The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Dragon types?
18 36.73%
11 22.45%
15 30.61%
14 28.57%
14 28.57%
15 30.61%
10 20.41%
3 6.12%
17 34.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet

Dragon-type Pokémon ~ August 16 - 23

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

For those of you that aren’t quite sure how this process works, here’s a quick rundown/FAQ that should catch you up to speed:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • Unfortunately, we don’t have enough space to include every single Pokémon. If your favorite seems to be missing or you prefer a Pokémon for their secondary type, make sure to vote Other Pokémon in the poll (represented by the ?), and leave a post voting for that Pokémon.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until August 23rd, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Old August 16th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I went with Altaria! Such a cute Dragon that I remember using in RSE very well. Definitely one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Knormageddon
King of Strong Style

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
I voted Kingdra. My favourite dragon type is actually Rayquaza, but legendaries aren't to be voted for in this poll. :3

I like Kingdra though. I find them difficult to defeat (for some reason), and I find myself impartial towards Gen II Pokémon.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hikamaru
forever and a day
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I voted for Altaria as well as the Deino evolution line, two of my fave Dragon-types. I love how Altaria is so different from most of its Dragon brethren for being more of a defensive player and looking more like a bird than a dragon. Not to mention how epic Deino's evolution line is, Hydreigon is like so fierce and powerful.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Wobbu
La Balena Galleggiante

Nature: Relaxed
I must vote for my Gen. 3 dragons even though they all have 4x weakness to Ice.

Salamence is absolutely my favorite Dragon type of all time. It seems like the most fitting Pokémon to be a dragon and it's unique in the Ranger spin-offs. It flies extremely fast so it only requires a few loops to capture. It's also currently winning :D

Sapphire Pokédex entry: By evolving into Salamence, this Pokémon finally realizes its long-held dream of growing wings. To express its joy, it flies and wheels all over the sky while spouting flames from its mouth.

I cry every time ;_;

Altaria, although some people may disagree, is another great Dragon type. I used one not too long ago in my White Version and it never let me down. I like it's cloud wings and its cool blue color.

Last but not least, Flygon. I love its buggy eyes and that it's a desert dragon. I also think it was the first dragon type I've ever owned.

Last edited by Wobbu; August 16th, 2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: sneaky apostrophes
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Voted for the first four (because what is being choosy haha). I've always loved the Dratini line, more importantly the first two. I have soft spots for Altaria and Flygon and Kingdra is just cool.

The later generation Dragons have never really appealed to me much. More than they have before but not enough for me to cast a vote to them.
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Bagon, Gible and Deino family are all my favorites so I cannot decide one in three of them so I voted all of them
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:55 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
This one was tough, so I was quite liberal with my selections.

I had to go with Altaria, Flygon, Garchomp, and Kingdra lines.
I really love all of these equally!

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Garchomp, Haxorus and Hydreigon for me.
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:17 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive

I like all of them, despite Dragonite's goofy looks. Iris' Dragonite helped curing that actually.

Also I'd like to vote for Flygon too but I already clicked :( They are cool looking and have interesting typing. Plus they are based on dragonflies and those are some of the few real life bugs I can stand. Please pretend there is an extra vote on Flygon :)
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Deino is far too cute to pass up a vote on - he's my pick for sure! The whole family is badass and he evolves into one hell of a battler, plus the Dragon/Dark typing gives an interesting new twist to Dragon-types, so I'm a big fan of them. Also what could be cooler than a Cerberus dragon?
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I like almost all of the Dragon-types. The ones I didn't vote for are:

Vibrava/Flygon: They look more like a Bug/Flying than a Ground/Dragon type. Here's an interesting Origin of species story mentioning that they don't have the bug or flying type.
Druddigon: Looks like it's drawn by a 1st-grader.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Oh... Tough choices this week, Brendino.

I vote: Axew Line

I really fell in love with them during my Black 2 playthough. I believe my Haxorus alone did away with Iris without getting hit once.

Truly remarkable.

My close-second would be the Dragonite line. Because of the simplicity of their designs.
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

I like all of them except for the Unova dragons, but I would have to pick the Gible and Bagon lines out of all of them. They are well designed and they're excellent in battle. I do like Gible just a little more as I think Garchomp is the best psuedo-legendary dragon in the series due to it's ferocious design and great typing (although the 4x ice weakness can be a issue).

Altaria is also a great one. I love how they took insparation from a Peng and a Cockatrice to create a truly unique pokémon that shows how much thought can be put into pokémon designs. And, of all the pokémon to fly on, I would choose Altaria because of how comfortable it's fluffy wings would be.
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
Flygon easily gets my vote, considering it's one of my favorite Pokemon in general. I have always enjoyed using Flygon and I absolutely love its design.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:37 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Even though I am seeing both Garchomp and Hydreigon leading and are in a tie, I really wish Salamence get this same situation too. Common people vote for this poor fellow too
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I voted for Flygon. I just love its design overall.

Although I actually don't like Vibrava very much... its HGSS sprite was the only thing that made me kinda like it a tiny bit, due to being able to see its mouth.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
Flygon, Altaria, and the Bagon line.. eee. <3 I love these guys. Altaria probably takes the #1 spot though, she's super adorable and her shiny form is just gorgeous.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
This was a toughie. Kingdra, Garchomp and Salamence are three of my all-time favorite Pokemon, not just Dragon types. So those three and Hydreigon. Never really liked Flygon/Altaria as much as them, to be honest.
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Magic

Love the Dratini line and I recently traded for an Altaria! If it's typing wasn't so dull, making it essentially a weaker Dragonite/etc., then maybe it would get more love from the public .

Mega-evolution please!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
As a classic junkie of Pokemon, I have always loved the Dratini line as Dragonair is my favorite dragon type of all time. I mean...a dragon that has the ability to control the weather is a Pokemon I love the most. <3

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Totally love Flygon's line! It's the perfect mixture of cool, cute, unique, and fast!

Poor ol' Drudigon.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
For me, it's Kingdra and Altaria. I've voted for Kingdra mostly due to battling reasons. I've been able to sweep a lot of my opponent's Pokémon with it, especially after a Dragon Dance. It also has the ability to counter rain teams, which is awesome. =) Altaria was able to get my vote because of its amazing design. I love the cloud-like feathers that are around its body, and the white cheeks are very cute!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Haxorus and Garchomp.

Haxorus because it's not the pseudo-legendary but it's glorious all the same. Also its amazing black shiny form.

Garchomp cuz it's a friggen shark.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I can never say it enough, but thanks again to everyone for participating in the voting each week- the more we get, the more accurate this tournament will be!

As for this week's results (voting this week just seemed to drag on, didn't it?), the Pokémon that you selected as your favorite Dragon-types are:

Spoiler:

The upcoming round of voting will feature Fighting-type Pokémon, and should be up in just a few minutes! Who will duke it out to earn your support as your favorite Fighting type? Keep voting to find out!

Sponsored Links