The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2013 (10:46 AM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.
Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.

Nature: Lonely
I'm so sorry! I've been on vacation for the past three days.
Maiu, that's an excellent idea! I think that having different levels of challenge is a great idea!

But, I'm done anyways!
Please meet:

Peppy the Torchic! And no, I'm not good with nicknames.
Nature: Brave
IV's: I honestly don't know, I haven't looked yet.
Moveset: SmellingSalt, Reversal
Father: Mienshao

And to those of you who have just joined, welcome to the club!! And I'm posting userbars now!! Huzzah!!

And yes, you can have a cookie.=)

Join the Poké Dance Party! Gen II at it's best!
Old September 15th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

Wow, where did everyone go? I go away for two days, and nobody's here?

*sniff, sniff* What happened here?

Old September 22nd, 2013 (07:54 PM).
«Chuckles»
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
I am still here when is the next breeding event?

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old September 28th, 2013 (05:25 AM).
Zebz213
Travelling Insomniac

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkGamingInc. View Post
Wow, where did everyone go? I go away for two days, and nobody's here?

*sniff, sniff* What happened here?
Sorry I've been busy with University and GTA V I'm less busy now though
Here's an Absol to cheer you up!

When is the next breeding project by the way?

White 2 FC: 3955-5631-8786
Add my FC if you want to battle, trade, or just hang out.
Old September 28th, 2013 (05:30 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
We should get a new challenge/project going in here, but until then - has anyone been breeding anything interesting lately?

I've not had much time for it myself with uni/work starting so I don't have much of interest to show off, but I have managed to get Floony to level 85ish so that's a good thing? :D
Old September 29th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

Totally sorry guys, I've been busy with school and my aunt died in a car crash on the highway two days ago. I'll be away for awhile because of that, and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to do stuff from over in Germany.

Any suggestions for a new breeding project?

Also, let's have a quick lesson in breeding.

Target Pokemon: Shiny Dratini with perfect IV's in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, a Careful Nature, and the ability Marvel Scale.

Mother: Shiny Japanese Dragonite with ability Shed Skin and Careful Nature, holding Eviolite.

Father: French Milotic with ability Marvel Scales, with moves Iron Tail, Water Pulse, Hyper Beam, and Toxic.

Result: Shiny Dratini with ability Shed Skin, Careful Nature, perfect IV's in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, and moves Iron Tail, Water Pulse, Wrap, and Leer.

Okay, who can tell me what I did wrong? The first correct answer gets a cookie.

Old October 5th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Zebz213
Travelling Insomniac

The mistake was that the mother had it's dream world ability which had a 50% chance to be passed down. Now where's mah cookiez!?

Old October 6th, 2013 (03:39 PM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

I think you meant she didn't have the DW Ability, but I'll take that

And right now I'm over in Germany and my uncle has horrid internet connection, but still I can prevail! And I'm updating the project section now, too.

Here's your cookie:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cookieaward.jpg‎ (17.2 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old October 8th, 2013 (04:49 PM). Edited October 8th, 2013 by Tek.
Tek
Tek! Ken! Fun! Sai!
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
USERNAME: YZN (it's pronounced "why-zen")

PROUD OF: My Brave Trapinch PATRIARCH. He has 31 HP IV and 31 Speed IVs. Once he hits Lv. 89, he and my Adamant Trapinch BROODMAMA (31 HP IVs) will produce a slew of baby Adamant Trapinch that know Fissure, Dig, Quick Attack, and either Faint Attack or Rock Slide.

PARTNERS: Sassy Kingler ICEBREAKER, 31 Sp. Defense IVs, 252 Sp. Defense EVs, knows Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Whirlpool. Naive Xatu BRAHMAN, knows Light Screen, Reflect, Confuse Ray, and Tailwind.

TROPHY POKEMON: None yet, except maybe PATRIARCH I guess.

TOPIC ANSWER: I don't expect any big changes, but who knows? With a new type and a new type of evolution, Nintendo is clearly shaking things up a bit.

BREEDING PROJECT: I will participate when I can. I only have HeartGold. First thing is to get a Ralts from GTS.

Old October 11th, 2013 (09:09 AM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

Welcome to the club, YZN! We're glad to have you!

I've finally updated the breeding section, if I didn't mention that. And! Another little bugger has come along! Disclaimer: I didn't breed him. I found him in the wild. But he will be one of the best Pokemon to breed with! That I've ever had!

Allow me to introduce you all to my prized possession, Hermy!

He's the very Crustle that blocks your path in Black and White 2. And he just so happened to be Shiny.
To be honest I don't know wether or not this particular Crustle CAN be Shiny or not. I tried looking up this Crustle being Shiny on YouTube, Google, etc. Can't find any instance of it.

Anyways, I'm still in Germany. With my uncle's crappy internet. I'm leaving today, though. I'll be back on in no time!

Old October 21st, 2013 (04:53 PM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

Hello, once again.

I'm actually here to say that my computer (being the marvelous piece of machinery it is) has unfortunately bit the dust. It needs to be wiped, and it gets the Blue Screen of Death every time I so much as look at it the wrong way.

I am currently typing this on my 3DS, using PC's wonderful Mobile Skin. Oh, and my twin brother is being a jerk, and won't let me use his computer.

So, in order to make my 3DS run as fast as possible without having any issues, I humbly ask that you do not use:

1. Large images
2.Animated images (GIFs, animated sprites, etc.)
3.Spoiler tags if you would like me to read something. Currently, I cannot get spoiler tags to work on my 3DS.

I thank you all in advance. You can use images such as static sprites, conquest artwork, and small stuff like that. I'm really very sorry about all this. I'll try to sort this out.

In the meantime, who's enjoying X and Y? I know I am thoroughly enjoying X. (")>

Old October 28th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Zebz213
Travelling Insomniac

I'm really enjoying both right now (hence why I haven't been on PokeCommunity in a while) on a different topic, has anyone noticed a change in X & Y breeding because I haven't (other than the perfect IV changes). Oh, and sorry about your PC Maelstrom.

Old October 29th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Pilkie
Pokémon Breeder

Username: Pilkie
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: My Scizor, Blade. I hatched him as a Scyther from an egg and traded him into a new game. He bacame my go-to pokémon and was the first pokémon I ever leveled to 100 (Pokémon Crystal Version).
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Blade (Scizor), Cindaquil, Zorua
Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): I don't have any pokémon I believe are trophy-worthy at the moment.
Answer to the Current Topic: I believe that X/Y has introduced some game-changing improvements to pokémon breeding.
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: I don't think I will participate. I am trying to breed a 'perfect' Scyther, so right now all my breeding resources are pooled into that.

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
3DS Friend Code: 4399-0158-9260
(Note: Please PM me if you add me so I know it's a PC member and not a random)
Friend Safari: Ghost Type: Phantump, Lampent, and Golurk
Old November 3rd, 2013 (08:12 PM).
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Sotani
Yey! A club!

Username: Sotani

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: I suppose my female shinx with intimidate, someone requested one and I didn't expect it to take that long to get.

Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Shiny Eevee to defend and raise the babies and my Talonflame to warm the eggs. Axew likes to try and warm them too but hes too rough.

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): I don't have one at this point. I've bred a LOT of pokemon, but none of them out of the ordinary or worth mentioning. I'm working on an Axew with excellent stats or a shiny.

Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: I would love to! but since this is a Sunday and it says "week" project, I think I'll wait till the next one to participate. I'm a breeder-in-training so I don't have tons of professional knowledge; I usually just breed to duplicate pokemon rather than to get anything special so it'll be new for me.

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 4th, 2013 (02:01 PM).
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Welcome to the club, Pilkie and Sotani!

Pilkie, good luck with getting your perfect Scyther, IV breeding is not an easy job, but with patience you'll definitely get it!

Sotani, I have a Talonflame to warm up the eggs as well, he's always on my team nowadays, not just for breeding, but also to fly me around, plus he's a reliable battler as well. Good luck with getting your Axew, and I have to say that Shiny Haxorus looks amazing!

I have a new breeding project planned actually too, I want to try out the Masuda Method, but for that I need a foreign Ditto first, so I'll be stalking the GTS in search for one for the moment.
Old November 4th, 2013 (04:48 PM).
Pilkie
Pokémon Breeder

I picked up a foreign ditto on wonder trade a few days back. The IVs on it are pretty bad, but it can certainly be useful for Masuda Method shiny breeding.

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
3DS Friend Code: 4399-0158-9260
(Note: Please PM me if you add me so I know it's a PC member and not a random)
Friend Safari: Ghost Type: Phantump, Lampent, and Golurk
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:13 AM).
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

I have a question about perfect IVs. I was releasing my plethora of eevees not too long ago and I realized that one of them had all his stats at 6 unlike a lot of my others who have at least one 5. Does that mean his stats are 'perfect'? If not, what's considered perfect?

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:55 AM).
ChipmunkGamingInc.

I'm so sorry! My computer had to be wiped, and so... yeah.

Anywho, welcome to the club, both of you! I'll update the members section soon, don't worry.

And I also managed to get a German Frogadier, and an English Braixen for whoever would like one.

As for IV breeding, you can go to Pokecheck.org and follow the instructions there to upload your Pokemon in order to check it's IVs. It ain't fun, IV breeding. It ain't fun.

And, one more thing, totally unrelated, if someone could tell me why the heck I have a massive Gourgeist, I'd be appreciative. It's about twice as big, and I got her as a Pumpkaboo and she evolved, which was pretty neat. But I'd gotten two Pumpkaboo that day, and I have no idea why she's so much bigger.

Old November 5th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkGamingInc. View Post
I'm so sorry! My computer had to be wiped, and so... yeah.

Anywho, welcome to the club, both of you! I'll update the members section soon, don't worry.

And I also managed to get a German Frogadier, and an English Braixen for whoever would like one.

As for IV breeding, you can go to Pokecheck.org and follow the instructions there to upload your Pokemon in order to check it's IVs. It ain't fun, IV breeding. It ain't fun.

And, one more thing, totally unrelated, if someone could tell me why the heck I have a massive Gourgeist, I'd be appreciative. It's about twice as big, and I got her as a Pumpkaboo and she evolved, which was pretty neat. But I'd gotten two Pumpkaboo that day, and I have no idea why she's so much bigger.
Serebii says the size of pumpkaboo is based on /how/ you found it, but i don't know what that means. The form can't be changed though so you'll always have big pumpkaboo! I got all the sizes from wonder trade

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 5th, 2013 (11:30 AM). Edited November 5th, 2013 by MIAU.
MIAU
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotani View Post
I have a question about perfect IVs. I was releasing my plethora of eevees not too long ago and I realized that one of them had all his stats at 6 unlike a lot of my others who have at least one 5. Does that mean his stats are 'perfect'? If not, what's considered perfect?
An untrained Pokemon's stats are comprised of two components:
  • base stats - these are set per species, i.e. all Pikachu have the same base stats, all Axew have the same base stats, etc. You can find these online, on sites like bulbapedia or serebii. They can't be changed.
  • individual values - known as IVs. These are set per Pokemon, i.e. my Pikachu will have different IVs from your Pikachu or any other Pikachu. Each Pokemon has an IV of 0 to 31 in each of its six stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. These are randomly generated when you catch or breed your Pokemon, and also can't be changed once the Pokemon was caught or bred. They are then scaled to the Pokemon's level and added to the base stats, that's how my Pikachu will have different stats that other Pikachu, even though they are the same species.

For example, here are two Munna I caught in the Dream Radar: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111649 and https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111646. If you look at the Stats box, you can see that the Base stats are exactly the same, but the IVs are different. This is how those two Munna, even though they are at the same level, have different stats (those are in the Stat column). The higher the IVs, the higher stats of course, and what people refer to as perfect Pokemon are those who have IVs of 31 all around.

For reference, https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6510761 is a perfect Eevee, while https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6620124 has average IVs. As you can see, they both only have one stat at 5, and it's the stat that is lowered because of their Natures. My guess is that your Eevee who has 6 all around has a neutral Nature, such as Hardy, Docile, Bashful, Quirky or Serious, doesn't it?

Bottom line is, the higher the level, the easier it is to calculate a Pokemon's IVs, because they are more noticeable. For a level 1 Pokemon, you can either upload them to pokecheck like Maelstrom said, but since you can't do that with X/Y yet, your best bet is to go to the Battle Institute in Lumiose with those Pokemon. They will be automatically level to level 50, and while in battle, go to their summary page and input the species, Nature, characteristic and stats in an IV calculator, like http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx.

Hope I helped
Old November 5th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
An untrained Pokemon's stats are comprised of two components:
  • base stats - these are set per species, i.e. all Pikachu have the same base stats, all Axew have the same base stats, etc. You can find these online, on sites like bulbapedia or serebii. They can't be changed.
  • individual values - known as IVs. These are set per Pokemon, i.e. my Pikachu will have different IVs from your Pikachu or any other Pikachu. Each Pokemon has an IV of 0 to 31 in each of its six stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. These are randomly generated when you catch or breed your Pokemon, and also can't be changed once the Pokemon was caught or bred. They are then scaled to the Pokemon's level and added to the base stats, that's how my Pikachu will have different stats that other Pikachu, even though they are the same species.

For example, here are two Munna I caught in the Dream Radar: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111649 and https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111646. If you look at the Stats box, you can see that the Base stats are exactly the same, but the IVs are different. This is how those two Munna, even though they are at the same level, have different stats (those are in the Stat column). The higher the IVs, the higher stats of course, and what people refer to as perfect Pokemon are those who have IVs of 31 all around.

For reference, https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6510761 is a perfect Eevee, while https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6620124 has average IVs. As you can see, they both only have one stat at 5, and it's the stat that is lowered because of their Natures. My guess is that your Eevee who has 6 all around has a neutral Nature, such as Hardy, Docile, Bashful, Quirky or Serious, doesn't it?

Bottom line is, the higher the level, the easier it is to calculate a Pokemon's IVs, because they are more noticeable. For a level 1 Pokemon, you can either upload them to pokecheck like Maelstrom said, but since you can't do that with X/Y yet, your best bet is to go to the Battle Institute in Lumiose with those Pokemon. They will be automatically level to level 50, and while in battle, go to their summary page and input the species, Nature, characteristic and stats in an IV calculator, like http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx.

Hope I helped

You did help! Thank you; i'm just not quite sure I get the idea behind 'perfect' but that's my fault, I need to do more research. I appreciate it.

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 6th, 2013 (07:54 PM).
Tek
Tek! Ken! Fun! Sai!
Community Supporter

There are a couple of guides on gamefaqs that have to do with EV training hotspots. They go into great detail about natures and IVs as well as breeding methods. The EV training hotspot guide for pokemon black/white version actually has a diagram showing how to get an 'ideal' poke through breeding. Just thought I'd share since I have found them to be so useful :]

Old November 6th, 2013 (10:29 PM).
Marionz
New to 6th Gen

Nature: Timid
Okay okay where do I start.. Sorry, its my first time joining a club and i chose this one to be my first cause it looks awesome. Okay here we go!

Username: Marionz

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: All perfect/penta/quadra flawless IV pokemons i've bred so far. Either through RNG-ing or the normal method. But I love Electivire. He's my treasure.

Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Electavire, Raichu, Jolteon

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details):
Electavire "ThunderFur" Lv.100 Male (Shiny)
Ability: Motor Drive
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Cross Chop/Earthquake
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed
Description: This guy is my most loved and prized possession back on my Platinum days. I used ThunderFur (sorry his nick) in every battle I engaged in. Got him through RNG abuse and raised him to battle E4 and online battles. I really love this guy, sadly he's gone now cause needed funds for Pokemon Y game so I cleared my save and sold the game... I miss him now that I think about him. Maybe someday I will get him reincarnated.

Answer to the Current Topic:
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required:
Yes
I will be readding those people I've added in the past... My friend code changed and I don't know why.. Some of my applications are gone in my 3DS too so.. I dunno what happened.. Someone may have messed with my 3DS

Clubs: Pokemon Breeders Fan Club | The Pokemon Trainer Association
Old November 9th, 2013 (04:55 AM).
MIAU
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club, Marionz! You should definitely try and bring back your Electivire, with the changes to breeding mechanics in gen 6, it'll be a lot easier to breed it, even without abusing the RNG

Thought I'd share my progress in my current breeding project: 5V Staryu, optional Shiny.

I started with an average Staryu that I fished up in my game, and a Japanese Ditto with perfect Sp. Attack and Speed. As soon as I got a 3V Staryu, I changed the parents, so now I'm using Staryu CDS* and another foreign Ditto HB. After breeding a full box, I ended up with four 4V Staryu, and I'll be swapping the parents again to increase my chances to get a 5V baby.

Not sure if I should insist to get a Shiny, since the odds are still very low, even with the Masuda Method. By the way, I noticed that getting good foreign Ditto is quite easy with the new GTS. You can filter out the people asking for legendaries, so no more crazy requests for Xerneas or Yveltal pop up + you can only choose to display Pokemon from a different region than yours, and only those requests for Pokemon you have.

* - I'm using the HABCDS notation, where H - perfect HP, A - perfect Attack and so on. Basically, Staryu HBCS means a 31/x/31/31/x/31, i.e. a Staryu with perfect HP, Defense, Special Attack and Speed. Oh, and nV means a Pokemon with n perfect IVs.
Old November 9th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Tek
Tek! Ken! Fun! Sai!
Community Supporter

Go for the shiny! Shiny Staryu are neat. Although it's already pretty good at 4V. I would've stopped at CDS Staryu lol, I generally go for 3V unless it's something really special.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links