The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious

Advertise here

Are you grump or not so grump? Doesn't matter, this is the Game Grumps Fan Club.

Game Grumps Biography

The Game Grumps are hosted by two YouTube personalities who play video games while also using live commentary. Their games range from a wide spectrum. From NES games to modern XB360 and PS3 games and anything in between. They post 2 videos (Under GameGrumps) everyday. The series is full of humor, behind-the-scenes look at the Grumps lives and all around solid gameplay! Don't you wish you were a Grump. :3

The Grumps Are: (Click names to be brought to their respective projects.)

Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson |
The creator of the infamous Awesome Series. A talented artist and voice actor, Arin has been featured on many cartoons by other animators. Spawning from Newgrounds, Arin has expanded his horizon by hosting other means of media, such as live-action and moving to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube (the home of the GameGrumps).

Danny Avidan |
Dan is the creator and song writer of the wildly popular band Ninja Sex Party. He and his co-star Ninja Brian make music videos that bring joy to countless people on YouTube. After Jon Jafari's leave, Danny stepped in as the co-Grump. He is funny, talented and interesting. Truly a spectacular replacement.

Barry |
Barry serves as the Grump's video editor, only ever mentioned (and sometimes seen), Barry runs the show in the background. Editing and posting the videos on their scheduled times. Barry has never been filmed or recorded speaking, a running gag.

Former Grumps
Jonathan "JonTron" Jafari |
The previous co-Grump, Jon owns the incredibly popular JonTron Show. He reviews old games with comedy themed videos. A wonderful singer and a funny man in his own right. Jon worked with Arin at the series start and for unseen reasons, had to retire from the Grumps where, soon after, Danny secured the position. Jon is missed but still loved. And remembered as a true Grump.

Rules |
• All general forum rules and the rules here at the Fan Clubs & Groups apply.
• This club is for the GameGrumps only, Steam Train posts should not be made here.
• Steam Train related posts can be made but should not be the focus of it.
• Anyone who bashes the current cast of the Grumps (Danny vs Jon), complains that Jon was a better Grump without fitting evidence will be warned. If these posts continue you will be removed from the group.
• Ninja Sex Party and Egoraptor cartoon related posts should not be made here. Much like Steam Train, you can mention them but do not allow them to be the focus of the post.
• Feel free to post links to news or updates relating to the Grumps.
• Only switch the topic of discussion if the previous conversation has been, ultimately, wrapped up.
Always respect others opinions.
• No flaming.
• Remain on the current topic at all times.
• And as cliche as it may sound, have fun. :D

Current Members |
Founder: Trainer Timothy (Me)
Other Members:
Astinus
U_Flame
ChocoboCam
Neyherfromspace
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Pickle-Spaghetti
Olli97
Bruce Banner

CURRENT TOPIC: Favorite Series between Arin and Jon and Arin and Danny? (as of August 6th)

Last edited by T!M; October 25th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

How did I not see this until now? I'm joining, since I love the Groomps.

I've been a fan of the Grumps since the day they started, when Jon announced the channel to his followers. I've stayed loyal to them up to this day. And I have to say that I really enjoy having Danny on board now. His chemistry with Arin, his humor, and his skill at video games combine together into someone amazing, and they couldn't have picked a better replacement for Jon.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:03 AM
T!M

Welcome, fellow Grump. I agree completely. Danny is a fine replacement and Jon was a great Grump in his own right. What's you're favorite series so far? Between Arin and Jon and Arin and Danny?
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I've been trying to catch up on the Grumps before answering this question, and I'm just not going to get there before the month is over, so...

During the Jon era, I have to say the early days of Goof Troop was my favorite series. Though Nickelodeon GUTS was incredible if only for Arin's epic rant about not knowing the controls. Now, with Danny, I'm really a fan of the one-off episodes. Skate or Die 2, Totally Rad, Micky's Mousecapades, and Dennis the Menace all had great jokes in them that I enjoyed. They're great and easy to rewatch.

Although, I do have a slight soft spot in my heart for Mike Aruba.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:14 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Yay! I'd like to join please. Currently I believe the Grumps are at their finest with Kirby Epic Yarn. Their gangster role playing is hilarious!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
Oh! I want to join this! I love the Game Grumps! I like all of them (Jon, Danny, and Egoraptor) I was sad to see Jon go, but was happy he'll be working on his Jontron videos again. Despite ultra-fanboy hate, Danny is a great replacement for Jon and I'd love to see what they have in store for the future. My favorite series between Jon and Arin is Mega Man 7 (especially the dust remover episode ) and by favorite Arin-Danny series is Super Mario Bros. 2.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old September 16th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Neyherfromspace

First the game grumps are the best thing in the whole universe. My favorite Jon and Arin is the sonic 06 because the can play 100+ episodes of it with out giving up. My favorite Danny and Arin is the Mario Sunshine because Arin is freaking out and Danny is just eating Skittles. PS my favorite episode is Guest grumps.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:13 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I'm in!

John and Arin: Sonic 06. Favourite Moment: Arin's Impression of Jon

Arin and Danny: Super Mario Bros 2 Favourite Moment: Mayor Luigi

Favourite Grump Remix: Baboom
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I've been trying to catch up on the Grumps before answering this question, and I'm just not going to get there before the month is over, so...

During the Jon era, I have to say the early days of Goof Troop was my favorite series. Though Nickelodeon GUTS was incredible if only for Arin's epic rant about not knowing the controls. Now, with Danny, I'm really a fan of the one-off episodes. Skate or Die 2, Totally Rad, Micky's Mousecapades, and Dennis the Menace all had great jokes in them that I enjoyed. They're great and easy to rewatch.

Although, I do have a slight soft spot in my heart for Mike Aruba.
GET OUTTA HEEYUH... I say this IRL... Alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Yay! I'd like to join please. Currently I believe the Grumps are at their finest with Kirby Epic Yarn. Their gangster role playing is hilarious!
I love their puppet play with the characters. You know? Making their heads nod when they speak. (Arin's better at it than Danny but it's still absolutely hilarious.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboCam View Post
Oh! I want to join this! I love the Game Grumps! I like all of them (Jon, Danny, and Egoraptor) I was sad to see Jon go, but was happy he'll be working on his Jontron videos again. Despite ultra-fanboy hate, Danny is a great replacement for Jon and I'd love to see what they have in store for the future. My favorite series between Jon and Arin is Mega Man 7 (especially the dust remover episode ) and by favorite Arin-Danny series is Super Mario Bros. 2.
Danny at his best. He was dodging Koopa's like Neo dodges bullets.

Also; Welcome new members!!
Old September 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Nyeherfromspace

First thing is that i love the game grumps and PS the neyherfromsapce was my old profile and this is my new. My favorite Arin and Danny is the super Mario sunshine because they made me love that game and that Danny always eating skittles.And my favorite Jon and Arin is the sonic 06 because it is still a mystery how the can stand that game with out giving up.
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Pickle-Spaghetti
Spread the bean buns

Nature: Sassy
I'm definitely joining this club! Game grumps is positively hilarious, and danny is a wonderful addition to the show. I am very much enjoying their Secret of Mana playthrough right now :3
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:34 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Does anybody else like Steam Train? I feel alone on this

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old October 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboCam View Post
Does anybody else like Steam Train? I feel alone on this
Its alright. But I feel they're so mean to Ross that it makes it hard to watch. xD

@Pickle-Spaghetti - Welcome, Grump!
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Pickle-Spaghetti
Spread the bean buns

Nature: Sassy
Thanks XD I never actually watched steam train. I probably should check it out though. I don't know I just think Danny and Arin are too hilarious already xD
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
T!M

Occasionally Ross and Danny will work with Arin and Barry. And on one rare occasion Suzy (Arin's fiance). I don't like Steam Train too much either. But sometimes something they play or the crew they're playing with, make me want to watch it.
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Guess it's about time I'm joining this club :p My case is much like Astinus', as I've been semi-following the Grumps ever since the early days, after Jon announced it on his channel. I was definitely displeased when Jon left, and honestly didn't like Danny at all from his first few episodes, both on GG and Steam Train, though to be honest, their first series on Steam Train is horrible judging point, since their performance has probably been the worst there of all of them :p

Reason I'm saying semi-following is that I'm kinda on and off with watching them. Some series I really enjoy, some I enjoy in the beginning but start to lose interest in, and some I just don't care for. My favourite of their playthroughs is definitely Goof Troop. I enjoyed every single episode, and it was the first that I watched through completely. I've also loved all of their Mario Party playthroughs, and most of the original ones to be honest. I don't know if it's just my inner fanboy that's in protest or something, but I've just found myself to be unable to watch that far into any of their newer playthroughs with Danny. Like, I'll watch a few episodes and really like it, but just stop a bit into it, and I've no idea why, because I'm not exactly getting bored.

As for Steam Train, I honestly don't really see the point. It's basically just another video to release every day, because they're not really that different from the Game Grumps videos, especially considering Arin often finds away into the episodes anyways :p I'm really enjoying their Rogue Legacy playthrough though, and the Leisure Suit Larry episodes are simply comedy gold - especially the Batman part. Haven't laughed so hard in a long time xD

But yeah, overall, I love Game Grumps, and still do. I'm kinda sad that Jon left, but Danny is a pretty worthy replacement. I wouldn't have expected it from what I've seen of his videos on NSP, but he's honestly extremely kind... well, not to Ross :p Kind of one of the down-sides to Steam Train, because while it's a good inside joke, I don't really like the way they're treating Ross at times, even if it is just part of what they do :[
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Guess it's about time I'm joining this club :p My case is much like Astinus', as I've been semi-following the Grumps ever since the early days, after Jon announced it on his channel. I was definitely displeased when Jon left, and honestly didn't like Danny at all from his first few episodes, both on GG and Steam Train, though to be honest, their first series on Steam Train is horrible judging point, since their performance has probably been the worst there of all of them :p

Reason I'm saying semi-following is that I'm kinda on and off with watching them.
Ditto. I haven't watched a recent episode in awhile. Lol.

Quote:
As for Steam Train, I honestly don't really see the point.
Nor I, Ross, in my opinion, isn't very enjoyable to watch. I love Danny, but Ross is just... bad.

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected it from what I've seen of his videos on NSP, but he's honestly extremely kind... well, not to Ross :p Kind of one of the down-sides to Steam Train, because while it's a good inside joke, I don't really like the way they're treating Ross at times, even if it is just part of what they do :[
Preaching to the choir. Joking or not, they need to treat Ross a little better. As I said, it hurts to watch any video, Game Grumps or Steam Train, that they put out with Ross in it.

Also, welcome, Grump! Glad to have you on board!
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Haha it's awesome to see a Game Grumps group on here. I started watching the Grumps a couple of weeks ago after I saw them being advertised in an old JonTron video. It's a shame JonTron isn't a part of the group anymore, but I love watching these guys on Youtube. Some of the funniest commentators ever. I want to do some Let's Plays soon and these guys are truly inspirational.

Besides their comedy and great chemistry my favorite things about these guys is that they will play any game. Hope to be a part of the group, and glad to see that there are others, especially on here, that like these guys as well!
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:31 AM
T!M

So you ask, so it shall be. Welcome to the group, brother!
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
VIIIAxel

Nature: Quiet
Count me in, Game Grumps is awesome! My favorite Arin/Jon series is definitely Sonic 06, they had a lot of their best moments there (One of my favorites being "GREATGREATGREAT") For Arin/Danny, I'll have to cheat and say the one-offs since I haven't seen a lot of their other series, I'm a new fan and I'm too busy to watch them a lot.
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
So you ask, so it shall be. Welcome to the group, brother!
Thanks a lot! :]

OMG I just saw the Grumps playing Bubble Bobble and I played that game like all day yesterday! :D

Check out their latest video:

It's about Castlevania Dracula X: Cities on Flame. Never played the game but it doesn't look half bad.
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Quote:
Nor I, Ross, in my opinion, isn't very enjoyable to watch. I love Danny, but Ross is just... bad.
Personally, I actually quite like Ross. I find him to be nice and hilarious, hence why I'm so put off by the treatment. I know it's just a gimmick, because... well, a lot of people find it funny if there is some kind of victim to tease, and the "Goddammit Ross" joke has really caught on, but I just can't help but wonder how Ross himself feels about that. I mean, I doubt they intended for him to be such a "character" when they first started it, so yeah. But really, I don't really know :p I also only just realised that they only play Steam games on ST (not counting Steam Rolled), which I guess gives it a bit more purpose? I honestly think it was just to expand on the channel, considering how big it'd become ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Check out their latest video:

It's about Castlevania Dracula X: Cities on Flame. Never played the game but it doesn't look half bad.
I seriously love the intro. Kept replaying it several times over, because for some reason, I find it incredibly hilarious xD

That aside, isn't this like their third LP of a Castlevania game? Something tells my they aren't gonna finish this one either, but who knows, maybe they've finally decided on finishing one of the darn games ;) I'm definitely enjoying the video, but I've honestly never played any Castlevania games, so I can't really relate to the difficulty of them at all. And on the topic of not finishing games, how many series have they actually finished? I know they finished Goof Troop, and I'm pretty sure they finished Kirby as well, but aside from the smaller ones, do anyone know how many they've actually finished?

Also, I hope it's alright if I bring some new topics to the table, because I've got a few stuck in my head right now :)

Which video, series or moment have you found to be the most hilarious out of what you've watched of Game Grumps?

Which games would you like to see them play in the future? Both on Game Grumps and on Steam Train.

How do you feel about the humor presented on the channel? Do you feel as though it's changed since Jon left, and if so, with whom did you like it better?

Just so we have a few things to talk about ;)
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM
T!M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Personally, I actually quite like Ross. I find him to be nice and hilarious, hence why I'm so put off by the treatment. I know it's just a gimmick, because... well, a lot of people find it funny if there is some kind of victim to tease, and the "Goddammit Ross" joke has really caught on, but I just can't help but wonder how Ross himself feels about that. I mean, I doubt they intended for him to be such a "character" when they first started it, so yeah. But really, I don't really know :p I also only just realised that they only play Steam games on ST (not counting Steam Rolled), which I guess gives it a bit more purpose? I honestly think it was just to expand on the channel, considering how big it'd become ;p
I'm not a fan of Ross but I have been in a situation similar to his. Being the butt of everyone jokes. Although you put on a smile because your making your friends laugh. Inside it hurts because you want to be respected too. So yeah, I may not like Ross playin' games. But definitely dislike they way they treat him. Joking or not. It's borderline bullying. :/

Quote:
That aside, isn't this like their third LP of a Castlevania game? Something tells my they aren't gonna finish this one either, but who knows, maybe they've finally decided on finishing one of the darn games I'm definitely enjoying the video, but I've honestly never played any Castlevania games, so I can't really relate to the difficulty of them at all. And on the topic of not finishing games, how many series have they actually finished? I know they finished Goof Troop, and I'm pretty sure they finished Kirby as well, but aside from the smaller ones, do anyone know how many they've actually finished?
They've finished quite a few. One of my favorites being Alladin with Jon and Arin. They've finished... Mario Sunshine. I think, don't quote me. There's plenty they've finished. I don't think there has been many between Arin and Danny, but quite a few with Jon. Actually, they finished LoZ didn't they?

Quote:
Also, I hope it's alright if I bring some new topics to the table, because I've got a few stuck in my head right now
Please do, hombre!

Quote:
Which video, series or moment have you found to be the most hilarious out of what you've watched of Game Grumps?
Jon & Arin: The Pumbloom, The "Scaaaaary" thing that attacked Jon in Castlvania 4, I think? and the Knuckles Glitch in Sonic '06

Danny & Arin: ♪ My name is Mr. Wilson and I'm here to say... I'm going to spank your *** in a special way. Dennis what are you doing in here... GET OUTTA HEUH! GET OUTTTTTTTTAA HUUEEAAAAAHH!! ♪

Quote:
Which games would you like to see them play in the future? Both on Game Grumps and on Steam Train.
Earthworm Jim (Sega) and Rayman (PSOne), seems like their style.

Quote:
How do you feel about the humor presented on the channel? Do you feel as though it's changed since Jon left, and if so, with whom did you like it better?
Little upset when it started. I thought the series was declining. But then I watched a Super Mario 2 video with Danny kickin' butt. And fell in love with him. Although Danny is great and I miss Jon. I'm glad the period where fans were whining and making witty jokes about Jon being gone are over... I was like, get over it and stop being so threatened by change. Jon is great, Danny is great. Game Grumps, ladies and gentleman, is great.

Quote:
Just so we have a few things to talk about
I appreciate your contribution.

Last edited by T!M; October 27th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
sulley

I've been a fan of Game Grumps since day 1. I love the show. I didn't like Danny at first but I think he is hilarious now!!
For the minute my favourite is Out of this World.
I am loving that they are playing Super Mario World I have been waiting for ages for this.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Quote:
I feel all alone, with him personally being my favorite. I love his "RubberRoss" videos and even though I disagree with a lot of his opinions, I bet he'd still be fun to have at a party.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here