The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Poki
The grass is greener over here.

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Red's Fan Club

The best since '96

Welcome to Red's fan club! As we all know, Red is the main protagonist of the R/G/B versions and the ''Pokemon Adventures'' manga. He's also the best trainer in the Pokemon world.
I'm a huge fan, so I decided to make a club dedicated to him and I'm 100% sure that there are other fans out there who would love to join.

Rules:
1.Must follow all of PC's rules.
2.Don't fight.
3.Don't disrespect each other.
4.Try to stay active.
5.You can choose up to 2 favourite pokemon from the list.
6.Have fun!

Username:
Favourite pokemon:
Favourite type:
Reason for joining:

List of Red's pokemon (Main ones from the manga and games):

Members list:
Spoiler:
- southpark32 (Owner)
- Heretostay123
- Normal Spirit
- RoreyG
- Musaddiq
- blueredemption
- kirou12
- BinaryPeaches
- Cirno
- Perdition Haze
- Metalhand

Topics:
Why do you like Red?

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?

What would you do if Red was real?

Feel free to add more topics.

Userbars:
Spoiler:

The Red Challenge userbar:

Official club activity: The Red Challenge
Spoiler:
- Must follow the manga. (Pokémon Adventures: Red's arc)
- Must have the same team as Red's.

Red's team & info:
Saur
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Cut, Frenzy Plant, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Sweet Scent, Vine Whip

Pika
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Static
Moves: Bide, Flash, Iron Tail, Megavolt, Rage, Substitute, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Volt Tackle

Poli
Nature: Brave
Ability: Damp
Moves: Double Slap, Double Team, Focus Punch, Ice Beam, Mind Reader, Seismic Toss, Water Gun

Vee/Vui
Nature: Mild
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Bite (because obviously you can't have Vui change forms whenever you want)

Lax
Nature: Impish
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Belly Drum, Double-edge, Earthquake, Harden, Headbutt, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Rest, Strength, Tackle

Aero
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Dragon Claw, Fly, Hyper Beam, Take Down (basically you have the moveset for Aero to use)

Gyara
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Slam, Surf

Members who have completed the challenge:
*none*

* Weekly Challenge *
Draw Red & post it here. A sketch is enough.

Pairs
Alfieri, Dark Azelf, Nonon & The Alchemyst

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain

Last edited by Poki; September 22nd, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Red? I friggin' love Red!

Username: Heretostay123
Favourite pokemon: Snorlax
Favourite type: Fire
Reason for joining: Ever since I played HeartGold/SoulSilver and FireRed and Leafgreen, I idolized Red. I knew a little bit about him from reading the manga with him in it, and he was just like... "BLAH!" *throws up with awesomness*

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?: Snorlax, for one reason it's my favorite Pokemon. For another, Snorlax is a friggin' boss. He's my rock in a majority of my teams.

What would you do if Red was real?: I would idolize him, and be like a teenage girl to 1 Direction.
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:34 PM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Nature: Quirky
Username: Normal Spirit
Favourite pokemon: If you're talking about my favorite out of Red's Pokemon, mine are Blastoise and Charizard.
Favourite type: Can I have two? Please :3? My favorites are the Ghost and Normal types!
Reason for joining: Trainer Red is so mysterious and I am a long time player of Pokemon, ever since the franchise hit America so I immediately have a connection with him. He's awesome plain and simple .

I'm excited to be in this fan club! Whoohoo :D

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Username: RoreyG
Favourite pokemon: Charizard, Pikachu.
Reason for joining: To me, Red is the ideal for what every Pokemon Trainer should aspire to be like. His awesomeness cannot be measured.

First, I would fangasm, hard. Then, I would ask him to teach me how to be as awesome as he is.

Old August 14th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ

Nature: Lonely
joining

Username: Musaddiq
Favourite pokemon: Charizard And Venusaur
Reason for joining: Im Joining Because I Wan't To Connect With Red Fans
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Poki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Red? I friggin' love Red!

Username: Heretostay123
Favourite pokemon: Snorlax
Reason for joining: Ever since I played HeartGold/SoulSilver and FireRed and Leafgreen, I idolized Red. I knew a little bit about him from reading the manga with him in it, and he was just like... "BLAH!" *throws up with awesomness*

Which pokemon from Red's team is your favourite and why?: Snorlax, for one reason it's my favorite Pokemon. For another, Snorlax is a friggin' boss. He's my rock in a majority of my teams.

What would you do if Red was real?: I would idolize him, and be like a teenage girl to 1 Direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal Spirit View Post
Username: Normal Spirit
Favourite pokemon: If you're talking about my favorite out of Red's Pokemon, mine are Blastoise and Charizard.
Favourite type: Can I have two? Please :3? My favorites are the Ghost and Normal types!
Reason for joining: Trainer Red is so mysterious and I am a long time player of Pokemon, ever since the franchise hit America so I immediately have a connection with him. He's awesome plain and simple .

I'm excited to be in this fan club! Whoohoo :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoreyG View Post
Username: RoreyG
Favourite pokemon: Charizard, Pikachu.
Reason for joining: To me, Red is the ideal for what every Pokemon Trainer should aspire to be like. His awesomeness cannot be measured.

First, I would fangasm, hard. Then, I would ask him to teach me how to be as awesome as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerMusaddiq View Post
joining

Username: Musaddiq
Favourite pokemon: Charizard And Venusaur
Reason for joining: Im Joining Because I Wan't To Connect With Red Fans
Welcome to the club, guys! :'D I'm adding you to the list in a sec. :3

I agree with everyone, Red's so awesome and his pokemon are boss.

Gotta go for a few hours, if someone wants to join I'll add them when I'm back.

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫

Last edited by Poki; August 14th, 2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Alright guys, this video has made me think about things.

Old August 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Poki

Quote:
Alright guys, this video has made me think about things.

Interesting theory, I've heard it before. But, here's how I explain it:
Why doesn't Red talk?
None of the main protagonists do! Why? Probably because you're playing as the main character and making them talk would kinda ruin it. The only time a main character said something was in the Crystal version when Copycat copied your character. (At least that's what I remember from what I've played) I don't know about B/W & B2/W2.
Is Red a ghost?
I think not. A ghost can't beat you and become a champion. At least that's what I think, I dunno if it's possible in the Pokemon Universe unless you're contolled by a Ghastly or something.

And the guy said something about Red having no father. Almost none of the main characters do, except in the R/S/E series. Again, I'm not sure about B/W & B2/W2.

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫

Last edited by Poki; August 14th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark32 View Post
Interesting theory, I've heard it before. But, here's how I explain it:
Why doesn't Red talk?
None of the main protagonists do! Why? Probably because you're playing as the main character and making them talk would kinda ruin it. The only time a main character said something was in the Crystal version when Copycat copied your character. (At least that's what I remember from what I've played) I don't know about B/W & B2/W2.
Is Red a ghost?
I think not. A ghost can't beat you and become a champion. At least that's what I think, I dunno if it's possible in the Pokemon Universe unless you're contolled by a Ghastly or something.

And the guy said something about Red having no father. Almost none of the main characters do, except in the R/S/E series. Again, I'm not sure about B/W & B2/W2.
Looking at Red's mysterious characteristics in all of the Pokemon media, the most believable for me would be the ghost theory(I'm not saying that just because I'm a ghost-type lover). The event of having the dead come back from the grave to test the knowledge and skills of the present generation has been a common element in many stories in both ancient, and modern texts. So looking at it from this perspective we can claim that Red is probably an ancestor of the protagonist, after all no one ever mentions a guy named Red, the supposedly "greatest Pokemon Trainer of all". I find it odd that Red can just hide out in caves and whatnot beating up your Pokemon without anyone else hearing about him. That doesn't make much sense because someone with his kind of strength especially at his age, would shoved into the limelight before you can say "go Pikachu!"

I haven't played Black and White so any information that is contained within those games about Red is unknown to me.

So there's my two cents .

Old August 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
Username: blueredemption
Favorate pokemon: blastoise
Favorate type: water
Reason for joining: im a huge fan of red. I mean he is the character with the most history in all of the games and he is the only charcter that i can deal with when it comes to design.

Why do i like red? He's epic

Which pokemon from reds team is your favorate and why? Blastoise, same reason i like red. He's epic

What would i do if red were real? Probably pinch myselft to death, and if not that i would end up fainting from excitement

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 1/8 ]

I'm not inactive! Just extremely busy lately
Old August 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Poki

Quote:
Looking at Red's mysterious characteristics in all of the Pokemon media, the most believable for me would be the ghost theory(I'm not saying that just because I'm a ghost-type lover). The event of having the dead come back from the grave to test the knowledge and skills of the present generation has been a common element in many stories in both ancient, and modern texts. So looking at it from this perspective we can claim that Red is probably an ancestor of the protagonist, after all no one ever mentions a guy named Red, the supposedly "greatest Pokemon Trainer of all". I find it odd that Red can just hide out in caves and whatnot beating up your Pokemon without anyone else hearing about him. That doesn't make much sense because someone with his kind of strength especially at his age, would shoved into the limelight before you can say "go Pikachu!"

I haven't played Black and White so any information that is contained within those games about Red is unknown to me.

So there's my two cents .
That was interesting, but I think that he's just on Mt.Silver, because he trains his pokémon there. I haven't finished the manga, but that's what I think at this moment.

I was playing Pokémon HG yesterday, and someone did mention Red! I was at a PokéCenter, and the NPC was talking about how a young boy called Red defeated Team Rocket a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueredemption View Post
Username: blueredemption
Favorate pokemon: blastoise
Favorate type: water
Reason for joining: im a huge fan of red. I mean he is the character with the most history in all of the games and he is the only charcter that i can deal with when it comes to design.

Why do i like red? He's epic

Which pokemon from reds team is your favorate and why? Blastoise, same reason i like red. He's epic

What would i do if red were real? Probably pinch myselft to death, and if not that i would end up fainting from excitement
He sure is epic! <3

Adding you to the list.

Since we're all Red's fans, I'll show you guys a video of mine:

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫

Last edited by Poki; August 26th, 2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Fantastic video! I loved it Thanks for sharing. It brought me way back to when I first got my original Gold version...I was very impressed by the game graphics and mechanics...amazing!

Someone mentioned Red huh? That's also interesting! I want to me more of your videos sometime .

Old August 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Poki

Quote:
Fantastic video! I loved it Thanks for sharing. It brought me way back to when I first got my original Gold version...I was very impressed by the game graphics and mechanics...amazing!

Someone mentioned Red huh? That's also interesting! I want to me more of your videos sometime .
I'm very glad you liked it, and that it brought back memories. Any suggestions of which version (like a gameplay video, or me vs. someone) I should make a video on?

Yeah, I'll visit all the PokéCenters and I'll take a screenshot when I find it. :p

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:28 AM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Quote:
I'm very glad you liked it, and that it brought back memories. Any suggestions of which version (like a gameplay video, or me vs. someone) I should make a video on?

Yeah, I'll visit all the PokéCenters and I'll take a screenshot when I find it. :p
I love watching videos of people battling other people because it's a whole different game when two people are battling. That would be great to see! But how would you record something like that?

Old August 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Poki

Quote:
I love watching videos of people battling other people because it's a whole different game when two people are battling. That would be great to see! But how would you record something like that?
I record it with Hypercam 3, when I was little there weren't any gameboys in Bulgaria, so I only had the movies. I'm using an emulator.

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Quote:
I record it with Hypercam 3, when I was little there weren't any gameboys in Bulgaria, so I only had the movies. I'm using an emulator.
That's interesting. I mean how would you record fights with other people? That seems pretty hard I never knew how to do it.

On a Red-related note, do you think he will appear in X and Y as some sort of bonus trainer or something? Like he did in White and Black?

Old August 27th, 2013, 06:07 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

I wouldn't mind if he did, although I did not play B/W 2, I heard he was there. I'm guessing that if he does show up, he'll have Megalutions and be like the FINAL BOSS of pokemon.
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if he did, although I did not play B/W 2, I heard he was there. I'm guessing that if he does show up, he'll have Megalutions and be like the FINAL BOSS of pokemon.
That's true. However I don't know how I feel about megalutions....they sound very unfair past the point of legendary status. I guess we'll see because I have no idea what they will be like.

But I think that having Red be the final Boss kind of thing would be great.

Old August 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM
kirou12
"Code Red: 022"

Username: kirou12
Favourite pokemon: Charizard
Favourite type: Fire/Dragon
Reason for joining: I idolize Red because he is an epic trainer of all time, and he is the most coolest character in Pokemon ever.

Charizard and Pikachu.
Originally Charizard belongs to Blue (according to manga) but that is not my reason, the reason is I am a Charizard fanatic and he is my Favorite Pokemon of all time.And Pikachu, Because (just my opinion) he is the most loyal Pokemon of Red, as he and Yellow venture to find and rescue red after he went missing.

First I want to go on adventure with him and then I want to fight him head on, because it is one of my dream to battle him.

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Hi Kirou! I want to read the Red mangas so badly! But needless to say I don't have them . Welcome!

Old August 29th, 2013, 07:33 PM
kirou12
"Code Red: 022"

@ Normal Spirit
Why not read it online? that's what I did.

Old August 30th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
When i read the manga borders was still open, its much harder to get them in print these days.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 1/8 ]

I'm not inactive! Just extremely busy lately

Last edited by Blueredemption; August 30th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:32 AM
BurningLanguages
Student Linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirou12 View Post
@ Normal Spirit
Why not read it online? that's what I did.
Fantastic idea Someone has already shown me a link to it so I'm happy

Old August 31st, 2013, 12:00 AM
Poki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirou12 View Post
Username: kirou12
Favourite pokemon: Charizard
Favourite type: Fire/Dragon
Reason for joining: I idolize Red because he is an epic trainer of all time, and he is the most coolest character in Pokemon ever.

Charizard and Pikachu.
Originally Charizard belongs to Blue (according to manga) but that is not my reason, the reason is I am a Charizard fanatic and he is my Favorite Pokemon of all time.And Pikachu, Because (just my opinion) he is the most loyal Pokemon of Red, as he and Yellow venture to find and rescue red after he went missing.

First I want to go on adventure with him and then I want to fight him head on, because it is one of my dream to battle him.
I'll sign you up in a sec.

Actually, he's called Green (Blue is the girl, who stole the Squirtle from Prof. Oak's lab). But, due to a mistranslation (or something), he's known as Blue in the USA. I read the manga daily. Pokémon Red & Green were the original games, but they made Pokémon Blue which was released in the USA instead of the original Green version.
To me, the most loyal of Red's pokémon has to be Poliwrath. He was his first pokémon (However, I believe that it was never revealed how he got it), and he saved his life from drowning more than once. And every time he saved him from drowning, he evolved! Their friendship is amazing. :p

Quote:
That's true. However I don't know how I feel about megalutions....they sound very unfair past the point of legendary status. I guess we'll see because I have no idea what they will be like.

But I think that having Red be the final Boss kind of thing would be great.
I see Megalutions as PokéRoids. :D

Pairs

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫

Last edited by Poki; August 31st, 2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:55 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I seriously loved the manga, and found it interesting how they threw in their own twists on the original storyline of the games, and I just wish the anime would've followed a character more in style of Red in the manga rather than Ash, and I have a feeling I'm not alone ;) I didn't read much past Yellow arc though, because I knew Red would only make minor appearances from there on, and well, I'd grown to love him as a character, and had a hard time getting into the new ones. Really hoping the new anime will make Red in style of how he was in the manga, but considering how short the special is probably gonna be, I don't know how much it matters :p Just as long as he isn't another Ash ;D

Quote:
Actually, he's called Green (Blue is the girl, who stole the Squirtle from Prof. Oak's lab). But, due to a mistranslation (or something), he's known as Blue in the USA. I read the manga daily. :P Pokémon Red & Green were the original games, but they made Pokémon Blue which was released in the USA instead of the original Green version.
To me, the most loyal of Red's pokémon has to be Poliwrath. He was his first pokémon (However, I believe that it was never revealed how he got it), and he saved his life from drowning more than once. And every time he saved him from drowning, he evolved! Their friendship is amazing. :p
I'm pretty sure he was renamed to Blue in the official translations because, as you mentioned, the international releases were Red and Blue, rather than Red and Green, and one of the name choices you could pick from with the rival was the colour of the opposite game, so I'm guessing it was to make it less confusing for Americans and such? Either way, it's just made everything more confusing, since a lot of people read the online scanlations anyways haha :p

I actually feel really bad for Poliwrath, since he was the first Pokemon Red ever caught, he saved Red's life twice, and in the end Pikachu kinda ends up representing his team :( Been a while since I read it, but I kinda feel like Poliwrath just didn't get enough screen time :p

Oh, also, reason I'm not signing up is because I'm not really a "fan" of Red, but find him to be an interesting character all around, and I would love to talk about him :p If you want me to sign up to discuss in the club though, just say so :)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here