The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2013, 01:17 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
hitmonchan was unfortunately gimped as there is no gen4 physical/special split, so its elemental punches come off its sp atk which is much weaker than gen4 hitmonchan. sad really, otherwise hitmonchan is a rock solid option.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Totodilemaster

Nature: Timid
Hitmonchan for his elemental punches !

Fying mono-type challenge :

Kanto : 1/8
Jhoto : 0/18
Hoenn : 0/8
Sinnoh : 0/8
Unova : 0/8
All : 1/50
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I always prefered Hitmonlee. I don't know why. Maybe it's because that I tend to think kicks hurt more than punches...

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Enderjay
hsssah!

Nature: Mild
Well... if I were to choose, I'd have to say... my favorite is...
... Hitmontop.
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Pilkie
Pokémon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
I always take Hitmonchan, but if you can, breed it to get a Tyrogue and train that into a Hitmontop.

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
3DS Friend Code: 4399-0158-9260
(Note: Please PM me if you add me so I know it's a PC member and not a random)
Friend Safari: Ghost Type: Phantump, Lampent, and Golurk
Old October 30th, 2013, 04:30 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
The Burning Emotion

Hitmons is a fan term used to refer to the three evolutions of Tyrogue (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop). The name comes from the prefix shared by all three Pokémon, hitmon. The Hitmons all have low HP, high Attack, high Special Defense, average Defense, average Speed, and low Special Attack. All the Hitmons are male and are pure Fighting type. The Japanese equivalent of the hitmon. In the Nintendo Player's Guide for Pokémon Stadium 2, they were referred to as the Tyrogue squadron.

Hitmonchan :
Hitmonchan evolves from Tyrogue when Tyrogue's Attack is lower than his Defense. Hitmonchan's most notable ability is his wide versatility in boxing--his major attacks are almost all punches, such as Bullet Punch, Sky Uppercut and the three elemental punches. In Generation IV, he also had an Ability exclusive to himself: Iron Fist, which increases the base power of punching moves.
Hitmonchan is a tan colored, human-shaped Pokémon. His body resembles a light purple tunic with a skirt and fists that resemble red boxing gloves. His enlarged shoulders give the appearance of shoulder pads, while his purple feet give the appearance of a pair of boxer shoes. Unlike his parallel evolution, Hitmonlee, he has a mouth and a visible separation between body and head. His English name contains a reference of Jackie Chan, while his Japanese name is derived from Japanese world champion boxer, Hiroyuki Ebihara.
In Red, Blue, and Yellow, as well as FireRed and LeafGreen, Hitmonchan can be chosen as one of the prizes for beating the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City. In other generations, he is obtained by evolving Tyrogue.

Hitmonlee :

Hitmonlee evolves from Tyrogue when Tyrogue's Attack is higher than his Defense. Hitmonlee knows several kick-based moves, including his former signature moves Mega Kick, Jump Kick, and High Jump Kick, and the rarely seen Blaze Kick. His leg muscles have the special ability to freely stretch and compress. In Generation IV, he had an Ability exclusive to himself: Reckless, which increases the base power of moves that can deal recoil damage.
Hitmonlee is a brown colored, human-shaped Pokémon. He has three-fingered hands and three claw-like toes, and has segmented, cream-colored arms and legs. Hitmonlee has almond-shaped eyes with black rings around them and appears to lack a nose, mouth, and neck. His English name contains a reference of Bruce Lee, while his Japanese name is derived from the world's first kickboxer, Tadashi Sawamura.
In Red, Blue, and Yellow, as well as FireRed and LeafGreen, Hitmonlee can be chosen as one of the prizes for beating the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City. In later generations, he is obtained by evolving Tyrogue.

My suggestion :

Hitmonchan
Fighting
Keen Eye or
Iron Fist
Hidden: Inner Focus
Evolve if Defense
is higher than Attack
HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd
50 105 79 35 110 76

And

Hitmonlee

Fighting
Limber or
Reckless
Hidden: Unburden
Evolve if Attack
is higher than Defense
HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd
50 120 53 35 110 87

I will say if you choose Hitmonlee it will be great and better then Hitmonchan cause Hitmonchan is Lower in attack then Hitmonlee and some stuffs has some little Reference

Hitmonlee stat :

HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd
50 120 53 35 110 87

and Hitmonchan stat :

HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd
50 105 79 35 110 76

So you can see the different in attack and speed but if you think Hitmonchan is better so go choose it and don't think Hitmonchan is bad moth are powerful ;p
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:27 AM
Agous
Solid Mercury?

Nature: Sassy
Most Definitely Hitmonlee:

1: It has access the good physical STAB moves.
2: Hitmonchan sucks in FRLG cause all its moves are Special.
3: It looks so much cooler and doesn't look special.

I miss my friends everynight...
I wonder where they are now...

Old November 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

I've honestly always found both Pokemon to be kinda odd, yet interesting at the same time. I've never actually used either on my main team, as you got them so late in the game, and I've just never had the patience to train up Pokemon you get at a significantly lower level than the rest of your team, so yeah :p So I kinda fluctuated between the two, because I didn't really take into account which was the better, and I never really made any favourites between them either. I reckon I'd usually choose Hitmonchan though, because I honestly found Hitmonlee to be kinda creepy looking, and well, Hitmonchan looked a lot more normal. But I digress.

I know that Hitmonlee would honestly be the best choice for a Pokemon you're gonna use in battles, seeing as Hitmonchan has always been all about its elemental punches, which served of no use before Gen IV, so yeah. If I were ever to use one, I'd definitely go with Hitmonlee :p
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:15 AM
Lesqx
eRepublik Player

Nature: Quiet
I always pick Hitmonlee because its stronger, looks better, better moves, and Hitmonlee is the one of the best fighting pokemon for me.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
TouretteUnicorn
Professionally unprofessional

Nature: Calm
Definitely Hitmonlee. While I like Hitmonchan all the same, I find Hitmonlee more desirable in appearance. Not to mention, its move set provides an overall good layout when playing through FRLG.
Old November 4th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I chose Hitmonlee because I found it cooler and it suits me better considering I have more soccer boots than rugger gloves. It's design is also better then Hitmonchan methinks. In the PokéSpe manga Bruno's Hitmonlee was awesome as well. That's why I generally pick Hitmonlee.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:45 PM
DarkPoke001
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
get Hitmonchan, it can be an extremely good addition to your team, being able to make use of fire punch, ice punch and thunderpunch on this game, then after you complete it, get a Ditto and breed it with Hitmonchan to get a Tyrouge which cab then be evolved into Hitmonchan if his attack stat is higher than defense, Hitmonlee if defense stat is higher than attack, OR Hitmontop if both attacj and defense stats are equal

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Many chose Hitmonlee. No doubt that I do too.
I just hate Hitmonchan while he throws those punches. I think kicking is better and stronger. Thus, your knee protects you and supports you. But punching has a lot of weakness and limits.
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:18 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
The Burning Emotion

Well Hitmonlee is great for beating strong opponent but Hitmonchan isn't bad though they both have weakness.. well Maybe they both are just same if you do math. if we + all the stat so maybe we will found the same number of both Hitmons.
Old November 5th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Memoric
Real Eyes

The fact that the elemental punches are special (GEN 3, at least) which hurts Hitmonchan's usefulness is kinda there. Hitmonlee has a ATTACK stat with some good STAB moves to boot; he takes it.
Old November 5th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Trainer Vortex

I'm a fan of both. Though in all honesty, the two complete each other. A Hitmonlee is without a doubt stronger, and with EV training and breeding, he's one kickass OTK for the party. Unfortunately, I have a problem with him. I'm a huge O.T.K. abuser, so I have to be prepared for a variety of Pokemon types versus my team. I can have this epic Hitmonlee that's owns everything in its path. But come to a Pokemon not affected by fighting type moves... He's in trouble. You have to switch him out for another in your party, which means your next Pokemon suffers a blow from whatever came its way. If you switch for a Shedinja, and the opponent sends a Fire Blast out of the blue your way, your team is already unraveling, all purely because of the moveset your Hitmonlee has you stuck with.

Hitmonchan, you have no way around it. You have to suck it up, and EV train him, because it's worth it. His versatility rivals that of Nidoking, Dragonite, etc. who are stronger, but lack the extra oomph. Let's face it. How many Hitmonlee have soloed the Elite Four? I've always managed to do so with Hitmonchan, not because of his stats; but because with his moves, you can set just that one Pokemon up to send the Elite Four packing.

My theory on Pokemon, and it's a harsh one. If your Pokemon is at level 80, and it still can't solo the Elite Four on its own, it's not worth training. They're just another collectable as you catch 'em all.~
Old November 5th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Charcoal92

Nature: Careful
Hitmonlee! It was one of the first Pokemon I saw a picture of. Lee is also my middle name so that sorta help the choice.
Old November 5th, 2013, 04:35 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
The Burning Emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHoundoom92 View Post
Hitmonlee! It was one of the first Pokemon I saw a picture of. Lee is also my middle name so that sorta help the choice.
Choosing by Name and luck isn't good, Hitmonlee was your first Pokemon you saw picture, So if you saw Chan instead of lee will you say to choose Chan this time ? so it won't be good. And lee is your name good name but you know we can't say that Hitmonlee is bad or Hitmonchan is bad cause they both are well designed Pokemon so we can't disrespect Hitmons, But your choice about lee isn't bad though.
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
NestorPrida

Nature: Jolly
I love HitmonChan! I love the fist moves!
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
feralig8rx
PokeFanatic

Hitmonchan!

When I was younger, Hitmonlee kinda scared me a little, it looked really weird. Plus Hitmonchan was just epic with the different type punches.

Pokemon Y: 4725-8441-5714 (NICOLE)

.... ............................................
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Nature: Relaxed
Hitmonchan he looks really cool with his boxing gloves, Hitmonlee just freaks me out he has no head and his eyes are in his chest lol.
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Sleeping Eevee
Let Sleeping Eves Lie

Nature: Quiet
I picked Hitmonlee...probably because it looked cool. Not sure why...then again, I was just a little kid when I first played LG, so...
...It may have also been for the 'lee' part, since my Uncle's name is Lee. The more you know!

Friend Code: 4098-3294-3067
Friend Safari: (Dark) Pawniard, Cacturne, Liepard
**PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ADDED ME!!**
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Hitmonlee, because Hitmonchan's elemental punches got screwed over by the pre-Gen 4 physical/special split.
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Sam89
always right except when wrong

Hitmonlee's design is better. People criticize Throh and Sawk for wearing karate gear, but they wear something you fight in unlike a certain Hitmonchan. Or all of them. When I was 5 I thought all of them were female.
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Sopheria
Fight Like A Girl
Community Supporter

The elemental punches make Hitmonchan really versatile. I'd say go with Hitmonchan.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links