The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Pokemount
Hello

Nature: Jolly
I think Cacturne is one of the scariest since it is a walking, living scarecrow.
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Poki
Et tu, Brute?

Nature: Calm
What is the scariest grass type?
Parasect. It's a friggin zombie! D: The mushroom took over its body and it's now lifeless, hence the lack of pupils.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
To me the scariest Grass type Pokemon is definitely Ferrothorn. It would be absolutely a pain to touch because of all of his barbs and not to mention he could swing his barbed extensions at you. Also he is an incredibly ugly Pokemon to look at and just overall one that scares me in battle.
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Ferrothorn, for same reasons as Jelli stated above. The spikes literally creep me out not to mention how annoying it is in battle, and spikes sure do hurt a lot if you damage it with contact moves.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old August 14th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemount View Post
Username: Pokemount
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Mount or Brendan
Two grass-type Pokemon: Victreebel and Vileplume
Partner Pokemon: Roserade!

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? As of now it is Roserade (prior to gen 4 it was Victreebel).
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I'd have to go with Erika. I love her design and character, and the pokemon she uses.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? I love how great they can be in battle, from healing your pokemon with aromatherapy, putting a target to sleep, and just knocking out opponents with a deadly solarbeam!
What is your favorite grass-type starter?
Very close call between Chikorita and Treecko.

Question: Would you like me to design userbars so members can put them on their signatures?
I think it would be a nice addition.
Hello Brendan! Welcome to the Grass-type fan club! Hope you enjoy it here. <3

I have added you to the list with your two Pokemon being Victreebel and Vileplume but if you want me to change it then just ask!

Remember to keep active everybody! :D
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed

Honestly its a tie between Exeggcute and Ferrothorn. While I do like using Exeggcute itself, the concept of it is kinda scary. How do multiple eggs lay an egg which then hatches into more eggs? I mean, the concept of reproduction can be applied to the Pokemon world but it just doesn't make any sense at all. Plus its original sprite in the first games was horrifying. There was this one huge egg with an arrogant expression and then its cronies around it. The thought of what would happen if they hit the ground with such impact that one of the eggs broke in half, is also an unpleasant thought that I don't want to linger on. And how do they stick together all the time? Are they like pulled by a magnetic force? What happens to three eggs when it evolves? Is it like the there were ten sausages on a wall song or what? On a side note, it just slightly creeps me out. Sorry Exeggcute. :(

Second place goes to Ferrothorn. A spiky alien-like creature that just glares at you grumpily. Terrifying. Imagine what it would feel like. Imagine pricking your finger on a cactus except a thousand times worse. It just looks so unwelcoming, reckless and a criminal-like Pokemon. I hate its design and I don't understand how it has anything to do with the nature-loving grass types. Plus imagine being lashed by one of those three whip-like arms. Painful. Overall its a tie between Exeggcute and Ferrothorn though.

And I'm gonna make a quick comment on TrainerMussadiq's post. Aren't all grass-types technically moving plants? Or at least the majority of them? You've got moving mushrooms, moving grass snakes, moving flowers, moving everything, that Venusaur doesn't really stand out. Do you mind explaining a bit more on why Venusaur is terrifying? I mean I personally find Victreebel scarier at the thought of a human-sized fly trap but that's just me. :p

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

For me, the scariest grass type has got to be Ferrothorn. Those menacing eyes and spikes just make it more of a beast of nightmares than a sprite of happiness and joy.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Seems a lot of people reckon that Ferrothorn is the scariest grass-type of them all! Personally, I don't think his appearance is that scary at all so I went to the Pokemon Database and read his Pokédex descriptions.

Quote:
By swinging around its three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, it can obliterate an opponent.
And

Quote:
A hit from these steel spikes can reduce a boulder to rubble.
So you wouldn't want to mess with this guy!

Last edited by Éclair; August 17th, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoko View Post

Yo, Pizza! ^-^ Like the name! Kind of rolls off the tongue. Leafeon is actually my second favorite Pokemon from the eeveelution chain! I plan on using it once I begin a new file on Pokemon White. Have you had any experience with using it competitively? If so, some advise would nice.

By the way, Chikorita is definitely on my top ten favorite Pokemon list! It's adorable!
Spoiler:

I never used Leafeon competitively, so I don't really know about that, I just think it's cute <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark32 View Post
Parasect. It's a friggin zombie! D: The mushroom took over its body and it's now lifeless, hence the lack of pupils.
I agree, it reminds me of The Last of Us.

Old August 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Scariest Grass-type Pokémon?

Need I say more than Shiftry?

Old August 16th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Slayr231

I was going to say Shiftry, but then I remembered the anime episode featuring a Shiftry that kidnapped Nurse Joy so that she could help a sick Nuzleaf. Ever since then, I see them more as misunderstood than evil. XD
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Ràinbowdàsh

Username : RàinbowDàsh
Nickname : Rainbowdash
Two grass type pokemon : Cherrim and deerling
Partner pokemon : Cherrim (sun form since it's cuter and are on the list )
Partners nickname : Zyra

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Grovyle, ever since mystery dungeon explorers of time that has been my all time favorite, before that it was bellossom
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I have to go with Erika, she is so nice in the anime that i still remember it and i like her pokemon in the games
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? uhm.. i dont really know i just do it :D
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Treecko and Turtwig is my favorite starters, but if i had to choose one of them, it would have been treecko
Old August 17th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ràinbowdàsh View Post
Username : RàinbowDàsh
Nickname : Rainbowdash
Two grass type pokemon : Cherrim and deerling
Partner pokemon : Cherrim (sun form since it's cuter and are on the list )
Partners nickname : Zyra

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Grovyle, ever since mystery dungeon explorers of time that has been my all time favorite, before that it was bellossom
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? I have to go with Erika, she is so nice in the anime that i still remember it and i like her pokemon in the games
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? uhm.. i dont really know i just do it :D
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Treecko and Turtwig is my favorite starters, but if i had to choose one of them, it would have been treecko
Happy to have you here, Rainbowdash! You have been added to the member list! Sunshine Cherrim sure is a cutie and Deerling has it's good qualities. ^-^

What do you think is the eeriest grass-type Pokemon out there?
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mintyy
Minty~

Nature: Sassy
Username: Mintyy
Nickname: Minty
Two grass-type Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form) and Sunflora
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form)
Partner's nickname: Rain

Fav Grass type and why?: I simply adore Leafeon and Chikorita! I was a gen 2 girl and I'm kinda bias when it comes to any gen 2 Pokémon! I love its design and just the pure cuteness! Leafeon is for the same reasons, they have a similar character design with the leaf on the head, and I love the green textures!
Fav Grass type Gym Leader: Has to be either Erika or Gardenia! I love both character's personalities, their design, and the Pokemon they use!
What made me love grass types?: I love how they can be both elegant, and ferocious! No two are ever the same, even if they use similar colour textures! Each have a very unique and unforgettable look, plus the majority of them are super adorable (or super cool and fierce)!
Fav starter Grass type?: Chikorita! Super cute, and Meganium is a tank!
Eeriest Grass Type?: If it's pure grass, it has to be Carnivine. I'm not a big fan of Venus Flytraps, and how it always like noms on James makes me think that it'd eat other people too! If it's the secondary type, it has to be Parasect. Like seriously? It's possessed by a fungus! It's like The Last of Us, only Parasect was like before it! Super creepy if you ask me, it's a zombie.
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Slayr231

Welcome to the club Minty! I'm not the owner so I can't formally welcome you into the club, but I can at least greet you!

Parasect is a little creepy, with those eyes with no pupils and brainless wandering. It'll have you think twice before evolving it, forcing it to lose the struggle over its own body. I like Carnivine because I used to have a Venus Fly-trap. They aren't that big, contrary to popular belief, as the bigger ones only grow to be about a foot tall. Mine probably grew to ten inches, but I had to get rid of it when I moved to a less humid environment where it couldn't survive. Back on topic, Carnivine I could imagine eating a few people if one ever got the psychotic urge to.
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyy View Post
Username: Mintyy
Nickname: Minty ^^
Two grass-type Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form) and Sunflora
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin (Sky form)
Partner's nickname: Rain

Fav Grass type and why?: I simply adore Leafeon and Chikorita! I was a gen 2 girl and I'm kinda bias when it comes to any gen 2 Pokémon! I love its design and just the pure cuteness! Leafeon is for the same reasons, they have a similar character design with the leaf on the head, and I love the green textures!
Fav Grass type Gym Leader: Has to be either Erika or Gardenia! I love both character's personalities, their design, and the Pokemon they use!
What made me love grass types?: I love how they can be both elegant, and ferocious! No two are ever the same, even if they use similar colour textures! Each have a very unique and unforgettable look, plus the majority of them are super adorable (or super cool and fierce)!
Fav starter Grass type?: Chikorita! Super cute, and Meganium is a tank!
Eeriest Grass Type?: If it's pure grass, it has to be Carnivine. I'm not a big fan of Venus Flytraps, and how it always like noms on James makes me think that it'd eat other people too! If it's the secondary type, it has to be Parasect. Like seriously? It's possessed by a fungus! It's like The Last of Us, only Parasect was like before it! Super creepy if you ask me, it's a zombie.
Hi Minty! Thank you for joining the club! Always good to have more members. ^-^ You are now officially added to the list with your two grass-type Pokemon! I personally prefer Shaymin's land form for it's cuteness but sky form is cool because it's more bad-ass. :P I also love Sunflora's cheeky expression!

I hope you enjoy it here!

@southpark32 and Slayr231 You two have made six posts to this club so I think you guys need to choose another Pokemon from the list! :D Lucky you!

Last edited by Éclair; August 17th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Slayr231

Cool! I'll take Cradily. It's extremely underrated in competitive play and can sweep teams thanks to my sweeper set I made.
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
The most eeriest would probably be Carnivine. Shrifty is an ugly midget human who uses his leaves to attack. Oooooh, scary. xD But Carnivine could probably digest you... and like it. c:<

Cradily is kinda creepy, might even outrun Carnivine.
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mintyy
Minty~

Nature: Sassy
Thanks, Mokoko! I like both forms of Shaymin, I just did a coin toss for which one I wanted as a partner I'm a G2 girl myself, so Sunflora was defs on my list

Thanks for allowing me to join!
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Ràinbowdàsh

So what is like the current topic here that you all talk about? :p
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Slayr231

We're currently talking about the scariest grass type, but the topic is starting to run dry so I think it's time for a new topic.
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Radiam
This is my breaking point.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Username: Radiance
Nickname: I don't want a nickname, just call me Radiance! :3
Two Grass-type Pokemon: Turtwig, Seedot.
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig
Partners Nickname: Twiggy

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
It would have to be Turtwig. It's just so cute and it evolves into my favorite evolution!

Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
It has to be Gardenia. She isn't that powerful but I just like her for some reason.

What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
Nature. I love being outside and grass type Pokemon are nature.

What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin).
Turtwig! ^w^

Scariest Grass-type:
Ferrothorn. It has thorns and it looks in-human! It's creepy and scary :c
Old August 18th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Castform

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Welcome to the club Radiance!

Turtwig is certainly a cutie isn't he? I personally have never been to fond of his family, but it is really cool that you are such a fan :D What do you find so fascinating about Turtwig and his evolutions? I am curious because you don't see many Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra fans out there, haha.

I cartainly agree with you on Ferrothorn. He is very hideous
Old August 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Radiam
This is my breaking point.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
@jellicentfan1

I've just been fascinated by Turtles. I have no clue why though!

Not a lot of people do like them, you're right. I think they're underrated
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Slayr231

I like Torterra as he used to hold a spot on my grass team. He was good for a long time, but I just didn't need the extra ice weaknesses and he was chopped.

With that note I welcome you to the club Radiance!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links