The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Old August 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
So I was just wondering if anyone here ever finished the original Mystery Dungeon games (Red/Blue rescue team, I had Red). I had tons of fun with them, but there was a point where I had no idea where to go or what to do (I guess you had to get to a certain level on a certain dungeon). This was before I realized I could find out what to do on the internet. I still haven't bothered trying to figure out what to do to this day.

Did any of you have the same problem?
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
squirtle124

Nature: Relaxed
no im stuck on the sky tower and got frustrated at the hail knocking down my health every step so i gave up. also i was expecting my pokemon to evolve but after getting to over level 40 i realised that wasn't going to happen.
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Starlight angel
icebreaker

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight angel
I've compleated the mysrery dungen blue and red i didn't completed yet at first i didnt know when to go it took me a long time to get through everything like a 1/2 year to defeate it
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM
chinchilli

Yeah, I also never finished it. I had the exact same problem as you - I enjoyed it at first, but eventually got confused as to what I was supposed to do next... and it did get slightly repetitive. I do want to give some of the Mystery Dungeon series another try at some point, though!
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
I finished Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky - I got so emotional when Grovyle sacrificed himself and returned to the future with Grovyle, and then your character dies ... But I suppose it does get better, because Dialga uses him time-warping powers and revives your character, but Grovyle never comes back. :c

23 days until~
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
In the oringal polemon mystery dungeon I never completed it as that Moltres defeat me.
I did complete MD:EOS though.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Yes, I've wholeheartedly completed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team, as well as Explorers of Darkness. I used a Wonder Mail for Explorers of Sky, though. To get Rotom. But other than that I'm pretty happy with it, the first PMD game I played was Red Rescue Team and I still love it.

If you're stuck in a certain place, I could know what's behind the reason. My main frustration during the game was when I had to recruit Rayquaza. I got even Mew, but not Rayquaza, because no HM Fly. For this I'll need the Friend Area Dragon Cave, and this I've not gotten till date.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
Ive only played red rescue team and I have not Finished it

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:56 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Never finished it.

I was a Cubone at the Sky Tower with my companion, Cyndaquil, when suddenly, friggin' ghost type pokemon attacks me (i dont remember what pokemon was it). I defeated it but then i was like "Oh god, I've got low health". then another ghost type pokemon attacks and poof...mission failed. it happened many times already so i decided to begin again as a new pokemon, Psyduck, and until now never finished it.
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Laylaw
"Smell ya later!" - Blue

Nature: Quirky
I have Blue version, and it is the only PMD game I haven't finished yet. Though, I think I'm going to in the future, I'm pretty far.
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Andrew
멘붕

I finished (and absolutely loved) Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky. I played those games for hours and hours and loved every minute of it.

However, I haven't finished Gates to Infinity, and I doubt I ever will. The story seemed kind of boring to me and I'm at a dungeon where the enemies are a good 6 levels above me somehow, so I keep dying. Unless I choose to restart one day, I probably won't finish the game.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't think I finished Red Rescue Team. I did finish Blue and Explorer trilogy.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM
nundo
Quick! Dance like an eggplant!

Nature: Gentle
I recruited all the legendaries in the game I think, even Rayquaza where you first had to reach 50 floors to meet it. Also reached the lucario rank, thought there weren't many things left after it so I stopped playing it. I have to say that BRT was the best spinoff game of pokemon.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
In Pokemon MD: Blue Rescue, the farthest I got was after beating Rayquaza with Pikachu and Mudkip. After evolving Pikachu into Raichu and Medkip into Marshstomp, I got bored and restarted.

My goal is to finish both storylines (pre-game, post-game) of Pokemon Explorers of Sky which I am currently attempting to accomplish at this time. The farthest I've gotten in that game is after, again, beating the final boss and then getting bored.

Gates of Infinity I want to restart, but don't want to at the same time. I hate my Pikachu partner (You already get Emolga, who is extremly useful but I didn't know that!) and the only thing there is to do is build a music paradise with Meloetta. I plan on restarting the game someday with an Axew partner (or hero!) and beating the entire game again.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosuke View Post
Never finished it.

I was a Cubone at the Sky Tower with my companion, Cyndaquil, when suddenly, friggin' ghost type pokemon attacks me (i dont remember what pokemon was it). I defeated it but then i was like "Oh god, I've got low health". then another ghost type pokemon attacks and poof...mission failed. it happened many times already so i decided to begin again as a new pokemon, Psyduck, and until now never finished it.
This kept happening to me - hated it haha. I did manage to power through and finish the game though, mostly thanks to truck loads of healing items haha. I completed the Blue Mystery Dungeon game but other than that I've not completed any. I've tried the Explorers of Time game (I think? It was one of those ones haha) but didn't end up getting too far. It just wasn't as gripping as the previous games so I didn't have much desire to finish it haha.
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

No I haven't finished that Mystery Dungeon. However I did finish Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness! I recommend that game if you want an amazing plot, a great post game, and a very emotional climax. It's the most epic spinoff game ever.
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Radiam
You're not even good enough to be my fake.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I have beat Mystery Dungeon before.. Explorers of Sky and Gates to Infinity are the ones I finished. The older ones on the DS are way more challenging, and more fun. Gates to Infinity is just too easy.

-Radiam
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
Funny i found this thread, i actualy just beat red rescue last week for i think the third time, never fails to make me cry XD

But i have had problems with the other games, exsplorors of darkness took me about a half a year to beat completely and i just got around to finishing gates to infinity. Also, i hate to say it but gates was somewhat of a let down to me... just a tad two easy and predictable for my standards (alas, it still made me cry though)

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 0/8 ]

i can't believe it's been a year already O.o
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

I've completed Blue and Time multiple times, and am closing to beating Infinite Labyrinth. This includes the afterstories of both games.
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

I don't think so... I've gotten as far as being able to evolve myself and my team members as well as being able to recruit Palkia, even unlocking unlockable levels such as Happy Outlook, but never did finish it.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Comet7
Star of the show

I've completed Red, Darkness, and Sky. After playing Darkness, Red just seemed easy to me. After playing Red and Darkness, I played Sky. So far, I think I beat Sky four times. I've never bothered to play gates to infinity after touching the demo. Red was really good and had a great plot. Darkness also had a great plot and had some emotional moments. Sky is like an upgraded Darkness/Time. IMO, Sky is the best.
Old August 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
*Riolu Master*
The Aura Within

I'm not sure if I actually beat Pokemon red and blue rescue team, but I know I beat Explorers of Time and Gates to Infinity.

Old August 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Fiery Dash

I completed the storylines of PMD 1 and 2 but not Sky... Yet!
Since my attention is shifted to replaying RS, DP and soon BW1+2 as countdown for X and Y.
Though PMD series hold a very high position in my heart, due to its stronger storyline.
Thus making its replay value actually higher than the main series!

Last edited by Fiery Dash; August 27th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

I have the original Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team game, and I have yet to complete it, and I've owned the game since 2006...
Fairy
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Calem
Water Pokemon Master

Nature: Bold
I finished PMD Blue and Explorer of the sky. It's a little bit hard but its a fun game to play, and there's always an ending scene that will make you cry . It took me about couple of month to finished 1 of the PMD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here