The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Marionz
New to 6th Gen

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
yes i always see that "nV" thing whenever i go to GTS. But I don't trust what other people says yet, unless gamefreak decided to put an additional feature in the GTS wherein you can get a summary of the pokemon they're trading so as to at least calculate it for ourselves.
I will be readding those people I've added in the past... My friend code changed and I don't know why.. Some of my applications are gone in my 3DS too so.. I dunno what happened.. Someone may have messed with my 3DS

Clubs: Pokemon Breeders Fan Club | The Pokemon Trainer Association
Old November 10th, 2013, 08:31 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZN View Post
Go for the shiny! Shiny Staryu are neat. Although it's already pretty good at 4V. I would've stopped at CDS Staryu lol, I generally go for 3V unless it's something really special.
I just might go for shiny! And actually, it is really special, since it's going to be a gift for a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionz View Post
yes i always see that "nV" thing whenever i go to GTS. But I don't trust what other people says yet, unless gamefreak decided to put an additional feature in the GTS wherein you can get a summary of the pokemon they're trading so as to at least calculate it for ourselves.
Yeah, I'd like to be able to see a better summary of the Pokemon on the GTS as well, right now we only have name, gender and level, that doesn't say much. At least they gave us those notes you can write in gen 6, and while I trust people and think the vast majority won't try to scam others, it only takes one bad experience until you can't trust anybody on the GTS anymore.
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Marionz
New to 6th Gen

There is this one japanese guy who's claiming that his ditto has 6v and is trading it for a Yveltal... fortunately for me i got an extra from the GTS so i traded it away only to find out that his ditto was a trash.. i released it but i never remembered his name cause its japanese so now i don't trust anyone in the GTS anymore..
I will be readding those people I've added in the past... My friend code changed and I don't know why.. Some of my applications are gone in my 3DS too so.. I dunno what happened.. Someone may have messed with my 3DS

Clubs: Pokemon Breeders Fan Club | The Pokemon Trainer Association
Old November 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Typhon
W a v e ~

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Typhon
Username: Typhon

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: My near perfect Charmander! It has an amazing Modest nature <3

Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Flare the Marcargo (Helps with my daily breeding ^_^)

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details):

Charmander Lv.1 / Male
Ability: Blaze
Move set: Scratch, Growl
IVs: 31 | X | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

Answer to the Current Topic: Do you think breeding will change in X/Y? From what I've played, breeding hasn't changed much. If at all, I think it's gotten easier! <3 But before yeah, I was sure they were gonna do something to change the breeding mechanic and they've changed a few small things. :)

Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required:
I'll be participating! <3 I'll have a lovely pancake soon with an egg move! ~
Old November 11th, 2013, 01:15 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club, Typhon! Your Charmander is amazing! The perfect nature too, that's great! Is it RNGed, or did you breed it the standard way?

Breeding has gotten easier in gen 6, thanks to Destiny Knot, that ensures that 5 IVs from either parent will be passed down. Here's a list of changes to the breeding mechanics BTW

I was really excited about being able to pass down the mother's ball for the offspring, but sadly it doesn't work in a genderless x Ditto pairing, so all my Staryu were hatched in standard Poke Balls.
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:37 AM
ChipmunkGamingInc.
Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.

Nature: Lonely
Wow. Just wow.

3 new members. I didn't think this club would get all this attention, seeing as I can't find anybody on the internet who does as much breeding as I do.

Well, I'm off to update the members section!

Join the Poké Dance Party! Gen II at it's best!
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Typhon
W a v e ~

Send a message via Skype™ to Typhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
Welcome to the club, Typhon! Your Charmander is amazing! The perfect nature too, that's great! Is it RNGed, or did you breed it the standard way?

Breeding has gotten easier in gen 6, thanks to Destiny Knot, that ensures that 5 IVs from either parent will be passed down. Here's a list of changes to the breeding mechanics BTW :)

I was really excited about being able to pass down the mother's ball for the offspring, but sadly it doesn't work in a genderless x Ditto pairing, so all my Staryu were hatched in standard Poke Balls.
I used the Destiny Knot! :D
I bred a few, and a lucky Modest one popped out! :)
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Oh, that was lucky, congrats!

I like to use the Everstone as soon as I get a baby with the nature I want, right now I'm breeding a Timid Staryu holding an Everstone and Ditto with Destiny Knot.
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Current Topic: What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Uhh, I bred a shiny Eevee in X for no reason. I just had a JPN male and bred it with my female Eevee and in 20 eggs, boom! Shiny Eevee. Also last night I had to hatch 16 eggs to get a single female Meditite and then bred her with my male Kadabra so that her offspring could get Psycho Cut. One of the babies came out with a perfect 31 IVs in attack so woo!

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old November 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Definitely my current project, since this is the first time that I actually have a goal in mind, and I have a bit of experience from the casual breeding I did in B2/W2. I'm currently at 3+ boxes of Staryu, so 100ish I'd say, and so far I have 6 babies with four perfect IVs and a bunch with three perfect IVs, thanks to Destiny Knot

Savant, congrats on your Shiny Eevee! That's some twisted luck you got there though, it took you 20 eggs to get a shiny (odds being 1/1365) and 16 eggs to get a female (odds being 1/2)!
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Savant
Natural Born Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Definitely my current project, since this is the first time that I actually have a goal in mind, and I have a bit of experience from the casual breeding I did in B2/W2. I'm currently at 3+ boxes of Staryu, so 100ish I'd say, and so far I have 6 babies with four perfect IVs and a bunch with three perfect IVs, thanks to Destiny Knot

Savant, congrats on your Shiny Eevee! That's some twisted luck you got there though, it took you 20 eggs to get a shiny (odds being 1/1365) and 16 eggs to get a female (odds being 1/2)!
Thanks! Here's a picture.
Spoiler:

I've been trying to get a Run Away Oddish from the Friend Safari so I can breed it but I haven't encountered a single one so far! >_<

3DS FC: 1564-2977-3425
Friend Safari: Psychic (Drowzee - Espurr - ???)

my.anime | my.manga | Circle of One | Pokemon Breeders FC | Fire Emblem FC

Old November 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

So what eeveelution are you going for?

And were you ever online at the same time as your friend? Because hidden abilities only show up in the friend safari if you and your friend were online at the same time at some point.
Old November 15th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Sotani
This is off topic but I have another question about breeding perfect Ivs. Say I was going for 5 out of the 6 stats, is the goal to compensate for the stat that has the least base power, or is the goal to further develop the highest? Like.. Axew has base stats of

HP 46
Attack 87
Defense 60
Sp. Atk 30
Sp. Def 40
Speed 57

So is my goal to get a Axew that has pefect stats except for attack? Since clearly the attack is the highest regardless, or is my goal to try and get perfect attack and leave out special attack so that I can just kill whatever comes out with duel chop?

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Usually you should try to improve a Pokemon's best stats. In this case, Axew/Haxorus is an offensive Pokemon, and its Attack stat is much higher that its Sp. Attack, and its best moves are Physical moves, so it makes sense to invest in Attack and just ignore Sp. Attack.

If you check Haxorus's stats on bulbapedia, you can see that the maximum Sp. Attack (considering max IV, EVs and favorable nature) at level 100 is 240, while the minimum Attack stat (considering 0 IV, EVs and unfavorable nature) is 269. Why waste all the effort on Sp. Attack then, especially since if you invest in Attack, it can get as high as 432. So instead of good stats on both Attack and Sp. Attack, you get an average Sp. Attack (that will never be used anyway) and a killer Attack stat, that will help you defeat other 'mon in fewer moves.
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Miau put it well, you generally want to maximize a pokemon's better stats. Another thing to consider is what the poke's role in your party will be. For example, will a pokemon learn moves that use sp. atk or atk?

I actually ended up sacrificing my Kingler's speed stat (which is decent) to maximize its sp. def (which is meh). I did this because I raise lots of dragons, and I needed a pokemon that could stand up to ice type moves.

Old November 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

I managed to breed about 7 quirky 5 IV Axews with unnerve and I'm willing to give them out free to members of the club if anyones interested! Thank you guys for helping me understand IV breeding. I'm still working on a perfect Axew but the ones I bred are missing Sp. Attack which I heard is not a problem, a couple of them are missing Hp if you'd rather have that but I doubt it.

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Congrats, that's great! How many boxes did you breed? I'm just curious, since I've yet to get a 5 IV Staryu, though I can't really say exactly how many eggs I hatched, because I've been Wonder Trading them in the meanwhile.

BTW, I'd recommend Wonder Trading your bred Pokemon that you don't need, especially if you have a bunch. There are a lot of people doing this, so I was able to get a few 4+ IV Pokemon that I might use as parents later on.
Old November 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sotani
Pokemon Breeder Yuki

Alright, the offer will still be open for a while. When I get my 6 IV i'll start wondertrading them. I'd say I bred around 5 boxes but I released ones that only had 1, 2 IVs and 3 later on when I was looking for 4+ so my boxes wouldn't get crowded.

I have a lot of pre-breeded pokemon for trading purposes that are taking up my boxes so i'm going to wondertrade those away tonight then release the pokemon I get back if they're common so I'll have more room for IV breeding.

I think it's actually pretty fun! I've always bred pokemon but Now I can breed for a reason. Goodluck on your Staryu, I honestly got very very lucky when passing on the stats. They all got exactly what they needed.

My Friends List is full!
Sorry
Old December 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

There's a lot of good poké-breeding going on around here! I'm glad to be part of this group.

Current Topic: What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?
I have FINALLY gotten my pair of Trapinch ready for breeding. Here they are:

PATRIARCH the Trapinch
Lv. 92 Brave Male
Earth Power/Feint/Quick Attack/Fissure
Perfect Speed IV

BROODMAMA the Trapinch
Lv. 90 Hasty Female
Earth Power/Feint/Dig/Fissure
Perfect HP IV

So, as you can see, they will produce some killer Flygon. BROODMAMA may have other perfect IVs, I'm away from my DS and can't remember right now. I plan to pass on PATRIARCH's speed IV and BROODMAMA's nature to the babies. If anyone wants one, just let me know! My friend codes are on my profile page.

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM
kanakinz.
- - just another pokébreeder

Hey everyone! I'm Kana. I'm kind of new to breeding, since I've only started breeding this new generation (which- I dont know why.. I enjoy creating a perfect little poke ) But this club seems like a perfect place to share my breeding adventures, and also to hear all of yours! I'm definitely interested in all the pokes others were able to breed for. Anyway, my sign up form:

Username: _Espeon
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: I'm currently still on my very first breeding project. It's not complete yet, but so far I have 2 Bold Eevee's with 4IVs with Wish. Once I get the 5IVs I want (-Atk), I'll be extremely proud of it since it is my first project I'm also currently breeding with a Japanese Ditto so hopefully a shiny might pop out somewhere amongst all my eggs.
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Lani the Espeon
Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): I have none right now

Answer to the Current Topic:
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: Of course! First, I'll have to go and capture a female stunfisk of course. And in order to get the egg move Earth Power, I'll breed her with a male Corsola that I'll also have to capture and level up. Since I have a Corsola FS, I'll probably use that to find the father so that the baby can have the chance of getting a few IVs as well.

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort? This Eevee project I'm currently working on has taken me 3 days as of now, and since it is my first.. it would be the longest and the most effort. XD Any expert tips for breeding by the way for a newbie? I think I have the basics down (passing down natures, egg moves, abilities, ivs)

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604
[ Clubs: breeders club & trainers association ]

Old December 12th, 2013, 09:48 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Hi Kana, good luck with your Eevee breeding

I guess you already know all the items you need to pass down natures, IVs and abilities, like the Everstone and Destiny Knot. If you ever need good parents, the Friend Safari is a good place to start, since you are guaranteed to always get a Pokemon with at least two perfect IVs. Make sure to swap the parents as you go, i.e. start with a parent with 2 perfect IVs, when you get a baby with 3 perfect IVs, swap them so you can have better chances for the future babies.

A Pokemon with the ability Synchronize is preferred when you go out to catch parents, because you have a 50% chance that the wild Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as your Synchronizer. It just needs to be the first in your party, it can even be fainted. So it's a good idea to have a bunch of Synchronizers with good natures to make stuff easier when you want to start a new breeding project.

Speaking of abilities, if you lead with a Pokemon with Cute Charm, you have a 66.6% chance that the wild Pokemon you encounter will be of the opposite gender, regardless of its species original gender ratio.

Oh and having a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party halves the time needed to hatch your eggs. My favorite is Talonflame; I also gave it Fly so I can easily go back and forth from the Day Care to Kiloude City to check in with the IV judge after I hatch a bunch of eggs.

Hope any of this was at least a bit helpful
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
kanakinz.

Thanks! ♥ It's a little time consuming, especially since it takes quite a lot of steps to hatch these eevee eggs! I found a trick that makes it a little easier than cycling back and forth on Route 7 however! I usually fly to Lumiose City, go to the very middle where the tower/gym is, and circle around and around until an egg hatches.

Thank you for the advice Miau! I actually love my talonflame as well for the same exact reasons

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Old December 13th, 2013, 05:19 PM
kanakinz.

Finally got an Eevee with the 5ivs I wanted! (minus attack) I was hoping for a female, but hey, what were the chances of that happening? Lol. I'm gonna let the parents stay in there and produce a few more eggs, so hopefully I can have a few with 5ivs.

I'll probably work on that stunfisk later on today, and once I breed one of those I'll start my next project, Malamar!

// Edit: BTW, I got a female with the 5iv's I wanted. I named her Kairi, she's going to be my new Sylveon C:

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Last edited by kanakinz.; December 14th, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:38 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Congrats, Kana! I actually just watched the Eevee and Friends short this morning, I was going to hunt for female Eevee in the FS while watching, but my eyes were just glued to the my laptop screen and I was just standing there with my 3DS in my hands without even flying to Kiloude yet

I've started breeding Heliotile BTW, started with a JAP female with 4 perfect IVs and a male with 3 perfect IVs, and I couldn't believe it when my very first hatch was a 31/x/31/31/31/31 male
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

@_espeon: Nice job on the eevee, kana. They DO take forever to hatch, don't they?

@_ChipmunkGamingInc.: I'm itching for a project. Let's breed something blue this time! Or pink, or whatever really :D

This morning I'm breeding a psyduck for a friend who likes pokemon that are confused, sleepy, or lazy. So far I bred a random psyduck with my Timid ditto to get a Timid female psyduck with a perfect special attack IV. Currently I'm leveling the father, which is a stantler with a perfect HP IV. He's going to pass hypnosis and confuse ray to the psyduck. I'll update once it's all said and done.

Update: six hours and six thousand pokedollars later, it's done. I'm attaching a photo to show the breeding chain. It got a bit complicated. Anyway here's the baby:

B****-Arms the Psyduck
Timid Male
Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/Confusion/Water Pulse
31|x|x|31|x|31

I plan to teach him Signal Beam and possibly Icy Wind at the battle frontier. Also nominating B****-Arms as a trophy pokemon. Sure, his Fury Swipes will barely even tickle, but as a special sweeper he totally rules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (356.3 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Tek; December 14th, 2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Update
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here