Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 30th, 2013 (11:27 PM).
I'm the fury in your head
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Which grass type would you consider the best battler?

Ferrothorn is a no-brainer here. It's one of the best defensive walls in the competitive metagame due to its many resistances and lack of weaknesses. Plus its Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet combo can be pretty good for wearing down those who rely on using physical attacks, which likely involves it getting it with contact moves.

And Venusaur is one that's also been standing out in recent generations, with Chlorophyll it can wreck a lot of things in the sun, and its Mega got a useful ability in Thick Fat, which automatically removes two of its major weaknesses. It's a good all-rounded attacker which can take hits at the same time.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old January 2nd, 2014 (06:10 AM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed

Looks like I'm too late, everyone's spoken my words for me!

I haven't used many grass-types in my team before (I still love 'em but) so I don't know for sure, but I do know that Breloom is an excellent sweeper and just an altogether great Pokemon!

I hear a lot of positive talk about Ferrothorn so I guess he also makes a great grass-type to have in your party. Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet sounds sweet. <3

Happy New Year everyone!
Just wanted to say that. :D
Old January 2nd, 2014 (05:48 PM).
A Scene In Between
ModeratorBSCS

I would say Celebi. Its stats are all-around perfect, and has access to a variety of moves in its arsenal as well. It could be used either offensively and defensively without any sort of issues; it's all up to you! Breloom is also quite useful. As long as it has Spore, Seed Bomb, Substitute, and Focus Punch in its moveset, it would be extremely hard to stop. If it's got Poison Heal ability and holds onto a Toxic Orb, it'd become even more hard. I've used Breloom in the past while battling, and found plenty of success. :]
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:51 AM).
We can't go home, not anymore
Super Moderator

Nature: Calm
Okay, new topic!

What type do you think is the best secondary type to grass?
What I mean is which additional type on a grass pokemon is the best one to have? Is it water because it relieves the fire and ice weaknesses while adding a STAB that's extremely handy for said fire types? Is it steel because of the added resistances? Discuss!
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:08 AM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Slayr231:
Okay, new topic!

What I mean is which additional type on a grass pokemon is the best one to have? Is it water because it relieves the fire and ice weaknesses while adding a STAB that's extremely handy for said fire types? Is it steel because of the added resistances? Discuss!
Water helps take away the Fire and Ice weaknesses for sure. Ludicolo, being both types, makes him quite resistant and using Scald helps fight off the Fire and Ice types. Steel is powerful but one well-placed Fire or Ground move would take a Grass/Steel type quickly.

I was thinking Grass/Ground. Weak to Ice x4 and Flying but helps knock off Fire and Poison types that threaten Grass.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old January 7th, 2014 (03:08 AM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

Sorry if I've been a lazy club owner everyone, I may have to leave for a while, which is why. D: I hope you can take over the club for a bit, Slayr!

Well there's only one secondary type that I reckon is a good idea.
A Water- and Grass-type Pokemon (much like Ludicolo) would be quite useful in my mind, and would be worth adding to your team. Always good to have a bulky Pokemon for those Fire and Ice weaknesses! With a Grass-type party, of course.

CloysterOyster, I kind of like the idea of a Grass- and Ground-type, but 4x the Ice weakness is a no. I mean, there's the advantage against Fire and Poison of course, but you're most likely going to be battling against Ice rather than Poison. I don't think they're much of a threat.
Old January 7th, 2014 (09:46 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by ⊱Ðice:

CloysterOyster, I kind of like the idea of a Grass- and Ground-type, but 4x the Ice weakness is a no. I mean, there's the advantage against Fire and Poison of course, but you're most likely going to be battling against Ice rather than Poison. I don't think they're much of a threat.
Torterra is Grass/Ground already.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old January 18th, 2014 (10:17 PM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Torterra is Grass/Ground already.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about Torterra. xD

Well here's a new topic everybody, from this lazy club owner: If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?
Old January 18th, 2014 (10:25 PM).
Super Moderator

I already beat Black 2 with Serperior, so...

The hardest gym was definitely Skyla because of her Skarmory. My strategy throughout the entire game was to spam Flash as much as possible, use Coil until my attack was super high, and then sweep everyone and everything. It actually worked out really well, even when I managed to beat Skyla with ten HP left.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (07:22 AM).
I'm the fury in your head
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?

I'd probably say Roserade, since most of my playthroughs often tend to have one end up on my team (it's happened in Platinum, Black 2 and now X as well) plus I do love the Roselia line in general, one of my fave Grass-types who went from being a stationary Pokemon to being part of a full evolution line. Plus, I love how much more usable those dual Grass/Poison-types got in X/Y thanks to advantage against Fairy-type, plus the typing itself is basically amazing at checking Azumarill.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old January 23rd, 2014 (08:25 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
If you had to pick one Pokemon (a grass-type) to go through a game with, which Pokemon would that be?

Plz, Sceptile. Personally, I think this thing is a beast. Just look how fast it is hehe. Also don't forget it had a good signature move before it was stolen by others ;-; But seriously, I'd go with him because he's definitely good good stats, not the best but the design makes up for it! I want it to get another signature move. Seriously, it's not fair that Blaziken still has Blaze Kick as a signature move :<
Old January 23rd, 2014 (09:17 AM).
don't lose hope.
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid

Clearly Whimsicott, hehe. It's one of my favorites and would probably make for a comfy pillow. :) She's also pretty good stats-wise and certainly quite adorable. Nothing more perfect, really.

Though.. I admit Meganium comes pretty close, too. She's not the best to battle with but she makes a decent wall and is one of my favorite grasses design-wise. Oh, and Chespin as well, though it'd forever remain unevolved because he's cutest in that form. Would be a perfect chance to do an unevolved run in the games.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (04:22 PM).
A Scene In Between
ModeratorBSCS

I'd go with Whimsicott, just like Sheep. It looks amazingly pretty in terms of design, and competitive-wise, it isn't that bad. Its defenses are quite decent, and thanks to its Prankster ability, it could always hit first when striking attacks that don't actually deal damage. I've used it on my team plenty of times before, and thankfully, it's never disappointed me, I love it. Aside from that though, I could also go with Ludicolo, maybe. :p
Old January 25th, 2014 (04:53 PM).
shsl loser

Honestly I would probably go with Ludicolo, like Nymph mentioned. Frankly, though, it's mostly for versatility than actual stats or competitiveness. I admit to just being a sucker for the evolutionary line, anyway. Of course, another I'd consider would probably be Chesnaught, considering I absolutely love it.

Pokemon X FC: 1091-8862-6895
Poison; Kakuna/Garbodor/Drapion
Old February 12th, 2014 (06:06 PM).
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
♥ Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: UltraSerperior ♥
♥ Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six). Serperior and Sky Forme Shaymin♥
♥ Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Smugperior ♥
♥ Partner slots can be won if you have made 5 or more positive posts in this club. ♥
♥ Answer one or more of the club's topics: I like Serperior because he just looks so badass!

Also, too much lag with the gifs, plz remove.

Mew

Old February 16th, 2014 (04:51 PM).

Username: MathewCS
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Sceptilish
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): -
Two grass-type Pokemon : Sceptile & Shiftry
Partner: I can't go wrong with sceptile<3<3

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?: Sceptile, i love his style in the anime, he's the coolest pokemon i've ever seen, 4 real.
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?: I have to say Erika, i'm in love with that woman<3
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?: The movements, they're so tactic at playing, i like em so much, they just fit with me & my pokemn
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy).: Obviously, Treecko<3

COUNTER STRIKE 1.6 REPRESENT!
CHILE <3 <3
Old March 6th, 2014 (02:27 AM).
Master of Ice

Speaking of petals, here's some Grass-type humor
Old March 6th, 2014 (04:13 PM).
A Scene In Between
ModeratorBSCS

That's hilarious, haha. If this were in the anime, though, nothing would have happened at all; I'm positive. d: Also, here's some beautiful artwork featuring grass-types; ran into it earlier today.

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Laurenmagpie. She's such a talented artist, isn't she?
Old March 7th, 2014 (04:48 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Peitharchia:
That's hilarious, haha. If this were in the anime, though, nothing would have happened at all; I'm positive. d: Also, here's some beautiful artwork featuring grass-types; ran into it earlier today.

Spoiler:

I love it, very nice use of color and 3D. Who's the cat girl?
Old March 19th, 2014 (08:01 PM).
Super Moderator

That comic, it's too funny! XD

I always imagined Petal Dance as something along the lines of that, but seeing it drawn out makes it so much better.

Quote originally posted by Peitharchia:
That's really cool. I always admire people who could draw like that since my abilities are nowhere close to that.
Old March 19th, 2014 (09:26 PM). Edited March 19th, 2014 by Lanayru.
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

My laziness as club owner has gotten out of hand, my deepest apologies. D:

That cartoon is pretty funny haha, that's how I've always seen Petal Dance when it's used against Pokemon like Rhydon.

That's some nice artwork there Ashley. :3 I came across some Grass-type Pokemon art myself when I was just strolling the net.
Spoiler:

It's sort of calming haha.

Anyways, welcome to the club Mew and Mathew, we're glad to have you with us! :3 I'll add you both to the member list ASAP.
Old March 20th, 2014 (11:18 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Supernova:
:3 I came across some Grass-type Pokemon art myself when I was just strolling the net.
Spoiler:

It's sort of calming haha.
I like it. Just needs Chesnaught and we'd have the complete Grass starters' final evolutions.
Old March 20th, 2014 (03:01 PM).

♥ Username: ♥ AoTora
♥ Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: ♥ Ao
♥ Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six). ♥ Serperior shall be my partner <3
♥ Pick your partner's nickname (optional): ♥ Snape <3
♥ Partner slots can be won if you have made 5 or more positive posts in this club. ♥
♥ Answer one or more of the club's topics ♥

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Serperior - I love it's design and I love it's movepool! If starters don't count than Liligant would be my second favourite- I love it's design and I love it's movepool - and I love using it everytime I can!
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?Gardenia~I like the fact that she uses turtwig (Starter) - you don't see NPCs using starters all that often.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?I love most of grass pokemon's designs and I really love how useful they can be And the fact that grass starter is usually my favourite out of the three so I usually pick it over fire or water starter (:
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy). Snivy ~ Reasons stated before.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 24th, 2014 (07:01 PM).
# b l o o d o f t h e H E R O
Silver Tier

Nature: Docile
Username: gio7sm

Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: No nickname please

Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a
Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six).

Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Lief (Torterra)

Answer one or more of the club's topics - What made you love grass-type Pokemon?

-> My love for Grass type pokemon started when I recieved Pokemon Emerald. Since then I have always loved the color green. When I first opened Birch's case, I had to pick the little green gecko known as Treecko as my started. Ever since, Grass type has always and FOREVER be my favorite pokemon type

Come and visit the Theseus Region! Home of Pokemon Fusion

Free fusion sprite upon joining :3

Old March 27th, 2014 (10:43 PM).
1000 years of pain!!!
Crystal Tier

Happy to have you two in our club. :3 I've gladly added you both to the list and I hope you keep posting for bonus Pokemon!

@Ao Serperior does seem to be quite to popular Pokemon among grass-type fans! I chose him for my first Pokemon Black play-through and he was simply brilliant!
Liligant is also a great Pokemon, though I've never really used her myself. I just love the elegant design! :3

@gio7sm I have yet to play generation three Pokemon games but I'm sure that when I do, Treecko will be my choice for starter! :D

So everyone, for the Pokemon you picked out as your partners for this club, why don't you choose a moveset, nature and EV's etc. for a bit of fun! :3

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)