't for gaming. :P
Yeah, same. I'm not gonna use it for gaming, but just better browsing on-the-go.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)