Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
When I first played through Pokemon HG, I made the foolish mistake of adding most everyone from Johto to my Pokegear phone, thinking that there would have been some way to delete those numbers anytime they started to get annoying.

Guess what, they got annoying and to my frustration, there was no way to delete those suckers from my Pokegear memory.

My question goes out to the community; did you make the same mistake that I did and if so, what was your first reaction after realizing your mistake?

Last edited by RoreyG; August 28th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Thankfully no, as I watched every dialogue of them and added only those who were worthy of getting my number like the ones who give elemental stones and those who inform of Pokemon Swarms
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Aslan
the pretender

You're not alone Rorey, I made the exact same mistake. My thought process went along the lines of "if I add everyone, I'll be sure to get more useful items!". Worst idea I've ever had. There were occasionally a few times when I was offered an item or a rematch but other than that it was just frustrating to hear that 'ring ring' and hear Joey brag about his top percentage Rattata. Well Joey your Rattata can try and absorb the wrath of my fist. I honestly don't need a phone call every four seconds, I know I'm famous now that I've earned the title of champion but it just got so frustrating. Lesson learnt, I hardly add anyone to my Pokegear now unless they have something useful to offer (e.g: evolutionary stones!)

it's a matter of time
before we learn to fly
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:39 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Unfortunately I did make the same mistake. ;_; My first reaction was, "how do I delete these pests off my contacts list?" I googled it and found out it was impossible to delete them and I raged, haha. I think that's one of the minor flaws of HGSS. But despite being only minor, it had a massive impact on the game-play for me. Considering, I got a crap-tonne of calls every minute; and that's excluding Mom!
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
HA! Lol I always reject their offers. I have no need for random people contacting me while I'm running through the game. :3 It was kind useless and I don't know why they didn't think out of a number deletion thing.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I don't really care, I just select something else to stop the phone noises.
Old August 31st, 2013, 07:41 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Thankfully, I haven't made the same mistake as you did. Haha. I've only added important people to my PokéGear, such as mom, professor Elm, Lyra, Lance, and a few Pokémon trainers who I found to be challenging. Some of these trainers did call me from time to time, but if I didn't feel like battling them, I would just hang up their calls.
for all distractions.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links